DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

and sorry, I really dont remember playing with you, Rhea. But even if I did years ago it's equivalent to not playing with me at all because I used to play differently back then.

In any case, it's funny that there's more focus on the amount of quips i make rather than the content of my posts. Wasn't aware that I was playing to entertain the masses. I must have missed the memo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and sorry, I really dont remember playing with you, Rhea. But even if I did years ago it's equivalent to not playing with me at all because I used to play differently back then.

In any case, it's funny that there's more focus on the amount of quips i make rather than the content of my posts. Wasn't aware that I was playing to entertain the masses. I must have missed the memo.

Sorry I'll forward it to you. :wink:

I think I'm still trying to get used to all the new/not used to playstyles here, while also trying to cool down from that other crazy X game, so I'll be fully up and running in about a day or so.

@Tsuki - again you seem to be overly hostile toward Rand.

Sorry about the last bolded part *blush*.  I bolded the wrong line. 

Lol sry about that, got it.

From Rhea's massive summary: I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious.

I'm not the only one!! :P

So earlier you were musing if TownNyn makes less quips, claiming I do a lot more quips as ScumNyn. Now you're suddenly shifting to me not making enough quips as a bad indication? Can't eat the cake and keep it too, sweetie.

I like this point from Nyn.

I'm getting flailing vibes from Rand right now.

I guess I'm not seeing what you and Tsuki are seeing.  What reads as flailing to you?

Also @ Rhea, tis said that mafia like to summarize rather than give opinions.  What you did sounded like that, though you did have some opinions thrown in.  Also the "that's me!" thing next to your name is what I always feel tempted to do whenever I make a list (which I do a fair amount) with myself in it.  Small things, but I feel like it warrants a weak scum lean at this point,.

You've played with me before, this is what I do. 

Thank you, guys. I hope it goes well too. He's pretty freaked out! (So am I)

Mish I hope everything goes ok at the hospital for you today.

Ok....so here's my read through with thoughts

Night 0 pages 1-4

people checking in. the usual banter. Mynd is the first to cast a joke vote. no surprise there. Rand votes Mynd. nothing new. Tsuki sort of votes Mynd and Rand calls him out. Rand puts a FoS on Tsuki. Tsuki responds. Mynd FoS me for commenting "this should be interesting". Much more joking around. Nyn, Hallia, Dar, NotBob, Key, join in. Mynd asks Dawn if she's Mafia in this game. Answer is Maybeee. Discussing WWLD, I also approve. Everyone is checked in. Typical stuff for start of the game.

Day 1 
pages 5-6

Mynd immediately votes Mish as soon as it's Day1. No reasoning. Next post Rand votes Mynd "for real" with no reason. Dice asks why. Mynd answers "because". Though the question was for Rand. Who basically answers with META. Then states his real joke vote was on Day1 because his first joke vote on Night 0 didn't count cuz you can't vote at night. Mish votes Rand for pushing META. Rand says he's voting Mynd for the next 5 games minimum and Mish says she'll keep voting him for it. Dar agrees with Mish that Rand is using his votes on Mynd as a free pass. Rand still sees this as RVS. Mynd FoS at Dar for making her excuses early on for later scumminess. I can see this point, noted. Yet he keeps his vote on Mish though I don't see the reason has changed from "because" to anything substantial yet. Dar is confused on Mynd's "typical" play. Nyn speaks up on Mynd's behalf. Noted. Nyn guarantees that scum flying through the air at you will hurt.

pages 7-8

Nyn to Tsuki "Jokes aside..... it almost sounds like you know I'm not scum." Response from Tsuki "How can you fly through the air towards yourself?? O.o". That was the end of that. I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious. Dar pipes up with some WIFOM I don't understand regarding Rand and unforgivable curses. I'm not the only one who didn't get it. Dar's explanation later is an interesting twist for HP style mafia though really not withstanding to be considered. Then Dar bites on the "moral debate of unforgivable curses" set forth by Rand. And Nyn votes Dar for her gut instincts and the HP references and to apply pressure. Mynd is missing Mish here. Funny since his vote is on her. Dar thinks all the votes so far are random. Then tries to vote Em (Key). Tsuki posts an FoS gif on Dar. I approve. Dar finally get the code right and votes Em. NotBob votes Dar using Nyn's reasoning ans his. Nyn quotes Dar's post about the votes being random, says "news to me" and then Rand pipes up in Dar's defense? At least that's how it looks to me.

pages 9-10

more bouncy bunny talk. Then finally Em chimes in with some scumhunting WoT. Nothing there I disagree with. Rand and Nyn lean town/null on Em after that.

