DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Community Administrator

Yea, it isn't very efficient, and its something like 75% of the stuff is obliterated, but the main goal isn't to get materials, its to get deep down into the ground, to get to the rarer materials. (and destroy any creatures :P)

as for that method, you don't need a say, 3x3 with the middle empty and put tnt in there, whack it, for it to work, All thats required is that you can 'attach' it to somethings 'face', so when you hit it, and gravity takes over, it drops.

It is also very important, to judge the initial drop distance, so you don't blow the platform up.

Glass platform, is merely so you can see the tnt dropping.

Once you get deep enough, counting till they explode is less required, infact you can chain them to the point they'll explode before the one after it even touches base. You don't want two 'landing' before exploding, as 1 explodes, one lands next to it before it explodes, causes it flying off in a random direction, creating a non-uniform 'hole'.

I'll try and post a picture of my 'hole'. (LOL sounds so bad. :P)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did that once, then I had a bunch of penis catus spawn in my spawn area, which led to alot of jumping...

Btw, my 'first' game, I was on a desert island, It was great, I got to build a sand castle. Then I had to swim a mile and a half to shore just to get to a new area...

I wonder if you can move your spawn Point in Beta...

(on a side, I tried to buy minecraft beta, but It won't let me, so I had to go about other means, until I can actually buy it... I realy want to do the online aspect of it)

Servers are a bit funny at the moment. Check out creators blog "Word of Notch". Google it, I ain't holding your hand.

I know there are third party mods that let you change the spawn, but if you are playing through the website then I highly doubt it.

I tend to generate new maps over and over until I find an awesome spawn point. It can take an hour haha, but so worth it.

I think the alpha version let you pick up your spawn point... at least I believe I read that in the wiki.

You can download minecraft, and thats the method I did it, as the only version on the 'net' i can play, is the alpha vesrion, freebie,= no survival mode. lameness. I had to procure beta through other channels.

I just bought it off of the website and in the Beta. I am not too much to the online aspect. I have been trying it out of different modes, but it isn't as fun to me as peaceful. I have Borderlands, TF2, BioShock, and the Bulletstorm demo for my shooting games. This is my creativity game for right now...lol.

so i wanted to finally try it, but because i'm not sure if it is for me and i'm a cheap bastard,

i downloaded it in Torrent-form for now and thought if i like it i'd get the real deal.

but there must be somwthng wrong, the game keeps crashing all the time and then i respawn in...i don't know where. but it's dark, i can't move and i die instantly. i think i spawn inside the ground and get crushed or something.

i hope it's just that Torrent that has this problem, and not the whole thing, but it's not exactly making me want to buy it.

When did dynamite become so fun?

I spent about an hour or so last night tunnelling through a giant mountain, placing dynamite every few steps, across all three axis, with the the intent to hollow the bastard out for my evil lair HQ.

It worked. Best use of like 250 dynamites ever. And it's all thanks to my friends brilliant Mob trap, which basically gives us unlimited sulfur/arrows/feathers etc. Brilliant.

Dunno.

I finally was able to obtain the real thing. (finally accepted my debit card).

and just in time!

Dispenser funn-ness!!!!

Whats it do?

well, you put an arrow in it, and it shoots it out!!!

So, I'm highly considering, re-making my air ship of dhooom.

With dispenser arrows, instead of tnt cannons...

oh, as far as tnt cannons go.

Its best used with obsidian, but stone works to.

Best way to make them work is, you basically need to have blocks shaped in a U shape, extending say, 4 blocks long.

-_- kinda like that.

Then you need to use a bucket of water at the 'closed' end, and have an open end.

at the open end, you need to use one of those 'half blocks' this prevents the water from actually escaping or some such thing.

Then you need to do something like this..

.._

-_-

(. = blank)

Now, you basically put the tnt along the tall side.

I believe it works in that, when you drop the tnt blocks into the water, it nullifies there effects on the surrounding blocks, but it causes the tnt on the 'short block' to be launched out.

The more tnt you use, the longer it launches.

Or you can just youtube minecraft tnt cannons.

We were playing last night, and my friend was attempting to make a forcefield generator. I just blew up a mountain instead in a controlled TNT demolition.

Took about an hour to place 5 full stacks of TNT, but my god, when it blew, it bought a tear to my eye. It also crashed the server, but hey the price you pay right.

Did anyone see that youtube of the dispensers firing arrows through the wall of flame? It was on the minecraft front page for a while.

Also awesome? Mob traps. basically a giant dark room with water flowing all in one direction towards a lava pit, suspended over a gap with the aid of two signs. The mob dies, his items get dropped into another flow of water, delivering a constant stream of arrows, bone, and sulfur :D

Archived