DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

Okay back to gameplay.

Rags almost lack of a reaction to me revealing my gambit is telling imo. And I hate to use this against her, but Theo now has twice let something slip on thread that I think could have come from a reaction to something said in a QT. First she said I had said enough, now recently she said she felt sorry for not being able to get to play with Turin, which makes it look sorta like he came in on the QT, and she knew he was an experienced player and hoped he could help them, but then realized he was being lynched today anyways.

Hallia's reaction to my gambit seems more like how I would see town Hallia reacting.

So depending on what happens with Snow, and with me still needing to reread a couple of peeps, I'm thinking our last scum could be between Theo and Rags.

How many mafia do you think there are Despo? So far there is Talya/Darthe. You are assuming me I guess(wrong about me again BTW). So if the last one is between Thea and Rags that doesn't seem like enough mafia for this game. Is this a brain fade or do think the mafia is smaller than normal? That sounds a bit like you think there could be another faction of some sort. Mind there is no evidence to support that. It just sounds odd. Maybe is just me still waking up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Turin - that's a deeply elaborate scheme you thought up there. I hate to say it but you are giving me much more credit than what is due lol. True that I shot at the Doc and luck would have it that I was blocked. I'm not looking to give myself excuses and I would've owned up to the kill regardless. I had stated my suspicions of him and as Town I am allowed to be wrong. It's another example of how Vigs can hurt Town as much as help and I admit that with thing being my first game as one I have misplayed it.

@Turin & Aida(I think) - I'm not attempting to play the 'obedient Townie'. Frankly I don't have much time to read or case this weekend so I will likely vote to help achieve a lynch if need be or possibility not at all if I'm unable to.

First, it is not too elaborate of a plan as it morphs along with events. Catch heat. Vig is a pretty good claim for Mafioso. Especially a GF as he will view town. Claimed vigs should always be viewed to determine alignment. You can make up a case on just about anyone on D1 for just about anything. Basel is a reactionary player and will frequently get called out and lynched for overdefensivness(sort of like Ley but without the swearing). You take your team shot since you are already claimed Vig, it is not a problem for you to be seen visiting someone that died. The shot fails. Most likely you were viewed that night and are free to play as townie as you can. Now you claim 1x with a used shot so you are no.longer a threat. Your teammates are making the kills so you can stay out of sight.

The beauty if being fairly new is most would not think that you would try this. However you have teammates that have been around the block. Talya was part of the most famous gambit on the site and Darthe replaced her. Plus there are others here that are more than capable of pulling something like this off.

Being busy is a pain. I know about that. But you seem to be overselling the point that you will follow the town will. Added to the questions I have about your claim, I have you as mafia and thus my vote.

Okay back to gameplay.

Rags almost lack of a reaction to me revealing my gambit is telling imo. And I hate to use this against her, but Theo now has twice let something slip on thread that I think could have come from a reaction to something said in a QT. First she said I had said enough, now recently she said she felt sorry for not being able to get to play with Turin, which makes it look sorta like he came in on the QT, and she knew he was an experienced player and hoped he could help them, but then realized he was being lynched today anyways.

Hallia's reaction to my gambit seems more like how I would see town Hallia reacting.

So depending on what happens with Snow, and with me still needing to reread a couple of peeps, I'm thinking our last scum could be between Theo and Rags.

Not sure what kind of reaction you were expecting, but I saw it, didn't think you were lying so moved on.  I have been busy finishing stuff up before Christmas so have been using the time I have on here to finish up that BT class.  That said, you have no clue how I play, what I'm thinking or anything else, so let's not pretend like anything I do is telling for you.  You'll never be able to read me, it's one of my strengths.

Why hasn't there been a lynch yet? Freaking get a move on people!

And :epiceyeroll: @ Rags. Rags, i can already read you like the back of a shampoo bottle when I'm on the crapper. Don't be so cocky. No one is unreadable.

You have literally no clue how to read me.  Maybe if you could you'd have been a Champion.  Silly peasant, go back to your plow!

