DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

They were narrowing it down and getting close to the end... everybody was getting looked at with more suspicion, and thinking they had evidence to incriminate one of them, all but Elena and Alaric showed up at the Grill where Jeremy worked... While he was getting things from the storage room, they struck... His hands were full and he couldn't defend himself when the hand wearing the Gilbert ring was chopped off... dropping everything else and yelling in pain, he tried to hide behind a shelf, but was nailed in his back on the left side before he could... dropping dead to the ground, they were satisfied to know that without his hand and the Gilbert ring on it, he wouldn't come back from the dead after Stefan had finished him...

TheRagnarok- Jeremy Gilbert, vanilla town has been lynched...

It is now Night 6, Deadline is Sunday December 29 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20131229T20&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaires+Mafia+Night+6

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blech. That sucks.

Basel/Arez last scum or mebbe... gah I dunno. Will prob try and reread later on. I'm back at work monday night, hopefully scum team will take their time in killing.

Top scum reads right now are Basel, Arez, and Hallia. Need a LOT more contribution from others on their reads however.

So I feel that Hally is town, that leaves Arez as the only other person who was never viewed. I'm guessing Arez is scum, possibly as an SK because a Vig/SK pair with the two brothers makes sense. That leaves us with one scum, assuming four scum to match the 25% ratio. One of the people viewed must be GF. I'm putting my money on Des and Arez needing to be lynched.

Funny how you agree with my views on Arez and SK possibility, yet still think I could be scum :rolleyes:

I do have this question for you Basel: Besides Hallia's character claim, WHAT gives you the indication that she is town?

And while you're at it, another please: who else besides me do you suspect could be a GF from the cop views?

That totally sucks. I'm sorry Rag. 

I have no idea what to think right now. I will read through stuff carefully tonight, I just don't know what to think about anyone right now. 

Who do we have left? Me, Despo, Basel, Hallia, Arez, Golden... Did I miss anyone?

Just, ugh. 

Funny how you agree with my views on Arez and SK possibility, yet still think I could be scum :rolleyes:

I do have this question for you Basel: Besides Hallia's character claim, WHAT gives you the indication that she is town?

And while you're at it, another please: who else besides me do you suspect could be a GF from the cop views?

Des, in answer to your questions:

1. Assuming you to be the mafia GF, you would still be wanting to get rid of Arez if he were the SK. If I think Arez is third-party and so do you, you being scum and me being town would be irrelevant to me agreeing with you, because town and scum both need to eliminate an SK. So I fail to see how me thinking you're scum means I can't agree with you on this point.

2. Hally isn't on her scum meta. When she is scum, she posts a lot less game-related stuff. She has been contributing about as much as she normally does when town.

3. Aida's post-hammer votes haven't made me very confident about her.

1. Good point.

2. I don't really see that. Her gameplay posts were mainly revolving around setup stuff, besides that I hardly remember anything else from her the entire game.

3. Aida is prob my strongest town read right now. Mainly due to her reaction and play around my fake cop claim battle with Darthe. I could try and revisit her but I highly doubt that she's scum. This makes me feel worse about you again.

Despo - I have to say I love the Carnival of Harlequin you have right now.

After Caroline had been killed, the Sheriff threw herself into catching the killers as well as keeping herself busy at work... she did not want to go back to the house and look at all the memories of the daughter she rarely spent time with but had still managed to impact her life in a big way. Staying late at her office, she was often going over evidence, and when her coworkers found her with her throat slit in her office the next morning, the evidence she'd been going over had been strewn about her desk and now had no further use because her blood was all over it...

Player- Sheriff Forbes, town cop has been night killed...

