DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cleanse the Tower - Black Tower Mafia Day 2

Darthe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ummm actually I said time debates are completely pointless, my focuse on Time is that that she made a statement with no reason just to be seen making a statement with a vote common mafia tactics.

as far as your reaching on Ley it's plainly obious what he's saying. Reacher no reaching.

Time debates pointless? Why? Your reasoning given earlier leaves much to be desired. Mafia would want a deadline that gives them advantage. So if shorter deadlines give them advantage(my belief), then it makes sense to question those that wanted shorter deadlines. Especially those that are discounting lynching mafia day one.

See you are contradicting yourself in that you say she gave no reason and then say she was using common mafia tactics. Which would be a reason. Maybe even a good reason since there is a reason for tactics to be classed as common.

Your position on Ley is noted. thank you.

I.need to sleep now. Another long day tomorrow.

here

actually no that is not backflipping at all. He's trying to say that I contradicted myself by saying she had no reason and then calling it a common mafia tactic. The truth is she had no reason, if you take the post at face value, there is no reason in the post which is what I said. Making a bandwagony-ish vote/statement is a common mafia tactic but that doesn't magically put a reason in the post so please sir tell me how this logic of yours works.

it's just as good as a lynch due to the fact someone dies and we get info on that death and the people who were voting for/not voting for that person

also of note Time has an awkward attempt at distancing from Kivam and Kivam comes to her defense, I can very confidently say both Time and Kivam are mafia.

There we go.

Time and Kivam and EP.

I'm reading all of their syntax in this game and it all comes across as very controlled, very precise and very lawyery. Kivam is playing the Town organiser and pusher of votes. EP and Time are having their falling out over mechanics. There's so much similarity in how their posts are formed I have to check afterwards to see which one of them is typing. There's some serious plotting occurring.

and EP can very confidently say that Kivam and Time are both Mafia - and mentions Kivam's amazing gambits.

AND they're still fluffing up the game with mechanics talk.

Don't know about Time and EP, but given that I am actually a lawyer and you've seen me on the D&D board, the fact that you would find this odd ... is odd.  (As for "Town organizer and pusher of votes" ... well, yeah.  That's what I do, town or scum, especially D1.  But since I don't think we've played before, no reason for you to know that)

I don't like the votes on WoT at all and I'm beginning to see patterns emerging.

[v]unvote. ##Phoenix[/v]

UnOfficial Vote Count 3:

Kivam (1/9): Ley

WoT (3/9): I Phoenix, Lenlo, Locke

Pheonix (5/9): Tina, Turin, Dice, thi, Kivam

Not Voting (10/16):

RTE, Thane,  Tommy, Laya, WoT,  AJ, Yates

I know Kivam is a lawyer. I made my statement because EP and WoTs syntax and tone is mirroring his. It makes me think he's running the show.

WoT completely failed to mention my vote. EP is being contained but is still leaking data. I think they made the decision to cut him now as damage control.

Under five hours left. With days as short as they will be in this game I think we need to go after inactives sooner or later. It will be too easy to just float along. I don´t think AJ and Pral have checked in yet.

I´m suspicious of Thane. He has 17 posts so far but hasn´t posted anything of importance. Could vote him too.

Tina echoes me and previously defended WoT. She's using me to take a stance against Kivam while voting Dice.

At the moment she'd be my choice for number 4 mafia.

You seem sure enough that you have found the whole mafia team today. 

I would probably have defended Ley too if I were here since I didn´t read his post as scummy. 

I´m starting to second guess myself. Didn´t like Dice vote at all. Looked too much like a bandwagon vote. 

I need to find when the deadline is. 

Deadline is soon.

I didn´t like Locke´s vote on Ley but he unvoted so I get a town feeling from him. 

I´ll echo Ithi, why are you voting EP, Kivam?

[unvote]

[v] ## Dice [/v]

Locke just voted me for pressure. He tends to do that.

(2 new replies)

Tina echoes me and previously defended WoT. She's using me to take a stance against Kivam while voting Dice.

