DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

That's terrible.

I want clarification about what the Finder role does and whether it allows the user to take the target's ability or changes their alignment as well.

Turin being a Keyholder says nothing about his alignment unless I get specific verification. A scum aligned Keyholder is nothing more than a RBer in utilization.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Important Post #2

So... remember when I claimed there were two Serial Killers back on Day 1?

Yeah. I lied.

There were THREE Serial Killers. I simply subtracted myself from that equation to stay under the radar. Now that I'm outed and can't be NKed [did I mention that I won a LOT of toys??]? I'm not too worried about sharing that fact. Plus, I'm still hoping to see the doctor. Also, I think that little stunt is what convinced the 3rd SK to holster last night.

So yeah. Yates wrecking for the Town. Again.

Important Post #2

So... remember when I claimed there were two Serial Killers back on Day 1?

Yeah. I lied.

There were THREE Serial Killers. I simply subtracted myself from that equation to stay under the radar. Now that I'm outed and can't be NKed [did I mention that I won a LOT of toys??]? I'm not too worried about sharing that fact. Plus, I'm still hoping to see the doctor. Also, I think that little stunt is what convinced the 3rd SK to holster last night.

So yeah. Yates wrecking for the Town. Again.

Did you give me a gift?

And for the record, HL was mod killed because he hadn't posted in 48 hours as the OP clearly stated is a mod killable offense. I know as much because we discussed this in the Dragoon QT while debating who to shoot. You presenting the fact that HL was MK'd over being replaced as if it was meant to benefit you somehow is distasteful to say the least and is basically saying that Darthe isn't modding impartially.

So please, stop trying to use circumstances that favor your story as if they are facts. You are bringing forth a lot of evidence that is dependent on Darthe to further your narrative and frankly I hope you are just lying because otherwise I will be upset with the way this game has been ran and presented via the OP. The fact you were able to take the ability as if Darthe was an acting player who committed the action I disagree with, to say the least, but that's not up to me.

The fact you were able to take the ability as if Darthe was an acting player who committed the action I disagree with, to say the least, but that's not up to me.

Remember when we lynched Darthe as the mod? Yeah. He's part of the game. Plus, you know what I used and what it did. *I* am telling you that he's the key holder.

The fact you were able to take the ability as if Darthe was an acting player who committed the action I disagree with, to say the least, but that's not up to me.

Remember when we lynched Darthe as the mod? Yeah. He's part of the game. Plus, you know what I used and what it did. *I* am telling you that he's the key holder.

That doesn't speak to his alignment at all, though.  He could have been a mafia finder or serial killer finder, could he not?  If you have something that proves he isn't, please, let us know.

Did you give me a gift?

No. The only person I would gift right now is AJ.

I meant last night.

No. I was in mod jail last night, bro. I couldn't send or receive anything from when I got silenced until this morning.

That doesn't speak to his alignment at all, though.  He could have been a mafia finder or serial killer finder, could he not?  If you have something that proves he isn't, please, let us know.

Oh I agree with you and said as much. I couldn't divine his alignment just his role. I suspect someone has the ability to determine his alignment via some type of game related artifact so 'm not too worried. But at least he's telling the truth [since he was being accused of lying based on how he had claimed to have acquired the power] and that seems like it would have been less than ideal information for a scum key holder to share since JKing a cop investigation or something like that would come back to bite him and lead directly to his lynch.

If there really were three serial killers to start the game, I'm not sure how the set up would involve mafia.  3 SK and 2 mafia seems way too much.  Maybe 2 Indy SK's and a third SK on mafia?  We know Tina was on her own.  Yates seems to genuinely be playing to help town out, which leads me to believe he's either

1) Mafia, and not a SK, with everything he said being a complete lie to misdirect, OR

2) Telling the truth and hoping to get vanillanized.

I'm going with the first for now.

I completely trust AJ to be town.  If I'm wrong about that, then I'm proud of you AJ.  

I still don't trust Turin, but I'm willing to look away from him for now.  

With the new information about a 3rd SK, this puts my POE as: Dice/Pral/Tress/Sooh/Conquest (Leyran).  My preference for killing would be Leyran/Tress/Pral/Dice/Sooh  Pral is still unlikely to be mafia but makes some sense as the SK.  I think I remember him laying low and being pretty reserved in another game as the SK, but I'd have to check that.

My preference for killing would be Leyran/Tress/Pral/Dice/Sooh

Would either you or AJ please take a second and explain to me how Leyran helps his team by outing himself as the key holder? How will scum benefit from this role knowing he has to use it to at least appear to be assisting Town?

Convince me of tht and I can waste another item sorting him out. At this point I'm inclined to believe he is Town and just not playing well.

That should be Turin, yes?

Oh. Yes. Sorry about that. I need some sleep but I suspect Darthe will respond by morning. Carry on.

I'm heading to bed but I'll have some info on Leyrann in the AM. Trust me or don't - at your peril.

I'm going to assume it's supposed to be Turin.  It gives him something safe to claim.  He's been catching steady pressure throughout the game, so he reveals he's the key holder to get people off his back.  If he's a serial killer, there is no "team" he has to help - just himself.  If he IS part of a scum team, he can use it to protect them (making a teammate unable to be hit with abilities), while pointing out he essentially roleblocked a scum candidate.  

