DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Alright, so given that we haven't lost, there are two possibilities left.

One is that there is only 1 mafia left, or the other option is that there is 1 mafia and 1 tp left (right?). 

So, to win this, we need to kill the remaining mafia before hunting the tp (unless tp can win with town).

If we A, kill town, that puts us at 1 vs 1 vs 1 (loss)

if we B, kill tp, that lets mafia kill one of the remaining town the night after, 1 vs 1 (loss)

only option left is C, kill mafia, which puts us at 2 vs 1. 

That might have been obvious though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn came with anxiety... who had died?? Everybody checked in, and each were relieved to find themselves alive. But one couldn't help but wonder... were they safe?? had nobody been killed because nobody could be reached? could they simply have forgotten to kill last night?? or was this some kind of trick to make them play into their hands??

It is now Day 8, Deadline: Sunday January 5, 2014 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140105T20&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaires+Mafia+Day+8

Alright then, by process of elimination. Out of the 4 remaining people, only me and Des can actually confirm that we were in this thread between the lynch and the night action.

Considering we've already lost our doc, I don't believe we have any other role left that could either block or protect. Which means the only other option would be that the mafia couldn't/forgot to check up on the game.

And that means either Geyes or Aidanna. If we take in to account that Des has a townie read on Geyes, and Aidanna was originally thought to be mafia, I would venture that the safest bet would be to go for Aidanna tonight.

I find it highly suspect that Arez "forgets" that it's night time like only an hour after the Basel flips and starts acting like there are only 3 people left in the game. Then we mysteriously have no kills. It comes off as an attempt to appear out of the loop and looks like he is covering his own butt by not submitting a NK.

The odds of Time starting a day without allowing time for night actions are slim to none at this point in the game. I was convinced the 2 anti-town roles were Basel/Arez. I still believe Arez is scum. Dude has been coasting through the game and all of a sudden starts posting shoddy theories when we get down to crunch time. He has FOS'd every player remaining in the past 2 days and I'm not buying it. The lack of a NK seems to have been foreshadowed by Despo's post @1292, which I find disconcerting. It's clearly an attempt at wifom and one that Arez can use to say "hey there's no way I'd do that cause he said I'd do it yesterday." 

Vote Arez

This is the craziest game. I really just, ugh, don't know what to say, and I don't want to get all crazy and defensive.

As for me, I am going to do something I kind of thought I should maybe do last time. Golden said something to me earlier in the game during the last day or night period that made me wonder - it wasn't about anything game related, and it really wasn't "out of the norm" for him, but it referred to him 'knowing I like to play'.

This hit me as weird for a couple reasons (and I even said I didn't know what to say after he had said it). Here is why. I haven't played before - he does know I like to watch games, but he also knows I haven't played, and I have said a few times that I have been flailing, and I know I have struggled. This has been a hard game for me - because I am generally an easy going nice kind of person, and this game is the most anxiety producing game I have ever played. And also, we used to talk alot through messaging, and recently have mostly stopped talking. I am thinking this is maybe because he is scum, he was uncomfortable being friendly and on a different team than me possibly... I put this off to him being with his family and applying for jobs and such, but him being very quiet now makes me wonder... I trust no one right now.

So right now - this is where I am at. 

No one has claimed the same character as Arez, and I just don't know what to think about him right now. The fact that we are still playing, with so few people, makes me think there is maybe one scum left? At least I am hoping... I know Arez said it would be safest to go with me for tonight, I don't get that, and all I can say is I wasn't online at all really - I checked an email about the Amazing Race I am helping Rhea plan for the White Tower, and I just tonight posted my arches to get Raised to Accepted - you can check that I was absent there for over a day before realizing my arches were even ready to be posted. I am having to write a huge amount of narratives for the race (come sign up in Tar Valon - it's going to be fun) and I also have said a few times - I have kids and am single. I had a huge tea party with my daughter and one of her friends for New Years - my mommy version of a party. My daughter and her friend were still up at like 4 in the morning on the first, and I got no sleep. I just wasn't functional much to be online yesterday, and my daughter convinced me to let her friend stay here with us until her break from school is over, so then in the evening we went and picked up more clothes from a friends house, and we bought movie popcorn from the theater and brought it home and rented Dispicable Me 1 and 2 (my daughters' friend had never seen them). So I have three kids right now I'm taking care of. That's why I was quiet. I put the stuff about Tar Valon and the White Tower and my raising on here so that you can check if you want - it will verify that I'm not lying. 

