DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEW CAGE MATCH

jwillis7

I don't think I can vote against Molly Millions from Neuromancer. :( She's actually a fair match against Perrin; neither of them would stand a chance against the wizard characters though. It's something of a silly list this time; like 85% of the characters are just good melee combatants, but then you have a handful of ridiculously powerful wizards.

Perrin probably wins the voting contest though!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I can vote against Molly Millions from Neuromancer. :( She's actually a fair match against Perrin; neither of them would stand a chance against the wizard characters though. It's something of a silly list this time; like 85% of the characters are just good melee combatants, but then you have a handful of ridiculously powerful wizards.

Perrin probably wins the voting contest though!

I'm not up on a lot of these wizards so I would appreciate a list of these powerful wizards, because the only one I recognize is Snape and he couldn't beat an Accepted or Dedicated and he certainly couldn't beat the Lord of Two Rivers with the Pattern helping him out.

All of those HP wizards are just so limp in the wand, it isn't even funny.

I've only read about half the books on the list. Zedd is pretty powerful, but he often ends up being pretty useless in the books anyway. I only read the first few Magician books but I'm told that Pug is something like a god these days. Lestat can kill people halfway across the world just by thinking of them. Even Jacob Black could kick Perrin's ass probably. Just saying.

The reason why they picked Perrin is pretty obvious - they want another fandom to win this time. Theoretically we could rally our armies to vote for Perrin and win it again, but that would make it a little less fun for everybody. Rand they can live with. That's fair - Rand would probably kick everyone's asses. Perrin, not so much.

Lestat can kill people halfway across the world just by thinking of them.

Heh, when did he become that powerful? I only read 3 of those, and in Queen of the Damned killing people at long distances was explicitly given as something vampires couldn't do, because there were "limits". I guess as time goes on, Lestat becomes even more godlike.

Even Jacob Black could kick Perrin's ass probably. Just saying.

I can't decide if that would be tragic, or hilarious. I hope they put this as one of the earlier match-ups before one or the other gets eliminated, because I want to read it!

Lestat can kill people halfway across the world just by thinking of them.

Heh, when did he become that powerful? I only read 3 of those, and in Queen of the Damned killing people at long distances was explicitly given as something vampires couldn't do, because there were "limits". I guess as time goes on, Lestat becomes even more godlike.

He does, but I honestly can't remember the details. I think it became more clear in book 4 how much powerful he had become in book 3, and there were some other things after that, which I have forgotten.

Even Jacob Black could kick Perrin's ass probably. Just saying.

I can't decide if that would be tragic, or hilarious. I hope they put this as one of the earlier match-ups before one or the other gets eliminated, because I want to read it!

I think I would write that one.

What?! No Chewbacca? OH THE INSANITY!!

Of the ones that I've read...Perrin, Jon Snow (July 12th!!!), Allanon (reading second book of series so don't know a whole lot about him), Severus, Gollum, Zedd (boooo) and Vin...I goota go with.....hmmmm.....

double KO between Vin and Snow due to outside interference from Ghost

Even Jacob Black could kick Perrin's ass probably.

Boy Jacob must be much more formidable in the books than in the suck a$$ movies. I don't think he would last 10 against a dark hound or very long against a troloc or fade, but Perrin has offed all three.

Don't think the blacksmith would even break a sweat. One arrow or one swing of his nifty new hammer and that's all she wrote for the ware boy.

I mean come on Jacob got butt kicked by a shimmering vampire with no fighting skills.

Besides Jacob wouldn't even fight him, he would fall into the pack and do whatever Young Bull tells him to do.

Even Jacob Black could kick Perrin's ass probably.

Boy Jacob must be much more formidable in the books than in the suck a$ movies.

The books do go into some more detail on their powers, yes. But even the movies manage to depict plotwise that the wolves are equals to vampires, who have superhuman strength and speed (which Perrin doesn't have). Perrin would probably win in Tel'aran'rhiod, but elsewise he'd be toast.

I mean come on Jacob got butt kicked by a shimmering vampire with no fighting skills.

1. Even the sucky movies (which are mostly sucky because of Robert Pattinson's godawful acting) pointed out that vampires are strongest (by a wide margin) when they are newborn.

