DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thom and Moiraine..... lovers?

gaishain

Do you see this happening in book 12? I mean if Moiraine is going to be with anyone I think it would be Thom. He is quick, intelligent, kind, etc. There really isn't much of an age difference except for Moiraine's ageless Aes Sedi apperance. I mean Thoms seems to care about Moiraine and he is always saying what a fine woman she was. So anyone else see this coming?

There were a lot of subtle hints throughout the books linking them. Idle comments about what a 'fine woman' Moiraine was, as well as the way they played off each other in that scene in Tear, Moiraines comments to the girls, the various prophecies connecting the two of them.

But with KoD its pretty much a given.

In the Shadow Rising there were a bunch of hints that this could happen in Thom and Moraine's scene. Especially on Moraine's part. At one point she almost sounded desperate when she told Thom that he must not see all Aes Sedai as enemies, or something to that point. Don't have the exact quote.

Plus it was also during that book when Elayne and Egwene are discussing how to get Elayne with Rand that she slips and mentions that she knows the face of her future husband better than they do. Though she did try to cover up that slip by telling them that she only meant they shared a common ignorance or something to that regard.

no, he will not channel, he is far to old. read this

http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/2_nondark/2.2_rest-chars/2.2.1_thom-channel.html

That link will disprove any thought of Thom channeling.

And yes, I do believe they will be lovers (Thom and Moiraine). well this is another link to the same site, it is very resourceful...

http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/2_nondark/2.5_lurv/2.5.3_thom-moir.html

Thats a source indicating Thom isn't a channeler now. Even RJ's comment is specific to that. There is no evidence that he couldn't learn to channel, like Flinn, or Sharina who seems roughly the same age.... Indeed, given he has a family member who had the spark no less makes it plausible.

Its actually begining to become something a problem for me. To date we have not seen an established male character start to channel since the formation of the Black Tower--especially since the Cleansing, which admittedly isn't common knowledge now, but still.

Most likely in my mind are Thom and Gawyn. They have the family connection, and the reason to do it in their connections with women who can channel. Thom in particular would make a brilliant Asha'men--well trained in politics and organisation, he is exactly what is needed for the continued development and establishment of an organisation like the Black Tower and it would make a very interesting character development for him + once he knows of the Cleansing, given his relationship with Owyn.

I totally agree that they will end up together - as for Thom channelling - I started a topic a few month back about who of the men would be most likely to learn (non of them have the spark we can be quite sure of that)

I also loved the idea of Galad being the one :-), especially since he is also somehow related to Moraine.

Another one was Mat which was shot down very well with the explanation that he could touch the adam, which man that can channel can't.

So Thom might be a good option to, don't remember if we discussed it back then - but I'm really starting to doubt that RJ will make such a big change in the last book.

Oh yes and there was this older guy who left at the end of KOD to be tested - the owner of the place Rand is staying.

Archived