So (I am so sorry Golden, I hope that this game doesn't ruin a friendship...) but I have to vote. I gave my reasons above. 

Vote Goldeneyes

You had Basel and Arez as your top 2 scum reads and now that the person you voted for flips town I'm responsible for that? I really don't like how you give a weird out of the game reason for it? I joined this site when I had some days off and as with anything new, I was on significantly more often than I am now. The only reason I even sign on to DM as of late is to play mafia and you're aware of that, so yeah I find your comments unsettling. As far as "knowing how you like to play," I was referring to the fact that you once gave me reads of players in another game I was in and I agreed with them. Your vote is based on some random feeling and disregards that there is 1 person who was never viewed by the cop and 3 who were. 

Switching her vote is the oddest move of the very few Aidanna has made all game, but it's statistically impossible for her to have a scum teammate or any reason to protect Arez cause 2 scum would mean the game is over. I'm not going to vote Des cause I believe strongly his town status was solidified when he CC'd Darthe. I can't make myself switch my vote to Aidanna without doing an ISO of her cause I have a difficult time seeing her as scum atm. We need 3 voted for a lynch and I still believe Arez is scum or 3rd party, so I see no reason to switch my vote. Aidanna, we're at lylo and you're making the wrong decision if you're town.

Ok - the only reason I had a weird feeling about that "I like to play comment" was, as I said earlier, I hadn't played before. If you were referring to the times when I watched other games, then that makes me feel better. I was really stretching with that vote. I just felt that all of a sudden, my "gut reaction" to everyone was really off, and maybe I needed to go with something a little different. Every time I read through the new posts on here, I get all anxious and I know I'm not reading people as well as I do when I watch a game. Like I said I am very sorry.  This post from you makes me feel better about you again. I just had to make sure (at least to the best of my abilities). 

Despo is the only other person I wouldn't vote for. I did list Arez as my next scum. 

Question. I need this answered please! If someone is a third party, would the game keep going even if they were the only ones other than regular townies left?? Because I know I am a vanilla town, I am feeling better about you Golden, and Despo has been town for me for a while. So, three town, and one third party - would that be like a survivor or something? How does a role like that work? Since I don't want to rush through the day, I will move my vote from you though.......... 

unvote

Glad I could answer you and thanks for being open to my explanation Aid. As far as I've read on he wiki or seen in other games there are a couple different 3rd parties and the others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Survivor wins whenever a win condition is met, town or scum. I don't understand how they are counted, as town or just an outlier

e.g. 1 Survivor 1 Town 1 Scum= 2 town and 1 (town is still alive) scum or just 1,1,1 (town loses because scum has equal number to town).  

Serial Killer, like we saw in the WD game, must be the last person alive.  I do believe that scum is blocked from winning as long as there is a SK alive. Both are anti-town, but imo SK is much more so because they need everyone to die, while survivor just wants someone other than themselves to die, so they'll lynch indiscriminately. 

I used my last commute shot last night. :laugh: @ Arez trying to spin this to his advantage, thinking others would buy that a scummie "forgot" to submit their NA.

Vote Arez.