pages 11-12

Rand seems to be distancing from Nyn in post 201. Mish is back! Mish calls out Rand for prolonging RVS, Mynd for turning his joke vote into a real vote. Love this #203. Rand is Captain Obvious. But he doesn't get it and then he gets defensive about the RVS comment. Dice notes that Dar has become the ball, bouncing all over; that Rand's reason for the vote is weak, maybe too weak. Mynd is convinced Mish is scum. Nyn's post 212 is a bit discerning. Feels like defending and yet distancing Mish all in one. And post 214 was definitely harsh though I felt like that one was distancing from Rand as well. Then Dawn, out of no where, votes Dar for giving a "reason to be lazy and give out fake reads". Bam, vote #3! Rand says Dawn is being coached! Dice agrees and votes Dawn because she's being coached. Was Rand really joking? Dawn is offended? Mynd is reading Mish's posts as scummy. Mish implying that when Rand says "we" he was dictating the stage of the whole game seems forced. Though I can't fault her reasoning with Mynd's vote and his non-reason.

pages 13-15

Mynd-Mish exchange: WIFOM. That is all I see. The tennis ball goes back n forth. No one is winning. Ball is in Mish's court. NotBob makes me giggle! "I know its cheesy but I feel grate" love this! Rand was indeed joking about Dawn being coached. His reasoning back to Mish and to Mynd is sound for what I can tell. Hallia makes interesting reads. Nyn reiterated Rand's preference of a scummy Nyn over a townie Nyn seems a bit stretchy to me. Trying to seed a vote for later maybe? Not sure how to take that one. Plus Rand was trying to be funny and I got that when he posted it originally. Dice is suspicious of Dawn for meta reasons and maybe a team helping her and he's not sure what to think of Mish atm. I agree on both counts. Nyn is still defending Mish. Em's posts have been decent. Dar unvotes Em as her joke vote and will be back with her thoughts.

1. Mish - on the fence
2. Hally - null
3. Tsuki - leaning town
4. Dawn - on the fence
5. Rand - leaning town
6. Rhea - that's me!
7. AH - null
8. Dar - on the fence
9. Em - leaning town
10. Not Bob - null
11. Mynd - on the fence
12. Nyn - on the fence
13. Dice - leaning town

Could go with a Dar or Mish vote at this point. Will wait to see what else these two have to say before I cast my vote.

What is the difference between null and on the fence?

Null for me is that I have not seen enough posting from the person to have any kind of a read. On the fence is I have info but haven't made up my mind.

@Rhea  Why would I make a witty retort back at Tsuki? What I said to him was serious and he decided to answer with a joke. I already made my point known so..... why would you expect me to answer with a quip? Why would you expect much of anything, really? You don't really know me. We've hardly ever interacted. You've never played with me. At least Rand has some legs to stand on in referencing my quips levels.

I also think some of your interpretations are skewed. For instance that you keep saying that I've been defending Mish. Defending her implies that I have a town lean on her, which I stated I did not at this point of the game. I was merely pointing out that her AtE meta gets in the way a lot of times and it should be taken into consideration. My main objective is to hopefully avoid a mislynch and catch scum. So I have every intention of sharing past experience if I think it will help us achieve that goal. 

Reference post #125. If scum is flying through the air and Tsuki says "How can you fly through the air at yourself" someone like me might take that as Tsuki calling you scum. Which I would, after reading several pages of your witty quips and other banter, expect a retort of some kind. And Nyn, we have played together, though it was a long time ago. As for us not interacting. That may be true, though I have been on DM for 3 years and I do read.

As for my interpretation of your posts regarding Mish. You are contradicting yourself. You say you don't have a town lead on her yet you say you want to avoid a mislynch. Doesn't that imply that you think she is town? 

This reads extra defensive.  

I think I'm still trying to get used to all the new/not used to playstyles here, while also trying to cool down from that other crazy X game, so I'll be fully up and running in about a day or so.

Well, you can't always play with people whose meta you know, so deal with it :wink:

Also @ Rhea, tis said that mafia like to summarize rather than give opinions.  What you did sounded like that, though you did have some opinions thrown in.  Also the "that's me!" thing next to your name is what I always feel tempted to do whenever I make a list (which I do a fair amount) with myself in it.  Small things, but I feel like it warrants a weak scum lean at this point,.

Night 0 pages 1-4

people checking in. the usual banter. Mynd is the first to cast a joke vote. no surprise there. Rand votes Mynd. nothing new. Tsuki sort of votes Mynd and Rand calls him out. Rand puts a FoS on Tsuki. Tsuki responds. Mynd FoS me for commenting "this should be interesting". Much more joking around. Nyn, Hallia, Dar, NotBob, Key, join in. Mynd asks Dawn if she's Mafia in this game. Answer is Maybeee. Discussing WWLD, I also approve. Everyone is checked in. Typical stuff for start of the game.

