DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any questions about why I live in Savannah?

U4ea

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? *tilts head* I wasn't even thinking brown..figured one of the more active ajah's hmmm..Ok then you come up with a general discussion question we can all jump in on...*sigh* gates and balefire theories perhaps? *grins* been thinking about that..

*tucks toes under Steelie's legs and keeps crocheting*

why don't you write it out so other's can jump in?

hmm lets see my balefire theory *thinks for a little bit* ah yes the one with gateways. Ok what if when someone was firing balefire at you you opened a gateway between you and them. Would this be a possible way to shield against balefire by redirecting it to another location. The timing would be really hard but lets not debate that now.

wait..that's different..*pokes steelie with crochet hook* but thats ok...

Hmmm it should be..because the balefire would go through the gateway which is occupying a different space or opening up a space not there before...but then we get into what it would do to the castor of the weave if the balefire hit the gate itself...

hmm I should find them and post them...they are restrictive, but have loopholes...and it does hold them to certain standards..remember Siun talking to Egwene about it in Salidar? I will look that up..

*grins, and grabs some popcorn, tossing it and catcing on her tongue*

Good stuff hon...

I'll stick with talking about the rule about telling a lie right now, since it is the best known and most used oath. Everyone knows an Aes'sedai cant tell a lie. But everyone also knows that the truth you hear is not the truth they speak. This causes an enormous amount of distrust for anything an Aes'sedai says. They have been trained to work around their oath so everything they say is unclear to hide the truth. I believe this leads to less trust for them then if they had no oath about telling no lie.

First and foremost..nowhere is it ever stated that they are trained to work around this oath..it is an assumption that they are and that they even do...

The other thing is that..what if they are using people's general deafness..it is not an Aes Sedai's fault if people do not listen...and the oath says nothing about lies of omission only of commission...and people always want to believe that those in power or position are lying if they do or not..so they are mistrusted even without reason.

Archived