DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

Tsuki, yeah, Em is my RL name. I tend to use them interchangeably here, especially in the Blue Ajah (which Red is).

Tsuki's responses to Rand's sus about the vote tag (N0) look a bit on the hostile side.

Please explain.

Bolded in the spoiler:

[v[ Mynd [/v]

How DARE you hand out pictures I let you take of me that night...

What vote?? FoS on Rand for misrepresenting...

I can see joking here, so just including it to have the entire discussion.

First, did you honestly purposely mess up the code on Mynd's vote?

First, did you honestly purposely mess up the code on Mynd's vote?

I never vote in the first 24 hours of a game. Not even a joke. Lots of people have given me flack for it. But I suppose you didn't know that, huh (being as you just returned to Mafia, and all...)

Inside joke? Otherwise, looks hostile.

I see what could be insinuated - But, No, Rand has finally returned to mafia after a long hiatus. Intended as a joke, but I guess it could be seen as hostile.

lol sry homework.

K I honestly have a hard time believing that you purposely did the brackets wrong.

But as for the promised reveal

2. That was just a jab to see your reaction. Don't like the fact that you stuck to the messing up, doesn't seem legit.

3. Lol its night 0, votes don't mean anything. :tongue:

2. Do some research - I FIX my tags immediately if I intend to vote :P

3. Hmm... but yet you called me out for a suspected vote... computational error, please restate variables.

Rand, your "buddy across the board" tactic has been noted.

Explain?

He is going out of his way to avoid antagonizing ANYONE. The slightest poke, and he turns to kick it with someone else.

@ tsuki how does N0 affect your no vote in first 24hrs/phase policy? i mean if the phase finishes in under 24 hrs when the next starts are you then willing to vote?

Depends on how much substance shows in N0.

So no matter how much or how little happens, you don’t vote in the first 24 hours? The bolded part seems to contradict that.

Not sure what  you mean by the "bolded part contradicts that". UNLESS, if a voting phase ended in 24 hours (ie 12 hours to get a lynch) - if this is what you mean, then yes it makes me contradict myself, since I would then vote. As I have stated before, the main reason for my "No Vote for the first 24" policy is due to the slow pace of DM Mafia. Hell, it can take some people 24+ hours from game-start/start-of-day to even post!

Answers in Bold Blue, including one in the spoiler.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defensive, Much. All I said was that it was noted, not that I thought you were scummy for it...

Ik, I was just saying that its more of me as a person not alignment indicative.  How was that defensive?

Tsuki keep in mind that some of my going out of the way to not be hostile to anyone might be my personality as well, I tend to do that in RL.

Justification of behaviour - check. Mention of it being an alignment tell - NOT check 

Defensive, Much. All I said was that it was noted, not that I thought you were scummy for it...

Defense of Behaviour noted - check. Mention of alignment tell - NOT check

Ik, I was just saying that its more of me as a person not alignment indicative.  How was that defensive?

Saying it was you as a person - Check. Saying it was Not Alignment Indicative - NOT check (see above). Defensive - Even more so.

Got one. If that was how you play, you would have just said so and let it go, especially since you ignored it when I originally posted it. But because I answered it to Key, you suddenly think people will pay attention to it? Worried that I pointed out the behaviour to someone else?

Scum =[v] Rand [/v]

NOT Check - Never happened.

I never said it was alignment indicative. YOU never said it wasn't alignment indicative, until the third post, when you tried to say that you DID say it (which is a lie).

I mentioned alignment indicative because you said you didn't say it was scummy, when as you mentioned, I didn't say it was scummy either.  So when we go back to it, you were the first person to bring up scummy, even as a negative.

I feel like Tsuki's taken one line that I said, saying its scummy, and putting on some blinders and saying everything I do after that is scummy.

Et tu NotBob?  Same reasons as Tsuki or different?

I feel like Tsuki's taken one line that I said, saying its scummy, and putting on some blinders and saying everything I do after that is scummy.

Et tu NotBob?  Same reasons as Tsuki or different?

Just a hunch...

Ehh worked well for you last game, this one not so much.

Lol sry about that, got it.

From Rhea's massive summary: I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious.

I'm not the only one!! :P

So earlier you were musing if TownNyn makes less quips, claiming I do a lot more quips as ScumNyn. Now you're suddenly shifting to me not making enough quips as a bad indication? Can't eat the cake and keep it too, sweetie.

