DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, this train is building too fast and I don't really like this reasoning.  The comments he made along with the self vote were weird yes, but not necessarily scummy.

Great, now we have 8 votes.  Then someone is going to bring up the deadline, and we are going to end up lynching Thorum.  I honestly don't see a legitimate case against him based off of his recent posts.

I'm wary of anyone who says they didn't see any legitimate case against Thorum, to be honest.  Now that he's claimed, and has a way of vetting the claim, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but there was enough there to warrant votes.  *also eyes Lolguy*

Unvote

Have to run to work, but I'll be home before deadline.  If I can get in on my phone during lunch or break I'll check in to see who Thorum went for.  I'm assuming he'll have to submit the kill before we achieve a lynch.  Either Rand or Marsh would be my pick.

Scheveningen

Also, my post about voting Thorum was a failed attempt to catch someone who would eagerly vote me.

unvote

Says Scheveningen early.  On the face of it this looks good, but it may actually not be.  If the mafia has a silvertongue, they probably would have known my play was a ploy (as my role would be too similar to LD) and to say Scheveningen without hesitation.

See the thing is that Darthe is off his town meta as well as his mafia meta.  I personally think like Kaylee just said is that he is trying to pull something, and I am leaning towards vanilla town for him.

Outing vanilla reads is anti-town.  It narrows the pool mafia shoot into for power roles.  This is as bad as rolefishing.

Woah, lot of stuff going on.  OK first of all, for Leyrann, http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Voodoo_Lady

However, I highly doubt that that role is in this game, and even if it was, the word that Wombat picked would be a horrible choice.  Not only that, but the word that he has and its background seems pro-town if I read that correctly.  Really not liking the refusal to do this, even if something bad happens to you, then we can get Wombat, so not seeing a down side to saying whatever the word was, schenvingen or something like that.  Anyways, as I pointed out, if Darthe is off all of his meta completely by a lot, then he is most likely trying something new, which points to vanilla town for him.  I don't really find anything so suspicious.  So in conclusion, vote Leyrann

Hey guys, I highly doubt this role is in the game but I'm gonna link it anyways just to scare the power roles so that they won't say the shibboleth and so that the mafia will know who they are.

Yeah, thats a fairly obvious inconsitency with BB over there, plus her constant refusal to say the word is really annoying.  I'm thinking she's our best bet.  unvote vote BB

Keeping an FoS on Ley, it could be just stubbornness, but the quick change when if you clicked on the link a reason had already been given.  Don't like it at all. 

Pushes BB for being reluctant to say Scheveningen after he linked the Voodoo Lady role.

Your welcome

Wombat

Ithi

Thorum - It seemed like a quote of Wombat that went wrong though

Maw

RTE

Turin

RandA lThor 

Thorum – Says it now on purpose

BG

Lenlo – Says he still doesn’t trust it though

Lolguy

Rand – Says it again in response to Turin

Starrik

Time

Kaylee

Tress

Despo

John Snow

Tina

Leyrann – Wanted a direct reason stated

Starts making a list of who has said the shibboleth in order to look town but maybe he knows that it won't help find mafia but power roles.

So Wombat is most likely the LD then, and he probably has to have people say the shenvingen word or whatever it is.  Darthe claiming rubber tongue seems legit, since I have never heard of that before, doesn't seem like a common fake claim at all.  I'm going to point out the big thing that no one has done yet which is we have 3 claimed power roles in the open, well 2 claimed, and one pretty much known.  Doctor is going to be in bad odds here.  Either mafia wants to get a sure kill here and go with someone else, or they decide to be risky and go with the PRs.  I urge the doc to WIFOM it as that gives mafia less chance of achieving a hit.  Also if there are any roles such as watchers, voyeurs, jailkeepers, or so on that can help protect people, please use it on those 3.  We are in a really bad situation right now.

That being said I honestly believe Darthe is town.  He is smart enough that he wouldn't attract so much attention to himself if he truly was maf.  Therefore the largest train we have that I find even the least bit favorable is 1 vote, which means to me that I have a freedom of voting right now, can always switch back if necessary, but i honestly don't like the darthe train at all.  Seems to me like overeager mafia trying to get onto a lynch.  I'm going to go with my gut on this one and say Turin.  Turin has been buddying up to Wombat like no other, had a weak Ithi buddy up attempt, and Turin does like to buddy up as mafia.  Honestly, this is my best read right now, not that good of a read, but it's my best shot.  So unvote vote Turin

Tries to say I am the LD.  This is fishing for the LD.  Also directs the doc.  Tries to stall the Darthe train and makes a feeble attempt to start a train on Turin.  Chalk this one up as distancing from Turin.

I am town.

If Darthe is town or mafia it is not completely negative to lynch him so even though I believe he is town. unvote vote Darthe

Can't say he is town in its own post.

I actually don't like chocolate, but I love brownies...

Oh and not sure if I've said it yet or not, but

I am town.

See above.

Darthe's role is that when an LD checks his statement, the inverse of the truth will be returned as a result.

Despo is usually suspect of replacements, because they used to be mainly used for inactive mafia I think, but that has changed recently with general inactivity.  I don't think replacements are a real tell anymore.

Wombat, another good play by you, nicely done.

Bit confused by Ley's thing, until I read the message, good thing he didn't just reveal it.

Also, random, the list is a thing that you can do at any time, I have done it day 1, forget about night 1.  It is a general good way of keeping notes in the game.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents on this night.  2 replies just showed up, so I was just ninjad, but OK.

