DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Butchers Bill (Full Spoilers)

Barid Bel Medar

Just because she is a bad guy it doesn't mean she doesn't tell the truth from time to time.  Since her whole reasoning behind her plot to kill Moirane and Nyneve at the sealing was to get back into the Dark One's favor, I see no reason to believe that she was lying to Perrin here.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have missed it but is there any conformation on Leane Sedai's fate? I know she was captured by the Sharans during the first apperance but I don't know that I read about anything else happening to her. Speaking of, what about Lelaine, with Romanda gone, I couldn't believe she'd stand for anyone else being raised to the Seat if she survived.

I may have missed it but is there any conformation on Leane Sedai's fate? I know she was captured by the Sharans during the first apperance but I don't know that I read about anything else happening to her. 

She has a PoV right after Egwene's death.

My hope is the encyclopedia will reveal the fates of characters. It kind of bothers me not knowing the fates of guys like Harnan, Vanin, Amys, other clan leaders, Uno, etc.

My guess was that Harnan and Vanin were the two "guards that I trust" that Birgitte set over Olver when she sent him away from Elayne to hide the Horn.

I have to say, the scene where Harnon and Vanin appeared on either side of Faile was both a complete surprise and totally cool. IMHO, one of the best "gotchas" of the book. I was shocked when  it was revealed that they were darkfriends..I hated it.I loved how they were laughing in the midst of fighting off the trollocs...Simply a great scene. For that reason, I totlally agree that they would be great guardians for  Olver, but how would Birgitte know them?

tud

Actually, in one of her conversations with Perrin, Lanfear says, "I am no longer one of the chosen."

Lanfear is a great resource for truth in the series isn't she......

If the Dark One had removed her station, he would have removed her entirely by breaking her mind trap

Just because she is a bad guy it doesn't mean she doesn't tell the truth from time to time.  Since her whole reasoning behind her plot to kill Moirane and Nyneve at the sealing was to get back into the Dark One's favor, I see no reason to believe that she was lying to Perrin here.

Lanfear's power and skill was still considerable and she had some skills in T'A'R', so it would have been foolish for the DO to completely get rid of her. She may not be a Chosen, but she still was a useful tool to the DO.

If she was lying to Perrin, I think he would have been able to "smell" the lie.

I have to say, the scene where Harnon and Vanin appeared on either side of Faile was both a complete surprise and totally cool. IMHO, one of the best "gotchas" of the book. I was shocked when  it was revealed that they were darkfriends..I hated it.I loved how they were laughing in the midst of fighting off the trollocs...Simply a great scene. For that reason, I totlally agree that they would be great guardians for  Olver, but how would Birgitte know them?

tud

I was assuming that in the time the Band of the Red Hand stayed in Caemlyn it was Birgitte's job to keep up with all the "mercenaries", so I'm sure she had time to get to know Mat's men.  Plus whenever Birgitte went out drinking with Mat (and I'm sure there were some off screen times as well as those described in the books) she would have had time to decide that she trusted most men from that group.  They were her type men, after all.   Plus as Noal was a fellow Hero, he could have given the suggestion.  

tud

Birgette knew them from traveling with them to Ebou Dar and from their mutual time staying there.  She would have known they would have been a couple of Olver's "uncles."

Oh, the more I think about this, the happier I get because I would hate to think that Vanin and Harnan died in that horrible trolloc camp.

Not sure if she was mentioned - but annah - that random happy messenger that Mat sent off who got squashed by a raken falling from the sky? Had a wee chuckle to that. Don't think she was ever mentioned in any books prior to that. Just a little cameo. I can't find it in the book at the moment though, just spent 20 minutes flicking through UGH!

OK, so I brought this topic up to Harriet and Brandon earlier this evening and you'll be happy to know that they both feel it is something they would like to include in the encyclopedia. He mentioned that RJ actually did specify the fate of most characters, at the very least whether they lived or died. So, per his request, I will be compiling a list of people we want to know the status of post LB. I'm going to go through this thread, come up with some on my own and would love to hear back from any of you who can think of more people whose fates you'd like answers to. Just go ahead and keep adding people here.

OK, so I brought this topic up to Harriet and Brandon earlier this evening and you'll be happy to know that they both feel it is something they would like to include in the encyclopedia. He mentioned that RJ actually did specify the fate of most characters, at the very least whether they lived or died. So, per his request, I will be compiling a list of people we want to know the status of post LB. I'm going to go through this thread, come up with some on my own and would love to hear back from any of you who can think of more people whose fates you'd like answers to. Just go ahead and keep adding people here.

