DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's also worth noting that cloud poped up after the case against him, but would have thought he had time to catch up by now.

I noticed that as well. 

This is very slow, I haven't been able to get on until now from last night and a page! wow! 

So these are the top people being voted at the moment. what are peoples views on these players?

Pralaya (2): NotBob, RTE

Dice (2): Csarmi, Talya

RTE (2):  Lenlo, Cloud

Cloud (2): Pralaya, Ley

I will start.

Pral: I don't think Pral has said that much still, although I did like his post on Cloud. I voted for him to get him posting, rather than thinking he was scum. He is probably the lowest on my list of these 4. however I would still like to hear more about other people than just Cloud

Dice: he has made comments throughout the game (though still a low poster) but I don't think I have seen any good quality scum hunting posts from him. I know he is a low poster, but his posts still give me the feeling he is hiding under the radar. He was quick to condemn the Pral vote as quick lynch, I think he was trying to push for that but instead it came back on him. 

RTE: There was a comment on day 1 about Ley's defensiveness, he said he was getting a town vibe from him, and then Ley claimed cop, looked like buddying to me. He has talked a lot about modkilling etc, this in itself doesn't prove anything in my eyes. (Is it me or are they a few people in this game that keep telling everyone how to post and things we shouldn't say - just seems worse than normal). Back to RTE, it was his vote on Pral which seemed very opportune to me. He then later says that he thought that Pral was scummy. infact when he voted for him he said that he wouldn't get replaced and just modkilled. Very odd statement, added to the fact he is now saying he thought Pral was scummy all along. Why not just admit he voted for him to get him to post, if that was the real reason. that is grating

Cloud: Didn't like his voting on day one after Pral produced his findings. He has explained that and it wasn't a bad explanation, I still feel it may have been because he knew Basel was town and believed he was VT - you might think someone is Town, but would you assume he was VT (I know that acronym :smile: ). He then said he is usually one of the "Most vocal players" (his words). Then says he was out at the weekend. Fair point about the weekend, but that doesn't explain last week. Still on only 18 posts, so to me he still feels like another trying to slip under the radar, this time by not posting as much and not being as vocal.

Dice and RTE are coming across as most summy to be at present, Cloud is behind them followed by Pral. 

I think RTE's last post makes him pop up above Dice now:

UNVOTE

VOTE RTE

Ley, your point that there were plenty of other people to look at is just what I am saying. Say you think player X and player Y are both possible mafia. X pings more but comes out with a "can't be viewed" claim. Which one you more likely to pick now? I would think Y. Mafia lives another day. That is their mission. To stay alive. By any means necessary.

RTE, can you say anything that doesn't ping? No wonder you got lynched already :laugh:

I didn't really think of one player to be more scummy than another though.

And talking about that, I think it's a good moment to tell you guys that I viewed RTE. I got a town read on him, but I myself am doubting if he may not be the Godfather. Either way, with only 26 hours and 25 minutes to the deadline, and his train being the (in my eyes) most likely one to become a lynch, I would ask you guys to wait at least one or two days. I feel like I've been a better townie since the pressure of maybe getting lynched got off me after my claim, and that might be the same for RTE. If his play doesn't improve without an imminent lynch (I know RTE as a pretty defensive player too btw), then I propose we lynch him anyways, but for now I think it's better to let him go for one or two days. Same for Pral (the only reason he has votes is because he was inactive, so pretty much nothing left there), which leaves Dice, Could and Csarmi I suppose. I feel best about Cloud or Csarmi.

Lynching a town read makes no sense at this point of the game. We don't know if there's a godfather and even if there was one, he would be much more likely to be town anyway.

@Ley - feel best about Cloud or Csarmi = you would want to lynch Cloud or Me. Or the opposite?

I would want to lynch you or Cloud. Sorry for not being clear about that. About the godfather by the way, I do believe they're often put in just to lessen the cops power, and if I remember correctly, it's a basic mafia role. But again, I'm not sure, of course. He is, as you said too, far more likely to be town.

Now that you mention it...