It is now Day 6, Deadline: Monday December 30 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20131230T20&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaires+Mafia+Day+6&swk=1

Wow - I was just offline for a couple hours, and I missed out on the Rags hammer... 

vote Rag

Just for good measure. :wink:

Here Basel - I posted at night (which I don't know if people are supposed to chat or what during the night and I shy away from posting too much spam during any phase) I didn't post again because I was waiting for Time to post the scene and start the next day phase. I got online earlier in the day on the 27th to check, and it wasn't day time yet. As soon as I got on and saw that it was day, the hammer had already dropped. According to the time stamp when Time posted the scene, to when I posted was just over 5 hours - call it what you want, but I am a single mom, and it was the day after Christmas. You can read whatever you want into it, but I can't be on here all the time - especially with 2 kids (one of which isn't even 2 years old yet), by myself, during a holiday. Maybe Christmas was over for most of you, but I'm spending time with my kid while she is on break from school. 

So to me it is much more suspicious that the day phase started, and within 5 hours the hammer had already dropped. I had made it clear that I would have voted Rag on the day before - because I really did think he was the next best scum vote. I was obviously wrong. 

Well, if you don't believe that hallia is scum (which I don't either), that means that if there is 2 anti-town left (which some people seem to assume), Dap viewed 2 people as town even though they weren't.

I can understand some would find it a interesting idea, a vig-brother coupled with a sk-brother. But even in the best case scenario, that's a really far stretch. He was town and so am I.

if we assume there are 2 mafia left, then my bet would be Geyes and Des. I'm betting mafia tried to pull of a huge gambit by sacrificing Darthe to give Des more cred. I mean, Darthe seemed to be rather bored and this could have been a win-win solution. Darthe gets to quit the game whilst giving a mafia player more town cred.

Geyes is scum because he is.

Awful post Arez. Thinking its Basel and Arez for our remaining scum.

Arez, you don't give hardly any reasoning for ANY of those reads. They sound like you completely pulled them out your ass. Your response to the speculation of you being SK is pretty much "nope, I'm town because AJ was".

You don't give any explanation for a town read on Hallia, and instead go for a much wilder theory that Dap somehow viewed TWO diff scum as town.

Your reasoning for me being scum is that it could have been a gambit between Darthe and I, but that's not reasoning for why you think I'm scummy. If I'm scum it would HAVE to have been a gambit. Why do you think its likely that I'm scum instead of someone else? And no reasoning given on GE, someone I have a middling town read on.

Not good at all Arez.

The reason you want to lynch me was based on speculation, I merly offered different speculation.

I don't have scum/town reads on anyone really, I haven't been following the game all to closely, so the only thing I can do really is vote based on facts or speculation.

so far, Hallia has claimed Elena, which makes her highly improbable of being scum.

Dap has viewed the lot of you, which means that somehow he got one or more wrong views.

And I know my own role. Which leaves us on Day 1 really. Random lynching people based on gutfeeling or (mis)read posts, aka speculation.

Okay I compiled all of the final vote counts, along with some of the in between vote counts for context and stuff. Here we go...

lynch achieved... scene coming up...

Official Vote Count

Womby (9/9):   Aidanna, Des, Ragnarok, AJ, Arez, Hallia, John Snow, Leyrann, Basel

AJ (2/9): Goldeneyes, Tina

John Snow (1/9): Player

Despo (1/9): Darthe

Theodora (1/9): Womby

people not voting (2/16): Izabella, Theodora

WWWwombat, Matt Donovan- vanilla town has been lynched... it is now Night 1

Okay just to start off here, GE is the only vote not on Wombat that isn't known at this point, all others were town or Darthe. Still have a town read on him but I'm going to iso him soon.

Anyhoo off the Wombat train, can't recollect how some of the votes fell towards the end, but I have a strong town read on Aidanna and I know I helped start the Wombat train in a way, but those three in a row towards the end there (Arez, Hallia, Snow), most likely contain two scum imo. Right now thinking Arez and Snow/Basel

well oddly enough, when I did the randomizer, it chose Izabella (she had been asked to be replaced) lucky you guys... and you all were off by one vote if I counted Hallia's...

Theodora (7/8): Leyrann, Goldeneyes, Basel1.0, John Snow(Basel2.0), AJ, Aidanna, (Hallia)

Darthe (2/8): Tina, Despo

Despo (1/8): Darthe

Goldeneyes (1/8): Theodora

Leyrann (1/8): Arez

no lynch achieved...