Well, that's a problem for someone else to sort out. All I can tell you is that he wasn't lying about being the finder OR about taking that role from Hearthlight because he is confirmed key holder today. Those are two major things he was being challenged on that he was being truthful about.

I've been assuming key holder works the same as jail keep [meaning he can't use any other NA on the nights he key holds] so if that's the case I don't see how he can help himself with the role as an SK. If I'm wrong about that? Let me know and someone else can check his alignment.

Well, that's a problem for someone else to sort out. All I can tell you is that he wasn't lying about being the finder OR about taking that role from Hearthlight because he is confirmed key holder today. Those are two major things he was being challenged on that he was being truthful about.

I've been assuming key holder works the same as jail keep [meaning he can't use any other NA on the nights he key holds] so if that's the case I don't see how he can help himself with the role as an SK. If I'm wrong about that? Let me know and someone else can check his alignment.

Why would a jail keep prevent him from using another NA?  I was under the impression that any dual-role (such as the SK psychatrist example in the OP) would be able to use both simultaneously.

I was under the impression that any dual-role (such as the SK psychatrist example in the OP) would be able to use both simultaneously.

Good question for the mod.

@Darthe - in the hypothetical example from your post; could an SK/Psychiatrist both kill and heal in the same phase?

Also, does key holder work the same as a JK and prevent the key holder from performing other actions - if he were to have them?

im thinking kill sooh or Ley.

Opinions wanted

Well, I obviously disagree with the latter. Also not convinced about Sooh, but then again, I just don't know it anymore, with Turin having spoken the truth (which, I admittedly thought, was on the edge of "too absurd to be a lie"), AJ being claimed town by Yates and me trusting Yates (though I hope the psychiatrist will just cure him next night. We already got enough kill potential with town, we don't need a serial killer out there, even if he's helping us). And before I forget:

[v] ##Unvote [/v]

im thinking kill sooh or Ley.

Opinions wanted

After Turin, these would be my next two.  I'm not sold on either of them as scum, but I have the most question marks about them.  Leyrann hasn't really discussed anyone BUT Turin in the past day.  Everything else seems to be focused on explaining his previous actions.  My issue with Sooh really stems from the vote on RTE.  I do need to see more from her before I feel GOOD about her.  

I suppose I would go Sooh over Leyrann at this point, because I'm interested to see what Leyrann has to say about the item he used on Turin.

Once again, I can't say anything about it yet, as far as I know.

(snip)

I'm going to:

[v]#AJ[/v]

If only because of post 264. I'll explain in more detail later [for game play reasons] but for now, I feel pretty good about this vote.

Why not explain now? It's definitely not obvious to me why you would vote AJ. You come off with an aggressive playing style, which is fine, but it's not easy for me at least to read that as Town unless you explain your vote.

This is returned as AJ support by questioning Yates reason for voting. Yates had stated he would explain.

BOLD: That doesn't sound like words coming from a first timer. 

(snip)

Own bold: I don't like this. I REALLY don't like this. I still remember that, in my first game, I got lynched with this primary line of thought and while, yes, I was mafia, I would have said the EXACT SAME if I had been town. To be honest how new a player is is NEVER a good argument for a lynch.

Are you talking about the Basterd game? I don't think we actually lynched him, at least as far as I remember. And yes, I'm aware of what you did and how it worked. That still tells me nothing about his alignment.

If there really were three serial killers to start the game, I'm not sure how the set up would involve mafia.  3 SK and 2 mafia seems way too much.  Maybe 2 Indy SK's and a third SK on mafia?  We know Tina was on her own.  Yates seems to genuinely be playing to help town out, which leads me to believe he's either

1) Mafia, and not a SK, with everything he said being a complete lie to misdirect, OR

2) Telling the truth and hoping to get vanillanized.

I'm going with the first for now.

I completely trust AJ to be town.  If I'm wrong about that, then I'm proud of you AJ.  

I still don't trust Turin, but I'm willing to look away from him for now.  

With the new information about a 3rd SK, this puts my POE as: Dice/Pral/Tress/Sooh/Conquest (Leyran).  My preference for killing would be Leyran/Tress/Pral/Dice/Sooh  Pral is still unlikely to be mafia but makes some sense as the SK.  I think I remember him laying low and being pretty reserved in another game as the SK, but I'd have to check that.

The two bolded statements seem sort of backwards to me. Did you mean to say you were going with the second option?

If Yates isn't lying about there actually being 3 SKs then I agree with you that a mafia team wouldn't really balance out versus 9 townies unless there was a solo mafioso, but then again unless they were heavily boosted I can't see them having a chance to win. 3 Indy SKs with various abilities vs. a 9-player town could probably balance out reasonably well.

Seeing as how Tina is dead and Yates is outed and fessed up, out of the remaining players I think probably Pral has the most SK equity as I stated before and for reasons similar as to what you state here. There was a post of his that he made earlier questioning Yates about the Book of Death that kind of tilted me when I read it, and with this new potentially true info, I think it's worth taking a deeper look at.

The camera was a cop view, y'all, and Yates is NOT TOWN.

I really could not telegraph the psychiatrist any better. I'm the other SK and we need to lynch scum... I would have holstered last night but I didn't need to because I was in purgatory protected from all actions.

Boom.

Fix me and help me use my powers for good...

So, what did the Book of the Dead tell you? Clealy, it didn't tell you that there are 2 SKs in the game. Because you knew that once Tina flipped. What else?

Archived