DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Field of Merrilor

Luckers

Put me in the camp that thinks the Dragon's Peace (with some changes made by Avi) will be agreed to. Aid will have to be sent to Caemlyn, Lan, the Borderlands, and probably the WT, too.

Caemlyn. Has 1/2 the Band, the Kin, some WF's, and whatever Elayne left behind. Plus the rebel AS delegation to the BT. I'd assume the rest of the Band would hurry back from Cairhien through a gateway, and that Mat & Mo will arrive as well. If it comes to light that gateways don't work there, and Rand mentions the Dreamspike, and Perrin connects the dots, then I think he AND Rand could also go, with a large part of their forces.

The Borderlanders will go to reinforce the Borderlands, and to help Lan. As will Nynaeve. I think most of the Aiel will also head north, along with the Wise Ones. Black veils verses red. Plus, whatever happened to Renald Fanwar? They've got to be somewhere.

That will leave Tear, Illlian, Cairhien, Egwene's force, the Famer's army, and whatever is left of Perrin's forces to deal with the WT attack. I think the remnants of the BT will join them. Also, Egeanin has to save Egwene's bacon.

After Caemlyn/BT and the WT are secure, the rest of the forces will head to SG or be used to help the Borderland defense, as needed.

Though I didn't really like the way ToM unfolded, too many jarring oddities and time left unaccounted for, the first 10 chapters of aMoL should be dynamite.

Why do people keep thinking Mat will go back to Caemlyn? Grady went with Perrin to the FoM. That's where he'll end up with Moiraine and Thom, imo. Others will be left to deal with the invasion of Caemlyn.

or he will go straight to the white tower to get his horn back, taking advantage of the fact that most of the Aes Sedai are out of the tower at the FoM, plus Tar Valon is on the way there anyway

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caemlyn also has all those mercenaries. It would be awesome if Talmane were able to rally all the mercenaries into the band, making it a force the same size as perrins. They could argue over who has the bigger army...

It would take a lot of work to get them ready before the Last Battle if Talmanes really did gather them all together

The caemlyn force will be in trouble, and at the end i think the seanchan will be lured into the alliance and be removed of their damane. Possibly with the help of Egwene who has secretly trained every Aes Sedai and accepted to use the windtrick to remove a'dams.

If there's one unnecessary non-sharing of information in the series that grates me more then any other it's the trick to open a'dams. Lets remember here the Seanchan are still copying the original design, they don't design new ter'angreal. They aren't the Borg. If the AS know this trick and are still captured, they don't have time to come up with a new version, create them and distribute everywhere.

My biggest gripe against Egwene is different to most others and given her history as a damane utterly unforgivable IMO. That at the bare minimum as soon as she took control of the rebels she had every AS, Accepted and Novice in the rebel camp learn the trick. It's a flick of the Power. Any Novice who can juggle the little globes of light should be able to do it.

Then when she's captured by the Tower, they disregard her warning. How fraking hard would it have been for her to go 'I know you don't believe me, but here is the Weave to open an a'dam just in case' for each 'lesson' she took? Tiny amount of Power she could have woven whilst drugged with Forkroot. I mean she KNOWS an attack is coming, has an extremely useful and timely Weave that could make a MAJOR difference to the outcome and doesn't even TRY to teach a SINGLE Aes Sedai it?!?

Then the Seanchan attack and she's made Amyrlin. Oooh, golden opportunity to have every Aes Sedai learn it, so when the inevitable round 2 comes around the Seanchan are busy fighting the AS only for their damane to keep on being freed. Which from earlier reactions, result in either the Damane punching the Sul'dam (TGH), striking out at everyone with the Power (which given they are trying to take down the AS, makes it no worse for them) or cower awaiting re-collaring. In all cases the Sul'dam are at best without the Power for a time or worse - beaten or dead at their 'pets' hands.

Oh and how about she passes it onto the Kin, Windfinders and Aiel. It's not like any of them have lost channelers to the Seanchan :rolleyes: It's a plot contrivance to make the Seanchan remain a threat. The next battle against them SHOULD be a cakewalk with their damane being freed left and right. That this weave requiring so little Power is kept for the story as a 'wondergirl' only trick - you could drive a truck through that plot hole. I'd be happy to be proved wrong in AMOL and find off screen Egwene has passed this knowledge onto everyone and the Seanchan get their rears spanked and Tuon is left facing Rand in chains, but I wouldn't put any money down on it.

Snap an a'dam around her neck, that will clear it all up.

that will do much harm then good I think but I would damn like it

Ditto. She needs a good old style smackdown that would deeply lower her eyes for years so much that even as an empress, whenever she sees Rand or a female channeler, she would lower her eyes and thus, as the embodiment of the Empire, the Empire would lower its eyes for a long time.

Move the dreamspike there first? Granted, Perrin knows how to move it, but protect it heavily in TAR.

Unfortunately, they will immediately know what is happening. Rand can simply jump to TAR and destroy dreamspike.

simply? If the shadow sets Slayer to defend the spike and Rand goes in alone there will be no "simply" for Rand. Perrin+Egwene will be better.

