DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

After Caroline had been killed, the Sheriff threw herself into catching the killers as well as keeping herself busy at work... she did not want to go back to the house and look at all the memories of the daughter she rarely spent time with but had still managed to impact her life in a big way. Staying late at her office, she was often going over evidence, and when her coworkers found her with her throat slit in her office the next morning, the evidence she'd been going over had been strewn about her desk and now had no further use because her blood was all over it...

Player- Sheriff Forbes, town cop has been night killed...

It is now Day 6, Deadline: Monday December 30 20:00 EST http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20131230T20&p0=263&msg=Vampire+Diaires+Mafia+Day+6&swk=1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Hallia

Hoping my giant vote will count as more than one right now, I'm more than ready for this game to be wrapped up.

Hallia down today, most likely followed by my death the next night, in which case Rags should surely be the following lynch. If the game is still going on at that point, the townies remaining will have to try and find the GF out of the remaining players, most likely using vote count analysis and stuff.

Woohoo I'm still alive! I didn't submit my last Commute action yet, sweetness. I agree the NK was a poor choice, if they were looking for the Cop why NK a claimed vig?

Yeah Hallia, that character claim means less than nothing to me. You've once again just tried doing everything presented against you, thinking a character claim alone would suffice. You sealed your fate when you failed to bus your teammate yesterday. Should've voted him.

Vote Hallia

And now we wait who knows how long for our other townies to show up and vote. Wonderful.

:dry:

Eh yeah forgot about that character claim.

:rolleyes:

Unvote, Vote Rags.

Sounds to me more like you've been trying to sweep it under the rug, since you dissed it as soon as she made the claim. Also considering that I've called you out twice on your Hally suspicion despite her claiming the central good guy, and you have yet to say anything on that front.

Meantime, I find myself wondering why Dap died after you softclaimed the ability to commute him, without ever coming right out and saying you could do so. Were you just hinting in an effort to not get tripped up in your own wifom? Where was his so-called protection? Were you roleblocked? Oh yeah, mafia lost their roleblocker. So then how did Dap die?

Des for GF, anyone?

@Basel: Eh I don't mind you pushing me for GF, altho of course this makes me suspect you for that immediately.

I already addressed the character claim multiple times. I don't think a player should just about EVER be "cleared" by a character claim. Seems stupid and against the point of the game imo. Not only that, but it's gaming the mod somewhat as you don't know if it's a mod-given safe claim. I don't like how that's ALL Hallia has offered to try and convince people to not lynch her.

As for me saying I had Dap's back, that was entirely wifom for the scum team NK. Didn't work in one way, but in another it did prevent me from having to use a Commute shot as well.

Yeah... after rereading that post again Basel you look slimy. Trying to nudge me soooo much. Trying to gauge the rest of town to see how they'd feel about my lynch instead of conclusively saying you found me scummy. Trying to use an obvious wifom post on my part against me in the manner you do. I def think you're a good direction to go if the game doesn't end soon.

Before I post, I also gotta say you've defended Hallia's claim perhaps more than anyone else... could be you trying to hardcore buddy a townie to try and live til endgame. I think I need to revisit that iso on Snow/Basel2.0

@Basel: Eh I don't mind you pushing me for GF, altho of course this makes me suspect you for that immediately.

I already addressed the character claim multiple times. I don't think a player should just about EVER be "cleared" by a character claim. Seems stupid and against the point of the game imo. Not only that, but it's gaming the mod somewhat as you don't know if it's a mod-given safe claim.

Green: Omgus suspicion is omgussy.

Blue: Information is key to town winning the game. Hally has given us what info she has. You've withheld info, which is anti-town.

Purple: If the mod gave the main good guy as a safeclaim, I think that'd break the game. Sure, hold a major person back and give them to scum as a safeclaim, but doing so with the star of the show is something I wouldn't expect from any mod. Going back to my earlier Batman example, would you give mafia Batman as a safeclaim in a Batman game?

I wouldnt think two shits bout making batman mafia

Nice job ducking me Baselscum. I'm shooting iu tonight.

Well, with the vig dead, you having the power to kill makes you... what? Not vig. Therefore, almost certainly scum, possibly SK with GF powers. And not commuter, either. Either you're a killer or a commuter.

