DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despo didn't read or didn't pay attention to the twilight talk and votes. 

Also how does RTE being 3rd party make Cloud more likely mafia? Cloud has done a lot on his own to make me think he is mafia but I am having a bit of trouble seeing how

1.) Cloud would know that RTE was 3rd party and

2.) how he could actually link anyone to a 3rd party player.

I like rhyming Wombat. 

Good night all. Hopefully there will be a VC before I wake in the morning.

I wasn't implying that Cloud knew RTE was third party... in fact the fact that RTE flipped third party instead of town doesn't make much difference in this case.

The point was that RTE did NOT flip mafia. And yet Cloud seemed so sure of it, so sure that he started linking people to RTE to try and set up a lynch on them.

This was already extremely questionable before. RTE flipping not-mafia just helps to support this concept.

I read all the twilight votes and posts. Is there something specific you'd like to point out? Something which suddenly made you change your mind about Cloud?

You just talk too much! I have 56 pages to read. :( I guess I will have to do some skimming. I had hoped that getting a coroners report would help but this one really doesn´t. Both mafia and town could have pushed his lynch. I see that some are more suspicious of Cloud because of his involvement. I will keep that in mind as I read. 

Des and Tommy reminds me of an old game that I read when I started to play mafia. It was a Last airbender mafia. I think Kivam was the mod. Two people shared Suko´s role. One was Suko´s bad side and one was his good side. They could post every other day. (Everyone played with a mafia alt.) Suko´s good side shared a QT with Iroh and Suko´s bad side shared a QT with the mafia. Their win condition was different but both wanted to stay alive so they couldn´t disagree with each other too much. Turin mentioned Jekyl and Hyde. 

Before I start my re-read I will just say what my thoughts have been so far. They will probably change some during my re-read.

Town reads: Des, Dap, Wom, Csarmi, Ithi

Mafia reads:

AJ - mostly for going after people I think are town.

Amega - good that Dap killed him.

Turin - like others have said, he was just too much Turin. :D The way he went after Des in the beginning, the way he buddied Ithi... 

Don´t remember much about anyone else. I often mix up Cloud/RTE/Lenlo/TG so I´m not sure who has done what. (I also often mix up Pral/Kronos for some reason and sometimes Hally/Via.)

Thoughts after skimming D1:

I have no notes about Lenlo, Rag, Ley/Dap, and only a single vote from TG. Dap hadn´t entered yet so him being quiet is understandable.

I´m back and forth on Turin. It´s very hard to read Tom. He is just skating along and vote where he wants to (sometimes where Des don´t want to?). 

Town read on Des, Wombat, Ithi, Csarmi.

Scum read on AJ. 

I didn´t think Cloud going after Des was very scummy. 

Mish - null, maybe town

Some of my reads might be coloured by the fact that I believe that Amega was mafia.

Dice said that he was third party. I don´t know if he was telling the truth or not. Seeing RTE turn up third party I really hope that there is a mafia and not just third party anti town. That + few coroners will make this game very hard to solve. 

I see that there was some discussion about that.

I´m on page 81 now. Haven´t skimmed this much in any other game. 

I liked Turin better on d2. I like his vote on AJ especially. 

Tom - you said that AJ was town and that you followed him because you hadn´t caught up. Why is AJ town? I don´t see it.

TG - very absent. Only posted a vote and some fluff.

Rag - will he be replaced?

Des - in #1307 you say that you won´t vote AJ, Mish, Amega or Rag. I understand Mish, but why the other?

Now I see why people have a mafia read on Cloud. First he switch from saying Des is mafia to him being town and Turin being mafia. Then he defends RTE just to turn around and vote him. 

I never understand hints. What is it that Wombat understood? 

Darthe said (in the sign up thread?) that if it goes too good for one side then he would change stuff so it evens out. I´m not sure that this is something to discuss or not. My role has not changed so I´m thinking it might not go so well for town? Ehm... just some random thoughts. Probably has nothing to do with anything. Just wanted to say it anyway. 

10 more pages to go.

Dude, we have never played a game together where I was scum and neither am I scum in this one. You have no idea what my scum play looks like.

Does scum only mean mafia to you Cloud?

No, when I say scum I'm actually talking about all non-town alligned players. When I specifically say mafia then I’m just talking about the mafia team. I didn’t include me being the Survivor in the Christmas game because I was trying to win with the town since the start of the game.

From cloud

Why do you think a coroner report is what is required for mafia to need to bus eachother. Mafia can bus without a coroner.

Also the worst part of this is if we never get a coroner it implies there was never any bussing. It's a nudge at not analysing trains

Yes of course mafia’s can bus each other with or without coroner report’s, but if we gain no proof that the bussing took place then it might as well not have happened.

Aren't we supposed to ##vote Lenlo today? Plans and plans.

I could roll with that.

##vote Len

##vote Lenlo

We should def lynch Cloud today yall. We finally got a flip on someone, and RTE flipping third party gives even more evidence to support Cloud being scum.

Cloud acted super confident that RTE was scum, and immediately started trying to use that to implicate other people in the game. Even tho there was no flip and altho RTE acted scummy and didn't defend himself well, there was still no surefire indication that he was mafia. Yet Cloud was happy to start linking people to him.

This is easily the scummiest thing in the game so far. Not to mention the LOADS of whyme fryme he has engaged in this game.

