DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

@Clov - So your point is that you think Yates is lying?

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.  This is Yates, darlin', it's what he does best.

In fairness, I have a pretty good record of mod confirmed truthiness in this game... :wink:

There were exactly 3 SK's to start the game. One is dead. I'm one. There's one left. I suspect there are 2 mafia or 1 and a possible symp. Anyone could have won the recruiting item I won so you have to take that into consideration when weighing balance. AND, Darthe confirmed that another alignment changing item could still be out there or pop up in the future.

Which reminds me to tell you guys, this game may have some small element of conversion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, I have a pretty good record of mod confirmed truthiness in this game... :wink:

There were exactly 3 SK's to start the game. One is dead. I'm one. There's one left. I suspect there are 2 mafia or 1 and a possible symp. Anyone could have won the recruiting item I won so you have to take that into consideration when weighing balance. AND, Darthe confirmed that another alignment changing item could still be out there or pop up in the future.

Yates  was the blue before or after I used the ID card?

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.  This is Yates, darlin', it's what he does best.  And he's playing to his win condition, which we currently know.

So are you so positive that there is no mafia that you're willing to focus exclusively on the outed serial killer who is claiming he wants to be a townie?

Because I'm not.  If there's any way Yates is telling the truth that there are actually 3 serial killers (instead of there being MORE than three), I don't think this game is balanced with 11 town and 3 SKs and zero mafia.  I could be wrong, but that's my instinct here, having played quite a lot of games (including Darthe games and DPR games) and modded or co-modded a fair number.

My point is that a lot of what he's saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Does that imply lying?  Maybe.  Maybe I just know nothing about mafia whatsoever and am incapable of figuring out what's going on (hint: I don't think it's this).  

Am I so positive there are no mafia that I'm going to completely ignore the possibility?  No.  I already stated what my possible mafia pairings were.  I've already said I didn't really see Sooh (the only candidate for the day, so far) fitting in as part of a team.  I have yet to see an argument that explains why she's a candidate, beyond Dice thinking she's too comfortable with terminology, and I haven't seen discussion on who best fits with her as a teammate and who doesn't.  

In terms of a set up, 3 SK's with no mafia is a lot more balanced than 3 SK's and 2+ mafia.  Town would have no chance, unless the various scum all just happened to shoot each other.  3/1 is possible, but at that point, why not just say the "mafia" is a fourth SK?  If there ARE mafia in this game, I'm guessing one of the SK's is a mafia-aligned SK, since the OP cites a serial killer mafia goon as an example.  If that's the case, Yates is a viable mafia candidate, and Sooh - again - is not that.

In other news, the Pope is Catholic.  This is Yates, darlin', it's what he does best.  And he's playing to his win condition, which we currently know.

So are you so positive that there is no mafia that you're willing to focus exclusively on the outed serial killer who is claiming he wants to be a townie?

Because I'm not.  If there's any way Yates is telling the truth that there are actually 3 serial killers (instead of there being MORE than three), I don't think this game is balanced with 11 town and 3 SKs and zero mafia.  I could be wrong, but that's my instinct here, having played quite a lot of games (including Darthe games and DPR games) and modded or co-modded a fair number.

My point is that a lot of what he's saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Does that imply lying?  Maybe.  Maybe I just know nothing about mafia whatsoever and am incapable of figuring out what's going on (hint: I don't think it's this).  

Am I so positive there are no mafia that I'm going to completely ignore the possibility?  No.  I already stated what my possible mafia pairings were.  I've already said I didn't really see Sooh (the only candidate for the day, so far) fitting in as part of a team.  I have yet to see an argument that explains why she's a candidate, beyond Dice thinking she's too comfortable with terminology, and I haven't seen discussion on who best fits with her as a teammate and who doesn't.  

In terms of a set up, 3 SK's with no mafia is a lot more balanced than 3 SK's and 2+ mafia.  Town would have no chance, unless the various scum all just happened to shoot each other.  3/1 is possible, but at that point, why not just say the "mafia" is a fourth SK?  If there ARE mafia in this game, I'm guessing one of the SK's is a mafia-aligned SK, since the OP cites a serial killer mafia goon as an example.  If that's the case, Yates is a viable mafia candidate, and Sooh - again - is not that.

With the extra toys in play, and the daily phase where everyone has a 25% chance of a vig shot, no setup can be perfectly balanced, and even with 5 anti-town out of 14 players there is certainly always a chance for town to win.  If Yates had, for instance, replaced in for ConQuest instead of Red, or for Heartlight instead of him being modkilled, all the cool toys he allegedly picked up would have gone to town instead of a Serial Killer.

If he's not prevaricating madly, that is.

My point, however, is that if there IS a mafia, you should probably be trying to lynch the mafia instead of the SK you're allegedly going to cure tonight.  If YOU'RE not prevaricating madly.

Yates  Thoughts on Clov?

ALL!!  I want to know  yes or no from everybody except Clov  Did anyone investigate clov day or night 1?

Nope... no investigation...

Also... I have a TON of reading to do when I get home, because this game is confusing me more and more... 

With the extra toys in play, and the daily phase where everyone has a 25% chance of a vig shot, no setup can be perfectly balanced, and even with 5 anti-town out of 14 players there is certainly always a chance for town to win.  If Yates had, for instance, replaced in for ConQuest instead of Red, or for Heartlight instead of him being modkilled, all the cool toys he allegedly picked up would have gone to town instead of a Serial Killer.

