DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Despothera's House of the Undead Mafia Signups!!! (Advanced/Experimental)

hazelkrs1

despodeadmafia_zps97acc6d5.gif

Alright so I'm not going to lie: I'm pretty friggin excited for this. This is actually the very first game that I have ever modded, and I knew there was no way I'd have it anywhere else but in my first home on DM: The Black Tower. I really hope anyone that signs up ends up enjoying themselves, and I welcome and encourage any tips or criticisms you might have as I try to take on this project.

Let me go ahead and get one thing out of the way: I did turn out to be pretty ambitious in the design for my first ever modded game, and as such it can definitely be considered somewhat experimental. I did get it checked for balance, so hopefully it won't blow up in my face, but you can expect some things to work slightly different than how they would in other mafia games.

Alright alright, enough blabbing. Here's the rules:

1. Do not quote, screenshot, or in any other way show any part of a private conversation I have with you, including role pm's, QT's, or hypnotic messages sent through your dreams. You may lie or paraphrase about it however.

2. You may not edit your posts.

3. This is a hammer game. When the hammer vote is cast, no more votes or unvotes are counted.

4. You must Unvote before you can vote again. Votes and Unvotes must be bold and red. The code for people on mobile devices is right here:
[b][color=red]Vote Player X[/b][/color]
5. Please send any Night Actions to me in your role pm. If you want to ask a question to me specifically, about your role or anything, feel free to do so, either in the role pm or on thread. I can't guarantee your questions will be answered, but it never hurts to ask, right? :wink:

6. Except for the first Day, Day Phases will last 48 hours, and Night Phases will last 24 hours. If a deadline falls on a weekend, I will grant a 24 hour reprieve.

7. If no majority is reached before deadline, I will randomly Modkill a player and will not give a coroner report. If this happens more than once, the consequences may grow more severe...

8. Do not discuss the game except on a designated QT or the game thread.

9. Self votes and No Lynch votes are allowed.

10. One "Bah" post is allowed, and that's it! No game related info of any kind can be contained in this post, really the only thing I'm cool with is something along the lines of "Bah. Go Team X". Breaking this rule will carry severe consequences for your team (yeah, just go ahead and expect a Modkill).

11. Try to stay active. You don't have to go spam crazy, but a general rule of thumb is to post at least 3 game related posts per day phase. However, if I feel activity is waning, it is at my discretion to poke the more inactive players, or start looking for replacements or possible modkills. I understand that stuf can come up however, so please let me know if there's anything that might prevent you from being active for a bit, so that I can let the thread know. Please do not be dishonest when doing so.

12. Mod's word is law. If I feel it necessary to step in to resolve a manner, I expect complete obedience in whatever edicts I may decree.

13. This is a friendly game and should be treated as such. Try to keep stuff from getting too personal, and conversely try to keep from letting things bother you too much. Anything said on the game thread should be considered game play, so a little thick skin might be necessary. I understand tempers can flare at times, but just keep in mind that one another can disagree and still be civil towards one another. If you ever feel someone stepped over the line, please let me know by pm, and I'll do my best to try and resolve the situation.

14. Q-Bert.

15. Just as a forewarning: Some of my scenes might contain partial clues or hints as to game events, some might be mostly or all flavor. It could be a good idea to read them, but then again it might be a bad idea to try and overanalyze them too much. Basically, game the mod at your own discretion.

Player List:

1. Ithi
2. Turin
3. Peace
4. Tiinker
5. Mish
6. Wombat
7. Berf
8. Rorschach
9. Basel
10. Maw
11. Hallia
12. Darthe
13. Yates
14. Dice
15. Cloud
16. Ed
17. RTE
18. BG
19. Leyrann

Btw, two important disclaimers: Some have thought because of the incredibly misleading title and image that this game is themed around the game "House of the Dead". It is not specifically themed around that. It is however awesome, so don't let that discourage you.

Second thing is that, for anyone who doesn't know me that well, I work third shift so my hours are a little wonky compared to most. I will prob be obsessively watching this game as often as I can however, so I should be able to get VC's in pretty regularly and answer any questions. Just keep this in mind for when I AM sleeping during the day like the Vampire Zombie Werewolf Rockstar that I am.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know I'm in.

Sweet! You shall be the Town Emo: Your role is to consistently whine about how you wish you were as good of a player as Despothera

:tongue:

Ditto

Hooray! Good start to my signups so far

:biggrin:

you know I'm in.

Sweet! You shall be the Town Emo: Your role is to consistently whine about how you wish you were as good of a player as Despothera

The days are too shot..how the hell you expect us to play with these short days.  And..my role isn't strong enough..how am I supposed to be super mafia player is my role sux?  Seriously...what with the unbalanced set up..it sux. 

you know I'm in.

The days are too shot..how the hell you expect us to play with these short days. And..my role isn't strong enough..how am I supposed to be super mafia player is my role sux? Seriously...what with the unbalanced set up..it sux.

Is this because the usual Non Specific Alignment Emo is Modding the Game?

:laugh:

I've never played it lol. I didn't even know it was a *sings* SEGA *end singing* game.

1st scary game I remember playing was The 7th Guest and I also played some zombie thing in a lab ... Resident evil?

I want a samurai sword too. To kill most evil undead things it is best to cut off their head.

Okay okay I feel a little bad, but unfortunately I must correct a slight misconception: as awesome as this game is, it is not really based on the "The House of the Dead" series, at least not specifically. There still might be a huge zombie baby however (me :tongue:).

The title of the game is more of a play on words sorta. Anyways, I promise it will still be fun however, and seeing how there is a high demand for crossbows certain... concessions might be in order.

*hands out crossbows and kitanas to everyone*

Okay now play nice, and try not to poke any eyes out, while we wait for more volunteers

:baalzamon:

One more thing, for any who don't know me all that well, I work third shift so I'm on at kinda funky hours. I still expect to be obsessed with this game however, so I'll try to do vote counts as often as possible, just keep that in mind if I'm asleep (usually during the day, like a true vampire werewolf zombie rockstar)

How can I miss a Des game? :wub: Considering the players you need I guess it won't start before the beginning of next week at least, that should suit me fine.

:biggrin:

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if this game took just a little bit longer to start, to give me some more time to die in the other games I'm in :tongue:

Archived