Izabella, Caroline Forbes- vanilla town has been randomly lynched

Okay I had to edit this cause the final vote count actually didn't have most of the names on it, just Snow, AJ, Basel, and Aidanna. Here are the other respective votes:

sorry it took so long... was super busy today

Official Vote Count

Theodora (3/8): John Snow, Leyrann, Goldeneyes

Tina (1/8): AJ

Despo (1/8): Darthe

Goldeneyes (1/8): Theodora

Leyrann (1/8): Arez

Darthe (3/8): Aidanna, Tina, Despo

AJ (1/8): Basel

Deadline: Thursday December 12 20:00 EST  http://www.timeandda...ies Mafia Day 2

im contacting Izabella now...

This VC is a few pages back, and Ley and GE never change their votes before the deadline. So they were the first on the Theo train, which eventually led to Iza's random modkill. This train can be important to analyze since we eventually got Theo's flip as town.

So her train was Leyrann, Goldeneyes, Basel1.0, Snow(Basel2.0), AJ, Aidanna, and (Hallia) in parentheses since her vote actually came after the deadline, but apparently was counted.

GE's vote there actually doesn't look good, but from what I remember his vote on Theo had seemed fairly justified. Will have to check when I iso him. The last few votes came after Darthe's cop claim, and with the deadline approaching, so don't look terrible. One however, does stand out- Mr. Snow's.

Uh, guys? We have 6.5 hrs until the DL and the closest we have is L-5.

Do I need to read a part of this thread?  I think some of you are trying to get me lynched.

These came out right one after the other, not too long after a vc from Time. Snow def looks like he could be helping Darthe set the stage for fearmongering off his lynch.

We have like 3 hrs left and aj is still talking about an outlier lynch? Ping.

Still think we should lynch theo, but this close the dl with me potentially not being on again, have to unvote vote Darthe

Don't want random

Snow says he still wants to vote Theo, but uses the DL as cover for a vote on Darthe, saying he might not be on again.

Ooh will I die or will it random?

Cop.

unvote vote thea

Convinced my manager to let me on break early.

And yet, Snow shows up very quickly after Darthe's "claim" to switch back to Theo. And only an hour after his previous post. Now I know the deadline WAS approaching, but were talking about a guy who ended up going like 10 straight days w/o posting before being replaced, and wasn't exactly super active before then. He had hardly seemed to care about this game. Yet right around a deadline when Darthe is under threat of being lynched, he's suddenly super attentive towards the thread? He talks about the impending deadline multiple times in his posts around this time.

This looks absolutely terrible for Basel2.0. Add this to my other points against him.

I can see how she would potentially be town, if the main enemy were the Originals.  Her main goal was to destroy them.  But with Darthe doing that....claim.....what choice is there?

Vote Thea

Here was Hallia's vote right at the end there btw. Hallia does seem to question the claim a little bit. This looks slightly better for her. She also doesn't even mention deadline at all, showing she's honestly not very self-aware at all about how her vote would be perceived, considering it came after the deadline. This is actually also a good thing for her, because being overly self-aware is what leads a lot of scum to feel the need to overjustify their votes. In addition, she has actually done this kind of thing in the past as town, placed a kinda oblivious vote that obv stands out badly w/o acting like she was aware of how it would make her look.

And as a quick aside, Arez had his vote parked on Ley as the deadline hit. I forgot to fetch his quote on Ley, should have, but not too long before the deadline, he was joking with someone about them joining the train on Ley with him, that it had popcorn. This shows an active disinterest in Arez's part in securing a lynch on Ley or anyone else for that matter. This vote actually strongly supports the idea of him being third party. He doesn't care who gets lynched as long as it's not him, and if he was some kind of third party, he'd know a random lynch would have a very hard chance of hitting him.

Official Vote Count

Despo (4/7): Darthe, Basel1.0, Arez, Leyrann

Darthe (7/7): Despo, AJ, Goldeneyes, Aidanna, Player, Hallia, Theodora

lynch has been achieved!!! scene coming up...