At the moment she'd be my choice for number 4 mafia.

You seem sure enough that you have found the whole mafia team today. 

I would probably have defended Ley too if I were here since I didn´t read his post as scummy. 

While I am not near convinced about you and not yet sure on Time, I do think she is right on Kivam and EP. I'm still leaving my vote on Kivam though, because I still like him less than EP.

I'm in school right now, but I'm going to do my best to reply to all the votes or finger pointing at me... I'll be sporadically posting until deadline...

Turin's arguments about the time mechanic have consistently made very little sense to me. That said, I don't see a mafia taking that position so strongly, so I'm leaning more Turin -> Town for now. 

Vote: ## EP

I don't like his desire for a short day. I think that plays more into mafia than to town. There is more to day than EOD.

I don't like his reasoning for voting Time. She had no reason to vote at all. Her reasoning sounded reasonable to me. Plus the manner of it just wrong.

I don't like his response to Ithi's vote which was to deflect it as saying she always does that. I don't believe it to be true. 

I also don't like his post about how it takes days to find a mafia because he is always getting tunneled. Sounds like AtE to me. 

It all adds up to >>>rand to be mafia in my book.

Still, don't like the sound of this post. This looks to me like a post that's meant to look like good scumhunting, but is just really filled with a long list of flimsy points, as if you're looking for anything to pad your argument to look more reasonable.  A bunch of "I don't like" and vague statements like "the manner of it is just wrong". A lot of quantity, not much quality.

Moving on, at the top of my list is....WheelofTime!

[v] ## 24 hours [/v]

Anything less than that benefits mafia IMO... :P

When Time posts this, most people have voted for 24 hour with a couple voting for less. She doesn't give any reason, but says that anything less benefits mafia ..which sounds to me like an early subtle attempt at nudging a bandwagon towards one of the few who voted for a shorter time.

Your point about the red text is illogical due to the fact that it automatically becomes red when you type in the vote code, and anything less than 24 hours benefits mafia because the shorter amount of time town has, the more likely it will be to be picked off due to the fact that not everybody knows who town is.

A townie is going to die day 1. Accept it, and focus on using D1 to develop sufficient information to make that sacrifice meaningful.  Spending more time on D1 spam and silliness isn't beneficial to the town in the long run when the game has a total time clock that benefits scum

I am not understanding what you see in my post that shows silliness... While there is a greater chance of losing a townie, there is no guarantee that we won't lynch scum... My saying that those who want less time are more likely to benefit mafia should be seen as a valid point because the less amount of day there is, the quicker they can night kill a member of town, so therefore mafia is likely to be among those who don't want a long day... This will be good to keep in mind when deciding who to lynch...

Again...(not so subtle this time) 

For day 1?  [v]##6 hours[/v].  In a game with a clock, I'd rather compress D1's sillyness and save time for scumhunting on later days.

usually it is the middle days that have the most success at scum being lynched... at least in my experience. and six hours?? i know we have a certain amount of time we are able to use, but considering the fact (i know it has already been pointed out, but this point is very important) we have people in different time zones, jobs, school or something else, it is an unreasonable and unrealistic amount of time to get anything done or give anybody a chance to get anything done.

ok. [v]##12 hours[/v]

what are you saying ok to? and while 12 hours is definitely better than 6, it still is not enough time (sleeping on something is important and you are more likely to notice more or make better decisions)

Not sure why you're going back to these posts at the beginning of the thread now? 

FoS @ WheelofTime

[v] ## Leyrann [/v]

Let's hear an explanation Ley.  I generally don't take much stock in Freudian slips (I've never actually seen a legit one), but this one here is quite peculiar...I'm not sure how EP read it that way; I definitely wouldn't have taken it that way at first glance...

I did give a reasoning and you basically contradicted yourself in the same sentence... My whole comment about anything less than 24 hours benefitting mafia is a reason... And I went back to the beginning because it is day and in order to point things out and form opinions I went back to the beginning... Where else would I start gathering information? The middle? It is not reasonable...

Archived