Rag, why do you think no one will ever be able to read you?

Because I don't know what I'm gonna do from one day to the next.  I literally make it up as I go.  Some days I throw out multiquotes, makes big cases and push people...some days I sit back, watch and read...some days I #YOLO and shoot Godfathers. 

My Mafia style is like drunken boxing.  It may make no sense while I'm doing it, but it works out in the end.  And it works best on people like Des who are all about the posts and logic behind the game because it bends them over every time. 

The best games I have ever had are when me(who goes off basically gut) and another player(who goes off pure thread) could clear each other and go from there.  I rape scum like they're in the showers of a prison when that happens. 

I did that in TTSS when I killed Cloud and TRIED to hand Csarmi to Des in that game but noooooooooo he had to overthink everything.

Just goes to show how little you can read me Rags- I don't solely go off of logic or stuff on the thread. I use my gut and intuition a good bit as well, and will be a bit random as well many times. Being random doesn't make you unreadable tho. No matter how random you try to act, the human mind is a funny thing, and will often let certain little things slip, even if seemingly inconsequential.

And yet you couldn't read when I handed you Csarmi on a silver platter in the TTSS game.  Seriously...I could not have laid it out any clearer.  And remember...those who say the most usually have the least to say.

Regardless...you will never be able to read me.  No matter how many random words you want to spout off.  short of calling me scum in every game(which some have started doing), you won't be right.

:rolleyes:

Not really any point in continuing this with you. I do think youre scum this game, and unless you prove to me otherwise, I will work to get you lynched.

CS survived as long as he did that game cause other townies seemed scummier, and I didn't think scum would try such an obvious gambit. Wifom didn't stop me or town in the end however.

:rolleyes:

Not really any point in continuing this with you. I do think youre scum this game, and unless you prove to me otherwise, I will work to get you lynched.

CS survived as long as he did that game cause other townies seemed scummier, and I didn't think scum would try such an obvious gambit. Wifom didn't stop me or town in the end however.

I laid it out very clearly...you just got cute and over thought things.  Which is kinda typical of you.

And you can work on that all you want...you'll still be wrong though.  You talk too much and say too little. 

Hehe just thought of something funny- I bet when Rags was young he was that kid who always said the other kid didn't tag him.

"Nuh uh! I have an invisible shield on! You can't read touch me! Neener neener neener!"

Not my fault they never tagged me!  lol

But seriously...you'll never get a good read on me.

Seriously tho, let's lynch Turin already

:dry:

Poor Turin.  that's a terrible situation to get thrown into.  Ley should have been modkilled imo.

Iso Rags + "read" = giggle

I can't be read anyways so it's a waste of time.

Des, you'll never be good enough to read me.  And that's ok.

Okay back to gameplay.

Rags almost lack of a reaction to me revealing my gambit is telling imo.

That said, you have no clue how I play, what I'm thinking or anything else, so let's not pretend like anything I do is telling for you.  You'll never be able to read me, it's one of my strengths.

Why hasn't there been a lynch yet? Freaking get a move on people!

And :epiceyeroll: @ Rags. Rags, i can already read you like the back of a shampoo bottle when I'm on the crapper. Don't be so cocky. No one is unreadable.

You have literally no clue how to read me.  Maybe if you could you'd have been a Champion.  Silly peasant, go back to your plow!

Because I don't know what I'm gonna do from one day to the next.  I literally make it up as I go.  Some days I throw out multiquotes, makes big cases and push people...some days I sit back, watch and read...some days I #YOLO and shoot Godfathers. 

My Mafia style is like drunken boxing.  It may make no sense while I'm doing it, but it works out in the end.  And it works best on people like Des who are all about the posts and logic behind the game because it bends them over every time.

And yet you couldn't read when I handed you Csarmi on a silver platter in the TTSS game.  Seriously...I could not have laid it out any clearer.  And remember...those who say the most usually have the least to say.

