DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

How experienced is Tina?  Can anyone give me a meta on her?

Someone?

I can't really comment. I've played with her a few times but have only seen her as Town. I'd say she's fairly aggressive and asks a lot of questions.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basel is tunnelling, he did it in the last game and it got him lynched day one, he was town, he said he was watching AJ, then when called out on it and pushed more that way overreacting, again how he plays. So for me it doesn't say he is mafia and until more happens, I will stay there. 

AJ/Womby, out of the two I prefer Wombat as Mafia, although I still think it looked like they were working together, and Womby is not happy for a AJ/Basel lynch, and AJ pushing for Basel, it looks almost engineered. But if not then I prefer Womby over AJ at present. 

Aida and rags...they need to get a hot tub together ;-)

Arez - disappointed you didn't come back for more...lol

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

Overall a lot of fluff, I could make a pillow out of it.

Aida, here words can kill you, literally. People usually think genuinnly nice = scum

AJ, Womby, more fluff but better structure, maybe even too well structured interaction.

Talya, why Womby, if you believe both AJ and Womby both are scum and AJ already had a good train building?

People should be more active. Do we need an ice-breaker or something?

:laugh:

I think Talya gave an explanation on why she suspects AJ and Wombat (even though I don´t see the connection) but, as you say, she doesn´t explain why she rather vote Wombat. 

Leyrann, such blasphemy will not be tolerated!! HERETICS ARE GANKED TO OBLIVION!

Vote Tina because she's always Swedish and I need to keep up appearances to the common public, we're totally not teammates because of nationallity.

I´m guilty of being Swedish, yes. :) The wording "keep up appearances" doesn´t sound good. Are you mafia hoping to take me down with you when you die? 

Vote: Andrej

Attempting to defuse pressure on Aidanna by playing the newbie card for her.  That's scum behavior for sure.  I'm more inclined to think buddying than protection, but either way, AJ needs to go.

Worthy of a vote indeed. 

Vote AJ

Looking for a reason to jump on an easy wagon Basel?

Why would your wagon be any easier to jump on than others? 

Leyrann, such blasphemy will not be tolerated!! HERETICS ARE GANKED TO OBLIVION!

Vote Tina because she's always Swedish and I need to keep up appearances to the common public, we're totally not teammates because of nationallity.

I´m guilty of being Swedish, yes. :) The wording "keep up appearances" doesn´t sound good. Are you mafia hoping to take me down with you when you die? 

See, THIS is why you need to get lynched first! Your far to smart for my liking.

Thanks for the compliment. I think...  :unsure:

Morning all.

Hahaha - its still just all kinda funny Rag. 

I am nothing if not entertaining!

Mod speak: Time is the mod of this game, so her rules apply. However, I´m the mod of this group and I want to say right away that even though this is a mafia game, everyone still need to follow the CoC. Just to make it clear before anything happens. Thanks. 

I feel like this is directed more over here than anywhere else...why could that possibly be...lol

Greetings all! I'll be as active as I can be from SC this week! Was that a ! Talya? :laugh:

Where in SC?

Enjoy my fluff.

lol No, not directed at you. 

Why would your wagon be any easier to jump on than others? 

Because he's been uberscummy?

I doubt that that is what he meant. lol 

Basel is playing very Basily.  :wacko: I can´t remember last time he was scum but this is normal town play for him. 

I'll follow Ley's lead, Unvote

But rest assured Tina, if I need to avoid suspicion, I'll vote you again.

Good luck! :biggrin:

*small facepalm...* Unvote, vote AJ. You get some pretty weird looks when you suddenly realize at work that you never unvoted in mafia and you proceed to let loose with a string of fictional curses. Especially when you aren't among fans of whatever universe you're swearing from.

I wish I could have seen it. lol

Why is everyone so quiet?

Rum and hot tub was my excuse. Still rum. Out of hot tub.

Oh. I wish I had a hot tub. Jealous.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Always? This is your first game so always is a strange thing to say. I´m watching you.

(Still, it´s great that you are so active.)

1.  I hate searching for people's quotes here.

2.  I see literally no aggression here.

3.  I see no reads, thoughts, leans, anything trying to solve the game.

This looks like scum trying to skate through D1.

unlynch if I was still on someone lynch TinaHel

Dap: where has Dap been? He actually has less posts than Snow does.

