DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I just played..." Thread

SinisterDeath

I just started playing Baldur's Gate for the first time a couple of months ago. It's a lot of fun, but can be extremely challenging if you don't have a good party strategy planned from the get-go. I've been experimenting a little by swapping out characters, trying to figure out who works best for me and it has led to some of them being sorely underpowered compared to the rest of my group.

I also have some modded replays of Fallout 3 and Skyrim in progress. As a previous console-only gamer, it feels great being able to have a more personalized experience with my favorite games on PC.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

FFX-2 HD I'm trying to beat the Beville dungeon it's slow going. 

Is that the 100 level dungeon?

Yeah. I keep getting Ultimaed though at level 40 so I'm annoyed about that. LOL 

When I heard about that in FFX-2, I said.. nope! And went onto the next game. :wink:

Course, I have the original, not the one with the Dark Aeons...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Cool a Gaming crowd, 

Is there a Destiny following here?

Yeah I play Destiny although since Halo 5 came out a few weeks ago I have not touched it. My clan would normally raid once a week on Tuesdays at the reset but since Halo 5 and Fallout 4 were released no one has been on Destiny. I also play DCUO pretty regularly and I'm looking forward to Star Wars Battlefield. 

Can anyone suggest a good MMORPG in the vein of White Knight Chronicles? I'm looking for something like that. 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Community Administrator

Picked up Final Fantasy 7 for the PC.

I've been meaning to play it again, and actually beat it...

Which I subsequently did.

I initially quit playing back when it first came out, because i really needed the Golden Chocobo to keep going and get the best Materia in the game.

This time I got it relatively easy (Thanks to a few tips that weren't available back then). and beat it at around the 80 hour mark.

Interestingly, Square themselves offer to boost your characters to max health/mp/gil right from the games launcher, which really sped things up.

I will say this.

After beating the game years later, it doesn't hold up very well.

The controls are clunky, and honestly? The dialogue and story is rather childish.

It amazes me that when the game first came out, we thought the CGI in this game were sooo good and life like and now it's a joke.

It's also weird that the cinematic quality throughout the game wasn't very consistent.

Sometimes it went full CG (FMV) , other times it went half, but most times it went straight to in-game quality CG sequences.

Edited by SinisterDeath

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

One game I would reccomend is Battle for Wesnoth. Its a turn based strategy game. I'm told that its graphics are terrible, and I guess they are, but since I grew up with it, I don't really notice or care. It's also a completely open-sourced game, and is really easy to mod. There are a million and a half addons you can get for free, and it just got added to steam.

You can play either multiplayer or single.

In addition, its still getting updates.

also, going some time into the past, Banjo and Kazooie is much better than DK64. Although my opinion on that likely has to do with the fact that I grew up watching my siblings play through everything on DK, so I was never even slightly challenged with it.

I also recently picked up the original battlefront 2, the one from 2005. its only 10 bucks on steam.

The civilization games are also a great beauty, although I've only ever really played 4. 5 &6 don't run on my computer, and neither do 1-3.

Also, Age of Empires, another strategy game. Long may they reign.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, TheSociopath said:

I also recently picked up the original battlefront 2, the one from 2005.

The civilization games are also a great beauty, although I've only ever really played 4. 5 &6 don't run on my computer, and neither do 1-3.

I have StarWars Battlefront 1 & 2 on the original xbox. And have Civ 4 on disk and on steam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...