DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Four Lines of the Dragon Reborn?

Shadowfaxx

In ToM, the part where Aviendha is Ladalin, Aiel Wise One, she mentions that she is the the descendant of the Dragon (and Aviendha). Quote: "She was of the lineage of the Dragon, one of the last living. The other three lines had been killed off."-ToM, pg. 726, Chapter: The Court of the Sun

It says the other three lines. But we know for sure that Rand already has three consorts, and therefore three lines. However, this was written from a Dragon-born's point of view. Does that mean that there is going to be a fourth line? And whom might that be from?

Speculation on the Fourth:

It could be Lanfear, especially when taking in the fact that Brandon Sanderson threw in that last tidbit of Cyndane in Rand's dream. Does she... dare I say it... reform?

Just a bit of random speculation. Comment?

-Shadowfaxx

In ToM, the part where Aviendha is Ladalin, Aiel Wise One, she mentions that she is the the descendant of the Dragon (and Aviendha). Quote: "She was of the lineage of the Dragon, one of the last living. The other three lines had been killed off."-ToM, pg. 726, Chapter: The Court of the Sun

It says the other three lines. But we know for sure that Rand already has three consorts, and therefore three lines. However, this was written from a Dragon-born's point of view. Does that mean that there is going to be a fourth line? And whom might that be from?

It could be Lanfear, especially when taking in the fact that Brandon Sanderson threw in that last tidbit of Cyndane in Rand's dream. Does she... dare I say it... reform?

-Shadowfaxx

You must not have read that section carefully. Aviendha is going to have 4 children by rand, that is the 4 lines

-Shadowfaxx

Re Lanfaer/Cyndane: It's a trap!

As Kvothe mentioned, Aviendha is going to have quadruplets.

Agreed. Of Avi's 4 kids, only 1 lineage survived to that point in time. The other 3 lines from the Rand/Avi coupling had died off by that point.

It is also interesting to note that by that time, The Lineage of the Dragon no longer ensured the ability to channel. Even though Avi's kids can channel continuously (even while asleep) her line did not continue with that ability.

Aviendha's kids are amazing: Can channel as kids, presumably 'out of the womb', can channel at the speed of thought (which would make them superior to any channeler ever, given strength), and I presume they would all be of incredible strength. If Avi's kids were in the fight now as adults, they would be owning the Forsaken.

Avi's kids seemed pretty monstrous to me. All that power, all the time, it seemed really unnatural. And they reminded me of Paul's little sister from Dune. The creepy one.

what seemed monstrous to me is how the Aiel put them as hereditory rulers so to speak. Along with Rhuarcs son... it seemed unnatural

And they reminded me of Paul's little sister from Dune. The creepy one.

St. Alia of the knife. I guess the resemblance is there, including a very strong sense of entitlement. Still, I like Alia (I just read a very cool Alia scene from Sandworms today).

-Shadowfaxx

Always dangerous speculation, that. (As Thom might say) ... Brandon has repeatedly said that he will not be adding any NEW plot twists so any possible ''Lanfear seduces/entraps Rand'' twist would almost have to have come from RJ's notes/directives/outline. ... I also seriously doubt Harriet or Alan or Maria would allow Brandon to just throw in some new twist at the last minute because it sounds cool.

Also, I think one thing that has been overlooked a little bit is the fact that Jordan HAD written personally at least 100,000 words. Now, since AMOL is going to come in at almost One Million words, 100, 000 may not sound like alot, but it DOES mean that we ARE going to bump into actual Jordan writing on a fairly regular basis here and there throughout TGS, TOM and AMOL Parts 1 and 2.

Now, I have it CONFIRMED that much of that 100, 000 comes from:

1 The very end of AMOL

2 The Mat Parts that ended up in the middle of TOM

3 The entire Tower of Ghenji Rescue Sequence

4 The ''Semirahge in Captivity'' parts that ended up in TGS.

However, we are still going to occasionally run into Jordan-Written parts here and there. Speculation until we know for sure in the post-series encyclopedia is very iffy and dangerous.

I will say that one thing that has been cracking me up is all the praise Sanderson has been getting (and I love Brandon) for really getting Mat right in TOM when the truth is that Mat was 80% written by RJ in TOM, lol. ... No wonder Mat in TOM felt so much like the ''old Mat'', eh, lol? ;-)

- Fish

Why Im Thankful To 2010: Getting to hear the phrase ''At the end of the day'' 6 Brazillion times and words like ''Trending'' - ''Fail'' - Epic'' - ''Ownage'' and ''FTW'' (Or is that last one an actual 'word'?) ... Also Im thankful that my suspicions about Graendal were right alll along...That she IS hotter than Halima, Berelain and Lanfear.

''I have another man to kill first."- Thom Merrilin; a gleeman and one-time court bard...known by some as 'The Gray Fox' - according to Moiraine Damodred; an Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah.

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

-Shadowfaxx

Always dangerous speculation, that. (As Thom might say) ... Brandon has repeatedly said that he will not be adding any NEW plot twists so any possible ''Lanfear seduces/entraps Rand'' twist would almost have to have come from RJ's notes/directives/outline. ... I also seriously doubt Harriet or Alan or Maria would allow Brandon to just throw in some new twist at the last minute because it sounds cool.

Also, I think one thing that has been overlooked a little bit is the fact that Jordan HAD written personally at least 100,000 words. Now, since AMOL is going to come in at almost One Million words, 100, 000 may not sound like alot, but it DOES mean that we ARE going to bump into actual Jordan writing on a fairly regular basis here and there throughout TGS, TOM and AMOL Parts 1 and 2.

1 The very end of AMOL

However, we are still going to occasionally run into Jordan-Written parts here and there. Speculation until we know for sure in the post-series encyclopedia is very iffy and dangerous.

I will say that one thing that has been cracking me up is all the praise Sanderson has been getting (and I love Brandon) for really getting Mat right in TOM when the truth is that Mat was 80% written by RJ in TOM, lol. ... No wonder Mat in TOM felt so much like the ''old Mat'', eh, lol? ;-)

- Fish

Why Im Thankful To 2010: Getting to hear the phrase ''At the end of the day'' 6 Brazillion times and words like ''Trending'' - ''Fail'' - Epic'' - ''Ownage'' and ''FTW'' (Or is that last one an actual 'word'?) ... Also Im thankful that my suspicions about Graendal were right alll along...That she IS hotter than Halima, Berelain and Lanfear.

''I have another man to kill first."- Thom Merrilin; a gleeman and one-time court bard...known by some as 'The Gray Fox' - according to Moiraine Damodred; an Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah.

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

You're saying that AMOL is going to be 2 books?

I, personally, hope it will. Having just 1 book for all the things that are yet to happen would be extremely rushed. Anyhow, have any official info or just your own speculation? Or did I just... Misinterpret that? xD

-Shadowfaxx

1 The very end of AMOL

- Fish

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

I, personally, hope it will. Having just 1 book for all the things that are yet to happen would be extremely rushed. Anyhow, have any official info or just your own speculation? Or did I just... Misinterpret that? xD

Do I think AMOL will be split?

I would bet everything I own on it.

- Fish

Okay, sorry.

I know that Aviendha had quadruplets, but I couldn't figure out whether he was referring to the line of the four quadruplets, or to the overall three lines.

Confuscation.

-Shadowfaxx

P.S. Is Dune good? Contemplating reading it.

Dune is pretty good. Alia is kind of awesome (admittedly, in a creepy sort of way). The sequels . . . get weird (more mysticism, mostly, and some spoiler-ish things). The 2006 movie is pretty bad, I think (I got to the third scene of people, and decided that the shields' special effects have earned who ever did the special effects unemployment). There was an older movie, which I vaguely recall as good (but it has been long enough, I couldn't say what the plot was, even having now read the book).

-Shadowfaxx

I'm pretty sure that the four lines she is referring to are the four Aiel lines descending form Avi's quadruplets. In typical Aiel fashion she has simply discounted any wetlander lines descending from Elayne and possibly Min.

- Fish

You mean, split ince more? You really think Team Jordan and BS are THAT bad at judging the lenght of 1 book, that they need to split it again, after having done so once already?

The 1 million words you mention will be pretty close with 1 more book, not 2.

-Shadowfaxx

1 The very end of AMOL

- Fish

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

- Fish

I hope not. If they split this book any further then I will be convinced that this series is cursed to never end :)

Okay, sorry.

I know that Aviendha had quadruplets, but I couldn't figure out whether he was referring to the line of the four quadruplets, or to the overall three lines.

Confuscation.

There are not three lines overall. A wife is not a line of descent, a child is.

- Fish

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

I think someday, someone might have to sit you down and explain the concept of a "sig".

AMoL will not be two books. The current estimate is for less than either TGS or ToM, and if it did have to expand it could do so for quite a way beyind those lengths before it started hitting the lengths of LoC, TSR, or WoK, and a further split really became necessary. Current estimate is, according to wikipedia, 250,000 words. ToM was 328K, TSR (the longest WoT book) was 394K, and WoK was about 400K. There is quite a lot of room for growth before they can really justify another split.

-Shadowfaxx

It seems to me it's a very human thing to hold changing one's view on matters as grave as this (opening the bore, fighting for Lews Therin's affection) until a drastic event forces that person to change their view (for most people, this is simply an epiphony[sp]).

I agree with your speculation; I think she does reform. But there's no getting over that Moridin has her cor'souvra. She'll sacrifice herself to help seal the Bore.

Okay, sorry.

Confuscation.

There are not three lines overall. A wife is not a line of descent, a child is.

- Fish

WAR The Gray Fox!!!

I think someday, someone might have to sit you down and explain the concept of a "sig".

AMoL will not be two books. The current estimate is for less than either TGS or ToM, and if it did have to expand it could do so for quite a way beyind those lengths before it started hitting the lengths of LoC, TSR, or WoK, and a further split really became necessary. Current estimate is, according to wikipedia, 250,000 words. ToM was 328K, TSR (the longest WoT book) was 394K, and WoK was about 400K. There is quite a lot of room for growth before they can really justify another split.

Mr Sir:

Two Things:

1 Can I sit on your lap?

2 Have you read WOK - and, if so, did you like it?

3 Whats wrong with my sig?

- Fish

Mr Sir:

Two Things:

1 Can I sit on your lap?

2 Have you read WOK - and, if so, did you like it?

3 Whats wrong with my sig?

- Fish

You copy pasted the Sig into your post, rather than actually add a sig from "Profile -> Change Signature"

Archived