Here was the VC at the end of the fake cop claim duel with me and Darthe.

For more context, here's the VC towards the highest point of my lynch midway through the day (and before Dap showed up with some good casing to help me out)

Official Vote Count

Despo (5/7): Darthe, Basel1.0, Arez, Leyrann, Ragnarok

Darthe (3/7): Despo, AJ, Goldeneyes

Deadline: Monday December 16 20:00 EST http://www.timeandda...ies Mafia Day 3

This makes GE look a LOT better in my eyes, he was on the Darthe train when there was a big push for me from the scum team (got me to L-2), and stayed there up until the lynch

The only unaccounted vote we have right there on my train is Arez. And his vote stays on me up until Darthe is lynched. I remember the vote being sketchy as hell, and him acting ambivalent about changing it or anything. He could have thought that I was the real cop and would have known the real cop to be more of a threat to him if he was third party. This makes Arez look scummy as heck.

Also, we don't have every name on these VC's. And who's missing, and wasn't voting or posting during this whole phase? Mr. Snow. Looks awful for Basel2.0, that was a long phase.

Hallia joined Darthe's lynch at the end, here's her vote:

There's the Dap we know and love.  

Vote Darthe

Again, she actually looks a bit better here. Looks like she might have just needed to be convinced by someone else than me. Cause I'm a meanyhead to her apparently. /shrug

I don't really mind Darthe's "apatheteihceidh" play, as opposed to some others. That might be due to the fact that I enjoy reading his posts. Feels like right now, people are just voting the person whose playstyle the like the least.

Although, I don't mind your playstyle Dap (kinda realised that you're infamous for your wots), I'd still put my cards on Darthe. You guys are pretty much the opposite of each other (this game), one writing terribly long texts, the other writing terribly short ones. One with a bit more emotionpacked gameplay, one with a bit more apathetic gameplay. 

Problem is, that if you can't "meet me halfway", so to speak, I simply won't be able to play well with you. If you keep pumping these large texts consistently, with a "short" summary which is 500 letters long, I will lagg behind and eventually miss out on everything you have to say, except the last part. 

And therefor, I really hope that in this Wifom vs Wifom, Darthe is the cop. Because It will be so much easier for me to follow his readings.

By the way, have you viewed anyone? Because if you have, I must have missed it in the sea of text.

This was from Arez when I was at L-1, tells me why he's parking his vote on me essentially. He pretty much makes it look like a meta or policy vote, since he's saying he's voting for the playstyle he likes least, which is mine apparently. Talks a bunch of crizzap about my wot's, blah blah blah. Sorry my playstyle isn't convenient for your lazy, apathetic, ambivalent play this game.

Official Vote Count

Turin (6/6): Despo, Aidanna, Theodora, Player, Basel2.0, Ragnarok

AJ (1/6): Turin

lynch achieved!!! scene coming up...

The people not on this VC: Hallia, Arez, AJ, GE. Was kinda sorta a speed lynch. I like Aidanna's vote, she's pretty much my strongest town read of the game for multiple reasons. Basel2.0's looks like it could have been a reluctant bus vote with the timing (Turin's lynch did stretch out a little longer than it seemed it needed to for a bit, and when Basel voted him he didn't really give any reasoning for his vote. From what I remember, Turin might have had a bit of distancing @ Basel after that. It's kind of hard for me to believe that scum would let a train entirely composed of town lynch their teammate, and Basel is really the only candidate on the train that makes sense to me (the only other possible one being Aidanna, whose votes have been protown almost the entire game.

GE wasn't really active during this stretch from what I remember. I dunno about Arez or Hallia... actually Hallia could have been preoccupied during this time as well. Was right before Christmas.

Hallia (4/5): Player, Despo, Goldeneyes, Theodora

Theodora (3/5): Basel2.0, Arez, Hallia

Deadline: December 25 21:00 EST http://www.timeandda...ies Mafia Day 5

This was the highest Hallia's train got before her character claim.