Well, with the vig dead, you having the power to kill makes you... what? Not vig. Therefore, almost certainly scum, possibly SK with GF powers. And not commuter, either. Either you're a killer or a commuter.

:laugh:

You'll take just about anything I say right now as me being serious, won't you? I JUST talked about how the part about me protecting Dap was obvious wifom for the scum team, and then bs about shooting someone tonight, and you actually take me seriously? lololololololololololololololol

You're either extremely misguided and confused townie, or you're scum trying to use anything you can to try and make me look bad. I have made my towniness so evident this game that to try and question it at this point in the manner you are doing is ludicrous.

If you feel a need to make your alleged "towniness" evident, that's just a sign that you are trying to cover stuff up. The only thing you've made evident so far is that you are an LLL. You lied bout being cop, and now you're lying about being commuter.

All ofBasel's posts since replacing back in:

Mafia snow is often very lurky snow. But he hasn't even been here enough to really catch any heat for anything except being lurky.

Snow: vanished. is typical of mafia snow

Turin, that's twice you claim that Snow going AWOL is a sign that he is scum. I think that's a sign of mafia trying to throw heat onto the inactives to score an easy lynch. Not necessarily today, but perhaps later. You've obviously either forgotten or have chosen to overlook how Snow disappears all the time. Town, scum, and even as the mod, it doesn't matter what he is, he never sticks with a game, and sometimes doesn't even bother to check in (Rand's Calvin and Hobbes game comes to mind). So how is a player who goes MIA from pretty much every single game scum in this one for doing the same thing? (Seriously starting to wonder why Snow is still allowed to sign up for games in the first place.)

Vote Turin.

Turin could have been distancing from Snow with his stuff, he would've known that he was almost certainly going to be lynched soon. When Basel votes Turin, he doesn't really give ANY explanation for why he's voting him, just defends Mr. Snow, which is kinda scummy considering that's the slot he joined in on. Could easily be a bus vote.

Oh,  and Des: next time you tell the doc to not protect you, and you actually mean it rather than intending wifom for the scum team, it helps to not wait until night has already been going for a couple of hours. Derp.

Nothing here, altho I dunno why he'd submit NA's immediately when it's almost always better to wait for twilight/post lynch happenings to better choose your target (peeps fake cop claims fairly often as town, which is why it's good to wait to see if they reveal that they're not the cop or something).

Yeah Hallia, that character claim means less than nothing to me.

Dude, Google is your friend. So is Wiki. If the character claim means nothing to you, is it so incredibly hard to look it up? IMDB lists Elena as the top character in the show, and Wikipedia says the whole show revolves around her. I think any scum would have to be positively nuts to fakeclaim her. And while the mod might leave someone major out on purpose to give scum a safe claim, I don't think it would be the star of the show. Moreover, Elena has been in the scenes and that tells me that she is definitely in the game.

If you are being honest with what you've had to say about character claiming, fine. That's your belief. Fine. But don't assume that everyone, including the mod, will share your beliefs that flavor shouldn't matter. Time clearly loves the show based on the scenes she has crafted for us. For that matter, I know from talking to her long before this game went up (before she even signed up to run it, IIRC) that she is a fan of the show, and I think from this that she has designed the game to be faithful to the show.

That leaves Thea and Rags. Vote Thea. I can switch to Rags.

Here's the stuff where he's hardcore buddying Hallia for her character claim. I still think it's possible that Time could have left the protagonist out as a safe claim, and I would commend her greatly if she did so, cause I think using theme stuff (like character claims) to "solve" a game is mega lamesauce.

Anyways he says google is my friend, but I never acted like I was voting Hallia because I didn't know who her character was, I made it clear that I DIDN'T CARE who her character was.

So he votes Theo instead of Rags, says he can switch to Rags. Which is the kind of thing scum often say when not voting their teammate- "I can switch to so and so", to make them look like good cooperative townies. Ping since he ONCE AGAIN doesn't give any of his reasoning for his vote, why he thinks Theo should be lynched instead of Rags first. Two votes in a row with no reasoning is terrible considering he replaced in to an inactive player late in the game. He would know that as town, he'd have to work that much harder to prove his towniness.

