DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

Rand you do know it is night yes? So not much else you can do beside FoS.

Darthe, It is fairly apparent that Moridin(Snow) and Taim(LZM) started off as cult. If they did successfully recruit each night then there will be at least one left. To claim otherwise is sticking your head in the sand. If there is also a backup recruiter (which seems unlikely to me) then there could be even more.

For any that have modded cult games, How common is it to have more than one member in the cult to start the game?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darthe, It is fairly apparent that Moridin(Snow) and Taim(LZM) started off as cult. If they did successfully recruit each night then there will be at least one left. To claim otherwise is sticking your head in the sand. If there is also a backup recruiter (which seems unlikely to me) then there could be even more.

For any that have modded cult games, How common is it to have more than one member in the cult to start the game?

Whoa I cannot believe I missed that Taim had to start as cult to be a cult power role! So essentially there could be more than two even, if they had a single recruiter. We could have two cult remaining even. That makes the big case I just made on maw useless probably since he is pushing the cult angle. I am going to quote it anyhow since I put that effort into it but we will see where this goes. I am amazed I missed this.

Dudes, why wouldn't I character claim? We are getting this game going. Also,Unvote Vote Ithi. See above.

This says to me that he's just looking for an easy bandwagon. VOTE DARTHE

I'm kinda torn... there is no real thing to put true weight on yet...

"I'm totally playing and involved with the game. Look how helpful I am!"

People are making cases over lots of things bro.

There's no such thing as Scummy ... there are mistakes that people make that make, and actions and responses that they do, that make people believe they are on the Mafia Team. If people do these things, then the mistake or action should be pointed out and explained - just saying something is scummy is very weak and poor play.

Besides ... I'm sure that at least in some of those games you were Town, so people were wrong sometimes about you lol. It is usually the Mafia Team who use terms such as Scummy or Flounder etc and they hope that if they say them enough, some of it will stick. It's because they have difficulties making genuine cases because they know that the people they are accusing aren't actually Mafia lol so they just go 'scummy scummy, flounder flail, over defensive' and hope that no-one notices that they haven't actually said anything that is truly viable.

Plus it isn't actually a word or term that you can defend against apart from saying 'no I am not scummy' and if you ask why people think you are scummy you get accused of being overly defensive. It is a brilliant ploy by them, but one to be aware of.

My bold: Play can defenitely be scummy. Scummy is a term used to describe play that could easily be attributed to being mafia. It isn't always, but it makes the person look as if it is.

Everyone has checked in.

Meaning BG read and acknowledged his role PM and has yet to post

that smells of third party to me

BG has actually posted 15 times in this game, and is the fourth most active poster, barring the Mods.

Scummy, scummy, scummy skimmer :tongue:

In this case it may not actually be scummy, but it is defenitely weak play. Not a mafia tell, just one that he's not actually paying attention.

Just woke up and read the last pages, and I don't think I like the way Maw darts in, pointing out the others post to try and get attention to them...

Vote Mawthex

So, OMGUS. You are now officially TBL in my book.

That said, its a little late in the day for it now, so I'm going to VOTE TURIN. One way or another we should get some good info from his lynch.

UNVOTE VOTE RAND

Thats some pretty weak play leading into a pretty weak case.

I think we should go for Matty and Cyan next though. Mostly matty.

Hmmm. Well, looks like the mods were scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as characters go.

VOTE MATTY

I was outlining a case on him yesterday. I'll go back and solidify it when I have time, but I really feel like he should go down.

Hmmm. UNVOTE. For now.

I will probably not be on again before the deadline. I'm going to VOTE MATTY again. Based on Ithi's logic, that really does sound like a fake claim.

And yes, I promise i will collect those quotes at some point when i'm not doing ALL of the spanish homework.

Interesting. Is the lone surviving cult member(lets assume there's just one) just a Survivor now?

And what is your character BG?

And i'm going to VOTE KAYLEE. She either needs to be playing or be replaced.

Aight. UNVOTE.

List of possible scum, imo: Darthe, Dice, Nol Tink, Ed Rand, Kaylee, Time, LZM, Random.

I'm willing to buy Turin's and BG's claims as they make sense in the scheme of things and have not been countered.

You know, I forgot that Darthe claimed. It never really affected anything after D1, and his play since then has been fairly unimpressive.

Anyway, I agree that we should get rid of an inactive who didn't ask to be replaced. VOTE LZM

I still feel like there should be a way to get all of one person's posts in a thread in one place...

And i've never said that I buy Matty's claim. I don't, I think he's an SK. However, for now he is a town-controlled one, and he's not Mafia, which is what my list looks for.

Honestly I think Darthe and Random could both stand to go for a dive.

Has anyone seen Tink?

Also the fact that we had a cult roleblocker running around makes me think that we are dealing with cultafia.

Ah. That would be why LZM voted to shoot snow. He was blocking Matty's kill so it wouldn't go through, and hoping it would vet himself. Any of his teammate would also have known this and gone for a bus. If anything, that makes the people on that lynch more suspicious. Yes, I do realize that includes myself. Honestly? I think we could do a lot worse than killing you, Random.

On that note, I think we should lynch Matty tomorrow. Yes, he's been useful, but I think he's outlived his usefulness.

Random, who would the mafia be? Taim, the big bad in the BT, has already been shown to be cult, not a Godfather as I would suppose. Moridin, the manipulator, was the cult leader. So what characters would be in the mafia?

Also the game wouldn't be over until we've outed all of the cult members. There's probably at least one more hiding somewhere.

On a random note that i want to get out there just in case, my kill list is Random, Matty, Darthe.

Funny, that's mine as well. Matty from reasons stated as I was rereading, and Random and Darthe for reasons that I have recently stated.

Whoa I cannot believe I missed that Taim had to start as cult to be a cult power role! So essentially there could be more than two even, if they had a single recruiter. We could have two cult remaining even. That makes the big case I just made on maw useless probably since he is pushing the cult angle. I am going to quote it anyhow since I put that effort into it but we will see where this goes. I am amazed I missed this.

bit of a ping here Darthe you dont miss that sorta stuff

Guys you do realise that IF there is no mafia then cult will have basically taken its place and may have almost as m,any members as a mafia team would AND various roles?

Random Im really hating the whole self sacrificing thing btw

bit of a ping here Darthe you dont miss that sorta stuff

Guys you do realise that IF there is no mafia then cult will have basically taken its place and may have almost as m,any members as a mafia team would AND various roles?

Random Im really hating the whole self sacrificing thing btw

True on all regards. I was actually visibly surprised at dinner when I realized I had. Hah my brother asked me what was wrong. I love ransoms weak linking: if I die then Darthe must the next day! As if our alignments are related.

Also, since this is almost certain cultafia I withdraw my case on Maw.

Archived