Tina: caught stuff regarding AJ that I missed when she wondered why he thinks his wagon would be easier than anyone else's. It didn't come off as scripted to me, so I'll call her town.

Bella: nothing at all since her check-in.

Ley: seems to be learning from past games and hasn't done anything remarkably scummy yet. Town? I can't believe I am saying this about Ley.

Goldy: possible scum, he seems to be buddying up to the new player slightly here... mild scum read:

I like this more aggressive Theo. Get a couple games under your belt and she starts pushing people!

Womby: In all honesty, Womby is one player more than any other that I consistently have trouble getting a read on in mafia. Which is a compliment to his skill at the game. I suppose I will have to watch him carefully.

Des: four posts. Normally more active than this. Says he will catch up in an hour or so... 14.5 hours ago. You still here, Des?

Fair enough, but Theo and Aid are the only people I know and talk to here outside of playing a game with a few people here. We all joined around the same time and post in the same threads in the wt. I notice you didn't bother to identify more established players saying hi to each other. I understand you're scumhunting though, so it doesn't change my read on you. Still, it's not that hard to figure out.

I dunno if it's just because there are several newer players to DM (4 by my count), but theres a bunch of buddying and general non-game related comments being made. 

Can we get a VC Wheel? I usually consider voting habits before re-reading and I'm not sure what it is now with all this unvoting.

I dunno if it's just because there are several newer players to DM (4 by my count), but theres a bunch of buddying and general non-game related comments being made. 

Can we get a VC Wheel? I usually consider voting habits before re-reading and I'm not sure what it is now with all this unvoting.

It's early and no alignments are known.  I'm sure you'll manage somehow.

Unless you're scum looking for an excuse not to give actual thoughts.

Im working a heap. Plus after my last drunk post ive been avoiding unsober posts in games for a while

That's a shame, I need some amusement..

Tina is experienced, I can't read her that well, whenever I have thought she is mafia, she turns out town. As for the aggressive bit, I think she tends to do that as the game goes on. 

@ Womby, I think I said before it was mostly a gut reaction to the posts and tone of the posts that went between you, it was almost like you were trying to be casual about it and not to do it in such a dramatic way as has been done before. 

Im working a heap. Plus after my last drunk post ive been avoiding unsober posts in games for a while

That's a shame, I need some amusement..

Tina is experienced, I can't read her that well, whenever I have thought she is mafia, she turns out town. As for the aggressive bit, I think she tends to do that as the game goes on. 

@ Womby, I think I said before it was mostly a gut reaction to the posts and tone of the posts that went between you, it was almost like you were trying to be casual about it and not to do it in such a dramatic way as has been done before. 

Any thoughts as to my comments/vote for Tina?

Good morning. 

Rag - I have played for two and a half years. The peak of my career was my second game. lol  

I´d love to hear more people tell about my meta.  I would say that I have been a bit quieter as mafia than town before. But mostly my activity depends on how I´m feeling. I´m sick a lot. Many here haven´t seen me as mafia since I was town in all games for almost a year. I think I have been mafia three times this year. 

I will re-read the last pages and see if I find anything worth commenting on. 

I've got a town vibe from Basel, Tal, Arez and Wombat.  It's early though.  I don't know a lot of people here yet well enough to have a feeling one way or the other.

Two things that stood out.

LOL haha

Now I feel bad...

unvote Rag

Scummy as hell unvote from a jokevote.

unvote vote Aidanna.

If Aidanna were a regular that'd played in a lot of games, I could see how her jumping off so fast would be suspicious.  I can recall my early games, and I was just as quick to jump off of people.

Vote: Andrej

Attempting to defuse pressure on Aidanna by playing the newbie card for her.  That's scum behavior for sure.  I'm more inclined to think buddying than protection, but either way, AJ needs to go.

Wombat makes a good point here.  

This is sort of contradictory, no?

Not really. First she says that it´s a newbie behaviour to unvote quick but then she agrees with Wombat that you were trying to buddy Aida. 

ahh...you said it right under the quote, and about the AJ/Womby thing. You didn't say anything about the game at all...you seem a bit defensive about it

I haven't said anything about his meta, you are now putting words in my mouth, or that was enough for me to vote him. Considering how many other people have voted and you pick on one, and it was very defensive of Womby. Now the question is, defending a team mate or trying to bus to someone you know is town and the only way you would know he is town, would be if you were mafia?