Day 1 
pages 5-6

Mynd immediately votes Mish as soon as it's Day1. No reasoning. Next post Rand votes Mynd "for real" with no reason. Dice asks why. Mynd answers "because". Though the question was for Rand. Who basically answers with META. Then states his real joke vote was on Day1 because his first joke vote on Night 0 didn't count cuz you can't vote at night. Mish votes Rand for pushing META. Rand says he's voting Mynd for the next 5 games minimum and Mish says she'll keep voting him for it. Dar agrees with Mish that Rand is using his votes on Mynd as a free pass. Rand still sees this as RVS. Mynd FoS at Dar for making her excuses early on for later scumminess. I can see this point, noted. Yet he keeps his vote on Mish though I don't see the reason has changed from "because" to anything substantial yet. Dar is confused on Mynd's "typical" play. Nyn speaks up on Mynd's behalf. Noted. Nyn guarantees that scum flying through the air at you will hurt.

pages 7-8

Nyn to Tsuki "Jokes aside..... it almost sounds like you know I'm not scum." Response from Tsuki "How can you fly through the air towards yourself?? O.o". That was the end of that. I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious. Dar pipes up with some WIFOM I don't understand regarding Rand and unforgivable curses. I'm not the only one who didn't get it. Dar's explanation later is an interesting twist for HP style mafia though really not withstanding to be considered. Then Dar bites on the "moral debate of unforgivable curses" set forth by Rand. And Nyn votes Dar for her gut instincts and the HP references and to apply pressure. Mynd is missing Mish here. Funny since his vote is on her. Dar thinks all the votes so far are random. Then tries to vote Em (Key). Tsuki posts an FoS gif on Dar. I approve. Dar finally get the code right and votes Em. NotBob votes Dar using Nyn's reasoning ans his. Nyn quotes Dar's post about the votes being random, says "news to me" and then Rand pipes up in Dar's defense? At least that's how it looks to me.

pages 9-10

more bouncy bunny talk. Then finally Em chimes in with some scumhunting WoT. Nothing there I disagree with. Rand and Nyn lean town/null on Em after that.

pages 11-12

Rand seems to be distancing from Nyn in post 201. Mish is back! Mish calls out Rand for prolonging RVS, Mynd for turning his joke vote into a real vote. Love this #203. Rand is Captain Obvious. But he doesn't get it and then he gets defensive about the RVS comment. Dice notes that Dar has become the ball, bouncing all over; that Rand's reason for the vote is weak, maybe too weak. Mynd is convinced Mish is scum. Nyn's post 212 is a bit discerning. Feels like defending and yet distancing Mish all in one. And post 214 was definitely harsh though I felt like that one was distancing from Rand as well. Then Dawn, out of no where, votes Dar for giving a "reason to be lazy and give out fake reads". Bam, vote #3! Rand says Dawn is being coached! Dice agrees and votes Dawn because she's being coached. Was Rand really joking? Dawn is offended? Mynd is reading Mish's posts as scummy. Mish implying that when Rand says "we" he was dictating the stage of the whole game seems forced. Though I can't fault her reasoning with Mynd's vote and his non-reason.

pages 13-15

Mynd-Mish exchange: WIFOM. That is all I see. The tennis ball goes back n forth. No one is winning. Ball is in Mish's court. NotBob makes me giggle! "I know its cheesy but I feel grate" love this! Rand was indeed joking about Dawn being coached. His reasoning back to Mish and to Mynd is sound for what I can tell. Hallia makes interesting reads. Nyn reiterated Rand's preference of a scummy Nyn over a townie Nyn seems a bit stretchy to me. Trying to seed a vote for later maybe? Not sure how to take that one. Plus Rand was trying to be funny and I got that when he posted it originally. Dice is suspicious of Dawn for meta reasons and maybe a team helping her and he's not sure what to think of Mish atm. I agree on both counts. Nyn is still defending Mish. Em's posts have been decent. Dar unvotes Em as her joke vote and will be back with her thoughts.

1. Mish - on the fence

2. Hally - null

3. Tsuki - leaning town

4. Dawn - on the fence

5. Rand - leaning town

6. Rhea - that's me!

7. AH - null

8. Dar - on the fence

9. Em - leaning town

10. Not Bob - null

11. Mynd - on the fence

12. Nyn - on the fence

13. Dice - leaning town

Could go with a Dar or Mish vote at this point. Will wait to see what else these two have to say before I cast my vote.

