DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS. SHADOW] The Ultimate Showdown: RP Battle

Locke

Blackhoof laughed as he saw lightfools tripping and slipping in a pool of marbles. How amusing! Time to turn up the heat! With that, Blackhoof channeled fire into the marbles and they melted, turning a figurative wave of marbles onto a pool of molten glass. The eighties flailed and screamed as they burned.

Turning to the squirrel, Blackhoof returned her retort in kind:

"You are a fool, to challenge me;

A master of death and poetry,

Your light-stick can't save you from my voice,

Give up now, you have the choice.

If you don't, you shall die,

Even from your tree up high.

Your situation, it us dire,

You'll surely fall in blood and fire!"

I'm coming back into this for the poetry warfare. Shall post later, must run for a couple of hours. It's on, Hoofiness.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackhoof laughed as he saw lightfools tripping and slipping in a pool of marbles. How amusing! Time to turn up the heat! With that, Blackhoof channeled fire into the marbles and they melted, turning a figurative wave of marbles onto a pool of molten glass. The eighties flailed and screamed as they burned.

Meesh laughs about Hoofy burning up the Eighties...her mother had always told her those years deserved to be erased from history, anyway, so it was all good. Rock on, Nineties! >.>

Laughing at the suffocating Hoof, Meesh addresses him with a deep bow and a mocking smile.

"I see you have only mastered the one kind of poetry. A pity you couldn't appreciate iambic pentameter; it's quite striking, really, and so effortless...." She brushes some imaginary dust from her shoulders and shifts into a flowing waterbending stance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoQpJAl9j8&feature=related

As she moves, she chants.

"Don't take for granted what you see;

There's more to me than meets the eye.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve,

And weapons that you won't believe.

If I were you, I wouldn't try.

The light is bold, the sun is strong.

It shows to me your every flaw.

The dark is where the weak ones hide,

Afraid to face the wiser side.

Your smartest choice is to withdraw."

At the end of her recital, a whip of water, fueled by the grass around her and a tree nearby, slams into the ranks of the Shadowites, and turns into razor-sharp blades of ice, cutting flesh, hair, and a laptop cord.

This lightfooted squirrel was surely shadowspawn at heart. No pure soul could inflict such torture on another living being. There seemed to be no respite from all this Barding. Although technically a Observer of this event - albeit in the most wonderful company - something needed to be done. As she had not actually declared for either side it would have to be something non lethal. She deftly wove Saidar and created a cage of air and spirit.

trappedsquirrel.jpg

Not only was the little squirrel thespian trapped - but should she even think in iambic it would induce tendrils of sharp and piercing pain throughout her tiny furry body to encourage her otherwise. This was totally within the rules - as if she didn't rhyme, she wouldn't get hurt.

It was quiet again. Too quiet perhaps. Oh well, she couldn't expect sparkling wit and entertainment all the time :wink:

Meesh sits down with her arms folded, grumpily wondering what's wrong with the world, that people can't even appreciate poetry anymore. Also, she thinks it's unfair that if she should even THINK, in her head, an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed one, that she will be in pain--rhyming is one thing, but syllable stress? Totally unfair. Already, even though she hasn't been thinking in poetry, she's starting to feel the discomfort. Jerks. No no no, MISINFORMED jerks, that's what it is. Iambs are NOT rhymes.

"I can still rhyme," she calls, "as long as I use monosyllabic/unstressed words to accomplish it!! And you'll find it's much less enjoyable, that way."

She clears her throat and thinks a moment, then recites:

"I am a girl.

I am a squirr'l.

I have a hand.

I live on land.

Let me go free

And you will see

I can do more

Than Hoof, who's a bore

Just give me a theme

And let me redeem

Myself.

The end. Or I'll have to break myself out of this flimsy crap-cage." :tongue:

LMAO - if I could give points I would.

The Dark Mistress S'ithi surveyed the arena. The squirrel was squeaking again, but now had more of a yip, yip, yip kind of thing going on. No matter. She wrapped the cage in ribbons and channelled Saidar to open a Gateway. Walking over to the squirrel her cool calm composure belied the tiny amount of crossness she was feeling at having to get off her couch and deal with this herself. She was not impressed. Ah well, it seemed if you wanted something doing right, you had to not expect an Asha'man to do it. She picked up the cage and tied off the weaves. No doubt the little rodent would begin picking them apart shortly - but she had better work fast. There was a nasty sting in the bushy tail built into these weaves. She attached a label to the ribbons, and then pushed the cage towards the Gateway. She knew the perfect people to deal with this Saidin Channeling Squirrel and least she would be able to go back and enjoy the view again.

squirrel2.gif

As Locke turns to Leave, Mawthtex lobs several lightning bolts and fireballs at him, and blows a hole in the ground underneath him.