I can vote Nyn

Wouldn't be the first time someone breaks my heart  </3

Lol sry about that, got it.

From Rhea's massive summary: I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious.

I'm not the only one!! :P

So earlier you were musing if TownNyn makes less quips, claiming I do a lot more quips as ScumNyn. Now you're suddenly shifting to me not making enough quips as a bad indication? Can't eat the cake and keep it too, sweetie.

I can vote Nyn

Wouldn't be the first time someone breaks my heart  </3

Don't worry I'll only vote you when your scum.

@Rhea  Why would I make a witty retort back at Tsuki? What I said to him was serious and he decided to answer with a joke. I already made my point known so..... why would you expect me to answer with a quip? Why would you expect much of anything, really? You don't really know me. We've hardly ever interacted. You've never played with me. At least Rand has some legs to stand on in referencing my quips levels.

I also think some of your interpretations are skewed. For instance that you keep saying that I've been defending Mish. Defending her implies that I have a town lean on her, which I stated I did not at this point of the game. I was merely pointing out that her AtE meta gets in the way a lot of times and it should be taken into consideration. My main objective is to hopefully avoid a mislynch and catch scum. So I have every intention of sharing past experience if I think it will help us achieve that goal. 

Also @ Rhea, tis said that mafia like to summarize rather than give opinions.  What you did sounded like that, though you did have some opinions thrown in.  Also the "that's me!" thing next to your name is what I always feel tempted to do whenever I make a list (which I do a fair amount) with myself in it.  Small things, but I feel like it warrants a weak scum lean at this point,.

You've played with me before, this is what I do. 

Thank you, guys. I hope it goes well too. He's pretty freaked out! (So am I)

Mish I hope everything goes ok at the hospital for you today.

Ok....so here's my read through with thoughts

Night 0 pages 1-4

people checking in. the usual banter. Mynd is the first to cast a joke vote. no surprise there. Rand votes Mynd. nothing new. Tsuki sort of votes Mynd and Rand calls him out. Rand puts a FoS on Tsuki. Tsuki responds. Mynd FoS me for commenting "this should be interesting". Much more joking around. Nyn, Hallia, Dar, NotBob, Key, join in. Mynd asks Dawn if she's Mafia in this game. Answer is Maybeee. Discussing WWLD, I also approve. Everyone is checked in. Typical stuff for start of the game.

Day 1 
pages 5-6

Mynd immediately votes Mish as soon as it's Day1. No reasoning. Next post Rand votes Mynd "for real" with no reason. Dice asks why. Mynd answers "because". Though the question was for Rand. Who basically answers with META. Then states his real joke vote was on Day1 because his first joke vote on Night 0 didn't count cuz you can't vote at night. Mish votes Rand for pushing META. Rand says he's voting Mynd for the next 5 games minimum and Mish says she'll keep voting him for it. Dar agrees with Mish that Rand is using his votes on Mynd as a free pass. Rand still sees this as RVS. Mynd FoS at Dar for making her excuses early on for later scumminess. I can see this point, noted. Yet he keeps his vote on Mish though I don't see the reason has changed from "because" to anything substantial yet. Dar is confused on Mynd's "typical" play. Nyn speaks up on Mynd's behalf. Noted. Nyn guarantees that scum flying through the air at you will hurt.

pages 7-8

Nyn to Tsuki "Jokes aside..... it almost sounds like you know I'm not scum." Response from Tsuki "How can you fly through the air towards yourself?? O.o". That was the end of that. I figured there would be a witty quip from Nyn to retort this but there wasn't. Makes me suspicious. Dar pipes up with some WIFOM I don't understand regarding Rand and unforgivable curses. I'm not the only one who didn't get it. Dar's explanation later is an interesting twist for HP style mafia though really not withstanding to be considered. Then Dar bites on the "moral debate of unforgivable curses" set forth by Rand. And Nyn votes Dar for her gut instincts and the HP references and to apply pressure. Mynd is missing Mish here. Funny since his vote is on her. Dar thinks all the votes so far are random. Then tries to vote Em (Key). Tsuki posts an FoS gif on Dar. I approve. Dar finally get the code right and votes Em. NotBob votes Dar using Nyn's reasoning ans his. Nyn quotes Dar's post about the votes being random, says "news to me" and then Rand pipes up in Dar's defense? At least that's how it looks to me.