Tries to dissuade people from being suspicious of Marsh saying that replacements are a null tell these days.  I tend to agree with that but it's interesting that he's trying to stop people from going after another one of my suspects.

A busdriver then?

Helps Turin along with the crazy role speculation.

We need to avoid a random lynch but there's so much vote jumping :huh:

For the sake of a non-random lynch Vote Thorum.

I'm voting now because I don't want to miss deadline tomorrow. But I will revisit this. We need a better method than this surely...

Im sorry I cant remember, but what was the case on Thorum again?

You might not remember because I think there isn't one really..

Then again, voting for yourself isn't exactly inspiring...

Woah, what?  First you vote him due to a deadline that is more than a day away which is completely ridiculous.  Then you say that there is no case on him which is half supporting him except his self vote which doesn't really mean anything according to you besides not being inspiring, which is def not a case.  This deserves my vote. vote RTE

People have already mentioned this.  Scummy as hell.

Woah, this train is building too fast and I don't really like this reasoning.  The comments he made along with the self vote were weird yes, but not necessarily scummy.

More scummy.

Great, now we have 8 votes.  Then someone is going to bring up the deadline, and we are going to end up lynching Thorum.  I honestly don't see a legitimate case against him based off of his recent posts.

Rand al'Scum

TL; DR version:

Rand has been trying to look town the whole game while pushing a scum agenda by rolefishing.  I suspect that if he flips scum, then my Scheveningen play backfired but the results could still be very useful in that we could look at the people who said Scheveningen without hesitation and the people that Rand has linked himself to.

See the things is that mafia can keep roleblocking him so we will be suspicious of him, which puts us as at a tough spot.  The good thing is that all other PRs aren't being blocked, but that could be really bad later in the game if we get to LyLo.

Implies that Ley may be mafia and that we should lynch him before endgame.

It's ok. They weren't like 15 quotes stacked inside each other. Plus I just spotted something else he said that made me cringe at the time.

RandA lThor, on 07 Dec 2012 - 06:04, said, “We are in a really bad situation right now.”

Like hell we were - it was Day 1. Anything can happen over the course of a game - this just seemed like fear mongering and trying to cause panic. That whole post was just awful.

I'm gonna leave the internets now. I'll get back online in 2-4 hours to submit my daykill. That will be for only half an hour or so.

Unless things change and some kind of agreement arises on someone else, that will be SMILEY.

If smiley makes a believable claim, Ironeyes/Marsh is next in line. However, smiley's posting like hell on the spam threat of this board, knowing he's prime candidate for getting killed by me. Why?

Lastly, vote Rand, so we have a lynch. Not before I get back online, though ;D

of course, Rand could claim something believable as well...

I'm wary of anyone who says they didn't see any legitimate case against Thorum, to be honest.  Now that he's claimed, and has a way of vetting the claim, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but there was enough there to warrant votes.  *also eyes Lolguy*

Maybe stres but i meant that the case didnt warrant 8 votes .

Maybe stres but i meant that the case didnt warrant 8 votes .

- I didn't vote myself, since I didn't unvote.

- I'm Vasily Zaytsev, day vigilante. Who do you want me to kill? I can still kill when I'm dying. I had hoped there would be two persons high in the votes when I had to say this, so you could get information from the other also

Thorum, you asked who you should kill. You said that a person with a higher vote count would give us information, so we vote for the person we think you should kill. You then decide to just kill Smiley. It's your choice of course, but I'm wondering why you asked for our input, if you didn't intend to use it?

- I didn't vote myself, since I didn't unvote.

- I'm Vasily Zaytsev, day vigilante. Who do you want me to kill? I can still kill when I'm dying. I had hoped there would be two persons high in the votes when I had to say this, so you could get information from the other also

Thorum, you asked who you should kill. You said that a person with a higher vote count would give us information, so we vote for the person we think you should kill. You then decide to just kill Smiley. It's your choice of course, but I'm wondering why you asked for our input, if you didn't intend to use it?

I would like to know this as well.

Unless things change and some kind of agreement arises on someone else, that will be SMILEY.

If smiley makes a believable claim, Ironeyes/Marsh is next in line. However, smiley's posting like hell on the spam threat of this board, knowing he's prime candidate for getting killed by me. Why?

Well, if a man can't spam in his home board, then where can he  :dry:

As for why you'd shoot me I see little reason besides the post where I said what I thought people were saying at the time (seems to be a habit of mine in retrospect), if I interpreted it wrong then sorree

I'm not sure whether to claim now or later, but I think I'll put it off as long as I can (about 4 hours tops)

on a reread my topic still seems to hold up, you asked for suggestions, I interpreted those suggestions, maybe it was unnecessary but I can't see it being mafia-like

Asking you to claim seems like another way of getting a possible role outed. I don't like it.

Still wouldn't make sense, I see Thorum as almost certainly Town, claiming a day vig as mafia would just be a stupid move, and as town he would want less PR's to be outed so mafia have a larger pool to pick out of, at least that's how it seems to me

Thorum, I don't really think that smiley is scum, so I think you should go with Turin or Tina who are higher up on my list.

Rand seems pretty scummy and seems to have been trying to draw out power roles from the beginning, and that's not good for town....

vote Rand

guys, just a quick notice, I just counted 10 votes one rand so he's at L-1 so I suggest we stay the votes while waiting for a claim - at least for now, and then possibly decide on the person we want Thorum to target (or the other person we want deaded)

Archived