Maw, have I mentioned yet that I really like your text colour? If not, then I do so now. *Locke weaves a Gateway underground, which he proceeds to fall into as the Earth beneath him is displaced*

But S'ithi did not realize the can of worms she had just opened.

*Wombat puts on a pair of glasses and begins to speak in the most boring monotone drawl humanly possible*

"By putting the squirrel in the cage, S'ithi has created a Schrödinger's Squirrel Situation. Until the box is opened, the squirrel is in a quantum cat state. Now, turn to page 172 in your texts."

Turin guffawd at the squirrel being sent to the Red ajah. The fun stopped as soon as the "professor" started droning about Quantum blah,Blah,blah. It was very difficult to stay awake during the lecture. Turin knew something needed to be done. He created a filter that would convert the boring lecture into a telling of the Great Hunt for the Horn in high chant and directed it at the WWWWWwombat.

Meesh laughs about Hoofy burning up the Eighties...her mother had always told her those years deserved to be erased from history, anyway, so it was all good. Rock on, Nineties! >.>

Laughing at the suffocating Hoof, Meesh addresses him with a deep bow and a mocking smile.

"I see you have only mastered the one kind of poetry. A pity you couldn't appreciate iambic pentameter; it's quite striking, really, and so effortless...." She brushes some imaginary dust from her shoulders and shifts into a flowing waterbending stance.

As she moves, she chants.[/i]

"Don't take for granted what you see;

There's more to me than meets the eye.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve,

And weapons that you won't believe.

If I were you, I wouldn't try.

The light is bold, the sun is strong.

It shows to me your every flaw.

The dark is where the weak ones hide,

Afraid to face the wiser side.

Your smartest choice is to withdraw."

At the end of her recital, a whip of water, fueled by the grass around her and a tree nearby, slams into the ranks of the Shadowites, and turns into razor-sharp blades of ice, cutting flesh, hair, and a laptop cord.

With a blade of spirit, Blackhoof slashed apart the Air suffocating him, and he fell to the ground coughing and spluttering. After recovering his composure, Blackhoof began formulating a response to the poetic squirrely, despite the fact she was trapped in a cage. She was proving a worthy adversary indeed!

Opening a gateway to where Meesh was, he used flows of Air to retrieve the package Meesh was in and used spirit to unravel the cage. It would take time to think of a suitable response, but Blackhoof wanted Meesh to be present when he did.

:ohmy:

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

S'ithi watched in shock as the alleged Shadowite undid all of her good work! Is this how guests were treated. S'ithi wondered if the Cloven Footed one was entirely sure where his loyalties lay. As she thought this, the storm clouds that had been so thoughtfully provided parted slightly, and a golden beam of light illuminated Blackhoof.

*raisedeyebrow*

LAWLS @ Ithi

Meesh stands up, brushing some dirt off her fur. She's uncertain how to respond to Hoof, so she settles for a nod and turns her attention elsewhere while waiting for him to think of something.

Ahh, S'ithi, yes.... She would pay for what she did...

Meesh walks over to her, weaving strong bonds of Air and trapping S'ithi's arms at her sides, hoisting her into the air and flipping her upside-down.

"Give me your lunch money!" she orders sharply, and begins to shake S'ithi up and down to dislodge any spare change she might have on her person.

Turin turns his attention from cuting his fingernails to see the squirrel back from Tar Valon apparently none the worse for wear, accosting the newest BT member.

That is no way to greet a new friend. We will never get people to join for fear of muggings. Have some change.

Turin decides to throw a bunch of copper pennies at Mmeeshal while severing the weaves and weaving others to return Ithi to her natural upright position.

That should keep her busy for a while.

And I suppose torture-cages ARE the way to treat new friends?

Meesh ignores the pennies--she only wants S'ithi to PAY, and Turin is NOT S'ithi. Also, they're not shiny enough to be remotely distracting.

Turning her eyes on Turin, she considers him for a moment before deciding to take action. Taking a deep breath and focusing her willpower and inner strength, she bends the water in Turin's body, forcing him to his knees and bending his arms behind his back, effectively hand-cuffing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmzH9u9PYg

From high above in her room in the Black Tower Nyanna surveyed the Battle Arena. She noted that amongst all the carnage there were only a few warriors of the Light holding their own against the large evil gang. She heaved a sigh. It was always like this wasn’t it – the evil thug forces were always far more numerous than the good side. All good action stories had such odds. She brightened as she remembered that in most of these stories the goodies always won, too.