Aidanna's longwinded post gives me even more confirmation that she is town, if she was scum this whole time and had peeps fooled, she wouldn't feel so self-conscious. It's kind of a strange reverse to whyme fryme. Golden's response had me slightly wary, but I still trust my earlier town read of him. As scum, he is generally much more aggressive, and I think he would have used that vote from Aidanna to pounce on her in a much more reactionary way. Either way, Arez's play has been antitown pretty much the whole game, he never really acted like he cared who was lynched, never used his vote properly, and he seemed to get a LOT more active in the past few phases, perhaps because he felt he was close to winning.

As a sidenote Golden, some mods have SK's act a little different, they don't necessarily always have to be the last surviving player.

LOL Arez must NOT be paying much attention to the game, which is why he prob tried shooting me last night.

Considering we've already lost our doc, I don't believe we have any other role left that could either block or protect. Which means the only other option would be that the mafia couldn't/forgot to check up on the game.

And that means either Geyes or Aidanna. If we take in to account that Des has a townie read on Geyes, and Aidanna was originally thought to be mafia, I would venture that the safest bet would be to go for Aidanna tonight.

Also hmmmm possible scumslip by saying we should go for Aidanna tonight... instead of today?

:wink:

I wanted to put that stuff to Golden to get a specific reaction. I think he would have, like Despo pointed out, reacted differently if he had been scum. I intentionally did that to see his reaction. I have (a few times during earlier day phases of the game) thought that I wasn't sure of my town read for Golden (mostly because we are friends and I was afraid that would change the way I thought about him during the game), and I really wanted to make sure that I was as positive as I could be that he would be town. I hope you aren't too upset with me Golden. 

Thank you Golden for explaining that to me. I really appreciate it. 

Despo using his last commute makes more sense to me than scum forgetting. I'm glad my self consciousness helps you be more confident I'm town - it's all this crazy anxiety from this game. It even keeps me up at night and gives me a stomach ache.

I got back on here to do this. It's almost midnight tonight here, and this game was giving me anxiety. So, I'm going to go the way I said I was. 

Vote Arez

While we wait several days for our mod most likely lol.

Jking Time, I know you get busy too. Just feels like I've been waiting an eternity for this game to end. Living with lyncher's regret (when you've lynched someone but haven't seen their flip yet, and immediately start regretting the lynch) for so long can drive someone crazy... or at least craziER considering the Taint's presence lol.

Stefan was another supernatural, and what's worse for the town, he's a vampire... and with what they know of his history, once he was off the rails, he was a Ripper... was it possible that he'd gone off the rails once again but managed to make everybody think that he was fine?? Too superstitious and not wanting to take any chances, those remaining injected his alcohol stash with vervain and waited for it to take effect... When he was on his knees coughing and trying to dispel the burn of the vervain, they staked him...

Arez Al'Loke- Stefan Salvatore, town vanilla has been lynched...

It is now Night 8, Deadline: Saturday January 4, 2014 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140104T20&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaires+Mafia+Night+8

During the night, Klaus exited his home and went to Alaric's apartment... slipping inside quietly, he found Alaric drinking, and crept up behind him. Using the dagger he brought, he chopped off the hand with the Gilbert ring on it and buried his fangs in Alaric's neck... draining all the blood from his body despite Alaric's struggles to get free... Stalking from the apartment, he then went to Mayor Lockwood's mansion where he kicked the door open and used his vampire speed to run to the study. Mayor Lockwood held a crossbow loaded with a stake, and fired as soon as he entered the room....knocking the stake aside, he ran to her side behind the desk and grabbed her when she managed to run a few steps in an attempt to get away. He quickly snapped her neck and tossed her to the ground a few feet away... now, nobody stood in his way, and Mystic Falls was his....

Aidanna- Alaric Saltzman, town vanilla was killed night 8

Despo- Mayor Lockwood, town vanilla killed night 8 due to being on even ground with the Mafia

GoldeneyesND- Klaus Mikaelson, Mafia Godfather has won the game for the Mafia team!!!

Thank you all for playing!!!

Archived