Time. It might be wise to consider christmas as a half day or even nothinng and extend the deadline acordingly. I dont think many will be around (including yourself)

This. Putting a DL on Christmas Day is practically inviting a random lynch

Not much here, altho this could be an example of a scummie trying to look like helpful townie ("Oh mod, please extend the deadline for us so we can lynch scum. Kthx!")

Okay, so Thea was town. This increases the chances that Dap has viewed the GF, from what I can tell, since I thought it was down to Thea and Rags. Hally being town is certain to me, since it's completely and totally ridiculous that the central character would be a fakeclaim. If you were scum in a Star Trek game, would you fakeclaim the captain? If it was a Batman theme, would you fake claim Batman? I don't think so.

This is lame. If I'm scum, I'm going to claim WHATEVER I think will help me survive a little bit longer. That means fake claiming Kirk, or Batman, or the little 6 lb, 5 oz baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes, if I think it will make others hesitate in lynching me.

AND of course, there's always the possibility that it's a mod given safe claim. Do I think this is likely? Not really. But the point is, I don't blatantly accept Hallia as town just because she claimed a certain character. Basel hasn't even made ONE point about why Hallia could be town due to her play, he is just clinging to and supporting her character claim as much as possible to either defend a teammate (depending on how Rags flips), or buddy a townie to make himself look better.

PS: Des, I liked the hammer pic.

Nothing here.

Told yall.

Well, it looks like it's still Rags/Hallia for remaining scum, with Arez as a slight possibility. This shouldn't take much longer.

Dap, no worries mate. I got your back tonight.

:wink:

I don't think I've ever heard of a commuter that could commute someone else. What you're describing sounds like a combo of commuter and jailkeeper.

Takes me seriously here, not a great offense, altho Basel would know that I would either have been lying about my role in the first place, or wifoming about my role to confuse the scum team. I don't honestly think town Basel would have thought I had been confused about my role or something.

Vote Rags

Two unviewed players left. I'd rather vote Rags than the person claiming Elena. 

This. Vote Rags.

I guess you could say this counts as reasoning.... sort of. Still, he's done almost zero actual scumhunting posts since he replaced back in, and has either not given any reasoning at all, or has followed onto someone else's. Again, town Basel would have known that he had his work cut out for him in proving his towniness.

Also a good bus move if Rags is scum. If Basel is a GF, he'd have to bus his teammates but not make it obvious so he could last a mislynch or two at endgame.

Think I just committed a ninja-hammer...

Hmmmmm.... he almost seems wary about his ninja-hammer, perhaps because he didn't intend to hammer? Eh might not be anything here.

Woohoo I'm still alive! I didn't submit my last Commute action yet, sweetness. I agree the NK was a poor choice, if they were looking for the Cop why NK a claimed vig?

Yeah Hallia, that character claim means less than nothing to me. You've once again just tried doing everything presented against you, thinking a character claim alone would suffice. You sealed your fate when you failed to bus your teammate yesterday. Should've voted him.

Vote Hallia

And now we wait who knows how long for our other townies to show up and vote. Wonderful.

:dry:

Eh yeah forgot about that character claim.

Unvote, Vote Rags.

Sounds to me more like you've been trying to sweep it under the rug, since you dissed it as soon as she made the claim. Also considering that I've called you out twice on your Hally suspicion despite her claiming the central good guy, and you have yet to say anything on that front.

Meantime, I find myself wondering why Dap died after you softclaimed the ability to commute him, without ever coming right out and saying you could do so. Were you just hinting in an effort to not get tripped up in your own wifom? Where was his so-called protection? Were you roleblocked? Oh yeah, mafia lost their roleblocker. So then how did Dap die?

Des for GF, anyone?

This is probably, no actually it IS, his scummiest post of the game.

First he blatantly misreps me by saying I never said anything about the character claim thing, when I had stated my opinion on the matter SEVERAL times.

Next, he uses the obvious wifom attempt on my part to try and save Dap (it had a very small chance of actually stopping them from killing Dap, but still figured why not) to try and make me look bad. I just don't even know what to say here. I fake like my role gives me protection abilities, which any mafia player worth their salt would have known was me bluffing. He then tries to say that since Dap died and the RB'er is dead, I somehow look worse?!?!