Hallia (2/5):  Goldeneyes, Theodora

Theodora (5/5): Basel2.0, Arez, Hallia, Ragnarok, Despo

That's a lynch, scene coming up!!!

And this was the final vote count after that. (Dap is missing from the VC, oh and Aidanna)

This is one of the biggest things that makes me think it could have been a Basel/Hallia scum team left, cause Basel was hardcore buddying Hallia's character claim and was counterpushing the opposite train earliest.

After review of the other VC's tho, I do feel significantly better about Hallia. Could be that Basel wanted to buddy her for town cred and cause he thought he could manipulate her into not voting for him.

Ragnarok: (4/4): Goldeneyes, Hallia, Despo, Basel2.0

scene coming up!!!

Not on this VC: Arez, Aidanna, and Rags himself. Was a speedlynch pretty much, thanks to Basel's ninja-hammer (obv all of the votes on him are responsible, and it is possible Basel genuinely didn't want to hammer Rags, which doesn't clear him anyways since scum don't usually like to hammer since it stands out more.

Alright that's what I found. If anyone sees things differently, by all means let me know.

My top two reads are Basel and Arez right now. Pretty confident those are our remaining antitown elements (Basel2.0 for remaining mafioso, Arez for SK or Survivor or some kind of third party)

Good luck if I'm dedded soon. Gonna try and go through isos now mebbe. Need to grub first.

1. The reason you want to lynch me was based on speculation, I merly offered different speculation.

2. I don't have scum/town reads on anyone really, I haven't been following the game all to closely, so the only thing I can do really is vote based on facts or speculation.

3. so far, Hallia has claimed Elena, which makes her highly improbable of being scum.

Dap has viewed the lot of you, which means that somehow he got one or more wrong views.

And I know my own role. Which leaves us on Day 1 really. Random lynching people based on gutfeeling or (mis)read posts, aka speculation.

1. Oh no sir, that is not correct at all. I first mentioned you came up looking scummier on my latest lengthy reread, and even referenced the posts that made me feel this way. The speculation only came in what kind of scummie I thought you to be. You were already on my lynch list, should the game have been still going.

You can try to sugercoat it/wall of text it/misinterpret it all you want, still doesn't change the fact.

By all means, if you think I have ever sugarcoated, or misinterpreted or misrepresented in any fashion, let me know. Just saying something doesn't make it true, you know. You're essentially trying to duck out of the argument before it ever begins.

TL, DR: Basel and Arez are scum, or at least one is (if Time only had 3 scum out of 16 players, very unlikely). Lynch Basel first to get rid of the mafia NK, and see what happens after that. If Arez is a SK, we'll have one more night to try and survive and kill him (I'm sure I'll be dead by this point if this scenario is true). If he's a Survivor or some other kind of slightly less malevolent third party, he may win with us. And it's always possible that Arez isn't third party at all, but instead "safing it" scum coasting through most the game. But lynch those two, and game should be won.

Well, if you don't believe that hallia is scum (which I don't either), that means that if there is 2 anti-town left (which some people seem to assume), Dap viewed 2 people as town even though they weren't.

I can understand some would find it a interesting idea, a vig-brother coupled with a sk-brother. But even in the best case scenario, that's a really far stretch. He was town and so am I.

if we assume there are 2 mafia left, then my bet would be Geyes and Des. I'm betting mafia tried to pull of a huge gambit by sacrificing Darthe to give Des more cred. I mean, Darthe seemed to be rather bored and this could have been a win-win solution. Darthe gets to quit the game whilst giving a mafia player more town cred.

Arez, this post is enough to make me wonder what you're drinking and order a double when it comes to the bits that I have bolded. You are really suggesting there are two GFs in this game. That's ridiculous in any game for mafia to have two GFs. The only exception I might make would be for competing scum factions, which we have seen absolutely ZERO evidence of. And you can't say someone is scum just because they are scum. That's just plain lazy. You need to explain why GE is scum, and convince the rest of us.