This post is not the only strange post from Talya. Theo questions her vote on Wombat and then Talya just turn it back on her and connect her with Wombat. I still don´t get why she voted for Wombat and not for AJ. I also don´t see the connection between Wombat and AJ. 

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

You posted that at 4 AM european time, so don't be surprised it got a bit more quiet. Me, Talya, Tina and possibly some others are from Europe. And I believe Dap is even from New Zealand, if I'm not mistaken.

Oddly? Why is it odd to be genuinely nice? I think more people should be genuinely nice. And I was trying to ignore my "be nice" feelings to write that. I didn't even think I was being real nice there!

I'm starting to think people might be inclined to always think I'm scum because I'm nice... to be honest - I was hoping to get a scum role, just for the fun of it being my first game and all, but nope. 

Believe me if I tell you everyone always thinks of everyone to be scum. Sometimes when people make their reads I almost feel like they think there are 12 town and 4 scum, or however many scum there are actually supposed to be in a game of such size... 3 or 4, if I remember correctly. Maybe 5.

Basel is tunnelling, he did it in the last game and it got him lynched day one, he was town, he said he was watching AJ, then when called out on it and pushed more that way overreacting, again how he plays. So for me it doesn't say he is mafia and until more happens, I will stay there. 

AJ/Womby, out of the two I prefer Wombat as Mafia, although I still think it looked like they were working together, and Womby is not happy for a AJ/Basel lynch, and AJ pushing for Basel, it looks almost engineered. But if not then I prefer Womby over AJ at present. 

Aida and rags...they need to get a hot tub together ;-)

Arez - disappointed you didn't come back for more...lol

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBY

Aida, here words can kill you, literally. People usually think genuinnly nice = scum

AJ, Womby, more fluff but better structure, maybe even too well structured interaction.

Talya, why Womby, if you believe both AJ and Womby both are scum and AJ already had a good train building?

I'd say the Wombat vote would be better than the AJ vote, and not only for her explanation just above, because getting a large train, possibly with a reveal or too fast lynch is never a good idea on day one. It's always best to only get on one defenite train 24-12 hours before the deadline, to give the most time to scumhunt. And trains DO put pressure on people.

No. You know that this place can be very slow sometime. Running someone up 12 hours before deadline and then that person claims a PR then we only get a quick lynch on someone else or a random lynch. 

I just have to say that your perceptions of me are pretty laughable - it's my very first game. How am I supposed to learn if I don't talk about it. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyway? Talk about scum-vibes and try to find who is the mafia? I am confused how to do this without talking about perceived scumminess and what I think of other players. I know only one player's affiliation for certain - and that's mine because I am town. This post from you Wombat makes me totally get a scum feel for you. So thank you for that post :smile:

Vote Wombat

OMGUS. We usually give first time players a day 1 pass but I will certainly keep an eye on you, Aida. It does look like you are more interested in defending yourself and think about how you look than searching for mafia. Since AJ defended you I´m still keeping an eye on him too. 

Oh, and unvote vote John Snow

I still think he went sort of hard on Aida's back and forth with Rag. I didn't see anything 'scummy as hell' about the vote and unvote.

Many could have done the same as Snow and people could have follow him if it had been an experienced player. It was early day 1 after all. Snow didn´t know this is Aida´s first game. 

I tginl a vote on snow makes eqial trains right

vote snow

I don´t understand this vote. 

Okay first of all Unvote. After looking at Basel's reactions more I'm thinking he might be town, and more importantly the way I saw Aidanna nudging his train with AJ earlier... I didn't like that at all. I'll get to that in a bit.

Decided to spoiler this, but again, skim past my wot's at your own peril! 

Andrej is always scum though.  it's only my second game and I've already figured that out.

This is just one example of a lot of fluff posts from Rags throughout the game, but I picked this one because it's the best example of what I was kinda referring to- it makes me feel like he wants to be part of the "crew", act like he's "in" on things, and it just feels fake to me. Also, not to talk about other games here, but AJ hasn't been confirmed as scum in any other games Rags has played in yet, so... anyways.

Looking for a reason to jump on an easy wagon Basel?

