DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Krakalakachkn

It isn't bad. It definitely unlocks some pretty cool things if you want to make a build around being a werewolf or vamp, they added skill trees for each transformable state. Horseback warfare is much approved, plus they introduce crossbows.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Is it worth the money though?  I already have mounted combat...

Well, on the pc there are cheaper means of obtaining it....

I myself would have personally waited till the price dropped sub $10. (mostly becuase it was rather short campiegn...)

It's a bit longer than that. I'm pretty sure it added 10 more hours of gameplay with the Dawnguard main quest. There are also a good number of side missions to go on as well, I never did play as a vamp though. I gotta say, being a werewolf and destroying the vamps was pretty awesome though :biggrin:

It's a bit longer than that. I'm pretty sure it added 10 more hours of gameplay with the Dawnguard main quest. There are also a good number of side missions to go on as well, I never did play as a vamp though. I gotta say, being a werewolf and destroying the vamps was pretty awesome though :biggrin:

Well, that depends if you count piggy-backing on (for vampire at least) one of the MQ-lines. (elderscroll requirement)

I think, had I not had to go play through on one of my characters, to get that far, I could probably have got through DG  (minus all the bazillion side-quests) in under 6 hours. Still dunno if $20 justifies the amount of content in it...$15 perhaps... Just seems that with all the MQs & side quests, if i costs $20, it should equate out to 25% of skyrim in the number of gameplay hours. :tongue:

Well, that depends if you count piggy-backing on (for vampire at least) one of the MQ-lines. (elderscroll requirement)

I think, had I not had to go play through on one of my characters, to get that far, I could probably have got through DG  (minus all the bazillion side-quests) in under 6 hours. Still dunno if $20 justifies the amount of content in it...$15 perhaps... Just seems that with all the MQs & side quests, if i costs $20, it should equate out to 25% of skyrim in the number of gameplay hours. :tongue:

Well.. 25% of the gameplay from regular... so its an additional 500 hours? xD

Well.. 25% of the gameplay from regular... so its an additional 500 hours? xD

sure! :wink:

Dragonborn was defiantely more worth the money though imo. Mostly for the new island. (though, they could have done more imo)

Okay, so I'm been browsing the Skyrim Blog website and looking over character builds.

I think I'm going to do a Paladin type of character, follower of Stendarr or Meridian. Not really sure which one I'm leaning more towards... Dawnbreaker is obviously awesome when fighting undead, but I might just rock an axe instead.

Hmmm...

Spears would be cool. So I've been mulling over this idea and think I've finally come up with a good one. I shall make him Julius. He's gonna be an old salty Imperial, prior army turned Vigiliant.

1h (axe with fire enchantment), block, restoration(DG has awesome undead spells), archery (for crossbow), heavy armor (gauntlets and boots. I'll be wearing robes otherwise), and a little hint of alchemy so I can mix buffers and Cure Disease as my main mission will be to hunt/kill vamps

Spears would be cool. So I've been mulling over this idea and think I've finally come up with a good one. I shall make him Julius. He's gonna be an old salty Imperial, prior army turned Vigiliant.

1h (axe with fire enchantment), block, restoration(DG has awesome undead spells), archery (for crossbow), heavy armor (gauntlets and boots. I'll be wearing robes otherwise), and a little hint of alchemy so I can mix buffers and Cure Disease as my main mission will be to hunt/kill vamps

Update: Robes suck. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was kicking my butt. Full on plate armor now, minus the helm. Looking to get an enchanted circlet to wear.

HAHAAHA XDD Yeah... robes...

I was planing on making a twink assassin - wow term

Pure assassin - runescape term

One handed, Sneak. That was all I wanted to skill up.

Somewhere along the way I forgot that and suddenly my archer skill is 30 levels higher than my one handed skill >_<

And my pickpocket is 98... my lockpicking is 70.. So when I was failing so terribly, I thought I might aswell do it properly

So now my smithing is 80, planing to get it up to 100, use pots/items and make myself an dragonbone bow for the first time.

Update: Robes suck. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, was kicking my butt. Full on plate armor now, minus the helm. Looking to get an enchanted circlet to wear.

The point of robes isnt to defend xD its to destroy everything before it gets close.  Theyre light so you can run far and fast xD

Lol I suppose you're right. I wasn't going in blindly though, I would cast a flesh spell and then sword&board FTW. I was just having a lot of close calls. I like the aspects of this character though, using Restoration as a primary weapon/healing.

I've been toying with an idea of making a Breton conjuror/sneak type. Primary skills 1h, sneak, archery, conjuration, and I want to experiment some with illusion.

Lol I suppose you're right. I wasn't going in blindly though, I would cast a flesh spell and then sword&board FTW. I was just having a lot of close calls. I like the aspects of this character though, using Restoration as a primary weapon/healing.

I've been toying with an idea of making a Breton conjuror/sneak type. Primary skills 1h, sneak, archery, conjuration, and I want to experiment some with illusion.

Never liked the magic-shield spells.. just doesn't seem to work as well as the real deal (imo) (specially without shield bash!)

And personally never found the undead-fear spells all that worthwhile. (imo) Seems more prudent to just tear the head off of the undead, than to make them run away and go chasing after them! :wink:

Any of you play Skyrim on the PC? Lately just found some awesome mods for it. Aside from the Immersive Weapons and Armors mods, I really like the companion Vilja mod. I think its the first time Ive seen someone make an interesting companion with a backstory and quests of thier own.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1601

'nuff said? :wink:

Any of you play Skyrim on the PC? Lately just found some awesome mods for it. Aside from the Immersive Weapons and Armors mods, I really like the companion Vilja mod. I think its the first time Ive seen someone make an interesting companion with a backstory and quests of thier own.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26393

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9782

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1601

'nuff said? :wink:

Interesting!! Are the mods well balanced? - Saw the summon undead dragon spell book xP

Nice mods, I think the Moonpath one looks really good. As for the other......I mean serious, dual wield two handed weapons? Insanity!  ;)

dunno anything about that. I just know Its in general, a crafting mod. (adds tons of new smithing recipes)

As well as introduces Farming.

Archived