DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snap! Thats what I always feel when I enter it. Wish it worked in MP. One of the most entertaining things about the game is entering the nether, running for as long as you can without dying, and building a portal there and seeing where you end up in the real world. Awesome.

I can't stress the joy of MP enough, in case anyone noticed.

• Community Administrator

HighWiredSith, while the idea of building wot-buildings in minecraft singleplayer, is good, in that it gives him a 'project' to work on, the idea sunk into my subconcious, and gave me a brilliant idea.

Minecraft, Wot server!

using a map-editor to create a rand-land environment, and DM'ers and other wot fans to actually Build!

Well, they have what they call whitelist servers, in that, only those you allow in, are well, allowed in.

Another method is, they have tools, that lets you roll back, if griefers destroy anything.

I tried this tool called MCedit, and while it works, not quite what is needed to get a 'wot' map into minecraft.

If someone had made a gray scale hieght map generator tool for minecraft, it' be perfect.

If you don't know what that is, its basically a topographical map, on the gray-scale, where each color on the... gray scale, represents an 'elevation', or texture type. So escentially you'd make, White = snow, Black = water. and anything between would be sand, gravel, dirt, ect. Everything 'below' the 'top' plane would just be randomly generated like normal. And seeing how I already have a grayscale map of wot available, or did, (not that hard to make) It be a simple matter of finding a program that does it, and then uploading the grayscale to create that world, than making the server.

They have, on minecraftforum.net links to the server options, and how to make them.

If I had a better connection, I'd do it myself, but it be a lag fest over 2 people. ;)

I would also gladly host, but ping times from the East Coast of Australia are probably not the greatest :P

Also, it's going to suck mining all that iron for the tower of ghenjei.

I've seen people hack the freakin Xbox Kinect into making images of themselves in minecraft, so surely there is a tool out there somewhere that is appropriate...

I would also gladly host, but ping times from the East Coast of Australia are probably not the greatest :P

Also, it's going to suck mining all that iron for the tower of ghenjei.

I've seen people hack the freakin Xbox Kinect into making images of themselves in minecraft, so surely there is a tool out there somewhere that is appropriate...

Well, theres a program you can attach to the server called bukkit or something liek that, possibly don't even need it, but you can escentially create commands like

/giveme iron 50000 and it gives you 500000 iron so you don't actually have to mine it, creating for a cleaner, city building map. ;)

Why would you make multiple holes in a city? Make one shaft, inside a building, dig down, and expand outwards. That is how I build, and i don't have a single visible mineshaft on my map.

Of course. No one likes an ugly map. I was just saying, level editor/material hax would be better for such a project.

Though, theres a thing to be said about dynamiting a hole to the center of the earth...

So the minecraft forcefield:

Get four lengths of track, place them thusly, with blocks at either end

O==O

O==O

Place a cart on each track. Then place ANOTHER cart on each track. By now, they should be going crazy. After about 10 minutes or so, the last cart you placed should be winking in and out of existance.

After the ten minutes, place a two-length track, again with blocks, perpendicular to the device, and chuck a cart on it. It could quite literally explode at this point, or just go nuts itself. By now, you should be feeling a force pushing you away from your devil machine. Your mob-blocker is complete.

PS, any mine cart track that goes past this construct, there is a few squares that give off MAX velocity boost, and any carts travelling past them have the potential to travel 1000 blocks across flat ground on tracks. Try walking 1000 blocks. It's a damn long way.

hmm, interesting. I know when I youtubed it, they used water or something on it.

Krak, heres something for you to do.

find a few sheep.

Obtain at least 3 blocks of wool

Than, find a tree, and grab 3 or 4 blocks of tree.

turn the trees into wood planks.

Make a crafting table.

(2x2 in your personal crafting area on your character.)

Then, place crafting table, open it up, and leave the top three rows blank.

In the second row, put 1x3 Wool, and in the bottom 3, put 1x3 wood planks.

You are now the lucky new owner of a brand new spanking bed.

And whats a bed do?

Simple, you place it, and now you can sleep through the night!

Beware though, if you place it in the open, you will be eaten. ;)

Archived