This stood out on reread- it's a wildly different response than what he gives to Wombat's vote. Wombat votes him, and AJ responds sarcastically, then Basel nudges him, and AJ gets all confrontational. I dunno, felt like mentioning it.

nice little bandwagon on Arez going there, we need another one, someone do something scummy please, okay no one.

lets get another train going

UNVOTE 

VOTE AREZ

Your fishing thing was guessed how ever, you didn't even have the decency to explain to the newbies here, making them feel excluded.

Reactions now please

I edited out some of the fluff, but yeahhh this was a bad post. Arez already pointed out, voting and implying that it is for reactions isn't very good, and her reasoning for her vote is... ? And I don't remember a bandwagon forming on Arez at all, altho it could be she said the wrong name accidentally. The jokey line about scum doing something scummy at the beginning is also really bad.

I'm not claiming that I'm a "good" mafia player or snything. But openly stating that you're starting a train because of reactions is in itself flawed. I'll let you think on that for a moment, don't really feel the need to explain it.

I never said you were claiming anything of the sort, you aren't however a newb, but it is interesting that you should come back with that.  

Considering Aida had just gone about this being her first game, I see this as grasping at cheese straws, in fact I see the interaction between womby and AJ as more of working as a team here. But that's just a gut feeling on looking back over their interaction. 

Sorry, quote got messed up a bit in editing. The quote box within Talya's is Arez's response to her vote.

To her response to his: Def don't like her throwing out the "interesting" buzzword. Makes it seem like she thinks she's onto something... but his response didn't seem telling at all really. Wasn't defensive, wasn't unusual in any way really. I get the feeling Talya would have said it was "interesting" no matter what he had said.

Rum is very good.

You tried that new Don Q stuff Rag? I saw a commercial for it the other day.

Aida - what's your take so far?

My take on everyone here - I don't have too much more than what I posted earlier. Everyone getting quiet makes me wonder. There are a few people I haven't seen play before, so it's harder to get a read on them. 

I would like to see more action on here because I don't think it's going to be easy to get a read on people without more talking. I don't want to keep mentioning being new, but I am, and that's the only way I'm going to learn how to scum hunt. 

You guys?

Basel is scum.

Womby is probably Town.

Des too.

Rag likes long soaks in a hottub with his bottle of rum.

So other than Rag, why do you think?  Because frankly I agree with Rag  - hot tubs and drinks go well with each other. I haven't seen a game with Basel yet, so do you have a specific reason, or was it just his reaction to your train earlier?

I didn't like this sequence of posts at all. AJ asks Aidanna for some reads, and she quibbles around a bit but never actually gives ONE read. And instead of AJ calling her out for this, he just lists a few of his "reads".

More importantly, Aidanna here makes it seem like there's not really that much going against Basel- "JUST his reaction to your train earlier?"

But in the next post...

My specific reason is that exactly.

Yeah - that was a little scummy to me too. 

She agrees with AJ that it was scummy to her. Nudging Basel's train, especially in the manner she did, is extremely sketchy to me.

So I don't know what to make of these most recent posts - I am inclined to believe that AJ was still being sarcastic and joking at the beginning, which wouldn't necessarily mean scum. I'm still not sure though. 

Basel seems extremely bent on getting AJ out. And then I did mention that he seemed a little scummy, just by how the whole AJ/Wombat possible jokes were playing out. He responded to AJ, ignored me, never talked about why he might not be scummy, and really seemed to still just push the AJ is scum line. I mean, I left for a short period of time and came back and it was just about an argument in the making, with him rage-quitting to go to bed... Makes me start to think even more scummy...

Anyone else?

I just have no reads on anyone else yet. 

So at this point I am only inclined to vote Basel, but I want to wait a bit and see where everyone else is and what I think of other people.

This was prob the scummiest post of Aidanna's so far tho. She tries to make a big deal out of Basel "ignoring" her, but she didn't address Basel specifically, or bring anything new against him or anything. All she did was ask AJ what he had on Basel, agree that his reaction to the train on AJ was scummy, and that's it. Didn't question Basel, nothing. So why would she make it seem incriminating that Basel hadn't responded to her, when there wasn't really anything to respond to?

