DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEW CAGE MATCH

jwillis7

Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

I'm not familiar with him, but from reading wiki he seems more like a sidekick than a hero.

I'll be interested when the write up is out and see how the voting goes.

He is about the same height as a Hobbit but has the physical build and features of a prepubescent male/male elf. He is a Kender. Their race lacks the capacity for fear and also possesses a pathological tendency to "acquire" items they do not own. He may seem like a sidekick character, but he has been a major player in the happenings of his world and has mingled with no less than two gods personally. I'd place him on the sidekick level of R2-D2. Star Wars would be a whole lot different if it weren't for a 3-legged droid with no arms!

But I agree, the write up should be most interesting. Why would Perrin attack a benign 3'5" Kender who would rather just ask him about how cool his Hammer is? And Tas wouldn't attack Perrin, he'd just spin his hoopak and hope it scared Perrin away. I'm confused why Suvudu even picked Tas as a fighter.

Thanks for the insight. I'm interested to see why the end up fighting too. Maybe, they will run into each other and due to Perrin's ta'veren nature Tas will swear fealty to him.

This is the only chance that Perrin has against done of the fighters that outclass him. It seems anytime Perrin has run up against a more formidable for or force, the pattern saves his bacon by getting that person to join him.

I wonder if that would count as a cage match win?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

I'm not familiar with him, but from reading wiki he seems more like a sidekick than a hero.

I'll be interested when the write up is out and see how the voting goes.

He is about the same height as a Hobbit but has the physical build and features of a prepubescent male/male elf. He is a Kender. Their race lacks the capacity for fear and also possesses a pathological tendency to "acquire" items they do not own. He may seem like a sidekick character, but he has been a major player in the happenings of his world and has mingled with no less than two gods personally. I'd place him on the sidekick level of R2-D2. Star Wars would be a whole lot different if it weren't for a 3-legged droid with no arms!

But I agree, the write up should be most interesting. Why would Perrin attack a benign 3'5" Kender who would rather just ask him about how cool his Hammer is? And Tas wouldn't attack Perrin, he'd just spin his hoopak and hope it scared Perrin away. I'm confused why Suvudu even picked Tas as a fighter.

Thanks for the insight. I'm interested to see why the end up fighting too. Maybe, they will run into each other and due to Perrin's ta'veren nature Tas will swear fealty to him.

This is the only chance that Perrin has against done of the fighters that outclass him. It seems anytime Perrin has run up against a more formidable for or force, the pattern saves his bacon by getting that person to join him.

I wonder if that would count as a cage match win?

Now that would be interesting! Win by fealty, and each new match includes opponents who have sworn to him! Perrin doesn't have to fight, he just has to talk to his opponent.

I really like that they did the Beowulf write up in the style of an epic poem. Really well written. I don't buy him beating the Warded Man though.

I'm not up on a lot of these wizards so I would appreciate a list of these powerful wizards, because the only one I recognize is Snape and he couldn't beat an Accepted or Dedicated and he certainly couldn't beat the Lord of Two Rivers with the Pattern helping him out.

All of those HP wizards are just so limp in the wand, it isn't even funny.

These are the ones with supernatural abilities that I know anything about

Pug — god like powers

Jon Snow — has a direwolf (really bigass wolf) and is a likely a warg which means can "possess" and control animals though he hasn't learned any measure of control over the ability yet.

Severus Snape — obviously you're familiar with him

Quick Ben — A mage with access to 12 warrens (that's pretty bad ass) has escaped the wrath of gods multiple times and is one of the smartest people alive.

Vin — Mistborn which means she can can metabolize (or "burn") metals to gain several powerful effects.

Beowulf — strength of 30 men in each arm.

Paul Atreides — I've only read the first few books and its been a while but from what I remember he can basically see the future, has heightened reflexes, can use some sort of command tone to make people obey without thinking about it, and rides massive badass sandworms.

Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander — basically just a powerful wizard. Terry Goodkind sucks.

Molly Millions — reflective glass surgically grafted over her eyes and retractable double edged razor blades under her fingernails. I believe she also has heightened senses of some kind or something like that.

John Carter — I think he's immortal or something.

Takeshi Kovacs — "downloads" into new "sleeves" or bodies with enhanced reflexes and other abilities.

Percy Jackson — Son of Poseidon. Has pretty badass water powers. And some flying shoes.

Alvin Maker — Can shape matter around him to his will. Basically like a god.

