DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ used a mirror.  So he was able to use it on himself AND pass it off?

Yes. Because actions are time oriented and go receiver-->received, AJ had his abilities canceled out - losing his powers [mirror] - and then was recruited and that gave him his mirror back.

You tracked somebody to nowhere, and you didn't reveal this information when people where still unsure of him?

Darthe didn't see my submission until after. [And he won't confirm that in thread] But I *DID* ask you all to hold off on Ley because I *WOULD* have info. So it's not like I wasn't trying.

That doesn't speak to his alignment at all, though.  He could have been a mafia finder or serial killer finder, could he not?  If you have something that proves he isn't, please, let us know.

Oh I agree with you and said as much. I couldn't divine his alignment just his role. I suspect someone has the ability to determine his alignment via some type of game related artifact so 'm not too worried. But at least he's telling the truth [since he was being accused of lying based on how he had claimed to have acquired the power] and that seems like it would have been less than ideal information for a scum key holder to share since JKing a cop investigation or something like that would come back to bite him and lead directly to his lynch.

I'm heading to bed but I'll have some info on Leyrann in the AM. Trust me or don't - at your peril.

You were able to state somebody's role, after they claimed it?

Don't act like that wasn't a big deal. Especially coming from you since the entire way he went around acquiring that power was under question. Remember this??

I think you're probably right about that.  This game is pretty out there, but I think (or hope?) Darthe wouldn't let that play [use finder ability against a mod kill] happen.

You used an item to find out there's a third SK, even though you didn't say there were three until you were outed.  Keep in mind, there was a kill in the write up that you claim isn't your's, which kind of suggests a third SK on it's own.

1. Already explained that I was telegraphing the Psychiatrist.

2. There was only 1 kill so I have no idea what you are talking about. I couldn't perform any actions last night - as posted in thread by the mod - so it isn't a "claim" that I'm not responsible for that death, it's a FACT.

3. I outed the other SK before night fall so AJ and I agreed that the kill was most likely because of mafia and not from the 3rd SK.

If you can imagine, I'm not blown away.

Oh really?

Yates is obviously not town, but he's probably done more than just about anybody this game.

Actually, after looking at how the game as progressed - especially wrt how you handled Leyran - I'm starting to think you and Pral are the scum team...

I'm not going to quote to avoid an eyesore.

1) I don't understand what you're explaining there.  You used nothing in thread, so I have to assume you recruited him during the night phase.  AJ used the mirror during the previous day phase; I don't see how whatever you did would cancel it out.  

2) Yes, I saw that.  However, you never revealed what information you got until the previous post I was responding to.  Darthe didn't see it?  That's certainly possible, and maybe even probable, given the activity of the game.  But I think my concern there is perfectly reasonable.

3) Oh, I'm not acting like it was a big deal.  You know I remember that post.  I assume you remember MY post where I set Turin aside because of your information.  That doesn't change the fact I have no idea what effect the ability you used on him in thread did, and it's not unfathomable you could have backed up him based on the assumption he was telling the truth.

4) I thought it was pretty clear, but allow me to explain.  D1, you said you used an item to determine there were 2 SK's (didn't happen in thread, which is reason enough to doubt you).  This was after Tina died, so her death told you that there was a second SK.  Then there was a kill at night.  It obviously wasn't you.  So, three potential killers - Tina, you, whoever killed Ithi.

Again, I can't prove you didn't use an item to learn the number of SK's in the game.  But I'm not going to ignore all of that you could have just figured out from the in-game results, combined with your role.

And I don't know what you're considering "outing the other killer".  If you're talking your post about "I used an ability to determine there were TWO serial killers this game" (paraphrased), then you didn't OUT anything but your own role (from my POV).  You COULD have claimed another SK role immediately after Tina died - or after the lynch, if you wanted to ensure your survival - and ensured you got targeted.  But you didn't.

If there is a scum team (and it doesn't involve you), I could see these as the possible teams.  Order is somewhat relevant.