RTE still flipped as scum did he not?

We should def lynch Cloud today yall. We finally got a flip on someone, and RTE flipping third party gives even more evidence to support Cloud being scum.

Cloud acted super confident that RTE was scum, and immediately started trying to use that to implicate other people in the game. Even tho there was no flip and altho RTE acted scummy and didn't defend himself well, there was still no surefire indication that he was mafia. Yet Cloud was happy to start linking people to him.

This is easily the scummiest thing in the game so far. Not to mention the LOADS of whyme fryme he has engaged in this game.

Des beat me to is. Cloud was trying to get me for bussing RTE and whos coroner do we just happen to get today, first one so far, but RTEs who also flips third party.

##Vote Cloud

Third party players are also able to form teams through recruitment so your argument that only the mafia are able to bus each other is false.

OH! Almost forgot what the ACTUAL scummiest thing in the game so far is.

It's def Cloud trying to ask a reviver to revive Dice.

First of all, it could be tmi as he seemed more confident than anyone that someone would get revived. Hrmmmm Necromancer type thing again mebbe?

Second, I said before it sort of confirms that Dice was mafia as well... well maybe not. Cloud as scum would want Dice revived whether he was town, third party, or mafia, as Dice would bring loads of wifom and distraction with him. I still think if Dice is revived we should insta-lynch him, but if he stays dead he could have been telling the truth. Only way this really matters tho is if coroner doesn't start confirming more flips or something.

1. I wasn’t the first person to bring up the recruitment thing. That would be you guys who were around when Dice claimed that he could come back as town after he died. Ithi then used this to fake claim being revived and only then did I come forward with the argument that we should start reviving players to keep our numbers up and gain more information.

2. “If he stays dead he could have been telling the truth” What? Dice claimed that he would come back as town if he were to get revived and you want to insta-lynch him without looking at his play first? That’s a terrible idea and it will only play us in the hands of the mafia.

2. Des - Town

2.5. Tom - Town with Des. Reason: I think ited be stupid for a scum or anyone not town to be so open about being a hyrda so early with two such high profile peeps. Granted you could just be that good but I dont think youd try it.

3. TG - Dont know. Null atm.

6. Cloud - Scum. Already said.

7. Turin - Town lean. Hes act ing how I expect him to with Ithi in the game.

8. Mish - Null

10. Lenlo - ME! :D

11. TinaHel -Scum Lean. i havnt seen her do anything that stands out either scummy or towny which is bad in and of itself. Could be trying to stay a nice middle line of not standing out to much.

13. AJ - Town. Reasons I dun wanna share atm.

15. Salami - Im not sure. This isnt how I remember him acting all the other times hes been town. His posts though, aside from admitting that he doesnt know whats going on at times, dont seem to bad.

16. Rag - No idea. Hes not even in the game atm.

19. Wombat - Scum lean. Im not liking his recent trend to rhyme. It doesnt look like srs womby and srs womby is a town womby.

This list of reads is just terrible. Des and Tom weren’t open at all about being a hydra so early which can be clearly seen as how they were dodging all my questions despite Tom appearing as slot 2.5 in the OP.

Your town read on Turin is also bad. Turin buddies up to Ithi in every single game they plan in together despite their respective alignments. You know this and yet you are using this argument to clear him as town.

You have a scum read on Tina because you haven’t seen her do anything that stands out as either scummy or townie, but why do you then have null reads on TG and Mish? Didn’t they also do anything that stands out for you?

You have a town read on AJ but you don’t want to explain why :rolleyes:

Salami is straight up on his town meta and his posts content wise have been pretty bad this game. Your have a town read on him for all the wrong reasons.

And finally you have a scum read on Wombat because he has started rhyming?

You never like my lists. I dont like making lists.

I lied it's perfect

You have just lost all the bits of credibility you had left in this game. Congratulations.

To answer your first point- I think Cloud was both trying to keep wifom going about RTE's alignment (acting like he was definite scum even if he wasn't) and more importantly was trying to look like he was scumhunting. By acting like RTE's flip could then lead to other people, he could look like he was being active even tho he wasn't actually using anything reliable to scumhunt with. Then later he could try and play up the derptown angle instead of being scum fake scumhunting.

1. RTE did flip as scum, namely third party.

2. Your assumption that I haven't used anything reliable to scumhunt with is false.

As for the second... you're essentially claiming confirmation bias here? Obviously I highly doubt Cloud would have gotten the same or even similar role from Darthe as the one he got in the Machine of Souls, but that doesn't change the fact that Cloud assumed before anyone that there was DEFINITELY a revive mechanic, and this clearly brings up the possibility that he knows more than the rest of town.

3. Are you bringing up this misinformation on purpose or have you just been skimming? I wasn’t the first one to bring up the revive mechanics in the game because I wasn’t even around the time that Dice’s lynch happened. Ithi also claimed to have gotten revived before I came up with my theory regarding the revivals.

Cloud you seem to policy vote Len (or follow the others anyway), then go at length talking about others and mention Len's read list as horrible.

How does that work? Why are you voting Len?

The same reason I voted for RTE.

Just got to the death scene. Have we ever discussed why Hally and X seemed to have been killed with the same knife? Is it a role that double a kill, or?

Maybe they were lovers.

The night 2 scene is strange too.

I hate it when the mod wifoms us with possible information in scenes. But then again no one forced me to join.

Archived