DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Travels of Jain Farstrider

Rhea

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is it just me, or does everyone in Randland feel the need to read The Travels of Jain Farstrider every time they sit down with nothing else to do?

We can only come to the conclusion that there were no really good authors back in their day, so they were all stuck with that one book that seemed to be better than your average traveloque.

You also need to remember a couple of things

1) Jain was alive through most of our timeline; so his book cannot be that old 20-30 years maybe (I am sure somebody could pull dates from the books). With the limited travel etc in WOT universe, that makes the book pretty recent.

2) He wrote about many different places and things that 99.9% of the population could never see or imagine. To people that are mostly static in their lives, this would be a good escape.

We know there are tons of other books out there, as people seem to have sizable collections, but Jain's is popular, like Opera's Book of the Month used to be.

So is it just me, or does everyone in Randland feel the need to read The Travels of Jain Farstrider every time they sit down with nothing else to do?

Yeah! I know that one, it's the book Matrim always meant to read but never got a "round to it". Good thing he managed to stumble into the author in person, even if Jain was incognito. Maybe Mat can write his own book "Jain Farstrider's Last Great Adventure" with a foreword by Elayne Trakand the Prim, Bloody Queen of Andor and edited by Caemlyn Royal Court Bard At Large, Thom Merrilin?

Yeah! I know that one, it's the book Matrim always meant to read but never got a "round to it". Good thing he managed to stumble into the author in person, even if Jain was incognito. Maybe Mat can write his own book "Jain Farstrider's Last Great Adventure" with a foreword by Elayne Trakand the Prim, Bloody Queen of Andor and edited by Caemlyn Royal Court Bard At Large, Thom Merrilin?

Who publishes it?

Who publishes it?

It's scheduled to be published by a new outfit, Woolhead Publications, based in some obscure village in an outlying Western District of Andor. It is rumored that the three anonymous founding partners were key players in the Light High Command during the War of the Shadow II. If the first book is successful then there are more books planned for release:

Sigh, and Nod in Agreement - A self-help book for men who find every other woman in their life can channel

Hey You! Keep your @#$%&* Hands Off My Ter'angreal! - a light hearted comedy about fending off overly curious Aes Sedai who are trying to confiscate your dearly won contraband

Haral, Please, Just One Day in the Forge? - A meandering drama about a bored and burly district administrator with a pesky wife who yearns to work the hammer and anvil one more time...

Who publishes it?

It's scheduled to be published by a new outfit, Woolhead Publications, based in some obscure village in an outlying Western District of Andor. It is rumored that the three anonymous founding partners were key players in the Light High Command during the War of the Shadow II. If the first book is successful then there are more books planned for release:

Sigh, and Nod in Agreement - A self-help book for men who find every other woman in their life can channel

Hey You! Keep your @#$%&* Hands Off My Ter'angreal! - a light hearted comedy about fending off overly curious Aes Sedai who are trying to confiscate your dearly won contraband

Haral, Please, Just One Day in the Forge? - A meandering drama about a bored and burly district administrator with a pesky wife who yearns to work the hammer and anvil one more time...

:biggrin:

Who publishes it?

Good stuff! I'll buy all of them.

You forgot How to Shoot Dirty Looks and Smooth Your Skirts Strategically - A woma's guide to life and politics.

and perhaps:

How to spank people diplomatically- By Cadsuane Sedai

Sheathing the Sword- A Book On Sword Forms

by al'Lan Mandragoran, Lord of the Seven Towers, Defender of the Wall of First Fires, Bearer of the Sword of the Thousand Lakes

Awesome...so at least their grandchildren will have something better to read than Jain Farstrider!

...and I swear I just turned another page and here is Olver sitting in a corner reading Farstrider...gah! With all the traveling these people are doing I think they could definately write their own books.

I like Loial and the Ogier books...give me more of those! :laugh:

Anger Management- by Nynaeve al'Meara

Instruction #1; Take a hold of your braid and tug forcefully

Instruction 2: When out of hair, bang head against wall/hard surface.

Instruction xxx: If everything else fails, blowing up fists of Trollocs was discovered to be highly therapeutic, although the prohibition against endangered species released by the WT will make this hard to accomplish.

From the same publisher we also have:

"Men are not all stupid. Some are just idiots." by Elayne Trackard. By the same author, "The risks and...pleasures of ter'angreal study", soon in the bookstore near you.

"Gambling for dummies" by Matrim C.

"The inner beast" by Perrin A.

"The art of diplomatic spanking" by illustrious(and still alive :blink: ) Cadsuane M.

"Undercover 101" published post-mortem, written by Verin M.

"The 13th Depository" a set of books with all the mistakes WT made and tried to hide. Currently at the 235546745455456756th volume. Various authors.

Ley, I second that!!

The Trolloc cookpot- by Narg

Containing over 100 different recipes with 1 main ingredient; humans.

LMAO!! :biggrin:

A Beginners Guide to Cursing- by Elayne Trakand

How to Defeat the Chosen- by Graendal

How to Woo Women- by Olver

Hide and Seek- by Demandred

How to Woo Women - A Collaboration By Rand al'Thor, Matrim C, and Perrin A

The Andoran Post gives it 3 thumbs up and says "be sure to check out Matrim's chapter on Queens".

Archived