Not to mention she tries and makes it seem like there was a long period of bickering or something between AJ and Basel during this time... when there clearly wasn't. And Basel didn't seem like he ducked out at all, and even if he did, Aidanna didn't even give him much time to come back with a response.

Then she finishes it off by saying she might vote Basel, but wants to wait and see "where everyone else is", ie whether or not others will jump on the Basel train as well so she can jump on it later without standing out.

I like this post of Theo's. Town read on her so far (finally, right Theo? :tongue:)

On this whole Basel AJ mess I think Basel reads as more town than AJ

However I don't think either are particaluarly scummy

I'll try do a better read tomorrow and sort it all out though

This post gives me a town read on Dap. One of his towntells is not being afraid to run against the grain, and his mentioning that neither Basel or AJ seems that scummy would be an example of this.

I've got a town vibe from Basel, Tal, Arez and Wombat.  It's early though.  I don't know a lot of people here yet well enough to have a feeling one way or the other.

I generally like this post more than most of Hallia's I'll see in a game starting out, but it's a bit troubling to me that she has a bunch of town reads (a couple of which seem odd to me), but no scum reads. I did edit out a bit of this to remove a couple of quotes, but she didn't name any scum reads or come out clearly against anyone.

Why am I the first to point this out btw?

I said earlier that I thought his reasoning on AJ was weak (grasping a straws was the term), so if they are not working together I prefer Womby for his reasoning, so already said 

As for the "Fluff", fluff is non game related from how I see it, what happened between AJ and Womby is not fluff, but game related, unless you are using it in a different context? 

Talya, this STILL isn't explaining why you think Wombat is a better candidate than AJ. When Wombat recently asked why you thought they were working together, you used the "gut" reasoning a lot. Here, you say you prefer Wombat for "his reasoning", which doesn't really mean anything.

Can you please tell us conclusively WHY you think Wombat seems scummy? And WHY he seemed to be working together with AJ? Saying everything is a gut feeling just keeps you from having to be pinned down for your reasons for voting, and looks scummy to me.

ahh...you said it right under the quote, and about the AJ/Womby thing. You didn't say anything about the game at all...you seem a bit defensive about it

I haven't said anything about his meta, you are now putting words in my mouth, or that was enough for me to vote him. Considering how many other people have voted and you pick on one, and it was very defensive of Womby. Now the question is, defending a team mate or trying to bus to someone you know is town and the only way you would know he is town, would be if you were mafia?

Theo responds to Talya and says she doesn't know Wombat's meta to know if he is deserving of a vote yet... she never says anything about Talya mentioning Wombat's meta. Talya's response seems very overdefensive because of this, and moreover she goes overboard on the scumdar meter when she throws out the line about Theo knowing who the town are.

I don't think Theo was coming out strong in Wombat's defense at all by asking for your reasoning for the vote, when there essentially wasn't much reasoning that I saw. After you respond to her, she seems to accept this somewhat, but still seems unsure about Wombat. The neutral tone of her post doesn't in any way tell me she def knows Wombat to be town, so I think you went off the deep end with this bit.

People often use this reasoning to catch scum "Oh you know this person to be town so you must be scum!", and I think Talya tries using it here even when it doesn't apply because she's trying to look like she's scumhunting.

She also changes her tone greatly after this when Theo responds with a nice sounding post. Besides Aidanna, Talya's post right here is prob the scummiest of the game for me.

I'd say the Wombat vote would be better than the AJ vote, and not only for her explanation just above, because getting a large train, possibly with a reveal or too fast lynch is never a good idea on day one. It's always best to only get on one defenite train 24-12 hours before the deadline, to give the most time to scumhunt. And trains DO put pressure on people.

I really hope any newer players out here in this game or spectating completely ignore this bit of advice, it really isn't very sound at ALL. Only reason Ley is saying this is because he has a hangup about being what he considers as speedlynched in games. He thinks every lynch should come teetering close to the deadline, which is really really bad because deadline-pressure consolidation votes are much harder to analyze.

This kind of attitude, and any kind which supports waiting, and taking it easy if a deadline isn't imminent, are REALLY bad for DM mafia. You should vote on who you think is scum. If enough people come to a consensus about someone being scummy well before the deadline, so be it. You shouldn't wait to cast your vote if you see something, and if someone seems scummy enough to you you shouldn't be scared about helping them get lynched, even if the deadline is a day away.

