DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I just played..." Thread

SinisterDeath

The better half and I are playing an early access survival game - Valheim!

A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!

Key features:

• Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
  • Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – - Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
  • Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
  • Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
  • Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
  • Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
  • Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
  • Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.

Despite being early access, we have not yet come across any bugs or glitches.  Time just melts away.  I wish I had holidays at the moment so I could play for a decent slab of time!

Building is addictive - I wanted to quickly add a mezzanine floor for storage to the base and somehow spent 4 glorious hours completely redesigning and building instead.

The food system is a little annoying, as you have to eat a variety of foods - your character will not eat the same thing within a certain time period.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Banished. I am so smitten with this game, I played it way too much.

It's a very simple simulation of building up a village, managing resources and handling trade. I made a mistake in accepting about 50+ new nomads who wanted to settel without having enough food and that was the start of the downfall of my village Soopville. I tried to rescue it, but hunger set in, and I could not keep producing the food and wood I needed. It was horrible... I am abandoning it. New village!

game_banished5.png

On 12/18/2021 at 10:40 PM, Daenelia said:

It's a very simple simulation of building up a village, managing resources and handling trade. I made a mistake in accepting about 50+ new nomads who wanted to settel without having enough food and that was the start of the downfall of my village Soopville. I tried to rescue it, but hunger set in, and I could not keep producing the food and wood I needed. It was horrible

Yup, it doesn't take much to tip the balance.  I have played since release and my main problem is always an aging population and trying to balance breeding against resources.

3 hours ago, Delirium said:

Yup, it doesn't take much to tip the balance.  I have played since release and my main problem is always an aging population and trying to balance breeding against resources.

Banished seems pretty interesting from what you & @Daenelia have shared, and the description on wiki seems appealing as well.   But I am guessing it is a computer game only - and not a console game?

• 1 year later...

I am playing Star Trek Online. I love that game. Just recently completed the Event Campaign and picked up the Universe ship. I love it.

I got into this game after my Star Trek Into Darkness detesting faze killed my enjoyment of the franchise. This game got me back into my enjoyment. I play it XBox, and it is tons of fun for me.

Just about to get a new story questline that features Wesley Crusher, voiced by the original actor playing the Terran Emperor, and Gates McFadden debuts as his Terran mother.  The story basically deals with the Mirror V'Ger, and yes, the canon V'Ger will be showing up to battle it. In fact, Aileea returns, and I suspect voiced by the actress herself from the film. Not to sure on that one, though.

The previous questlines of the Terrans featured Tilly's actor voicing her Terran character, and of course Kate Mulgrew voicing both versions of Janeway from both universes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been playing Diablo 4.  Season of Blood was great fun.  I hope the next season is equally enjoyable.

I am also back to playing Frostpunk.  Still as challenging as ever, especially when random events are turned on.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing Dave the Diver.  It is a survival/management/farming game in a pixel style and I am loving it.

I heard about it via the Bitcast Youtube weekly videos.  Travis from IGN and Hoeg (Lawtuber) have been raving about it for months, so myself and a few friends decided to give it a go.