DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could choose who ends up with whom...

t.shaleva

The 3 taveren, the books have prophecies about their matches.

Rand: Viewing of 3 women (including Min) becoming in love with him (Eye of World); Viewing of Elayne sharing her husband with 2 women (Great Hunt); Aviendha's 3 Rings (Rhuidean's) experience.

Mat: Aelfinn prophecy, damane Foretelling.

Perrin: Broken Crown Viewing (Eye of World); Viewing of hawk & falcon (Dragon Reborn), also many Dreams.

These matches also seem prophesied::

-Siuan & Bryne: Viewing of she taking a man (Shadow Rising), Viewing of both dying if one is far from the other (Fires of Heaven)

-Moiraine & Thom: supposed Viewing of her marrying him, Thom's White Tower Viewing

-Berelain & Galad: Viewing of Berelain becoming in love with a man in white (Lord of Chaos)

-Egwene & Gawyn: Dream of Gawyn's choices (Crown of Swords)

Both those matches also indicated by Dream of Egwene & a hawk being tied.

Characters that are currently single without a prophesied match::

-Tam

-Lini

-Cadsuane

-Morgase

-Tallanvor

-many channelers

-many Aiel

perhaps more

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3 taveren, the books have prophecies about their matches.

Rand: Viewing of 3 women (including Min) becoming in love with him (Eye of World); Viewing of Elayne sharing her husband with 2 women (Great Hunt); Aviendha's 3 Rings (Rhuidean's) experience.

Mat: Aelfinn prophecy, damane Foretelling.

Perrin: Broken Crown Viewing (Eye of World); Viewing of hawk & falcon (Dragon Reborn), also many Dreams.

These matches also seem prophesied::

-Siuan & Bryne: Viewing of she taking a man (Shadow Rising), Viewing of both dying if one is far from the other (Fires of Heaven)

-Moiraine & Thom: supposed Viewing of her marrying him, Thom's White Tower Viewing

-Berelain & Galad: Viewing of Berelain becoming in love with a man in white (Lord of Chaos)

-Egwene & Gawyn: Dream of Gawyn's choices (Crown of Swords)

Both those matches also indicated by Dream of Egwene & a hawk being tied.

Characters that are currently single without a prophesied match::

-Tam

-Lini

-Cadsuane

-Morgase

-Tallanvor

-many channelers

-many Aiel

perhaps more

You right, Tam and Lini. 'Hello son, would you like to meet your new mom? 'really dad? out of all the single people in this book you choose Her?!' 'What? I was going to make a move on Avi but you beat me to it...

You know, slightly after I made my last post, it occurred to me Uno and anybody would be pretty weird and pretty interesting. Maybe I should start a new thread "Potential Girlfriends For Uno." (Birgitte is my first choice for him, though.)

Also, how about Gareth Bryne and Silviana? That could either be perfect or an absolute disaster.

Uno and Lini, just for the humour of seeing her making Uno clean up his languagebiggrin.gif

Out of the three choices, I'd put Rand with Min. His relationship with Avienda ran its course in book five and he and Elayne never made any sense at all.

Mat and Tuon's interactions are just painful to read and their relationship is dumb, so I'd scratch it entirely and put him with Elayne, since their interactions work well for me.

You right, Tam and Lini. 'Hello son, would you like to meet your new mom? 'really dad? out of all the single people in this book you choose Her?!' 'What? I was going to make a move on Avi but you beat me to it...
It seems you are mistaking Tam's age and/or Lini's age. Tam fought in the Whitecloak War which was in 957NE. Morgase was a teen around time of the prequel (978NE). Lini I take is old enough to be Morgase's mother.

Edit:: Was not really matching the people in last set.

• 9 months later...

Ok, I can't say for sure that I actually would have changed anything. But there are some relationships that I think would have been a lot of fun if things had been different:

Moiraine and Siuan: They worked so well in New Spring and them reuniting in the main series and developing it further would have been all kinds of awesome. They are both strong personalities but different enough to make it interesting (and entertaining).

Mat and Birgitte: What is there to say? They are almost too good a fit. Maybe that would have been a problem, I don't know. But I like it.

Mat and Elayne: Don't tell me there wasn't _that_ kind of tension there. I don't see Mat enjoying the life of being married to a Queen though... but considering his current situation that can hardly be used against these two.

Perrin and Min: You just know they would have had a very long, healthy, and devoted relationship (and that's probably why it didn't happen).

Rand and Egwene: Would have been a real challenge considering their positions, but it would have been epic. I honestly think RJ could have made it work.

Mat and Elayne have so much chemistry together, and such a big potential for hilarity during the courtship and after that, it's a real shame it never happened. This would've also removed the need for the completely ridiculous Rand-Elayne romance, which is just bad on so many levels.

Just for Grins:

Tallanvor and Gawyn...didn't see THAT one coming, did ya?? ;)

Mat and Elayne or Mat and Aludra though he is much better single.

Rand and Min. Add Avi. NO ELAYNE.

Perrin SHOULD have pegged The First, but he blew that. Unlike Mat, Perrin DOES need a caretaker and Faile is actually the best suited for him, probably.

Elayne and Birgitte.

Lan and Nynaeve.

Thom and Dena - if fate had been kind.

Siuan and Gareth Bryne.

Moiraine and Berelain...ok, maybe that's just a fantasy of mine, lol! Moiraine is definitely a girl's girl, though.

Tam and Morgase...although, Morgase is such a little fireball she may need a slightly younger stallion.