Regardless...you will never be able to read me.  No matter how many random words you want to spout off.  short of calling me scum in every game(which some have started doing), you won't be right.

But seriously...you'll never get a good read on me.

So the way I figure it, there's 4 distinct possibilities here:

1. Rags is really a broken record irl that mysteriously learned how to start posting on internet forums
2. Rags is breadcrumbing either being the host of "Reading Rainbow", or being illiterate
3. Rags is possibly the biggest tool in the mafia universe
4. Rags is scum trying his hardest to troll me in order to try and throw me off my game.

All of those are fairly viable options, but given Rags already scummy as heck track record in this game, as well as his reluctance to vote Turin, and I can easily determine it to be the last option. And Rags, if you think trying to throw me off my game will somehow keep your neck out of the noose, I got three words for you:

zjAvsTu.png

Yeahhhhh so the deadline is in 14 hours, and we still haven't secured a lynch, even tho this should have been easy enough to do days ago. Turin is the obvious choice here people. And if you disagree, why aren't you posting to say why?

Golden's last post:

Meh, I rarely drink unless I'm out. I did enough of that at when I was your age and bartending like you. Is it still standard to serve cement mixers to annoying customers? 

4 days ago. He's posted on DM recently. Come on dude.

Arez's last post:

I beg to differ!

photo-thumb-19910.jpg?_r=1352760680photo-thumb-22388.jpg?_r=1387415761photo-thumb-9953.jpg?_r=1357541258

3 days ago.

Mr. Snow's last post:

unvote vote thea

Convinced my manager to let me on break early.

Now NINE days ago. @Time, can you poke or prod some of our players or something? You shouldn't have to, but it's really unfair to the rest of us who are still trying to play this game to let people go this inactive.

Hallia, you've posted recently but haven't really given your thoughts at all on who you'd vote. Can you please say why not? Or even better, just place ANY vote?

Rags, you're scum so Idc. But troll on if it amuses you.

Anyone not voting at this point really just makes me sad. If you didn't intend on playing, you shouldn't have committed to all the other players to play imo. Really a letdown.

It's the holidays so cool it. :laugh:

I keep waking up and expecting to be dead. I will be honest that all the "poor Turin" lines are pinging loudly. I would not be surprised one bit to find mafia with guilty consciences in that group.

I see why people see Ley as likely mafia but I know my alignment and for those expecting a mafia flip I have a quote too... Prepare for disappointment.

AJ is still the leader of my anti town list. His actions have been the worst of everyone in the game.

Mafia snow is often very lurky snow. But he hasn't even been here enough to really catch any heat for anything except being lurky.

Rags, Thea, and Aida are all on the "poor Turin" group so fairly suspicious of them but I don't remembervmuch interaction between them.

Golden did have some back and forth with AJ early on, I think AJ mafia so golden might have been engaged in distancing with AJ there

Despo is Despo which means he isn't to be trusted but I can't see a way to interpret his actions as mafia. Unless you go by the policy of lynch all liars.

I'm forgetting some people. Let me see who and try to give some thoughts about them as well.

I have a general question, I know there is no evidence

to suggest it at this point, but would cult fit this theme?

okay so forgot Hallia, Dap and Arez.

Hallia very much in line with her quiet play. Darthe had some comments on her but I think that was him trying to link with the highest number of players he could. Not much there to base a real opinion on.

Arez is an interesting one. He has been quite flippant in some of his comments. And his claim of the other brother to AJ is something. I am not sure if he thinking he can say anything he wants cause his brother was thought to be the "good" one from what I read on thread. But his snark level has been high and that is a sign of non-town Arez.

Dapdapdap. the jump in to save Despo rings town. But the lovefest between them is troubling. get a room already. the likelihood of him being mafia with Darthe and Despo and this whole thing being a big twofer gambit is a long shot so I think that he must be town,  The only thing troubling was Darthe comment about getting a twofer when Dap said he was gonna case Darthe. still leaning town for him barring a cult.

so standard numbers indicate 4 mafia in a game this size, darthe is dead, I am town. my mafia suspect list is:

AJ: not buying the claim that kept changing to follow circumstances. That is a mafia trick

Arez: snarky gut reaction. plus he was in step with Darthe in the Despo showdown

Snow: vanished. is typical of mafia snow

Golden: back and forth with AJ early game. doesn't feel right

Hallia: mostly invisible. 