If he's not prevaricating madly, that is.

My point, however, is that if there IS a mafia, you should probably be trying to lynch the mafia instead of the SK you're allegedly going to cure tonight.  If YOU'RE not prevaricating madly.

Well, I'm only going to cure him if he's alive :P  I think I've stated my feelings on that.

Also, what do you mean allegedly?  Do you think I would use it on anybody BUT the claimed SK?  

I think I qualified that statement already.  It might just be that it's been a very long day and not enough caffeine, but I'm not sure your actions today make sense to me in light of your claim.

I'll need to sleep on it I suppose.

And since I'm tired of dancing around the subject, I've been saying Sooh has zero serial killer equity because if she was a SK, she became vanilla last night when I targeted her.

1. That doesn't mean she isn't mafia.

2. Screw you fella. Why would you challenge my assertion that I knew there was a psychiatrist, pretend like there is likely no psychiatrist, and VOTE for the person you COULD make a Townie if you ARE the Psychiatrist? That is probably the most negative utility play in the history of mafia. Never mind the fact that we are talking about me, here - a person that you KNOW has been helping the Town, begging to be converted, and has been wrecking it in terms of acquiring items and using them PROPERLY??

I feel like there is no longer any excuse for ANYONE to be voting me at this point.

1. Again, I have been proven right time after time

2. I'm a known, vetted, and proven entity

3. I'm an asset to the Town

4. I have more assets to use in support of the Town's win condition

5. I have proven - by Clov's admission - that I can be recruited to the good guys

Seriously. I'm spent.

Yates  was the blue before or after I used the ID card?

I don't think I did anything that would have affected your ID Card action but I think these are the pertinent events?

Posted by Andrej on 04 March 2015 - 10:16 AM in The Black Tower (Social Group)

***Use Badge on Tina***

Posted by dicetosser1 on 04 March 2015 - 03:22 PM in The Black Tower (Social Group)

use ID card on Clov

Sent 04 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

#Use recruiting item on AJ

Posted by Andrej on 04 March 2015 - 04:11 PM in The Black Tower (Social Group)

***USE MIRROR ON SELF***

And since I'm tired of dancing around the subject, I've been saying Sooh has zero serial killer equity because if she was a SK, she became vanilla last night when I targeted her.

1. That doesn't mean she isn't mafia.

2. Screw you fella. Why would you challenge my assertion that I knew there was a psychiatrist, pretend like there is likely no psychiatrist, and VOTE for the person you COULD make a Townie if you ARE the Psychiatrist? That is probably the most negative utility play in the history of mafia. Never mind the fact that we are talking about me, here - a person that you KNOW has been helping the Town, begging to be converted, and has been wrecking it in terms of acquiring items and using them PROPERLY??

I feel like there is no longer any excuse for ANYONE to be voting me at this point.

1. Again, I have been proven right time after time

2. I'm a known, vetted, and proven entity

3. I'm an asset to the Town

4. I have more assets to use in support of the Town's win condition

5. I have proven - by Clov's admission - that I can be recruited to the good guys

Seriously. I'm spent.

I never said she wasn't.  I DID say I had trouble fitting her in as part of a team, and nobody really seems interested in talking about that post.  

When did I suggest there wasn't a psychiatrist, or even that there MIGHT not be?  Even if I had - which I hadn't - I'm sure you understand the idea of concealment.  Second, I felt REALLY good about lynching mafia after D1 ended.  Then my second best suspect got merc'ed at night.  Your partner blew up my #1 candidate.  Conquest (Leyrann 2.0) was the next guy on my list.  

Now, this is mostly my ridiculously oversized ego talking, but think about this from my POV.  These are the two possible scenarios.  One, there are 2 SK's and lynching you ends the game, or maybe a third - in which case lynching you doesn't end the game.  Two, there absolutely are 3 SK's this game, on top of a mafia team we haven't even touched.  To be quite honest, I don't think there's a strong case been made this phase against ANYBODY still alive (and yes, a considerable amount of blame for that falls on me).    I look at my reads list, and ALL of my strong scum candidates ended up town.  I had Tina as basically null before I caught up in Dragoon Chat, then bumped her down.  I had Red (and you) as town.  Whoever the mafia is between Pral/Tress/Sooh/Dice is somebody I felt reasonably good about.

I ask myself...what's more likely?  There were 5 non-town in a 14 person game and I basically whiffed on everybody out of the gate?  Or there were two,?

So if you - or anybody else - are 100% certain my theory about no mafia is wrong, prove it.  Because I've been trying since the game began, and it sure as hell hasn't worked out.

ya know what?  Why the hell not

I want to join you. But then again, I have concerns you might be fooling me. Would you do that to a sleep deprived first time father that is in actuality your brother from another mother effectively making her your niecey from a different khaleesi?

Now, this is mostly my ridiculously oversized ego talking, but think about this from my POV.  These are the two possible scenarios.  One, there are 2 SK's and lynching you ends the game, or maybe a third - in which case lynching you doesn't end the game.

The obvious zero risk all reward play here, then, is to convert me to Town. If I'm the only evil left in Town? We ALL win as a Town. When we wake up tomorrow with me converted, a dead Townie, and the game still going? Then you know there is at least another SK out there - as I promised - and likely mafia.

Archived