DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where are the Ter'angreals in our world?

Ferdawoon

RJ have said or at least hinted that one age of the Wheel could be our age, and that there are ages of the wheel when there is no channeling available. Then i have to wonder, all the Angreal, Sa'angreal and Ter'Angreal, all the Portal Stones and all the other items created with the One Power, where are they now?

Unless all things created with the One Power get destroyed, there should be SOMETHING left and yes, even though no one can channel to make them work, there are some that dont need a channeler to function.

So, my question: what items out in our world do you think could be an item created by the One Power and if so, what kind (Sa / Ter / angreal) and if Ter'Angreal, what would it do if it worked? Are there any Portal Stones around in our world?

Let your immagination flow freely! :D

sa'angreal, terangreal, angreal; those are not the only things create by the One Power.

Terangreal in our time, that would depend on were we are chronologically.

If we are after the series, potentially all gadgets could be terangreal.

angreal & sa'angreal; I recall various religions using various kinds of rocks. Do not remember exact religions nor the specific rocks.

The Ancient Wonders could have been constructed by the One Power.

If we are before the series, angreal/sa'angreal/terangreal have not yet been made.

Each cycle I take starts with a new Creation.

If we are before the series, angreal/sa'angreal/terangreal have not yet been made.

So, basicly, it could be that Rand is "ment" to fail and let the DO unravel the pattern so that the Creator have to make it all again?

I disagree with you there.. There was a beginning somewhere, no matter what RJ say about there being no beginning nor ending to the Wheel of Time, but there is no ending, until the Dark One break free.

I've heard of that theory before. I don't think the DO will break free at the end of the 3rd Age, why should there be seven ages, in that case, but I think, if this theory is right, that he will break free in the end of the 7th Age, and then a new Creation starts.

I've heard of that theory before. I don't think the DO will break free at the end of the 3rd Age, why should there be seven ages, in that case, but I think, if this theory is right, that he will break free in the end of the 7th Age, and then a new Creation starts.

Quite unlikely, as that would contradict the classic "There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turnings of the Wheel of Time". And your scenario would have both an ending and a beginning.

I'm not really sure of this theory. It is more an "if". IF the DO breaks free each turning, and a new turning starts, THEN I think it will be at the seventh Age. I see no need for seven ages if the wheel is remade after only three ages.

So, basicly, it could be that Rand is "ment" to fail and let the DO unravel the pattern so that the Creator have to make it all again?

I disagree with you there.. There was a beginning somewhere, no matter what RJ say about there being no beginning nor ending to the Wheel of Time, but there is no ending, until the Dark One break free.

Actually, I was not telling about Third Age but at the very end of the cycle. And not necessarily unraveling, but some type of destruction; at least the Wheel remaining. And not necessarily by the Dark One, but by someone/something or by some group.

And by new Creation, I meant the world or the universe; not the Wheel. The Wheel I take to be outside both.

I'm not really sure of this theory. It is more an "if". IF the DO breaks free each turning, and a new turning starts, THEN I think it will be at the seventh Age. I see no need for seven ages if the wheel is remade after only three ages.

The 1st Age is called so by the people in the 3rd Age, because that is how far back memory stretches. Not because it is the actual 1st Age, since 1st hints at a starting point, and there is no such thing in the wheel. Ane as a consequence, there is no actual 7th Age.

And IF the DO breaks free, it's game over. No more Wheel, no more Ages.

The 1st Age is called so by the people in the 3rd Age, because that is how far back memory stretches. Not because it is the actual 1st Age, since 1st hints at a starting point, and there is no such thing in the wheel. Ane as a consequence, there is no actual 7th Age.

So in the 4th Age the AoL is the First Age, "our" Age the second, and that Age the third? If a random father from the 3rd age calls it the forth age, the child will also do that. his child aslo. And so on.

Eric Clapton's black Fender Stratocaster is obviously a sa'angreal. In fact, people like David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Guy and Bonnie Raitt are evidence that Leo Fender somehow got his hands on a cache of sung wood.

I too believe that the world will be destroyed, but I don't think it'll involve a free DO. The destruction of the world is just a small part of the pattern & thus of the wheel. The wheel & pattern never really end, but just like a human life ends, so could the world's life. The soul will be reborn in a new body, just like a human soul.

It will probably require some cataclysmic event, but with technology already being reinvented at the end of the age we know as the 3rd age, it's not too far fetched to assume that by the end of the 6th age people actually might have the technology to destroy the world.

I always assumed that we are the age where 'the dark one is forgotten'. So that would put us before the Age of Legends. Remember that Randland is referred to as the 'third age'. That would make the age of legends the 2nd and us the 1st. It would also fit in neatly with real world references, like the the mercedes benz logo, mother teresa, john glenn, etc.

It could also mean that the ultimate realization Rand comes to is that they all somehow need to stop channeling in order for the dark one to be truly locked away, maybe even the power they tap into is what makes up the dark one's prison, etc. some twist like that that leads to the end of channeling and opens the door for our age to come around again (though the ramifications of that start to get a bit depressing when you realize what must happen to Randland's civilization).

I can see it now, end of the series: Channelers build the pyramids, which act like giant ter'angreal akin to Far Madding's. No one can channel anymore, until someday when we dig too deep into a pyramid and mess things up :)

Archived