DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

BFG's question and vote are for you pointing in the direction of who you might think the PR is - which generally isn't a good idea to do as town. Mafia reads the thread as well, so if they hadn't done their own hunting you are basically doing it for them. Not a good idea - Town PRs are prime NK targets, so we need to protect them. Looking back to see who you think it might be on your own is fine, as it limits your suspect pool, but posting it on thread wasn't a good idea.

Sorry, didn't even think of that... Would it even be worth my time then or should I just focus on finding clues to who scum team is?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figuring out who you think is Town is also important, but pointing fingers at potential PRs is a big no-no for future reference. If you stumble upon something you think is a hint or could point to a player having a certain role, keep it to yourself. This is good as either scum or town, since scum want to kill PRs for obvious reasons and as town it helps to shrink your list of suspects.

all townies must try to get rid of scum, and try to find the wolves hiding among the sheep.

Although i can see where AJ is going, his reasoning does make sense somewhat, i'm not really convinced that Dawn would be scum. I'll see what i can find on dawn, but for the moment, i feel more comfortable with my vote on Tsuki.

(i have time, i think, seeing i am sick at home with a heavy airway infection)

I think Tsuki is probably town. Don't really see scum sticking their necks out like they have early on with a player of his experience level. I think some of his questions/casings kind of go in circles, but I wouldn't call that a scummy trait necessarily - just more so a lack of experience and practice casing/getting your points across.

we have some time untill DL indeed. It'll be interesting to see what the other players will have to say.

Acticity, would be nice if it went up from all players (except the ones who can't stop posting in here :tongue:). New elements can clear any doubt, or confirm suspicions. But if i have nothing new to go after, i'd have to use old things that might not go with the current line of thinking for most people. Should've been a diffirent after N1, seeing what happened.

I have to admit that i read Basel wrong, but i wasn't the only one.... 2 townies being killed in one night, that's even worse.

After having read the previous pages (24 and 25 are quite interesting), my suspicions of one player have gone up. Higher than my previous vote.

unvote vote Nikon

fishing after PR's isn't the smartest thing to do in the public thread, it would only help mafia.

Why post on thread when mafia has a QT?

This. Outing the role is dumb... the only reason I can see scum outing a town PR like that is to make a newbdoc cover who they mention, thereby allowing them to

NK who they wish...

i think that even inexperienced players should know that discussing/talking about PR's openly in the thread would only help mafia. So it could be: 1) a really bad townmove or 2) a way to distract the doc to protect that player, and leave other players open for NK (like Tsuki mentioned)

I'm not avoiding Dawn, i've mentioned that i need to read more of her to form a better opinion. If i vote someone, i have to base it on my reads and feelings, not someone elses. She is coming up my radar for a few remarks... but i wish to look closer.

Or, totally random thought here, AJ and Tsuki are scum and want to start a train on Dawn...

..many options *nods*

This is very interesting.

If Dawn is lynched and flips scum, this vets Andrej. No way that is a bus move. Nikon's PR comment... Hrm. He is still new to Mafia but I do like AJ's comment that scum would have posted that on thread. Generally have a town lean on Nikon.

Right now scummier reads would have to be Dawn and Thane. I agree with AJ's reasoning on Tsuki. I also found it interesting so many people popped up and posted after I did. BFG I will get to answering your questions. I do remember my train of thought on those actions and will get to that.

Right now going with Vote Dawn

We're getting close to deadline and I think her lynch will be quite informative. And more importantly will be one mafia down.

Learned a valuable lesson from Yates regarding the Vig kill; if our lynch today flips town, you lynch from the people on their train.  If they flip scum you pick off of it.   It basically puts scum in a bad place, and I think is a brilliant move.

the only downside to that reasoning would be that, for D1, in the worst case, you would kill 5 town before you reach scum (if there are 4). Plus, i doubt scum would all go on one single train, wouldn't make sense (if they play well).

we're focussing too much on the D1 train and not on what happened after.

(for Ithi: good luck with your son, i hope he'll be ok soon)

Here is Thane´s vote - RTE´s fourth vote in a short time. 

VOTE RTE

here, have another one to add to the prize :tongue:

I vote him for it. 

RTE has four votes already? 

Vote Thane

Why are your bandwagoning already? 

He jokes and ask why I defend RTE. I didn´t defend him. 

to give him a bigger prize ofcourse :wink:

we're still far from a lynch *nods*

and, why are you already definding him? :huh:

And just two hours later he makes a u-turn and attacks Dawn, who voted before him. If he was interested in her vote earlier, why did he vote RTE himself without pointing out her vote then? It looks like he got nerveous and attacked someone else to direct focus from himself.

unvote RTE vote Dawn

i was jokevoting, what were you doing?

Basel: Thane is indeed less experienced than Dawn.

Now, Tina is voting Thane because of his votes against RTE, saying "he's bandwagoning already". Now at that point, Thane's vote could have been a joke vote or a newbie mistake (same as what Basel thought about Dawn's vote). Also Tina didn't say anything about Dawn's vote. Why was this one better than Thane's?

Tina, can u give some explanations about this?

Thane, your switching vote looks bad as it comes right after Tina"s critic about your RTE vote.

Nikon, your posts make u look a bit jumpy (and the Day 1 I witnessed were also filled of jokes :winks:)

Hallia, seeing you have been in this thread for a while: what are your reads?

unvote ; vote Tina

So you think Thane´s switching looks bad but you still choose to vote me because I chose him instead of Dawn? And why should I assume that his vote was a joke or a newbie mistake? This post doesn´t seem logic at all. 

These two posts form Tina put her (and by extension Ithi) firmly town. This is questioning Tina that is not afraid of what her actions look like to others. She is looking for answers to solve the game. There were people that but her actions here as anti-town. I will take another more in depth look at those players as I read. 

I'm sorry. My son is still quite ill. I've asked to be replaced.

I hope you all have a good game.

I'm sorry to hear that Ithi, I hope he gets better soon!

Archived