A great rope of radiant white light stretched from her room down onto the grounds. Nya slung her belt over it and flew downwards, letting go to land amongst her comrades.

She drew two of her nigh inexhaustible arsenal of saidin-made windscreen wipers.

In anticipation of the battle, Nya let out a crystal-clear, loud peal of bright, happy laughter that would surely warp the twisted Shadowsies’ ears, before she started to lay into their sorry hides with her wipers.

THE LIGHT WILL PREVAIL!!!

*edit; after its warriors have learnt to spell properly :blush:

Turin felt his body moving against his will. What strange devilry is this? he thought. No matter, his mind was still free and that was that would be needed to extract himseld from this situation. Turin wove pure spirit and directed it at the squirrel. Her furry little rhyming mind was totally preoccupied with the entrancing music that was continuously playing in her head. In her need to sing along with the music the water bending was forgotten and Turin was free again.

Ah, very good. Just then a line of white appeared and another combatant joined the fray. This one must have been quite mad as she was laughing maniacally whilst wielding windshield wipers as weapons. Turin knew just what to do. He sent a stream of water towards Nyanna. When it began to cover her he turned it to ice.

Chill out. It's a party.

Meesh frowns and looks around as music begins to play in her ears...is it her ears? It sounds an awful lot like when she gets a song stuck in her head, only much clearer and nothing she's ever heard before. Or is it? She thinks she hears snatches of a melody she recognizes, and starts running through lyrics to see if any match.

After a few minutes have passed and that song is still frustratingly just out of reach, she refocuses on Turin and realizes that he's free, and freezing Nyanna, who has joined the best cause ever, that of the Light. Realizing that Turin must have had something to do with the music, she seizes saidin, and sure enough, there's a weave of spirit just waiting for her to slice it. Doing so, she breathes a sigh of relief as the music suddenly stops.

"Now, Turin, you won't get away with such rude treatment of a warrior of the Light, no sir!" Releasing saidin, for that is the way of how things must work, she bends water and unfreezes Nyanna, creating another whip of cold water that flies at Turin to strike him across the face. Rather hard, as it happens.

Nodding to Nyanna, she turns to snuff out Rey's cigar, when suddenly she notices something very bright and shiny on the ground next to S'ithi.

She twitches. They even look like nuts.... She mustn't....her control breaks and she scampers over to the shinies and frolics about with them happily, before running off with them to add them to her collection.

Turin smiles at the frozen little lightie, when he feels his weave of spirit snapped and then the cold water hits his face. Why thank you Mmeeshal, how did you know I had razor burn. That was quite refreshing.

Seeing the squirrel pick up the shiny little trinkets S'Ithi had dropped apurpose, Turin winks to the Dark Mistress. Well played S'Ithi. I can't wait to see what happens when they activate.

Now Nyanna was freed again. How I hate doing things over. Ah, I have just the way to keep this one out of the fight. Turin channels again creating an exact replica of an Academy Award for Best Short Film - Documentary and floats it in front of the skilled young film maker... No way she resists that.

Nyanna was just getting into berserk mode with her windscreen wipers as suddenly a stream of water hit her and started freezing her motionless. However, before she could contemplate her dilemma, all the icy water reversed off her and shot back at her assailant. Nyanna nodded her thanks to the fierce little Lightsquirrel and briefly memorised Turin’s face. He would pay. When he had recovered from the water blast.

Nya looked around for her windscreen wipers. She choked back a sorrowful sob as she saw the two state-of-the-art melee weapons disintegrate, falling to pieces from the touch of saidin-wrought ice. Now what had that shadowsie done!?

She looked up and let out a scream of pure rage as she saw Turin standing there again, the same smug look on his face as before.

Her anger cut off immediately when she saw the Academy Award. Cross-eyed, Nya reached out and plucked it from the air. She let her fingers brush softly over the Oscar’s head and tears came to her slowly closing eyes as a mighty orchestral score resounded in her head, filling her vision with images of glory and Light…

…but success and glory could wait till later. Right now they had a battle to fight. Nya struggled against the mesmerizing tendencies of the Oscar, and finally broke the enchantment. Focus!

Nyanna’s eyes snapped open, and she bashed Turin over the head with the Academy Award.

"Take that you swindling shadowite! …But I will be keeping this."

Twirling the Oscar above her head like a club, Nya barged back into the hordes.

Archived