I expected the mafia to either block me or kill me (in which case I hoped the Doc would defend me), but apparently they did neither... Maybe they don't have a roleblocker? To be honest I can't think of any other reason for them to not do anything about me...

Weird. And stupid that I didn't realize it myself.

Vote count

Talya (1): Via

Dice (1): Csarmi

Csarmi (1): Turin 

RTE (3):  Lenlo, Cloud, Talya

Not voting: Dice,  Ed,  Des

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is Wednesday 9 PM CET. That is in 25 hours and 40 minutes.

I liked the few posts Pral has made. I hope he keeps up the activity. Leaning town for now.

I think I just cased Dice. Let's kill this wolf.

No idea about Cloud. Don't remember his play very much. Which is weird even though I'm tired.

Lay says he read RTE as town. That still don't make me like his posts tho.

Sorry for being so brief, got two other games to try and catch up, focusing on those now.

@RTE - when you are in normal DM mode (not mobile)

1) go to the top right corner

2) do not enter ANYTHING into the search field there, but click on the seach icon (next to "this topic")

3) you get an advanced search restricted to this topic. fill the fields like it make sense, ie: author name you wanna ISO in the author field, display results as posts, also i suggest sorting in ascending order

4) you can enter fancy things like time intervals, search words, etc for a more precise search but thats all there is to it really

Lynching a town read makes no sense at this point of the game. We don't know if there's a godfather and even if there was one, he would be much more likely to be town anyway.

@Ley - feel best about Cloud or Csarmi = you would want to lynch Cloud or Me. Or the opposite?

Do you mean that a godfather is more likely to be town, because that's how it read? If so the role of godfather is a mafia role not a town one. 

I have no reason not to believe Ley, at this moment...

UNVOTE

VOTE DICE

@Talya - no I'm suggesting that a player who was viewed as town is much more likely to be town than to be godfather.

The player viewed can still be any of the town team (number of the "good" cases doesn't change), but it can only be one member of the scum team (so the number of "bad" cases drops to 1).

Before the view the player in question should have had 9/13 chance to be town.

After the view that probability has risen to 9/10 (or maybe 9/9 if no GF in the game).

[this all assumes that the game started with 11 town and 4 maffia players, but the actual numbers don't really matter, the principle is the same]

just wanted to post the VC at the time of the following post

Vote count

Csarmi (1): Turin 

RTE (2):  Lenlo, Clloud

Not voting: Dice,  Ed,  Des

Deadline is Wednesday 9 PM CET. That is in 34 hours and 42 minutes. 

I think it's also worth noting that cloud poped up after the case against him, but would have thought he had time to catch up by now.

I noticed that as well. 

This is very slow, I haven't been able to get on until now from last night and a page! wow! 

So these are the top people being voted at the moment. what are peoples views on these players?

I will start.

Pral: I don't think Pral has said that much still, although I did like his post on Cloud. I voted for him to get him posting, rather than thinking he was scum. He is probably the lowest on my list of these 4. however I would still like to hear more about other people than just Cloud

Dice: he has made comments throughout the game (though still a low poster) but I don't think I have seen any good quality scum hunting posts from him. I know he is a low poster, but his posts still give me the feeling he is hiding under the radar. He was quick to condemn the Pral vote as quick lynch, I think he was trying to push for that but instead it came back on him. 

RTE: There was a comment on day 1 about Ley's defensiveness, he said he was getting a town vibe from him, and then Ley claimed cop, looked like buddying to me. He has talked a lot about modkilling etc, this in itself doesn't prove anything in my eyes. (Is it me or are they a few people in this game that keep telling everyone how to post and things we shouldn't say - just seems worse than normal). Back to RTE, it was his vote on Pral which seemed very opportune to me. He then later says that he thought that Pral was scummy. infact when he voted for him he said that he wouldn't get replaced and just modkilled. Very odd statement, added to the fact he is now saying he thought Pral was scummy all along. Why not just admit he voted for him to get him to post, if that was the real reason. that is grating

Cloud: Didn't like his voting on day one after Pral produced his findings. He has explained that and it wasn't a bad explanation, I still feel it may have been because he knew Basel was town and believed he was VT - you might think someone is Town, but would you assume he was VT (I know that acronym :smile: ). He then said he is usually one of the "Most vocal players" (his words). Then says he was out at the weekend. Fair point about the weekend, but that doesn't explain last week. Still on only 18 posts, so to me he still feels like another trying to slip under the radar, this time by not posting as much and not being as vocal.