I really think they chose Perrin to give a nod to WoT and keep the voting more fair because of the general contempt for Perrin among the fan base. God help all the other characters if they ever include Mat. Realistically I think it would be close between Pug and Quick Ben to win it. Most likely though it's gonna be Jon Snow because the impending HBO adaptation and finally announced release date for Dragons has the Ice and Fire fandom mobilized.

Thanks for the info.

I'm one of those people that don't understand why people dislike Perrin. They say his introspective times make him a whiner, but then they club Egween for not being introspective.

Me, I like almost all of the characters and find their weaknesses almost as important as their strengths.

For Perrin to get a fair shake in this he you would have to face Perrin and everthing at his disposal. The forces that Perrin has at his disposal are things he built and should be part of facing him.

So I've been surfing around WoT message boards and forums for the better part of 13 years and this is the first time that I have really picked up on the fan base's dislike for Perrin! I don't get it. I can understand him not being people's favorite character, but the sentiment in the last several posts regarding a level of disdain towards him? He is actually my favorite character and has been since book one. TSR is my favorite book 90% because of him in the Two Rivers. Why the disdain?

In the cage match, Perrin is just outclassed. In the books, many find him boring.

So I've been surfing around WoT message boards and forums for the better part of 13 years and this is the first time that I have really picked up on the fan base's dislike for Perrin! I don't get it. I can understand him not being people's favorite character, but the sentiment in the last several posts regarding a level of disdain towards him? He is actually my favorite character and has been since book one. TSR is my favorite book 90% because of him in the Two Rivers. Why the disdain?

In case you never heard but perrin got faile'ed in book 4 and pretty much ever since. He's now and forever will be a neutered empty shallow of his formerself. He can build all the mojelliner or whatever hammers he likes and it will make not a single difference. Perrin died along time ago.

It has nothing to do with Faile. He was boring before her. He was boring from his first appearance. Granted, most people won't deny his badassery in TSR. We like Perrin fine when he is killing things. It's the rest of the time we have a problem with.

I agree with Sky. Thomas Covenant is by far the most powerful character mentioned, to such an extent he would annihilate any of them without much of a thought. Magic-wise, his power is probably unparalleled.

Now Rand vs Covenant (both in their most powerful of guises) would be quite the battle to see IMO.

In case you never heard but perrin got faile'ed in book 4 and pretty much ever since. He's now and forever will be a neutered empty shallow of his formerself. He can build all the mojelliner or whatever hammers he likes and it will make not a single difference. Perrin died along time ago.

I don't agree, if anything she gave him a set and even encourages him to take them out of her pouch and keep them in his little fuzzy pouch.

I understand why people don't like him, I think is a bit ADD, and people need to get a life a complain about things that really matter instead of nit picking things.

But hey that is just my opinion and everyone knows what people say opinions.

here is the first round bracket

http://suvudu.com/fi...ck_rnd-1_r2.pdf

click on the match you want to vote on and vote, Perrin's not up yet but soon

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2011/03/cage-match-2011-tasslehoff-burrfoot-versus-perrin-aybarra.html

I voted for Perrin a few nights ago. :perrin:

well thats stupid i was on it for along time today and did not see that i could vote for perrin....

I agree Drus would kick Perrins ass.

As for Pug, well, he could just make a moon drop on you. Pug to win.

I always wondered why they never put Ashen-Shugar in the last one, Can you imagine Rand vs Ashen-Shugar? That would be an awesome fight; both swordsmen, both top end magic users.

The first fantasy series that I read was Magician. I think it would be a great idea to have Tomas in the bracket. I don't think you can have Ashen-Shugar in the bracket because he is more of a secondary character (similar to Lews Therin in the Wheel of Time). In fact, Pug is not sure that he can beat Tomas in a fight. Fyi...the next Feist book is due out in early April for those of you who read it.

For all of the people who think Perrin would lose in a fight, I think you have to take into account the tav'ern effect that Perrin has on his surroundings and how it could possibly equalize some of the magic being used against him. Remember, if a spell misfires once in a million times, it could happen and Perrin survives.

this was close

Cage Match 2011 -- Who will win: Perrin versus Paul Atreides (Poll Closed)

Perrin Aybara 50.13% (1,796 votes)

Paul Atreides 49.87% (1,787 votes)

Total Votes: 3,583

we can let it get this close again

I am glad that Perrin won because I have always thought that Paul Atriedes' abilities were overhyped, and that for years fans have underestimated just how powerful and how great of a fighter that Perrin has become.

Archived