Null for me is that I have not seen enough posting from the person to have any kind of a read. On the fence is I have info but haven't made up my mind.

@Rhea  Why would I make a witty retort back at Tsuki? What I said to him was serious and he decided to answer with a joke. I already made my point known so..... why would you expect me to answer with a quip? Why would you expect much of anything, really? You don't really know me. We've hardly ever interacted. You've never played with me. At least Rand has some legs to stand on in referencing my quips levels.

I also think some of your interpretations are skewed. For instance that you keep saying that I've been defending Mish. Defending her implies that I have a town lean on her, which I stated I did not at this point of the game. I was merely pointing out that her AtE meta gets in the way a lot of times and it should be taken into consideration. My main objective is to hopefully avoid a mislynch and catch scum. So I have every intention of sharing past experience if I think it will help us achieve that goal. 

Reference post #125. If scum is flying through the air and Tsuki says "How can you fly through the air at yourself" someone like me might take that as Tsuki calling you scum. Which I would, after reading several pages of your witty quips and other banter, expect a retort of some kind. And Nyn, we have played together, though it was a long time ago. As for us not interacting. That may be true, though I have been on DM for 3 years and I do read.

As for my interpretation of your posts regarding Mish. You are contradicting yourself. You say you don't have a town lead on her yet you say you want to avoid a mislynch. Doesn't that imply that you think she is town? 

This reads extra defensive.  

What is extra defensive? 

Key, your defense of Rand is noted. Please state why you think that I am misguided in my push against another player, early on day one, when it is appropriate to question everyone and everything. Thanks,

The Management

Do you mean what did I mean by that, or which parts of your post look like it to me?  

Both if you please. Because I was answering questions and tbh, one of them was rather hurtful, so i had to hold back quite a bit. 

Tsuki,

Not sure how questioning why others feel he is scummy is defending him, but hey, feel free to note.

It's worth pointing out and noting, in my opinion, that you seem to be going hard against him and that's it.  

Irony that you are asking me why I am questioning you when you just stated that it's "appropriate" to question everyone and everything on day one.

You seem pretty defensive with this post.

[v]Tsuki[/v]

Thanks,

Key.

Do you mean what did I mean by that, or which parts of your post look like it to me?

Both if you please. Because I was answering questions and tbh, one of them was rather hurtful, so i had to hold back quite a bit.

Sure thing.

Extra defensive = more defensive than I thought was warranted based on what I read.  

The bolded parts of the post below are what stood out to me. 

Night 0 pages 1-4

Day 1 

pages 5-6

pages 7-8

pages 9-10

pages 11-12

pages 13-15

1. Mish - on the fence

2. Hally - null

3. Tsuki - leaning town

4. Dawn - on the fence

5. Rand - leaning town

6. Rhea - that's me!

7. AH - null

8. Dar - on the fence

9. Em - leaning town

10. Not Bob - null

11. Mynd - on the fence

12. Nyn - on the fence

13. Dice - leaning town

Tsuki,

Not sure how questioning why others feel he is scummy is defending him, but hey, feel free to note.

It's worth pointing out and noting, in my opinion, that you seem to be going hard against him and that's it.  

Irony that you are asking me why I am questioning you when you just stated that it's "appropriate" to question everyone and everything on day one.

[v]Tsuki[/v]

Thanks,

Key.

Misuse of the word "Irony" is noted. Questioning me is fine, defending another player is not.

Nice OMGUS vote, BTW.

I have to go and will not be back on till after my husbands surgery, which will be well after the deadline so...

Vote: Dar

because of the early excuses for the later scumminess and for really just bouncing all over the board. 

Tsuki,

[v]Tsuki[/v]

Thanks,

Key.

Misuse of the word "Irony" is noted. Questioning me is fine, defending another player is not.

Nice OMGUS vote, BTW.

Incorrect statement of misusing irony, noted.  I helpfully bolded it for you, below. 

irony1 Syllabification: i·ro·ny
Pronunciation: /ˈīrənē, ˈiərnē 

/
NOUN (plural ironies)
1The expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:“Don’t go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony
1.1A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result:[WITH CLAUSE]: the irony is that I thought he could help me

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/irony

Show me the defense of Rand. 

What OMGUS vote?  You aren't voting me.  

It is an OMGUS vote because you didn't make it until I called you out for defending Rand.

Agree to disagree on Ironic - I wasn't calling you out for questioning me, I was calling you out for defending Rand. Your only beef with me is my "agresiveness" (sic) towards him. Why do YOU care if I am aggressive towards someone I think is scum, and therefore want to get reactions out of?? Only two reasons - You have a reason to think he is town, or you are his teammate. Which is it?