Although, in defense of Tam, remember what they say: The older the violin, the sweeter the music ;)

Fish

At the end of book 3 this is how I thought it has gonna end:

Egwene and Rand (hadnt admitted to not loving each other yet)

Perrin and Min (just because the beginning and they were only two left)

Elayne and Mat (opposites attract)

Nyn and Lan (obviously)

Thom and Moiraine (nailed it!!)

Thank god I was wrong.

Okay, aside from fun stuff like Rand/Moridin, I think the couples maybe should have been thus:

Rand/Min or maybe Rand/Lanfear

Mat/Aludra

Perrin/Tuon (maybe)

Siuan/Moiraine

Avi/Elayne

Birgitte/Uno

Nynaeve/Lan (yeah, I see no reason to change that one)

And..... I'm out of ideas.

Rand and Egwene: Would have been a real challenge considering their positions, but it would have been epic. I honestly think RJ could have made it work.

At the end of book 3 this is how I thought it has gonna end:

Egwene and Rand (hadnt admitted to not loving each other yet)

Nyn and Lan (obviously)

Thom and Moiraine (nailed it!!)

Fresh from re-reading TEotW, it was great to see how Rand - Egwene started out truly in love. It is most clear in the Ways to Fal Dara, in the Blight, in the Green Man's grove, and after Rand's experience in Eye, and in Dal Fara after that. Both were stubborn; but they loved each other. I cannot stop wishing have them ending up back together. That would probably take the death of Rand's 3 others alongside Gawyn (who is on the "most likely to die in TG" list). Small chance; but I would love to see them back together.

You people are so narrow-minded. I'm disappointed, and demand that Sanderson recognize relationships of all varieties.

Matrim Cauthon, gambler, lover of horse racing, and a man with a finely-developed eye for horseflesh, clearly belongs with Bela.

Faile and Berelain.

Egwene and the Oath Rod.

Guest PiotrekS

You people are so narrow-minded. I'm disappointed, and demand that Sanderson recognize relationships of all varieties.

Matrim Cauthon, gambler, lover of horse racing, and a man with a finely-developed eye for horseflesh, clearly belongs with Bela.

Faile and Berelain.

Egwene and the Oath Rod.

Ouch :biggrin:

Egwene and Cadsuane - master giver and willing receiver.

Faile and Berelain would have stolen the thunder of everything else... the ups and downs of that relationship would have started and ended wars. Lanfear would be like a little schoolgirl throwing a fit in comparison. They'd probably have clashed together in the middle of the Last Battle and both sides would have ran away in fear of ending up as collateral damage.  

I agree with the many people saying Mat/Elayne. You could even throw a "/Birgitte" on the end there to make it even better.

Also, I know it's highly unusual and has only been mentioned by one other person in this thread, but I have a great (and possibly irrational) like for Rand/Nynaeve.

Frankly,I agree that Rand should end up with Min. Unlike Aviendha Min has no ulterior motives for loving Rand..she just does. In fact, she has said several times that he is nothing like the men she's always liked. She just loves him and she wants whats best for him. Now, I'm not really faulting Aviendha for initially attaching herself to Rand as a way to save her people. As motives go, that's about as good as you can get. However, the fact remains that she, unlike Min, has a reason she attached herself to Rand that has nothing at all to do with what's best for Rand.

Turning to Elayne,I find nothing worthwhile about her. Throughout the series she's never done anything that wasn't motivated by her wants and to hell with the consequnces. She intrudes herself into the BA hunt which results, at least in part, in the deaths of numerous poeple (Couldin and Hammar at the hand of Gawyn, among others), the WT spliting and Siuan and Leanne being stilled. And all because she didn't want to be left behind.

Then there's her war to win the crown of Andor. I know that a lot of poeple disliked the Egwene/WT storyline, but at least she was trying to save the tower (and she was not motivated by personal desires; she was forced into being the Amrylin and once there, was only acting responsibly). Can anyone say that about Elayne struggle to win the crown of andor? She intitiated a war that nearly wrecked her country and, again,caused many deaths for anything beyond her own personal gain and sense of entitlement. If she had stepped aside, Dylin would most likely be queen and the country wouldn't have been nearly torn apart. In short, she's just an insufferable, spolied pain in the ass. What does she bring to the relationship with Rand that's helpful? She won't even suppoort him in his conflict with Egwene. About the only thing that links her to Rand is the fact that's she's Ilyenya (sp?) re-born.

I've always wondered why so many people dislike Faile when everything she has done has been motivated by her love of Perrin. I know that she was immature and spolied in the beginning, but consider that she was younger than almost everyone else but Tuon and she has really grown up during her time with the Shaido. For all her faults, I don't think that anyone can point to anything she has done (Except for running away to be a hunter) that wasn't motivated by her love of Perrin and her wanting what was best for him. Elyane has never been motivated by anything but what is best for her.

A good illustration of this is when she meets Perrin and Faile in TOM. She starts off threatening them because of what happened in the Two Rivers when she should be thanking them for destroying the trolloc invasion and throwing out a small armoy of WCs with no help from the crown. Finally, someone stood up to her and told her to back off (IMHO, the best moment Faile has had) and then told her the truth and what does she do? She insists that she be given control over a part of her realm that she and her ancestors abandoned and doesn't want to grant Perrin a greater title than the other great houses. Why not, when he has done more to save her realm than anyone other person in Andor's history (at least so far as we know)? Because, it wouild anger the other houses and cause her problems.

In short, Elayne is all about what's best for Elayne.

About the only reason that Min might not be a good fit for Rand is because she doesn't channel so she'll age much faster than he does and she can't use the power to help him in a fight. On the other hand, she more than makes up for that lack with her fore-knowledge and her absolute loyalty.

All, of this is, of course, just MHO on the matter.

tud

Archived