Move the dreamspike there first? Granted, Perrin knows how to move it, but protect it heavily in TAR.

Unfortunately, they will immediately know what is happening. Rand can simply jump to TAR and destroy dreamspike.

simply? If the shadow sets Slayer to defend the spike and Rand goes in alone there will be no "simply" for Rand. Perrin+Egwene will be better.

I've got a feeling that just like Saidar or Saidin shields and those male adam thingies, that thee dream spike wasn't designed to stop the TP. Rang can "Simply" open up a gateway for many full circles of Aes Sedai to walk through. Whether he would or not is another story.

The caemlyn force will be in trouble, and at the end i think the seanchan will be lured into the alliance and be removed of their damane. Possibly with the help of Egwene who has secretly trained every Aes Sedai and accepted to use the windtrick to remove a'dams.

If there's one unnecessary non-sharing of information in the series that grates me more then any other it's the trick to open a'dams. Lets remember here the Seanchan are still copying the original design, they don't design new ter'angreal. They aren't the Borg. If the AS know this trick and are still captured, they don't have time to come up with a new version, create them and distribute everywhere.

My biggest gripe against Egwene is different to most others and given her history as a damane utterly unforgivable IMO. That at the bare minimum as soon as she took control of the rebels she had every AS, Accepted and Novice in the rebel camp learn the trick. It's a flick of the Power. Any Novice who can juggle the little globes of light should be able to do it.

Then when she's captured by the Tower, they disregard her warning. How fraking hard would it have been for her to go 'I know you don't believe me, but here is the Weave to open an a'dam just in case' for each 'lesson' she took? Tiny amount of Power she could have woven whilst drugged with Forkroot. I mean she KNOWS an attack is coming, has an extremely useful and timely Weave that could make a MAJOR difference to the outcome and doesn't even TRY to teach a SINGLE Aes Sedai it?!?

Then the Seanchan attack and she's made Amyrlin. Oooh, golden opportunity to have every Aes Sedai learn it, so when the inevitable round 2 comes around the Seanchan are busy fighting the AS only for their damane to keep on being freed. Which from earlier reactions, result in either the Damane punching the Sul'dam (TGH), striking out at everyone with the Power (which given they are trying to take down the AS, makes it no worse for them) or cower awaiting re-collaring. In all cases the Sul'dam are at best without the Power for a time or worse - beaten or dead at their 'pets' hands.

Oh and how about she passes it onto the Kin, Windfinders and Aiel. It's not like any of them have lost channelers to the Seanchan :rolleyes: It's a plot contrivance to make the Seanchan remain a threat. The next battle against them SHOULD be a cakewalk with their damane being freed left and right. That this weave requiring so little Power is kept for the story as a 'wondergirl' only trick - you could drive a truck through that plot hole. I'd be happy to be proved wrong in AMOL and find off screen Egwene has passed this knowledge onto everyone and the Seanchan get their rears spanked and Tuon is left facing Rand in chains, but I wouldn't put any money down on it.

it would be awesome

Elayne will hear about Caemlyn and Egwene will order her to forget about it as what the white tower is doing is far more important. She can take back the city later and fill it with new people.

Imagine what Elayne (and Gawyn) would say to that?

So, does Leillwyn Shipless help the WT fight against the Seanchan? Yes, and Mat gets there in the nick of time to call Artur Hawkwing to fight against them, then he takes Fortuona (assuming she's there) to the Field of whatsits and she Regognises Rand's sword - claims that it is her birthright.

Berelain hears all of this and says - "hang on! My ancestor was his oldest son, it's more mine than yours! Your family are so far behind the line for the high king's crown that I should be empress! Then Tuon bows to her and Seanchan becomes the new home of the Children of the Light. Fitting, since they were started by one of Hawkwings generals and based on Hawkwings morrals.

And since we've all been Aes Sedai about the prophecy and assumed that it's all about Rand, as he still does, they won't even notice that it's Mat that "Bound the nine moons to him." Of course, this doesn't stop him from sitting back and smiling when Fortuona realises that fighting might be a little better than bowing, and her and Berelaid end up rolling around in the mud (conveniently, it was raining the day before). Thom tries to hide his smile with a cough into his moustaches, but Morraine sees him anyway and freezes them solid so his fist sticks to his face.

At this point, Mat, Perrin and Rand just can't stop laughing.

Min calls Rand a looby, Egwene stamps her foot in frustration because once again, no one is listening to her, Faile punches Perrin in the guts (which maks him wheeze as he still can't stop laughing) and this in turn makes Matt laugh even harger. So Matt's cuendillar eyeball pops out.

This is such a bad omen that all the Seanchan accept the authority of Lini, as she's the only sensible one on the field.

You think so? A true Aes Sedai with over 400 years of experience manipulating weaves and the World of Dreams wouldn't be a match for Slayer?

Elayne will hear about Caemlyn and Egwene will order her to forget about it as what the white tower is doing is far more important. She can take back the city later and fill it with new people.

Imagine what Elayne (and Gawyn) would say to that?

