DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where are the Ter'angreals in our world?

Ferdawoon

Drekka Mort - develop Statue of Liberty more, we see it in Planet of the Apes so we know it will last to the next age.

Dastion - mother Teresa? Merc logo?

I'm still conflicted if it is glenn or Alan, ignore spelling and do the sounds

Elsbet was Queen Elizabeth, Mosk was Moscow with ICBMs

I'd say no ter'angreals exist in our time because the One Power doesn't exist, and as power-made objects they'd most likely lose their ability to survive the eons without the OP around.

The Power is still around though. Just that no one can channel it. So, Ter'Angreals will still be around, unless destroyed. I doubt that they stop working if unused. All the secret stashes of stuff they have found in the books that are closing in on a thousand year old and still work like a charm (so to speak).

Looking forward to more Ter'angreals in the world :D

Anyone know where the Bowl of Winds could be?

I get a feeling of warmth doing the flame and void...

I would imagine that ter'angreal are ground to dust by the turning wheel. Only cuedillar is supposedly indestructible.

The Bowl of Winds was fashioned from the souls of all the weathermen and women on morning shows, you know the ones chosen for their looks...

Hello!!! There is a ter'angreal currently in use. The IPod. It's really that music box which contains hundreds of songs. Steve Jobs did not invent it, but he did find it buried while he was digging a tunnel underneath Bill Gates' house. He figured out how it works and put in mass production. It doesn't require the One Power. :biggrin:

I always assumed that we are the age where 'the dark one is forgotten'. So that would put us before the Age of Legends. Remember that Randland is referred to as the 'third age'. That would make the age of legends the 2nd and us the 1st. It would also fit in neatly with real world references, like the the mercedes benz logo, mother teresa, john glenn, etc.

It could also mean that the ultimate realization Rand comes to is that they all somehow need to stop channeling in order for the dark one to be truly locked away, maybe even the power they tap into is what makes up the dark one's prison, etc. some twist like that that leads to the end of channeling and opens the door for our age to come around again (though the ramifications of that start to get a bit depressing when you realize what must happen to Randland's civilization).

I can see it now, end of the series: Channelers build the pyramids, which act like giant ter'angreal akin to Far Madding's. No one can channel anymore, until someday when we dig too deep into a pyramid and mess things up :)

We are not the first age. Portal stones where made in the age befor AoL, which means channeling required. My bet would be our age would be around the sixth or seventh, whereas the end of the fourth age destroys our channeling and somehow our technology putting us back at the stone age, which would be age five. The end of the sixth would mark the end of techonology without channeling. Age seven would be channeling being recovered. In age one the DO is completly forgotten, and humankind rely on channeling, end would be a giant cataclysm reseting our civilization, causing technology to mix with channeling, the DO completly forgotten, and thus we are back at AoL

Statuettes and other objects that resemble ter'angreals, angreals and sa'angreals can be found in museums all over the world. Some of them are so unique that some archaeologists believe that they may be forgeries. For example the Disk of Phaistos. We still do not what it is or what is written on its surface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaistos_Disc

I have half a mind to go to the museum in Crete where this object is exhibited and try to convince the staff to let me sleep near it just to make sure it isn't a sleepweaver-dream ter'angreal that doesn't require channelling...lol.

Other objects from ancient times like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grotesque_woman_Louvre_CA2295.jpg and http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gilded_bronze_avalokitesvara,_Tang_Dynasty.JPG could be angreals with a little imagination :).

Archived