DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEW CAGE MATCH

jwillis7

It's funny how so many of the prominent people in the WoT fandom are voting for QB...but so few of the casual fans. *sigh* QB should win! The Malazan fans have a shaved knuckle in the hole, though....they're saving it on my advice. :wink:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I like Perrin and he is one of my favorite characters in WOT, I am also a fan of the Malazan Books of the Fallen. In that series, Quick Ben is one of my favorite characters, along with Ganos Paran. Therefore, I voted for Quick Ben in this match up. However, it looks like the casual fans of WOT fandom are going to be more than enough to put Perrin over the top and be victorious over Quick Ben.... unless Terez's shaved knuckle in the hole is enough to turn the tide for Quick Ben.

I'm just not voting in the Quick Ben match-up. Malazan is pretty low on my reading list, after the Long Price Quartet and my Ice and Fire re-read. But I'm not voting for someone so obviously outmatched.

Good call. I really hope the Malazan guys can pull this one off with their shaved knuckle in the hole (which they used to beat Snape). I advised them to wait until Friday, but they might do it tomorrow (or today, since the Facebook admin is in the UK).

I am glad that Vin is ahead. She would definitely win in a legit match. I like Jon, but I feel so bitter about how freaking long it has taken for the latest book. I would love it if after Vin beats Jon, she breaks free from the Suvudu Website and finds George R.R. and shoots a few pennies at his butt to make sure he doesn't miss this latest date he has promised. :smile:

^

Yes. Yes he did. To be fair a semi-realistic way was found but only if Jaime... ya know, never allowed the Great Old One to be awoken in the first place. Then he won by forfeit.

I'm abstaining from the Quick Ben/Perrin match up. Perrin could only win this in TAR, so I give him at most 10% chance of survival. Which means I'm not voting, even though I love Perrin and have never read Malazan.

What does this mean? Vote Vin! She should own Jon, and even has a decent chance against Quick Ben!

Vin FTW! (Perrin vs. Jon consolation match please!)

Most of that catching up was done earlier when GRRM posted. Still gaining, but not as much. I'll do another shout-out later before the GMT+ people go to bed (and while the GMT- people are still at work for the most part).

LOL. You remind me of a person in the suvudu comments who was accusing the ASOIAF fans of cheating. He was like, "How did he get so many votes after 2am???" As if the whole world was on his time zone. Funny stuff.

LOL i read that post and i know at least that places have different time zones. i just don't know how they relate to my own time zone.

In any case if everything works out it should be Vin Vs Quick Ben in the final (Ben should win that one)

Hehe then if we get lucky a champion vs champion Rand vs Ben

I'm going to LOL when we get Vin and Perrin, and as the fight begins Perrin senses something familiar about Vin...

Vin quickly kills Perrin, and as Perrin dies Vin seems to shimmer...he drops to his knees and yells "THE LIGHT BURN YOU!" as the mask of illusion fades, revealing it was Rand the whole time. At which point Moridin walks up and says "Now you know how I got my nickname." and the Dark one is heard laughing.

So I go to sleep and Vin pulls ahead a bit further.

Excellent.

Most excellent.

On that note, Perrin is losing too. At least Brandon won't have a stroke now :D

Damn. I've read some of the comments in the Perrin v Quick Ben match-up and some are not kind to RJ to say the least. I mean, damn.

I don't even see this level of venom in my time on the A Song of Ice and Fire forums. Is Jordan somehow Malazan's Goodkind or something? :O

Damn. I've read some of the comments in the Perrin v Quick Ben match-up and some are not kind to RJ to say the least. I mean, damn.

I don't even see this level of venom in my time on the A Song of Ice and Fire forums. Is Jordan somehow Malazan's Goodkind or something? :O

I'm a longtime lurker of these boards, and a regular over at the MalazanEmpire.com forums. I just wanted to chime in and say that the comments about RJ (RIP) on the Suvudu match-up page are not, I can confidently say, representative of the Malazan fanbase at large. Or at least, the fanbase as it exists over at the forums. In fact, there was a lot of talk in the threads over there condemning the harsher comments, and a few of us sounded off against them.

Friendly rivalry is one thing, but poor taste and downright meanness are another. And Jordan is most certainly not Malazan's Goodkind - Goodkind is Malazan's Goodkind. :biggrin:

Cheers all.

Perrin is loosing............

GO VOTE

all of you quick ben traitors, here how it would go

perrin rips quick ben in to TAR and destroys him. DONE

Just how would Perrin rip someone into T'A'R?

j

he would need it done and TAR would make it so

I'm a longtime lurker of these boards, and a regular over at the MalazanEmpire.com forums. I just wanted to chime in and say that the comments about RJ (RIP) on the Suvudu match-up page are not, I can confidently say, representative of the Malazan fanbase at large. Or at least, the fanbase as it exists over at the forums. In fact, there was a lot of talk in the threads over there condemning the harsher comments, and a few of us sounded off against them.

Friendly rivalry is one thing, but poor taste and downright meanness are another. And Jordan is most certainly not Malazan's Goodkind - Goodkind is Malazan's Goodkind. :biggrin:

Cheers all.

Thanks for stopping by GTarrant. I've spent some time lurking on the Malazan forums and have seen the majority of posters to be a a solid bunch. Figured those comments where in no way indicative of the forums as a whole.

he would need it done and TAR would make it so

Uhh it doesn't really work like that.

Cheers all.

Ahh that's good to know. I'm not anti-Malazan but not familiar with it; it is on my reading list, bumped up a bit since I read a bit on Quick Ben. What's the basic idea of the series though?

ETA: There's also some comments about Quick Ben that seem uninformed to say the least in the comments. Not having read it, or know much about it, it still seems preposterous that the Pattern would just hand Perrin a win against someone of QB like power. It'd hand Perrin survival, I suppose, but not a win.

Archived