WOW.

Last, he gauges the rest of the players to see if they'd support a lynch on me, instead of saying himself that he thought I was scum or the GF. This is just incredibly scummy. He shouldn't really care what other people think about this matter, if he honestly thought I was the GF, he'd make a case against me, instead of trying to see if someone else would.

Obviscum.

I already addressed the character claim multiple times. I don't think a player should just about EVER be "cleared" by a character claim. Seems stupid and against the point of the game imo. Not only that, but it's gaming the mod somewhat as you don't know if it's a mod-given safe claim.

Green: Omgus suspicion is omgussy.

Blue: Information is key to town winning the game. Hally has given us what info she has. You've withheld info, which is anti-town.

Purple: If the mod gave the main good guy as a safeclaim, I think that'd break the game. Sure, hold a major person back and give them to scum as a safeclaim, but doing so with the star of the show is something I wouldn't expect from any mod. Going back to my earlier Batman example, would you give mafia Batman as a safeclaim in a Batman game?

I don't think theme info is the same kind of info that should normally be used in mafia games. I have said this time and time again. I already addressed the purple part.

Again, more hardcore buddying to Hallia's character claim.

This is just terrible. There is no way I can believe town Basel would be this daft, to think I as scum would ACTUALLY say I had a killing power when I had already claimed Commuter.

This is him trying to cling to ANYTHING he can to try and make me look bad. I mean, he even speculates that I could be a SK with GF ability.

:dry: :dry: :dry:

Yeah.... Ragscum should have his death scene at any moment, and Basel will prob be next. Still think Hallia has been well on her scum meta, but apparently everyone thinks one character claim clears you even tho she has made pretty much no other attempt to show her towniness all game.

If you feel a need to make your alleged "towniness" evident, that's just a sign that you are trying to cover stuff up. The only thing you've made evident so far is that you are an LLL. You lied bout being cop, and now you're lying about being commuter.

I don't feel the need to make my towniness evident, it just comes out when I case and put away bad guys, like I did with Darthe and Ley/Turin.

And omgosh Basel, here's something funny about mafia: Townies can lie too!

:ohmy:

Everything I have done this game, I did so to try and help my team win. Since you replaced back in you've had two votes without reasoning, and a third with almost none. You're hardcore buddying Hallia's character claim, and now you're grasping at straws to try and make me look bad.

You sir, are scum. Get fitted for a noose.

Snow REALLY should have been modkilled by the way Time. It's really unfair to town to let a scum go as inactive as he did just to replace him so late in the game (especially with someone not interested in making his towniness clear to others). Prevents anyone from getting a read on that slot.

What stinks is that there's STILL too many suspects at this point in the game. I put all blame on all townies who have been too disinterested to work towards catching scum or showing their towniness.

If Rags flips GF, we know all the cop clears are good, so last scum is between Hallia and Arez (Arez did ping me a lot more on my last reread).

If Rags flips non-GF scum, we have to try and determine if one of the cop clears is a GF or not.

If Rags flips town, then tomorrow is lylo most likely.

Fwiw, if there's say one mafioso left and one third party, I could see Arez as a third party of some sort. From the sound of things, yall made it seem like his character (Stefan I believe?) could fly off the handle at times, and he could be a SK for asking others if "one of the brothers could be antitown" (which would look like him gauging others to see if they would lynch him in the future). He also claimed vanilla unnecesarily when he character claimed, and voted AJ cause he said he didn't have any abilities so he didn't think his brother would. This is obviously faulty logic on a few diff levels. So either he could have been vanilla at the time and knew he would eventually become an SK under the right conditions (mebbe his brother dying? Hmmmmmmmmmm), or he could have been a SK at the time trying to lay low as a claimed vanilla. Nothing about his game has screamed protown in a long time. Also, making one brother a Vig and the other a SK would make sense to me as far as balancing purposes go, especially with both a doctor and a commuter in the game.

If Rags flips non-GF scum btw, we don't automatically assume that there IS a GF in the game btw, but we do have to strongly consider it and look at the cop clears. It could be Arez/Rags for remaining scum tho, and no GF. Or Basel/Hallia or Basel/Arez..... gah too many suspects still. I am frustrate.

Archived