Elyas and hopper's eternal soul

OK, so I brought this topic up to Harriet and Brandon earlier this evening and you'll be happy to know that they both feel it is something they would like to include in the encyclopedia. He mentioned that RJ actually did specify the fate of most characters, at the very least whether they lived or died. So, per his request, I will be compiling a list of people we want to know the status of post LB. I'm going to go through this thread, come up with some on my own and would love to hear back from any of you who can think of more people whose fates you'd like answers to. Just go ahead and keep adding people here.

The question we all want to know, but nobody dares to ask: what happened to Valan Luca? The fates of the other 2999 named characters would be nice, too.

The question we all want to know, but nobody dares to ask: what happened to Valan Luca? The fates of the other 2999 named characters would be nice, too.

Come on sleeping. You know Luca was the one true dragon. His absence only confirms that he was pulling the strings. Just ask Felix, he'll break it down for you.

It is very sad that Hopper had the distinction of being the lone character to be permanently obliterated from the Pattern. The other characters will be reborn and the DO will continue to plague future ages (when they dig a new bore at some point). It was not really The Last Battle for everyone else. But it was the last battle for Hopper.

*Other wolves also died the last death. But they weren't really developed into "characters" like Hopper.

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody!

It is my first post here; I just finished "A Memory of Light". I am really worried about whether some minor chars survived or not.

@hunter:

While I am mostly interested in cultures and personalities of Aes Sedai, I would like to know, if some of the following better known Aes Sedai survived...

- of the Green Ajah besides Cadsuane and Rubinde (Seonid Traighan, Myrelle Berengasi, Joline Maza, Adelorna Bastine, Bera Harkin)

- of the Red Ajah besides Pevara (Silviana Brehon, Teslyn Baradon, Tsutama Rath, Barasine)

- of the Blue Ajah besides Lyrelle and Moiraine (Lelaine Akatschi, Rafela Cindal)

- of the Grey Ajah besides Yukiri (Merilille Cerandevin, Merana Ambrey, Beonin Marinye, Andaya Forae)

- of the Brown Ajah besides Saerin (Masuri Sokawa, Janya Frende, Takima, Bennae Nalsad, Morvrin).

- Are there any prominent survivors of the White Ajah (maybe Seaine Herimon, Brendas or Ferane Neheran)?

Does the Yellow Ajah has further prominent losses than Romanda and Doesine (Corele Hovian, Nisao Dachen, Samitsu Tomagowa)? I guess, this will be now the much biggest Ajah.

What's with the most prominent warders as Sleete, Fen and Blaeric, Wynter and Furen?

Besides the fate of  Aes Sedai I would love to know if...

- Agelmar Jagad,

- Charlz Guybon,

- Dain Bornhald,

- Melaine,

- Edarra,

- Mandevwin survived?

What's up with darkfriend Weiramon and are there Black Ajah besides Alviarin and Rianna still alive (maybe Dagdara Finchey, Marrilin Gemalphin or Nacelle)?

Hello everybody!

It is my first post here; I just finished "A Memory of Light". I am really worried about whether some minor chars survived or not.

@hunter:

While I am mostly interested in cultures and personalities of Aes Sedai, I would like to know, if some of the following better known Aes Sedai survived...

- of the Green Ajah besides Cadsuane and Rubinde (Seonid Traighan, Myrelle Berengasi, Joline Maza, Adelorna Bastine, Bera Harkin)

- of the Red Ajah besides Pevara (Silviana Brehon, Teslyn Baradon, Tsutama Rath, Barasine)

- of the Blue Ajah besides Lyrelle and Moiraine (Lelaine Akatschi, Rafela Cindal)

- of the Grey Ajah besides Yukiri (Merilille Cerandevin, Merana Ambrey, Beonin Marinye, Andaya Forae)

- of the Brown Ajah besides Saerin (Masuri Sokawa, Janya Frende, Takima, Bennae Nalsad, Morvrin).

- Are there any prominent survivors of the White Ajah (maybe Seaine Herimon, Brendas or Ferane Neheran)?

Does the Yellow Ajah has further prominent losses than Romanda and Doesine (Corele Hovian, Nisao Dachen, Samitsu Tomagowa)? I guess, this will be now the much biggest Ajah.

What's with the most prominent warders as Sleete, Fen and Blaeric, Wynter and Furen?

Besides the fate of  Aes Sedai I would love to know if...

- Agelmar Jagad,

- Charlz Guybon,

- Dain Bornhald,

- Melaine,

- Edarra,

- Mandevwin survived?

What's up with darkfriend Weiramon and are there Black Ajah besides Alviarin and Rianna still alive (maybe Dagdara Finchey, Marrilin Gemalphin or Nacelle)?

I only only even recognized, like, 1 out of 5 names you put in parentheses...

Archived