DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Black Tower Mafia Game

Gabriel Kross

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Maw, rereading that I would say it is inconclusive but a possibility. The arrow could have either been pulled out or caught before it hit. With a cult RB discovered it is certainly reasonable that they would protect their leader. If that is the case we owe the other killer.

@Random, LZM pretty much lynched himself with that statement about not being able to be active. When it got close to deadline there wasn't going to be anyone else lynched. It troubles me that you are working so hard to vet yourself here. also, Maw makes a reasonable point that if they thought they could block Matty's shot it would make sense to vote for that shot.

I've had people on my case the whole game, I'm just trying to stop everyone from killing another town, when we've already done a pretty good job of helping mafia so far: reminder, we've yet to find ONE mafia. If you feel my death gives the best info, fine, I'll make that sacrifice, I'm more trying to get out all my thoughts if that's the case, since I can't imagine there's many town left at this point.

I agree that LXM's play now makes sense, but if Matty was RB'd, then who would decide to double up on a kill like that? If we're looking at flavor, we have one OP kill and one Arrow kill N1. N2 we have 2 OP kills and an arrow at least in the flavor.... to me this says that if Matty was Rb'd his arrow wouldn't have shown up at all. But I don't know how much to trust flavor on such things.

Again, if there's most info to gain from killing me tonight, that's fine, but listen to my standing beforehand: when I die, and i WILL flip town, Darthe had better be next.

Black-Tower-Mafia.gif

Androl walked the grounds of the Tower, glancing at those he passed warily. Just yesterday someone he trusted completly, was found hanging out with those on the other side. Androl had used his influence within the Black Tower to call a meeting between those men and his, something had to be done to stop the spread of wrongness throughout the men. Hopefully it hadn't spread to far yet. Androl tried another gateway... "Don't worry Androl," a voice said behind him, a hand was placed on his shoulder, "we'll figure this thing out together you and I."

Rules

1. We want lots of activity. You have to post at least one game related post every game day. If you don´t do that you will be mod killed and your team mates will hate you. Short LOAs are okay if you tell me in advance.

2. No editing.

3. Do not discuss this game outside the thread if you haven´t been told that you are allowed to.

4. Don´t quote my PMs. Paraphrasing and lying is okay.

5. Days are 72 hours and nights are 48 hours or when all night actions are received.

6. Day one will last longer.

7. This is a hammer game. Day end when a majority is reached. Any votes after the hammer vote will not count. If a majority is not reached by deadline there will be a random mod kill.

8. You get one “Oh no, I died “post after death. Do not reveal any information.

9. Votes and unvotes must be bolded and coloured red.

10. Mafia is a cruel game but remember not to take anything personally. It´s just a game. That doesn´t mean you should insult people. If someone has any complaints come to me.

11. Tina is Mod Goddess. Her word is law. If you have any questions just ask. I am the Jester that will kill you all XD.

Players

1. Darthe

2. Dice

3. Tink

4. Tress - Toveine Gazal, Mason town, night killed N1

5. Matty

6. Ithi - Jahar Narishma, Town Bodyguard turned Cult goon, night killed N2

7. Turin

8. Cyan - Emarin Pendoloan, Vanilla town, lynched D2

9. Snow - Moridin, Cult leader, night killed N2

10. Kaylee

11. Maw

12. Rand - Arlem Nalaam, Vanilla town, lynched D1

13. Time

14. BG

15. Rand 2.0

16. LZM - Mazrim Taim, Cult roleblocker, lynched D3

17. Des - Logain Ablar, Mason town, night killed N1

18. Random

Not including claims here, this is what we have left to work with. 11 active players. We know Matty is either Vig or SK. In a game this size, if there's mafia, there's probably at least 4, leaving 6 town at best. There's a good chance there's at least 1 more cult, maybe more if Rand's correct. That leaves roughly 5 townies, and I know I'm one. So, if you guys think you can learn from killing me and seeing my vanilla town reveal, cool, do it. But that leaves the game at 4-5 town to win... mafia would have the majority vote and game over.

All I'm saying is we have to make things count. Matty won't kill himself, and we really don't have any other good leads, unless I'm missing something.

If there's no mafia, town's in better shape, but that's a pretty big gamble.

Random, who would the mafia be? Taim, the big bad in the BT, has already been shown to be cult, not a Godfather as I would suppose. Moridin, the manipulator, was the cult leader. So what characters would be in the mafia?

I'm not saying there is, I have no idea. I've never even heard of Cultafia until Rand said it, I just posted the possibilities there.

If there's no mafia, we're in much better shape. But if there is, and we simply haven't found any yet, then tonight kinda makes or breaks the game

My thoughts on Matty so far in my reread, at page 27. The messed up reveal seemed a little weird to me especially since Matty should have known his character's exact spelling if it was put in his role PM. Second of all, does anyone remember the name of the person who showed Androl the Two Rivers longbow?

And then Matty starts to get mad at the mods for supposedly spelling it wrong in his role PM. Seems a little fake to me, here is the quote.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hey! I didn't spell my name wrong! According to the Role PM Tina sent me, I am Sam al'Seen! :mad:

Tiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! And EP for that matter! :tongue:

Just posting thoughts as I reread, but I agree with something Cyan sort of implied without knowing it, a power role like a vig should belong to an important character. Not only this, but if this isn't cultafia and there is mafia with an NK or something like that, then Matty could have been told by his teammates to say he was a vig if they think they got both people by themselves. Because of this they could have made Matty claim and he claimed vig. So far in my reread, I haven't really found something too suspicious of Matty so far.

If there was only a cult then game would be over unless their is a backup cult leader and since that obviously wasn't Mazrim Taim that is highly unlikely. The only point of pushing the cult angle is that it gives mafia a safer cover.

Alright, well you and Darthe have both said that, and I hate claiming at night, but I might as well get it out, so if you kill me and you see I'm town, you can use the WIFOM:

I'm Jonneth Dowtry, vanilla town.

If everyone decides I"m the best kill, fine, but if there's mafia in this game, you're sacrificing me and my help. And if I'm killed, I hope you look at my reveal and go for Darthe after. If I'm alive, I'll be voting him when night's over

The bolded statement above is why I think you're mafia. You keep putting out crappy stuff like this, which is both bad rationale and fear mongering. However, you are currently less important than the obvious mafia here..--> mawthrex.

If there was only a cult then game would be over unless their is a backup cult leader and since that obviously wasn't Mazrim Taim that is highly unlikely. The only point of pushing the cult angle is that it gives mafia a safer cover.

And the only point of trying to take it away is to give cult a safe cover. I only sad if it is cultafia. You really are jumping all ove the place. FoS for now.

You both need to die Random. you both do.

@Rand, you should know well that the cult argument doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that we started off with more than one cult member? Also I have been pretty awfully consistent, how is anything I have said here all over the place?

@ maw, that once again assumse cultafia.

@Rand, you should know well that the cult argument doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that we started off with more than one cult member? Also I have been pretty awfully consistent, how is anything I have said here all over the place?

Um... Yes? Your original argument was on the possibility of cultafia. The game would not be over until we had rooted out all cult members, which we have not yet done. There were two recruitment nights, assuming night actions happen simultaneously as is normal.

So Random thinks Darthe should die, Darthe thinks Random and I should die, and I think that Random and probably Darthe should die. I love triangles.

Oh, so am I the fourth wheel in this conversation. :tongue:

I don't understand what you mean by this. Also, you just clarified, I thought you were jumping around from Maw to Random, but now you just cleared that up.

Archived