2. The book does a better job of conveying that a part of Jacob knew the truth - that Bella was going to marry Edward despite the fact that she'd just kissed him - and was therefore still not quite right in the head.

Besides Jacob wouldn't even fight him, he would fall into the pack and do whatever Young Bull tells him to do.

That changes a little in Breaking Dawn. If you happen to care. :wink:

I think that you are prejudiced because you don't like Twilight. Did your girlfriend make you watch it? :biggrin:

You could be right. I'm trying not to let that influence me and I don't think it is, but you never know.

By the way, it is my wife that makes me watch them.

The overall all story isn't that bad, but the acting is bad. Mostly its the fact that the edward and bella have ZERO on screen chemistry and I just want to let the Finns at my eyes whenever those two are in a seen by themselves.

Plus the whole shimmering instead of busting into flames is just so...

(I can't think of a PC way of finishing that sentence.)

I really like that they did the Beowulf write up in the style of an epic poem. Really well written. I don't buy him beating the Warded Man though.

I'm not up on a lot of these wizards so I would appreciate a list of these powerful wizards, because the only one I recognize is Snape and he couldn't beat an Accepted or Dedicated and he certainly couldn't beat the Lord of Two Rivers with the Pattern helping him out.

All of those HP wizards are just so limp in the wand, it isn't even funny.

These are the ones with supernatural abilities that I know anything about

Pug — god like powers

Jon Snow — has a direwolf (really bigass wolf) and is a likely a warg which means can "possess" and control animals though he hasn't learned any measure of control over the ability yet.

Severus Snape — obviously you're familiar with him

Quick Ben — A mage with access to 12 warrens (that's pretty bad ass) has escaped the wrath of gods multiple times and is one of the smartest people alive.

Vin — Mistborn which means she can can metabolize (or "burn") metals to gain several powerful effects.

Beowulf — strength of 30 men in each arm.

Paul Atreides — I've only read the first few books and its been a while but from what I remember he can basically see the future, has heightened reflexes, can use some sort of command tone to make people obey without thinking about it, and rides massive badass sandworms.

Zeddicus Zu’l Zorander — basically just a powerful wizard. Terry Goodkind sucks.

Molly Millions — reflective glass surgically grafted over her eyes and retractable double edged razor blades under her fingernails. I believe she also has heightened senses of some kind or something like that.

John Carter — I think he's immortal or something.

Takeshi Kovacs — "downloads" into new "sleeves" or bodies with enhanced reflexes and other abilities.

Percy Jackson — Son of Poseidon. Has pretty badass water powers. And some flying shoes.

Alvin Maker — Can shape matter around him to his will. Basically like a god.

I really think they chose Perrin to give a nod to WoT and keep the voting more fair because of the general contempt for Perrin among the fan base. God help all the other characters if they ever include Mat. Realistically I think it would be close between Pug and Quick Ben to win it. Most likely though it's gonna be Jon Snow because the impending HBO adaptation and finally announced release date for Dragons has the Ice and Fire fandom mobilized.

So I've been surfing around WoT message boards and forums for the better part of 13 years and this is the first time that I have really picked up on the fan base's dislike for Perrin! I don't get it. I can understand him not being people's favorite character, but the sentiment in the last several posts regarding a level of disdain towards him? He is actually my favorite character and has been since book one. TSR is my favorite book 90% because of him in the Two Rivers. Why the disdain?

Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

I'm not familiar with him, but from reading wiki he seems more like a sidekick than a hero.

I'll be interested when the write up is out and see how the voting goes.

He is about the same height as a Hobbit but has the physical build and features of a prepubescent male/male elf. He is a Kender. Their race lacks the capacity for fear and also possesses a pathological tendency to "acquire" items they do not own. He may seem like a sidekick character, but he has been a major player in the happenings of his world and has mingled with no less than two gods personally. I'd place him on the sidekick level of R2-D2. Star Wars would be a whole lot different if it weren't for a 3-legged droid with no arms!

But I agree, the write up should be most interesting. Why would Perrin attack a benign 3'5" Kender who would rather just ask him about how cool his Hammer is? And Tas wouldn't attack Perrin, he'd just spin his hoopak and hope it scared Perrin away. I'm confused why Suvudu even picked Tas as a fighter.

Archived