Dice and RTE are coming across as most summy to be at present, Cloud is behind them followed by Pral. 

I think RTE's last post makes him pop up above Dice now:

UNVOTE

VOTE RTE

All of the people in your group are at 2 votes. You and Csarmi were at 1 vote each at the time. I can see that you would not need to say anything about yourself as you would just say that you know you are town. Why leave Csarmi out of it? at this point one vote or two is not much difference. 

What do you think of Csarmi?

As to the others:

RTE: viewed town by the claimed cop. So I will step back from him for now.

Pral: biggest knock against him is he has been quiet. He says he is trying to catch up now so I will give him some time. 

Dice: has also been quiet and has said a few odd things. I find this happens too frequently with dice. I remember a game that he was town and kept putting his foot in his mouth. I believed his claim based on info I had and had to work hard to keep him alive. That said I don't have any special info this game so he looks more suspicious as the game has gone on.

Cloud: I can see Cloud believing that someone would be VT if thinking they are town. As I have been consistent about my belief that in this Basic game there will not be a lot of Power Roles out there so chances are if someone is town they are vanilla. The voting thing didn't really stand out to me. In fact I'm trying to think of anything that has stood out to me in regard to Cloud. I don't know how I feel about that.

Talya: I don't like the above list leaving yourself and Csarmi off. there seems to be a few times when you have looked to be working together. He is my strongest mafia read right now. The fact that you and him are the two you left off makes me more suspicious.

Csarmi: You ping me more and more. the comments about the RB and the cheerleading of a lynch both strike me as off. maybe it is just me. The Cindy claim doesn't make me any more comfortable with you. personally I would kind of not expect Cindy to be in the game. but that is sort of gaming the mod so I will not advocate based on that. 

Ed and Despo... please come out and gives us your thoughts for this day and also maybe a vote?

@ csarmi - that maths did my head in this morning, but I think I have a migraine coming so I won't even concentrate.

@ Turin - I only picked those that had two votes, You can say what you think about others, they were the top 4 at the time, there also was not much talk about the two of us as others, so I wanted to see where people stood on those 4. 

As for what I think about csarmi - he plays erratically, he has jumped his vote a few times, especially on day one, but then that is how he played in the game I just modded to. At the moment he swings from being mafia to town. I don't like that in someone, but not something I would put out there as a lynch for now. he is also arrogant in his play and that is annoying, doesn't make him mafia.  His last post is a good example of this. however he does scumhunt, unlike a lot of other people. So he is not at the top of my list. As csarmi's claim, possible, not sure about the scared bit at the beginning, but that maybe a game mechanic. I actually think cindy would be in the game, she is a prolific poster and keeps things going around here, but as you say that is gaming the Mod and she did say people were chosen randomly, unless the mod is a lying liar who lies, lol. So who knows, I think claiming a name is pointless for now.

Where is everyone again. it's just over 12 hours to a lynch and most people have been missing for the last couple of days. 

@Talya, no maths needed just basic common sense. Someone being viewed as town is an information that makes the likelihood of them being town ruse by a lot. It's also a potential clear, all we have to do is lynch the godfather (if it exists) and we'd have that viewing gold.

As for speculating on who may or may not be in the game, well I don't think that helps town.

will try and be online again on my phone before deadline, but it might be a bit tight for when I will get home from work to get back on the pc.

for now I'm going to vote cloud

his explanation re his voting pattern didn't sell me so much.

Vote count

Dice (1): Csarmi

Csarmi (3): Turin, Dice, Ley

Cloud (1): Pralaya, 

Dice (1): Talya

Not voting:   Ed,  Des

Deadline is Wednesday 9 PM CET. That is in 25 hours and 40 minutes.

Archived