In my experience, OMGUS is when you vote someone for voting you.

Fine, agree to disagree on ironic, though I clearly stated in my post that you quoted that I was referring to you questioning me. Which would be ironic.

Moving on.

Where did I call you either 'agresive' or aggressive? Quote it please. I believe the term I have used was hostile, and in the quoted post, hard. I find it difficult to believe I would spell something that wrong and leave it.

My deal is that you haven't seemed to react to anything else, except to Rand. And you have appeared hostile toward him from the start, so yes, I am questioning why that is so.

Those are not the only reasons I would be interested. Three, I think your reactions are over the top, so I am going to pay attention to you and push you. It doesn't have anything to do with Rand except that he happens to be the recipient of your comments that I find unusally aggressive.

Once again, please show me the defense of Rand.

never said YOU misspelled it - I did :P

hostile and aggressive are synonyms. So shoot me.

An OMGUS vote does not need a vote beforehand. It is a vote made in response to either an accusation, a vote, or other aggressive behavior.

Calling ME out for my behaviour towards another player is a form of defense. Again, why do you care? Or do you think only scum is aggressive. As for me being "hostile" towards one player - ask around; I bulldog. (Although I would say that regardless of alignment, since meta is a horrible way to defend oneself.) 

Your circular logic is also noted.

I can see what people mean by Rand is flailing. His response dont work for me. they feel off.

Tsuki being aggressive/hostile is kinda normal to me. Gods know ive been on the other end of it. Once he grabs hold of something he doesnt really let it go. I can relate to that.

i still dont like the way Dawn sounds because its a BIG change but noone else seeing it so i will let it go for now.

unvote  vote Rand

Well, you can't always play with people whose meta you know, so deal with it :wink:

Lol I'm trying.

Key, your defense of Rand is noted. Please state why you think that I am misguided in my push against another player, early on day one, when it is appropriate to question everyone and everything. Thanks,

The Management

I honestly hate the "defense of x is noted" line.  Its an excellent way without any actual reasoning to show someone as scummy.  Townies often call someone scummy because they're being too agressive on someone, and it instantly gets correlated to defending the other person.  Key was specifically not defending me and FoSing you for being aggressive.

Secondly, just because its day one doesn't mean that you can give excuses for scummy behavior.  You can't just say "oh you're supposed to question people now" and then go gung ho (an exaggeration in this case, but it makes my point) on someone.

I have to go and will not be back on till after my husbands surgery, which will be well after the deadline so...

Vote: Dar

because of the early excuses for the later scumminess and for really just bouncing all over the board. 

4th vote?  This's getting serious.  Combined with the vote with the short explanation of what Dar has done, which has already been pointed out multiple times, this looks to me like mafia just trying to push on a probable lynch.

Tsuki,

[v]Tsuki[/v]

Thanks,

Key.

Nice OMGUS vote, BTW.

Lol, this is not an OMGUS vote.  And you do the whole thing where the first person doesn't have to vote someone for it to be an OMGUS.  Well with that logic, the second doesn't have to be a vote either, and the first post I quoted was actually the OMGUS.  Key called you out for being aggressive, and you went straight onto her for that.  Stop trying to twist this for your side.

It is an OMGUS vote because you didn't make it until I called you out for defending Rand.

Agree to disagree on Ironic - I wasn't calling you out for questioning me, I was calling you out for defending Rand. Your only beef with me is my "agresiveness" (sic) towards him. Why do YOU care if I am aggressive towards someone I think is scum, and therefore want to get reactions out of?? Only two reasons - You have a reason to think he is town, or you are his teammate. Which is it?

Look at above.  You "OMGUS"ed first.

I can see what people mean by Rand is flailing. His response dont work for me. they feel off.

Tsuki being aggressive/hostile is kinda normal to me. Gods know ive been on the other end of it. Once he grabs hold of something he doesnt really let it go. I can relate to that.

i still dont like the way Dawn sounds because its a BIG change but noone else seeing it so i will let it go for now.

unvote  vote Rand

Damn, he's gonna be going like this for days isn't he?  Another one of those, just agree with the consensus with a short explanation of what's obvious and push on a moving train.  FoS to both you and Rhea for this.

I think Rand is scum so [unvote]

[v] Rand [/v]

Wow this is growing fast, what L-x am I at right now?  I don't know if I'm starting to always townread Mynd, but this is too succinct to be inside his scum range as Tommy called it.  There's not even a short explanation here, just a vote pretty much.  Makes me wonder if he's trying to beat the grass here.

Archived