So, does Leillwyn Shipless help the WT fight against the Seanchan? Yes, and Mat gets there in the nick of time to call Artur Hawkwing to fight against them, then he takes Fortuona (assuming she's there) to the Field of whatsits and she Regognises Rand's sword - claims that it is her birthright.

Berelain hears all of this and says - "hang on! My ancestor was his oldest son, it's more mine than yours! Your family are so far behind the line for the high king's crown that I should be empress! Then Tuon bows to her and Seanchan becomes the new home of the Children of the Light. Fitting, since they were started by one of Hawkwings generals and based on Hawkwings morrals.

And since we've all been Aes Sedai about the prophecy and assumed that it's all about Rand, as he still does, they won't even notice that it's Mat that "Bound the nine moons to him." Of course, this doesn't stop him from sitting back and smiling when Fortuona realises that fighting might be a little better than bowing, and her and Berelaid end up rolling around in the mud (conveniently, it was raining the day before). Thom tries to hide his smile with a cough into his moustaches, but Morraine sees him anyway and freezes them solid so his fist sticks to his face.

Min calls Rand a looby, Egwene stamps her foot in frustration because once again, no one is listening to her, Faile punches Perrin in the guts (which maks him wheeze as he still can't stop laughing) and this in turn makes Matt laugh even harger. So Matt's cuendillar eyeball pops out.

This is such a bad omen that all the Seanchan accept the authority of Lini, as she's the only sensible one on the field.

i loled! lini will indeed be the most sensible person wherever she goes :P

People keep saying Rand has to be in a position of strength with Tuon and not kneel to her, but I don't see this. I know we don't want him to kneel to her, but it's not really a big issue. In what Aviendha saw, the Seanchan were holding to the peace fine. It was the Aiel's opinion that they wouldn't hold to it because he had knelt. That wasn't actually the truth of the matter.

I can see Rand saying he'll kneel to her if Mat is standing right beside her. They can make a joke out of it.

People keep saying Rand has to be in a position of strength with Tuon and not kneel to her, but I don't see this. I know we don't want him to kneel to her, but it's not really a big issue. In what Aviendha saw, the Seanchan were holding to the peace fine. It was the Aiel's opinion that they wouldn't hold to it because he had knelt. That wasn't actually the truth of the matter.

I can see Rand saying he'll kneel to her if Mat is standing right beside her. They can make a joke out of it.

the only reason this could work is for the seanchan to lose their damane. With this practice no channeler is safe, and by that no nation is safe from the seanchan

You are correct. But the others, they are like Aes Sedai - not seeing that it's more likely that the white tower corrupted the Randland copies of the prophecy to prevent the panic he world would endure knowing that thei saviour would bow to any Monarch, let alone one they've never heard of. Also, if the populous knew this, they might support the Seanchan.

Anyway, Rand's eyes opened up in Ebou Dar. He believes the Seanchan to be a better alternative than most now, and would have only one problem with them - the leashes. Of curse, after his next argument with Egwene, he's likely to lead the suldam to her himself just to stop her talking.

the only reason this could work is for the seanchan to lose their damane. With this practice no channeler is safe, and by that no nation is safe from the seanchan

Which is why the knowledge that sul'dam are really damane is so powerful. If that can come out, then the whole system of leashing channelers would collapse.

Which is why the knowledge that sul'dam are really damane is so powerful. If that can come out, then the whole system of leashing channelers would collapse.

hopefully!

remember, the seanchan has a way that the empress is above the law, and i wouldnt count on them not changing a few things should the truth come out. in a way i think most seanchan are brainwashed to the extent of not voicing any complaint whatsoever, dunno. i just hope, from the bottom of my heart, that the seanchan are reduced to a mere army of normal physical proportions - complimented with exotic pets such as grolm and raken

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now I've got that out of my system..

I wonder who that group of 'farmers' were that Egwene notices, 'with mismatched tents and little understanding of how to set up an army camp'. At first I thought, that's the boys from the TR, but then I realised Tam et al would never stand for such sloppiness. Could it be the people we met in TGS Prologue?

PS: Never mind cuendillar, what Mat needs is a ter'angreal eye..

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now I've got that out of my system..

I wonder who that group of 'farmers' were that Egwene notices, 'with mismatched tents and little understanding of how to set up an army camp'. At first I thought, that's the boys from the TR, but then I realised Tam et al would never stand for such sloppiness. Could it be the people we met in TGS Prologue?

PS: Never mind cuendillar, what Mat needs is a ter'angreal eye..

I had that thought, too. One that gives him super vision or something. :laugh:

You think so? A true Aes Sedai with over 400 years of experience manipulating weaves and the World of Dreams wouldn't be a match for Slayer?

Didn't we see Messana getting her royal arse kicked? There was a good reason why Slayer was defending dreamspike. Not only he is master of TAR, he is there in flesh. Rand was trapped by simple tricks Rahvin created for him in TAR. We don't know how good channelers truly are in TAR. Moghi and Messana were disappointment and so were Ishmael and Rahvin.

Egwene! Have you even seen Perrin and Slayer fighting. Egwene will be dead in seconds. Slayer is not some channeler. He will simply crush Egwene's windpipe.

Archived