DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Just do as I said, go to run type %appdata% and open the .minecraft folder then press enter. It'll open the folder.

File path is something like C:\user\name\appdata If you have hidden folders 'hidden' you won't be able to see em without typing it in.

i don't dare play it on my computor anymore since it keeps crashing, so i just play in on the website.

the screen is smaller but after so long with it, it feels wierd to go full-screen

and a WOT-server sounds awesome.

how does multiplayer work actually? i haven't tried it.

Mine keeps crashing when I use the downloaded version and it starts lagging really bad right when I open it up. It also lags on the website. i wonder if it's because i don't have enough memory on my computer or it can't handle it for some reason?

So I haven't played in a while and been bummed.

Try turning down the view distance, as I find that's one of the things that affects performance the most.

I d/ld a mod that adds a bunch of creatures, including flying ones that can be saddled, but I forget the name, and I haven't tried it out yet.

A mod that adds some kind weaving or channeling would be pro. That might also help with the difficulty level.

• Community Administrator

Just having someone make a wot texture pack turning Zombies into Trollocs, Skeltons into Myrdaal, Spiders into those flying dragkar things, and of course, creepers into Boubles of Evil...

A. Pseudonym, what texture pack/mod are you using???

I posted on page 5 listing the mods I use:

If you're gonna use a texture mod I suggest you use this patcher which will install it for you quickly and simply: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=46173

Just use that application to open the .rar file the textures come in and click Patch. Does the rest itself.

Do this before you install any other mods though, as it seems to delete them after you use it. Just do the other mods after you get the new textures you want.

-------------------

People should also take note of this new mod called the Aether, a sort of reverse Nether which they're adding to the game world, high in the sky. You make portals to get there out of glowstone:

89XCE.jpg

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=211244&sid=f74ea9be254a5e54f3258a1c601dfd90

It's not out yet, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda new to these forums, so I'd like to ask a question, is there a wheel of time server around here, with the sole purpose of recreating the WoT world?

If there is, it would be so awesome, though difficult...

Furthermore, I love minecraft, I have some private server with a friend of mine, its completely vanilla, with creepers etc. Now we have a huge cactus wall around all our shit, and everything inside is lightened pretty nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Rain and snow? Never seen that.

Also I've seen utorials on Youtube that show how to build water traps that funnel items to one spot, but actually doing it is hard.

Also after the patch, lava seems to behave differently. Any time I use my bucket to trasnfer lava to a pit as a waste disposal, it disappears.

Also I wanted to make glass lava tubes, but it totally destroys them.

Ok, so rain makes saplings grow faster. A lot faster, as I just had one grow into a full-sized tree in less than a day. But rain seems to also make sheep regrow their wool a lot faster, which is awesome as I'm currently collecting dyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived