DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NEW CAGE MATCH

jwillis7

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably follow your progress if you do that over on Malazan. I need a refresher myself, and I'll be damn near as noobish as you when it comes to most things. I've only read books 1-8, and only once (not counting a re-read of book 1, and an attempt at book 2).

They are insanely complex--its what im proud of the mix of malazan and WOT in my write-up on the previous page. Also I enjoy writing things from the odd perspective--so a WoT Admin writing from Quick Ben's PoV in fighting Perrin amused me.

I'm starting to wonder if it amused you as much as it did me. Did you follow any of the drama?

PS - I'm going to assume for now that you did it in full knowledge, which is what I assumed in the first place. It puts the best light on things from my perspective. ;)

Vin v Quick Ben final! Make it happen folks...

who are you and where do you think you are posting...haha

lol. You know, not all of us are blindly voting for Perrin. I'm supporting QB, and so is Luckers, and so is Tamyrlin of Theoryland.

Awww, come on, don't any of you possess enough of a sadistic tendency to put Brandon in a position where he feels compelled to write up a fight between Vin and Perrin, just to see what he would do? I know I do... :biggrin:

Why would you want to put Brandon, who is basically doing us a favor by finishing the series, in a bad situation?

What do you think the odds are that the consolation match between Perrin and Jon, actually has more total voting than the championship round between Vin and QB?

At this point, I'd probably have to choose Perrin over Jon. Perrin is physically more mature, being around 22 to Jon being around 16. He also is most likely physically much bigger, though Jon is still growing. Jon was probably training in weaponry longer than Perrin, but Perrin has had much more "on the job" training.

Although things could change as some more books come out, if some of the Jon theories pan out, there may be more to him than what is revealed so far.

As it stands Perrin would probably beat Jon in a real fight, but voting wise... and I wouldn't be surprised if that match ends up with the most votes of all.

For now i don't know enough about QB/Vin to vote logically, so i will make my own determination when the voting begins.

I don't know anything about Vin (having not read those books). I was sorry when Jon lost though. However I have read all TMBOTF and having read the last one now hate the whole series, and hated Quick Ben's character even before that. So I will be cheering for Vin and drink a hearty toast to her if she can rid the world of Quick Ben.

Quick Ben is an awesome high mage, and a great hero. SingleMort, why do you hate him?

I him him because its soo annoying the way he hordes vital information continually and reapeatedly again and again because... Well who knows why (and he's not the only one) It's like at times he feels that there's no need to tell people things becuase he thinks they aren't ready to know or becuase he'll deal with them himself, even if its vitally important for them to know. There were times when I just wanted to grab hold of him and shake him very hard until he gave up his damn secrets.

Saying that I don't hate him as much as Kruppe

But then again I since the Crippled God I hate most things Malazan, so I'm hardly unbiased.

To me, The Crippled God is an GREAT ending to a GREAT series. The only book in the near future I anticipate being better than The Crippled God for me will be A Memory of Light.

If Memory of Light is anything like the Crippled God I may just have to bash my head against a wall until my brains are pulp. Either that or kill BS. I thank my lucky stars I can still rely on Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire.

SingleMort,

I want to understand why you hate The Crippled God so much. There is already a Malazan Books of the Fallen thread here on dragonmount.com. Please click on this: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/4737-the-malazan-book-of-the-fallen-thread/ and join in the discussion there. Since I enjoyed MBotF series so much, I am interested in hearing your views and opinions as to why you disliked it so very much after reading all ten books of MBotF.

I think either would get creamed by Rand. But they should probably wait a month or so to do a champion's battle? People are getting kinda sick of it. (Not me, of course, but people.)

The final, Quick Ben vs Vin, is up:

http://sf-fantasy.su...-quick-ben.html

And the consolation match, Perrin vs Jon Snow, is also up:

http://sf-fantasy.su...rin-aybara.html

The current vote totals in the Consolation match are:

Perrin with 1,236 or 74.91% of the votes.

Jon Snow with 414 or 25.09% of the votes.

In the Championship match, the current vote totals are:

Quick Ben with 1,820 or 50.22% of the votes.

Vin with 1,804 or 49.78% of the votes.

Archived