Buddying with Hallia, who I think is town, but you would probably know what she is already. 2 godfathers is ridiculous, you're flailing now.

I agree with Des and Basel,  it's most likely we have 2 baddies left, so either 2 scum or 1 3rd party and a scum. The fact that town had a Doc, Cop, Vig and claimed Commuter means evil would probably get a RB and 2 other things at least, most likely GF and some 3rd party? GF would be the anti-cop, RB would be the anti-Doc but I don't see how you balance a 1-shot vig and a commuter.

There are a couple of other observations I'd like to make though.

Aid, I don't like the joke come in after the hammer has dropped votes on that person. It's bad gameplay and it makes it look like you're trying to get credit for being part of a team you weren't on. In this case obviously the lynches were town, so I'm pretty sure you did it as a joke, but in the future just be aware those two posts could make people think you're scummy.

The "whoops, I speedhammered" Rags explanation, I think even Basel will admit it didn't leave him looking great. If it was a scum move it was probably worth the risk, but if he's town I have no doubt there was an expletive or two uttered when he realized what he did.

Ok - 

1. I didn't know it was bad gameplay to vote after a hammer had come down. I won't do it again. I've made some dumb mistakes.

2. It wasn't a joke either - I had said for the night before, and the entire day period before that, that I wanted to vote rag. I previously stated -  I had a 5 hour period when I missed the vote there, and day periods generally go like 3 human days, so my 'good measure' statement was because I stand by that vote. He flipped town, but I stand by the fact that I thought he was scum. 

Here is what I think - 

Scum very much took advantage of the holiday. 

Arez bringing up the idea of Despo doing some crazy gambit, lynching a baddie to gain town cred, just doesn't sit with me - Despo has been a vocal townie in my opinion, and other than me, he is probably the only other player I really think is most likely town at this point. Then there is the weird two GF thing. 

Basel - I'm seeing a big difference between your posts as you in the beginning, and you after taking snow's place. In the beginning, you scum hunted, but also had a defensive quality to the tone of your posts - I don't really see this anymore. Thats a big change. Especially coupled with the fact that you go after Despo as well. Who I again, think is the strongest town player at this point.  (I know I'm town, but I'm very obviously not a great player)

Hallia - I think she is probably town, but plays more where she uses other peoples reads to decide her thoughts. I haven't seen much of her thought process that hasn't been using what someone says or waiting to hear what people think. 

Golden - today I just don't know what to say about you. You were a more vocal player in the beginning, when townies were dying. You got really quiet - I know you had your bday, and other parties and are busy in RL in general - but this was when we were lynching the only scum taken down so far. Then, here we are where the townies are falling pretty quickly, and you pick up the pace again. I think you most likely town, and trying to really just weed out the scum behavior.

I agree with Despo - Basel needs to be the next one to go. Then Arez. 

I like how people (Geyes, Basel, Aidanna) automatically assume that I meant GF's. I specifically said that he must have viewed two people wrong because I know the idea that TWO gf's or godfather's or w/e is highly unlike. What is MORE likely is that there is someone with a redirection skill in this case. But this is all assuming Hallia is town, which is based on her claim. If Hallia turned out to be scum, that means only one person Dap viewed is scum or TP. Which makes GF/Godfather much more likely. 

But as I said, I find it hard to believe that Elena would NOT be in the game. And even harder that she would be scum. That leaves the more probable scenario that Dap got atleast 2 wrong-reads.

Elena had spent the night alone and refused to be near anybody... she'd lost the last family member she had and felt like she had failed her parents in helping raise and protect Jeremy.. Giving her the time to grieve, Stefan and Bonnie left her alone for the night, but at dawn the next day, they knew they had to finish off the threat to the town so everybody could be safe again... but when Bonnie opened Elena's door that morning, she screamed with grief at having found the last of her friends dead on her bed...

Hallia- Elena Gilbert, vanilla town has night killed...

It is now Day 7, Deadline: Wednesday January 1 21:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140101T21&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaries+Mafia+Day+7

Archived