DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grayt Jello Love Fest : WoT Love

kukasö

Mat and Tuon are goin to be the end of the military conflict in the magic-less world after the wheel has been broken and the cycle ended.(so says the dark friend, me) Mat's army and his new toys, that Elayne will be makin for him and Andor, and the Seanchan army are going to be at a stale mate of might and the two coming together will stop the conflict.

As for Galad and Berelain?!! That's nuts! lol I mean, the alter boy and the queen of promiscuity? I don't see how it will work. It'll be funny, but I don't see how it will work.

Mat and Tuon are goin to be the end of the military conflict in the magic-less world after the wheel has been broken and the cycle ended.(so says the dark friend, me) Mat's army and his new toys, that Elayne will be makin for him and Andor, and the Seanchan army are going to be at a stale mate of might and the two coming together will stop the conflict.

As for Galad and Berelain?!! That's nuts! lol I mean, the alter boy and the queen of promiscuity? I don't see how it will work. It'll be funny, but I don't see how it will work.

Supposedly each of them has great physical beauty. I can see it.

I really love Perrin/Faile, because although their relationship isn't perfect, and they don't really understand eachother's way of looking at the world, they manage to make it work. I also love how Perrin such a big and tough guy, but that he's a complete softy about Faile. And it's odd - but I always think of her as "Fay-lee" in my head.

My favourite pairing is and always will be Lan and Nynaeve though. Nyn's my favourite character, and I love the way she stubbornly goes "Burn the man!" in her head but he just keeps creeping back in and making her blush...

I don't like Moiraine/Thom though. I don't see that they have much in common, and I always liked Thom with his minstrel girl best. Thom always went on about "Don't trust Aes Sedai" and while I think he and Moiraine would have been good friends, I don't see him falling in love with her. I mean, he fell in love with Morgase, then out of love when she got all high and mighty and tried to execute hime, then he fell in love with Dena but she died, then he *sort of* had this weird thing going with Elayne and in all that I don't see when he would have had time to develop a deep relationship with Moiraine.

I really love Perrin/Faile, because although their relationship isn't perfect, and they don't really understand eachother's way of looking at the world, they manage to make it work. I also love how Perrin such a big and tough guy, but that he's a complete softy about Faile. And it's odd - but I always think of her as "Fay-lee" in my head.

My favourite pairing is and always will be Lan and Nynaeve though. Nyn's my favourite character, and I love the way she stubbornly goes "Burn the man!" in her head but he just keeps creeping back in and making her blush...

I don't like Moiraine/Thom though. I don't see that they have much in common, and I always liked Thom with his minstrel girl best. Thom always went on about "Don't trust Aes Sedai" and while I think he and Moiraine would have been good friends, I don't see him falling in love with her. I mean, he fell in love with Morgase, then out of love when she got all high and mighty and tried to execute hime, then he fell in love with Dena but she died, then he *sort of* had this weird thing going with Elayne and in all that I don't see when he would have had time to develop a deep relationship with Moiraine.

Remember, I think it was in Eye of the world when, Egwene asks Moiraine if she has ever been in love and Moiraine says something like she knows the face of her husband?

Ryrin, I thought his love for Dena was real. He did kill a king for her anyway. Just because Moraine knew their fate doesn't mean Thom did.

Mills, I think Berelain stated she had only been with like 2 or 3 men in her life. Not as promiscuous as she appears.

I don't think Thom knew their fate either. However, I think he believed at that time, they would never have the opportunity to be together. I think he had a great fondness for Dora but not a deep love but that's my opinion.

Personally, I think the whole Moiraine / Tom thing is the worst written romance in history ... lol ... I mean RJ really wasn't good at writing romance, but this one took the cake. I'm not saying that the romance itself is implausible, just that there's no build up to it - no story. I wish my brain was functioning and I could put this into words properly.

Perrin and Faile used to irritate me, until I realised she's about 15 years old when we first meet her. Now just Perrin irritates me :tongue:

Weren't they all about 15 years old?

No I think Rand, Mat and Perrin are 19-20, Egwene is 18, and Nynaeve about 26. Elayne is also 18, and Avi almost 20 as of PoD (wich Im currently reading trough again, that's why that is my reference)

So if Faile is about 15 when she shows up (wich both makes sense, and makes me cringe a little bit) that explains even more of her behaviour than just the Saldean weirdness...

According to this site... Ok Characters we've mentioned rundown (and I'm not sure if this list is up to current time with the series and not when we first meet them):

Berelain: 22-24

Faile 16-17

Galad: 30-32

Gareth: about 50

Gawyn: 22-25

Mat: 21

Min: 24-25

Perrin: 21

Thom: about 70

Tuon: 19

Aviendha: 19-20

Egwene: 18-19

Elayne: 18

Moiraine: 44

Nyneave: 27

Siuan: 42

Personally, I think the whole Moiraine / Tom thing is the worst written romance in history ... lol ... I mean RJ really wasn't good at writing romance, but this one took the cake. I'm not saying that the romance itself is implausible, just that there's no build up to it - no story. I wish my brain was functioning and I could put this into words properly.

See, I thought the Thom - Moiraine thing was pretty good. Having a hard time wording this myself Ma. lol It's like, Thom saw the Aes Sedai but immediately had a connection past that with her lineage and skill with the game of houses. You never really saw any derision from him towards her like he expressed with other Aes Sedai. Moiraine was impressed by him to, enough that she sent him on a fools errand with the wonder-twits. Thom, after the group parted has a few times remarked on how "formidable" a person she was. I think Moiraine's familial history and Thoms talents and history WAS the build up. We didn't get to see it really build up but you can see what lead to it. I really enjoyed it. As for poor Dena. That was one of the most emotional moments for me in the book. Thom tried to remove himself from the terrible trio that had totally screwed his life for the time, accepted he was done, moved on. The poor fool is cursed with love. I think it was real even though deep down Thom knew he wasn't done with what fate had for him which, to me, just makes it even more tragic. I just soooooooooooooo wish there would have been a chapter. Just one Chapter of Thom's terrible justice instead of leaving it out there. It would have been DARK.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Thom was really in love with Dena. He was more in love with her talent and let her love him. Maybe because he was in love with someone else and thought it impossible? :wink:

This is what I think.

Archived