DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could choose who ends up with whom...

t.shaleva

Wow, I have not posted here in forever!

Anyway, I always kind of wanted to see Rand and Lanfear hook up. I know it would probably have been the end of the world, but maybe he could of just got it over with and not called her back. :P

I second Mat and Elayne, that would have made her bearable, although Mat and Tuon are good together.

Of the three, I see Rand with Aviendha. Min will die and Elayne is my least favourite character in the series.

Moiraine and Thom makes no sense to me at all. Mo and Mat maybe.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would love to see Mat and Birgitte together. I would not be completely shocked if Mat somehow was Gadan (butchered that but Birgittes destined lover) and they fell in love. They get along well already and maybe to obvious but that would be hilarious.

Unlike other posters i think Min is the one for rand. He is arrogant and puffed up with power but min is simple and brings him down to earth. Later in the series avi and elayne have little development with rand and i feel like they are merely sidenotes. They love rand but never act on it other then sex and day dreams. Min is around him and is a great foil.

Perrin would be good with egwene. Both are honorable I feel the two of them take the most values from the two rivers (arguable with egwene i know). I wanted them to get together when they traveled together early in the story when perrin first learns of the wolf.

On a side not is it just me that gets really frustrated with how secretive all the characters are? perrin learns he can communicate with wolves and he either does not tell egwene or takes forever to(i cant remember). But anyway multiple times characters find out huge developments but never tell anyone! Mats dice ie....

Egwene was with Perrin when Perrin found out about his wolfbrother-ness.

Mat is not the reborn of Gaidal since Gaidal appears at Falme. Nor is he the reborn of any of the others that appeared at the same time/place.

I doubt Mat being the reborn of any Hero.

in-series prophecies seem to indicate these matches::

-Mat & Tuon

-Birgitte & a man both younger and older than her

-Rand and each 3 of his lovers (Min/Elayne/Aviendha)

-Perrin & Faile

-Egwene & Gawyn

I feel that Tam has to end up with someone. Maybe Cadsuane? Nah, well, maybe not that. Alanna? Leane? Maybe not a channeler at all. He doesn't exactly fit well with an Aes Sedai. He's a bit too sensible for that.

Tam with Selucia? Hahahahaha.

Demandred & Rand does sound funny. Other matches that would be funny are:

Demandred & Graendal

Sorilea & Cadsuane

Cyndane & Elayne

Mogy & Fain

Egwene & Tuon

Talmanes also needs to get with someone. Preferably someone over the top beautiful and intelligent enough to understand his humor.

Reviving this thread with considerations for today's date...

A few posters mentioned Rand and Nyneave. I've just started a new re-read and I once again find a bit of sexual tension between them when they meet in Baerlon.

I also agree with Cookiecrisp: Talmanes deserves someone, maybe one of those 'pretty serving maids' that Mat can't stop ogling.

Also, I'd love to see Tam get along well with Leane, but a Leane that puts aside the 'flirting for manipulation' aspect of her Arad Domani heritage. TBH, her parts in the series after the escape from Elaida's WT always got me engine started...

Back when Mat and Nyneave were first interacting, I loced that though Rand hadn't mentioned Nyn, Mat was clear on including her. Instead of the toh bit, wish they'd had a talk just them, she wouldnt apologize b/c wouldn't encourage him to risk himself for her, showdown on respect/choices to risk eventually have to be both ways, would have loved an understanding (slowly gained) even with humourous annoyance still there. Part of that tho, would have been funny if came out Mat's issues started from once having a crush on her, Nyn would be lost, lol.

Don't want them, but funny if an awkward onesided past tense bit came out, back in book 7(?)

Archived