Rags: poor Turin, no vote trying to keep hands clean on my mislynch. trolling Despo(maybe that makes him okay)

Thea: a few pingy things and also in the poor Turin group

Aida: the entire early game stuff. third of the poor Turin triangle

Despo: unless recruited is town. If this was huge gambit then they deserve to win...

Dap same as Despo I think

Thank you for those reads Turin. Does make me feel slightly better about you, but still, you pretty much have to be the lynch today. Not because of your actions but because of your predecessor. Poor Turin.

:tongue:

And fwiw, I never finished my last reread, but from what I have covered, Snow and Hallia seem more townie actually. Wish Snow could just get modkilled tho either way, would prevent us from having to use such an extremely outdated read. His reaction to recent events would have been much more helpful. And eh, I actually could see it being possible that Theo could mebbe be town. She has tossed out so many extremely antitown questions and setup speculation, but eh she had some earlier reactions with Ley that make me think they aren't scum together. If Turin DOES flip town, I'd think her definite scum again, but if he flips maf I'd be willing to be open to her "townness".

One person who I was surprised to flip the other way actually was Arez. He actually seems worse to me now than he did before, he had one post in particular that was highly questionable where he asked fans of the show if either brother seemed like they could be mafia, seemed a very strange thing to ask considering he claimed one of the brothers. Other stuff too, but that's all getting ahead of ourselves.

Now. 8 hours left? Something like that. Rags if you're online, please vote Turin. If you do I'll blow a gasket for you and post vid links of me sobbing because of how frustrated that I am that I can't read you. Promise.

:sincere:

It's the holidays so cool it. :laugh:

I keep waking up and expecting to be dead. I will be honest that all the "poor Turin" lines are pinging loudly. I would not be surprised one bit to find mafia with guilty consciences in that group.

I see why people see Ley as likely mafia but I know my alignment and for those expecting a mafia flip I have a quote too... Prepare for disappointment.

AJ is still the leader of my anti town list. His actions have been the worst of everyone in the game.

Mafia snow is often very lurky snow. But he hasn't even been here enough to really catch any heat for anything except being lurky.

Rags, Thea, and Aida are all on the "poor Turin" group so fairly suspicious of them but I don't remembervmuch interaction between them.

Golden did have some back and forth with AJ early on, I think AJ mafia so golden might have been engaged in distancing with AJ there

Despo is Despo which means he isn't to be trusted but I can't see a way to interpret his actions as mafia. Unless you go by the policy of lynch all liars.

I'm forgetting some people. Let me see who and try to give some thoughts about them as well.

I have a general question, I know there is no evidence

to suggest it at this point, but would cult fit this theme?

Turin, some of us still haven't played that much as to lose our good manners into the mafia pot, especially when you are in such a situation and you still post more than half of the regular players. So sorry about expressing my regret for not getting to know you as a player, but it's Christmas :biggrin:

I have not heard of the Cult role until you mention it, but reading about it doesn't make sense to me. If there was a cult, it would be the vampires (they bite and "recruit" in the folklore, this is their role in general) but one of the "good vampires" in the series was killed Caroline and she was Town Vanilla. The other killed was a warewolf and he was town vanilla. There are the vampire hunters elite clique called The 5 and this could be present in this game but judging on the initial oppening scene in this thread, this happens way after and I just can't see it. You could all google Brotherhood of the Five and maybe come up with different ideas but I just can't see it with this setting of the game. Otherwise, the character's name would be Connor Jordan I think, next was Elena's brother Jeremy but this comes now in the fanfic area to me :laugh: But only Time knows at this stage.

Archived