DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any questions about why I live in Savannah?

U4ea

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*smiles and hugs Silver*

Alright, I promise, when my book book tour comes up, I'm coming to BC just to visit you. So, you damned well better come to my book signing and meet me for dinner and stuff. If I have to get across the border, *laughs* the least you can do is say hello!

Okay, he was right. I was Army. AIT - Advanced Individual Training. (Sorry, militaryeese is second nature anymore. ;) )

And as for Germany, I was there from December '01 to July '02. *sigh* It was just starting to warm up really good over there when we left, and went to the nice wonderful humid South, aka North Carolina.

I was almost six months pregnant when I flew over there, within a week of my no-fly-date. My husband's commander was a real b****. And flying from Germany to the US with a three month old is no fun, believe me.

Okay' date=' he was right. I was Army. AIT - Advanced Individual Training. (Sorry, militaryeese is second nature anymore. ;) )

And as for Germany, I was there from December '01 to July '02. *sigh* It was just starting to warm up really good over there when we left, and went to the nice wonderful humid South, aka North Carolina.[/quote']

Hmmm I think we were there then... I'm so bad with dates... LOL.

I was almost six months pregnant when I flew over there' date=' within a week of my no-fly-date. My husband's commander was a real b****. And flying from Germany to the US with a three month old is no fun, believe me.[/quote']

Ugh, bummer about that flight. :( We flew from Germany to Dover on a military flight to just come visit family one year. William was about 5 months. I couldn't believe he slept pretty much the entire way there in one of the cargo planes (where we had to band-aid air plugs into his ears... lol). We were lucky. The way back, he was up more, but I don't remember it being too bad surprisingly.

Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I feared, but changing a wiggling three month old in an airplane bathroom is never any fun. We hit bad turbulance for about an hour during the flight too. Luckily we were on a civilian flight, though, so we were on a 777.

I just thanked my lucky star that there wasn't a really bad mess to clean up. (All of you parents out there know what I mean.) And it took an awfully good grip, trying to make sure she didn't bump her head on the wall while I tried to change her.

*shakes her head* I don't even want to contemplate changing diapers on a plane.

*looks around* Ummm...out of curiosity, when are you supposed to suspect flight travel while pregnant? Six Months?

*eyes Kia*

*eyes Dana*

Ooo, that's gunna be close...

*counts on her fingers*

*eyes the calendar*

If my luck holds, *crosses her fingers* I'll be 5 by W-day...*chews her lip* You're gunna have a preggers bride's maid, babe, I hope you've considered that... *laughs*

Well, the military won't put you on a plane during the third trimester at all. But unless you are having complications you should be fine to fly up until about your 8th month, though it's not usually recommended it won't hurt you any. :)

But if you're in say your 6-7th month you're good to go unless your doctor says otherwise. Bottom line, check with your doctor first. :)

*laughs* not yet.

But remember my to do list...

job... CHECK

house...CHECK

baby... <--- nothing else in front of it!!! If I'm not pregnant by October, there'll be a lawyer involved... *mutters*

Archived