At least you removed that guidelines thing from your siggy Ley :tongue:

Interersting.. John Snow comes, votes Aidanna for something pretty vague, then leaves. 

Either he joke voted (which it did not look like), or... I dunno, Vote Snow

From what I recall, this is how Snow plays when he's something non-town. Granted it has been atleast a year since we last played, his "play" doesn't sit right with my belly/tummy/stommach/mage/estomago.

Don't like how Arez gives himself such a giant out along with his vote. It already seems iffy to me that he'd remember a meta read from a year ago, but why does he feel the need to add that he might be completely wrong about it as well?

Seems like a guilty conscience if you ask me. Plus, there's a lot of other stuff to comment on that Arez just kinda ignores.

Also, starting to get a bad vibe from Aidanna.  She's talking too much about perceptions of scumminess and whatnot, and that's more of a scum thing to be worrying about than a town thing.  I'm not saying I'm expecting huge cases from her, but some unsolicited comments on some of the other players would be nice.

I just have to say that your perceptions of me are pretty laughable - it's my very first game. How am I supposed to learn if I don't talk about it. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyway? Talk about scum-vibes and try to find who is the mafia? I am confused how to do this without talking about perceived scumminess and what I think of other players. I know only one player's affiliation for certain - and that's mine because I am town. This post from you Wombat makes me totally get a scum feel for you. So thank you for that post :smile:

Vote Wombat

This vote from Aidanna after Wombat's was really bad. Don't see how she gets such a scum feel from him after his post when the observations he makes are accurate.

Oh, and unvote vote John Snow

I still think he went sort of hard on Aida's back and forth with Rag. I didn't see anything 'scummy as hell' about the vote and unvote.

I thought you were convinced Basel was scum, AJ? Not even any comment about him or why you're ditching that train?

Also, this sudden train on Snow feels lazy to me. He was gone for a long time, why didn't AJ comment about this exchange a lot sooner?

*headdesk*

/quote instead of /spoiler. My bad.

Anyways, TL,DR: 

Aidanna is easily the scummiest player of the game, for whyme fryme, nudging the Basel train and trying to gauge the rest of the players before casting a vote, not giving any reads after being asked for some, and for her bizarre vote on Wombat. Unfortunately, this being her first game she gets a pass today.

Talya is my next scummiest candidate, for the weird vote on Wombat without giving reasoning, unnecessary defensiveness, and fake scumhunting.

Rags has contributed almost nothing to the game before his recent case against Tina, and has posted a LOT of a-bit-too-friendly fluff for him. Got a scum read on him but there's less to go on.

AJ didn't stand out to me much before, but after rereading he does. A couple of minor things here and there, but the stand-out to me is how he ditched the Basel train mysteriously after being convinced Basel was scum (giving a half-hearted "yall's meta read of him must be better than mine" in the next post as explanation to go after Snow, and how he asked Aidanna for reads but then completely let her off the hook after she failed to actually give any.

Vote Talya

Definite town read on Tina after seeing her last couple of posts. Yeah, it's prob cause she noticed some of the same stuff I did, but yeah Tina actually thinks a bit like me when town I've noticed. Obviously we post a lot different however.

Rags, to respond to your case on her- what you pointed out is actually within her meta. She is very inquisitive to start out, but not usually aggressive. She doesn't come out convinced someone is scum usually, she keeps an open mind at the start.

So I got:

Scum- Aidanna, Talya, Rags, AJ

Town - Tina, Dap, Theo, Basel, Snow (I like his last couple of posts, didn't mention that), and myself

Neutral - Wombat, Hallia, Izabella, Golden, Ley, and Arez.

I'd like to see more gameplay-type posts from Hallia, Ley, Izabella, and Arez.

And more votes on Talya.

I've gotten really good at judging Dap's meta recently, a while ago when I came back and noticed Dap started posting wot's a lot more, I read some of his past games to see where it started, and got good at picking up his town and scum tells.

As for Snow, it's a bit more of a gut feeling mixed with the attention he's gotten recently, looks like scum trying to find an easy lynch imo

You didn't pass my test tho :sad:

I thought you would call me out for buddying. Not saying you're scum, but eh missed out on your chance to become confirmed town in my book. Oh well. /shrug

Nah, we worked well together in the last game. As you know, I always find you scummy, even when you´re not so I´m trying to see if I can learn how you play as town. Right now you think a lot like I so I don´t have any reasons so far to not trust you, which means I didn´t see your posts as buddying up. 