pages 9-10

more bouncy bunny talk. Then finally Em chimes in with some scumhunting WoT. Nothing there I disagree with. Rand and Nyn lean town/null on Em after that.

pages 11-12

Rand seems to be distancing from Nyn in post 201. Mish is back! Mish calls out Rand for prolonging RVS, Mynd for turning his joke vote into a real vote. Love this #203. Rand is Captain Obvious. But he doesn't get it and then he gets defensive about the RVS comment. Dice notes that Dar has become the ball, bouncing all over; that Rand's reason for the vote is weak, maybe too weak. Mynd is convinced Mish is scum. Nyn's post 212 is a bit discerning. Feels like defending and yet distancing Mish all in one. And post 214 was definitely harsh though I felt like that one was distancing from Rand as well. Then Dawn, out of no where, votes Dar for giving a "reason to be lazy and give out fake reads". Bam, vote #3! Rand says Dawn is being coached! Dice agrees and votes Dawn because she's being coached. Was Rand really joking? Dawn is offended? Mynd is reading Mish's posts as scummy. Mish implying that when Rand says "we" he was dictating the stage of the whole game seems forced. Though I can't fault her reasoning with Mynd's vote and his non-reason.

pages 13-15

Mynd-Mish exchange: WIFOM. That is all I see. The tennis ball goes back n forth. No one is winning. Ball is in Mish's court. NotBob makes me giggle! "I know its cheesy but I feel grate" love this! Rand was indeed joking about Dawn being coached. His reasoning back to Mish and to Mynd is sound for what I can tell. Hallia makes interesting reads. Nyn reiterated Rand's preference of a scummy Nyn over a townie Nyn seems a bit stretchy to me. Trying to seed a vote for later maybe? Not sure how to take that one. Plus Rand was trying to be funny and I got that when he posted it originally. Dice is suspicious of Dawn for meta reasons and maybe a team helping her and he's not sure what to think of Mish atm. I agree on both counts. Nyn is still defending Mish. Em's posts have been decent. Dar unvotes Em as her joke vote and will be back with her thoughts.

1. Mish - on the fence

2. Hally - null

3. Tsuki - leaning town

4. Dawn - on the fence

5. Rand - leaning town

6. Rhea - that's me!

7. AH - null

8. Dar - on the fence

9. Em - leaning town

10. Not Bob - null

11. Mynd - on the fence

12. Nyn - on the fence

13. Dice - leaning town

Could go with a Dar or Mish vote at this point. Will wait to see what else these two have to say before I cast my vote.

What is the difference between null and on the fence?

Null for me is that I have not seen enough posting from the person to have any kind of a read. On the fence is I have info but haven't made up my mind.

@Rhea  Why would I make a witty retort back at Tsuki? What I said to him was serious and he decided to answer with a joke. I already made my point known so..... why would you expect me to answer with a quip? Why would you expect much of anything, really? You don't really know me. We've hardly ever interacted. You've never played with me. At least Rand has some legs to stand on in referencing my quips levels.

I also think some of your interpretations are skewed. For instance that you keep saying that I've been defending Mish. Defending her implies that I have a town lean on her, which I stated I did not at this point of the game. I was merely pointing out that her AtE meta gets in the way a lot of times and it should be taken into consideration. My main objective is to hopefully avoid a mislynch and catch scum. So I have every intention of sharing past experience if I think it will help us achieve that goal. 

Reference post #125. If scum is flying through the air and Tsuki says "How can you fly through the air at yourself" someone like me might take that as Tsuki calling you scum. Which I would, after reading several pages of your witty quips and other banter, expect a retort of some kind. And Nyn, we have played together, though it was a long time ago. As for us not interacting. That may be true, though I have been on DM for 3 years and I do read.

As for my interpretation of your posts regarding Mish. You are contradicting yourself. You say you don't have a town lead on her yet you say you want to avoid a mislynch. Doesn't that imply that you think she is town? 

no it's not a contradiction., it implies that I dont want to risk a possible mislynch by catogarizing Mish's emo as scummy when past experience has more than proved that it's not. 

As for Tsuki, he mentioned scum flying at me by using accio as if he knew I wasnt scum. He decided to answer in jest instead of a legit answer. His reacton was noted and I moved on. 

This whole 'oh i expected quips' angle is bull crap. lol

Play better :P

Archived