-Dice/Pral.  Pral doesn't seem to have mentioned Dice at all, while Dice hasn't made any mention of reading Pral.  He did back Pral's claim that Turin's interactions with Ithi didn't seem right.

-Dice/Tress.  Some talk between the two of them, and he gave her an early town read for meta.  She gave him a tentative town read shortly after the game started (only other read was Ithi).  Restated the read in a long list, where she didn't see RTE's point about him being more "scum Dice".  

-Pral/Tress.  Threw Tress out earlier as a potential teammate of Turin, along with Sooh.  Concluded Sooh was the scum due to her stalling before voting.

I have a hard time finding a potential partner for Sooh.  She's seemed pretty over the place, and I still think she's sounded pretty genuine.  I guess Pral would be the most likely.  He concluded that she was the mafia and voted her, then immediately moved off her after I directed him to my previous post.  In hindsight, that's a little off - I explicitly stated she had no serial killer equity.  Not scum.  Not mafia.  I don't like this as much as the other three though, and I don't like her as a candidate today.

1) I don't understand what you're explaining there.  You used nothing in thread, so I have to assume you recruited him during the night phase.  AJ used the mirror during the previous day phase; I don't see how whatever you did would cancel it out.

Mod has confirmed AJ was a VT to start the game so recruiting happened.

There are no recruiting roles so you know recruiting had to happen from an item.

As you know, items are used during the day.

My item was used BEFORE AJ used his mirror.

You know this has to be the case or I would have recruited myself [AJ uses mirror >>try to recruit AJ>> mirror reflects action on to myself>> I recruit myself].  

Bottom line: all actions, including mod confirmed information, corroborate that I'm telling the truth.

Darthe didn't see it?  That's certainly possible, and maybe even probable, given the activity of the game.  But I think my concern there is perfectly reasonable.

Well there's nothing I can do about it now, is there? I asked you to wait, told you I'd have mod information, and you not only took a shot anyway [ignoring my plea] but used a target to ensure that shot would hit. That's on YOU.

That doesn't change the fact I have no idea what effect the ability you used on him in thread did, and it's not unfathomable you could have backed up him based on the assumption he was telling the truth.

It's not "unfathomable" but it isn't likely, either. Your assuming I'd just immediately make the assumption he was telling the truth about using a finder ability on a modkill - which is not a 50/50 proposition. The fact that I was publicly on record as suspicious of Turin, used my ability to confirm his role, then did an immediate 180 on him illustrates that I had motive to use an item to sort his slot out AND that I was at least painting myself into a corner by doing that 180 to support his claim while simultaneously removing him from the suspect pool at my own peril. These are not the actions of a man that is NOT invested in a Town win.

4) I thought it was pretty clear, but allow me to explain.  D1, you said you used an item to determine there were 2 SK's (didn't happen in thread, which is reason enough to doubt you).  This was after Tina died, so her death told you that there was a second SK.  Then there was a kill at night.  It obviously wasn't you.  So, three potential killers - Tina, you, whoever killed Ithi.

Again; I'm painting myself into a corner. I'm saying there's another SK out there and we are going to find that person. My assumption is the opposite of your assumption. I don't think the other SK is responsible for that kill - I think MAFIA is responsible for that kill.

You COULD have claimed another SK role immediately after Tina died - or after the lynch, if you wanted to ensure your survival - and ensured you got targeted.  But you didn't.

Actually, that's exactly what I did. I used my item during the dream phase on Day 1 and made that info public once I knew - which was before end of day.

Mod has confirmed AJ was a VT to start the game so recruiting happened.

There are no recruiting roles so you know recruiting had to happen from an item.

As you know, items are used during the day.

My item was used BEFORE AJ used his mirror.

You know this has to be the case or I would have recruited myself [AJ uses mirror >>try to recruit AJ>> mirror reflects action on to myself>> I recruit myself].  