Fair enough. I didn't buddy you as much as last time I guess. I try and purposefully keep my town and scum meta close together, to make it tougher. And I also intentionally play a wee bit scummy as town often so that I can last longer, playing too clean can get you NK'ed early on a lot.

I'm posting this before I go to bed. 

I am sure no one will believe this, at least until a read happens by someone later in the game, but I have gotten defensive explaining myself. I have no idea about anyone anymore - but be more wary of anyone talking about me being scum. I'm in no way mafia, and at this point I would almost rather give up the "new players get to live past day one" thing and just get killed. Despo has really decided I am scum, and Tina seems to be leaning that way. I can look later to see who else, but I know my alliance as town and anyone ready to set me up as scum should be noticed. 

Killing me early would serve 2 purposes. I'm going to get killed/lynched or whatever anyway, and the sooner it happens, the sooner other townies will more easily see that I am town. Second, the sooner this happens, the ratio of mafia and town will still be more favorable to town. But whenever it happens, it will all serve a purpose as showing to other town who are more likely to be mafia. 

I'm going to be quieter - my activity in the game so far has been totally misread, and it's bothering me more than it should. I just wanted to put this out there, so maybe when people read the game after I get killed or whatever, they will see who has chosen to ride my flailing to their advantage.  I'm very serious that at this point I would be fine disregarding staying safe the first day thing because this is a team game, and town can really use whatever information my death can give them (but the earlier the better, so the ratio of town to mafia stays in town favor). At least people can start looking at my defensiveness differently and take more notice of people who seem convinced that I am scum. 

That said - I'm going to bed. See you when I see you. 

@Aidanna:

1. Take it easy. It IS just a game after all :tongue:

Seriously tho, I know it can be frustrating if you feel like you're being misunderstood, or being attacked for what you feel are the wrong reasons or something. Just understand, your first couple of games are going to be learning experiences, so if you get lynched or killed kinda early for something dumb, then just try to shrug it off, and learn from it.

2. We're not lynching you today. Even if you are scum, you still deserve a chance to survive at least one phase or so to get a feel for how things play out. And, you might be telling the truth and that you ARE town, and getting more time to try and prove so will behoove both you and the rest of town

3. Not saying this to be harsh, but martyr plays aren't really a good way to endear yourself to others in this game. A townie shouldn't be so quick to want the noose. If you're town, and genuinely frustrated, take a bit of time away from the thread first, calm down, and when you come back try your best to both defend yourself as logically and reasonable as possible, and prove your "towniness" by showing a willingness to try and find scum. So spend less time defending yourself, and grabbing quotes to prove something about yourself is true, and more time looking for discrepancies or oddities in others' posts.

4. If you're town, don't think that just because someone seems to suspect you that they are automatically scum. Any townie will start the game off completely ignorant of others' alignments, so they might mistakenly go after another townie. Instead of OMGUSing (Oh My God U Suck- voting someone that just voted you), consider their reasoning for voting you, and if it still feels like a load of crap, call em on it. Otherwise, defend yourself if you feel it appropriate, but more importantly move on to trying to find scum

5. Regardless of everything else, I hope you don't seriously start getting inactive. That's not at all a good way to react to pressure to mafia, and makes it seem like you don't care as much about the game anymore. When you sign up for a game, you are committing to being somewhat active to all the other players who signed up. Opting out because a few people suspect you is sort of poor sportsmanship.

Anyways. Hope you can come back and continue having fun with us.

Also want to add- I don't suspect you solely because of your defensiveness. I also found the exchange you had with AJ to be very off. He asked you for reads, you didn't really give any, he gave his reads, you asked if he was voting Basel for something, he said yes, and then you agree that it was scummy. Basel comes in and talks to AJ for a bit, and you say he ducked you even tho you didn't really ask him anything or bring anything new up. You then say you're thinking of voting Basel, but want to see what everyone thinks first.

If you can explain that whole exchange a bit better, you might be able to get me to reconsider my read on you. In addition to showing you're looking for things from others too of course :biggrin:

Archived