Bottom line: all actions, including mod confirmed information, corroborate that I'm telling the truth.

I can't prove your lying.  But here's what I know.

The professor hasn't shown up yet.  Odd.  Odder still is that people have been finding things throughout the house, little bits and ends that don't make sense to be there.  They found three little statues of a super smash bros dragoon, a brand new wrench, a fake I.D card, a toy police badge, a camera, a mouse trap (oddly placed atop the refrigerator), a writ of ownership and a mirror hung backwards.  Nobody quite knew what to make of a barren house filled with such items (and them, of course) but a grade was a grade.  One of the classmates had begun to joke about B horror movies and everyone chuckled but, honestly, it did have that vibe.  

None of them noticed the sleeping gas seeping into the rooms until it was too late.  They were all asleep before they reached the entrance.

Ten of the known items have been found!  

Now that items are in hands, those of you who have received items have dream roles.  Day is extended 24 hours and during this seemingly 24 hour dream phase (and only during it) your items have power.  Use of your abilities happens on thread (aka I would say: Use Axe on Darthe) and takes effect the moment that it is recognized by the moderator (Axe has been used, Darthe now smells fresher, you notice no other effect).  You may not reveal what effect your ability has on thread though I will inform the thread of the items use when it is used.  Know that you can pass along your items but that you must do so through a PM to me and that the person receiving the item will not know who it comes from.  

Votes still work but a hammer will not take effect until everyone has woken.  

We used the statues to kill Tina.

Dice used the ID on me.

AJ used the badge on Tina.

Ithillian used the writ on RTE.

AJ used the mirror on himself.

Turin used the mouse trap on me.

So you recruited him, during the day, with an item you used outside the thread.  Even though Darthe's post explicitly states it must be used in thread.  Again, I can't prove your lying, but every time I've been given had to be used in thread - including the ones I gained later.  

If anybody else wants to claim having used an item outside the thread, speak up.

I also don't know why AJ needed to poke you for more information about your book of the dead claim in thread (5:57 EST on the 4th), if you had recruited him prior to that (he used the mirror an hour and a half before that).  

Yates  Thoughts on Clov?

I think he's trying very hard to change his narrative to explain his vote on me. A vote which I think he doesn't make as Town. I'm starting to think he's either mafia [since he's suddenly seeming to try to pretend like maybe a mafia faction doesn't exist] or he's the 3rd SK.

ALL!!  I want to know  yes or no from everybody except Clov  Did anyone investigate clov day or night 1?

Nope.

@Clov - So your point is that you think Yates is lying?

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.  This is Yates, darlin', it's what he does best.  And he's playing to his win condition, which we currently know.

So are you so positive that there is no mafia that you're willing to focus exclusively on the outed serial killer who is claiming he wants to be a townie?

Because I'm not.  If there's any way Yates is telling the truth that there are actually 3 serial killers (instead of there being MORE than three), I don't think this game is balanced with 11 town and 3 SKs and zero mafia.  I could be wrong, but that's my instinct here, having played quite a lot of games (including Darthe games and DPR games) and modded or co-modded a fair number.

So you recruited him, during the day, with an item you used outside the thread.  Even though Darthe's post explicitly states it must be used in thread.

Yes. Obviously. And you know this is the case because he was MOD CONFIRMED RECRUITED despite there being NO RECRUITER ROLE. Thus it HAD to come from an item. Mod is obviously not going to make someone use a recruiting item in public. You are trying to game the mod in the same way you tried to argue Turin couldn't have "found" the key holder ability on a mod kill.

This is a bad look for you.

I don't think this game is balanced with 11 town and 3 SKs and zero mafia.  I could be wrong, but that's my instinct here, having played quite a lot of games (including Darthe games and DPR games) and modded or co-modded a fair number.

I'll do you one better and challenge you to find a Darthe game that didn't have mafia. The closest he came was in the game where I was the only mafia and there was a symp.

Archived