DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Field of Merrilor

Luckers

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted this already on the other thread but here it goes:

I really like the idea of Rand breaking seals before getting to the meeting. Can you imagine:

Egw: Rand, you can't break the seals!

Rand: What seals? Oh, you mean what these used to be. (Pulls out shattered pieces)

Egw/All: : Speechless:

Rand: So, you see those clouds all around the camp got a lot darker accept around me of course. (picking his fingernails) So kids, if you want me to get rid of a big bad wolf you'll have to promise to play nice, even when I'm not here.

I just want to see everyone's negotiation skills and their opinion of themselves when they actually are face the DO. There probably would be a lot less "Rand you must..." and more "Rand, could you please..." but than I wouldn't bet on it with Egghead (and I always thought that Nynaeve gonna be the woolhead one).

hhmmmmm, If I was a DF/the DO/the Chosen....and I knew all my enemies were going to be meeting in one place....what would i do???

Leave them to it and attack the places they've left scantily defended.

agreed, but I think it lacks something....I am the DO/Forsaken afterall...

So did Nynaeve told Rand about the seal she found in Tanchico and got broken on the way to Salidar? It's kind of important in the light of Rand's plan. I don't recall this happening.

If she's yet to tell him, how come he's planning to break all the seals if he doesn't know the status of one of them?

Most of the armies of Randland north of Tar Valon

Mat heading to Tar Valon to retrieve something that belongs to him

Tuon heading to Tar Valon to attack it.

Maybe Mat had his good friend Artur Hawkwing set the Seanchan straight? Tells them their prophecies are whack and collaring channelers isn't such a good idea?

Tuon's army meets Rand's army - realizes he's an emperor in his own right AND the dragon reborn, and thinks - maybe she isn't his equal but his lessor.

Rand says "Hi Mat, Lead all these people to the Last Battle, I've got the Dark One to find." And everyone else is like "well... ok"

So did Nynaeve told Rand about the seal she found in Tanchico and got broken on the way to Salidar? It's kind of important in the light of Rand's plan. I don't recall this happening.

If she's yet to tell him, how come he's planning to break all the seals if he doesn't know the status of one of them?

Wait, it was broken on the way to Salidar???? WTF???? How did I miss that? R u sure it was broken on the way to Salidar?

I don't think that the physical, cuendillar seals are THE seals. I think Rand can break the seals without holding them in his hands.

Didn't Moiraine say they were in fact "focus points" for the seals? Somewhere in Dragon Reborn or tSR?

actually, i think it was EotW if i'm not mistaken, but you are correct

Isn't Mat going to go straight to the Field? They'll(Mat, Thom, Moiraine) wait until the next day when Grady opens the Gateway. Since Grady is with Perrin they'll be taken to the Field. Unless Grady will Travel to Caemlyn to open the Gateway for Mat? Even if he does I doubt Mat will run off to TV when he sees that the city was attacked. Guilt alone would probably keep him there. He'll get the horn eventually but I think a lot has to happen first.

I doubt Mat will run off to TV when he sees that the city was attacked. Guilt alone would probably keep him there.

but running off to TV could save Caemlyn, seeing as the Horn is there.

Isn't Mat going to go straight to the Field? They'll(Mat, Thom, Moiraine) wait until the next day when Grady opens the Gateway. Since Grady is with Perrin they'll be taken to the Field. Unless Grady will Travel to Caemlyn to open the Gateway for Mat? Even if he does I doubt Mat will run off to TV when he sees that the city was attacked. Guilt alone would probably keep him there. He'll get the horn eventually but I think a lot has to happen first.

Mat sent a message with the Aes Sedai to give to the Amyrillin that he was going to stop by and pick up something that belonged to him. I'm pretty sure that even if he goes to the Field first it will be a brief stop before he picks up the horn. He needs it for amassing the army.

The Seanchan are preparing a War on the WT somehow I don't think Rand will allow this as he needs all free channellers at the LB, Aviendha needs to prevent the Aeil being left out of this Treaty to avoid the future she envisioned.

However I think it's a mistake for Rand making peace with the Seanchan as they still intend to continue leashing all channellers. Something that Rand has already said to Tuon that he will not tolerate.

It would also cause a war with the Aeil as the Seanchan have taken Wise Ones as gaishan in their eyes which is forbidden under Aeil ji' eh' toh you heard Amys say that they will give them the alotted 1 year and a day to return the Wise Ones as they did not know but after that it's War.

Aviendha now knows war against the Seanchan would finish the Aeil.

Rand needs to show strength against Tuon this is when he needs to bully and threaten if he shows weakness the Seanchan Empress exploits it. If I were him Id say join us in peace free the captive Aes Sedai, Wise Ones, WF from our continent OR I wipe you all out as we now know he can. The trouble is it tires him out not good before LB but Tuon doesn't know this. She will after seeing him in action at the LB though.

I have been thinking that the next meeting between the empress and Rand, ( which is inevitable ) Aviendha might try to kill her to save the Aiel. Either that or she will attack Mat when she finds out that he is the prince of ravens.

Mat sent a message with the Aes Sedai to give to the Amyrillin that he was going to stop by and pick up something that belonged to him. I'm pretty sure that even if he goes to the Field first it will be a brief stop before he picks up the horn. He needs it for amassing the army.

Mat told Perrin he intends to return to Caemlyn.

He didn't set a timeline for reclaiming the HoV.

Since both Min and Nynaeve knew about that seal (Min was in Salidar when Nynaeve and Elayne got there), it's well within reason that Rand knows about it by now.

-- dwn

I can't wait for Rand Sedai v Egwene, Rand Sedai alone will infuriate her. I can't wait to see what Elayne does and the borderlanders. There has to be more than just a prophecy; you don't bring 200,000 men from somewhere you know there will be a fight. One of the Foresaken has to live up to billing. I understand why most of them haven't but one has to. This has to be the 2nd time Perrin saves Rand. I wonder if somewhere in the meeting Egwene, Elayne and other AS will link and try to/will shield Rand. Rand will seize the True Power and Perrin will have to work fast.

I don't think that the physical, cuendillar seals are THE seals. I think Rand can break the seals without holding them in his hands.

They're the anchor points. It's true that we don't know much about the metaphysics involving the patch on the Bore beyond that it's a patch, that it's made of power, and that it's anchored on the seals. For all intents and purposes they are THE seals. That said, since we don't know anything about the patch itself beyond the rudimentary generalities, it's possible that the patch could be like a shield and that if you break enough of the hard points (that being analogous to the tied off points) you can rip through with the shield if you have sufficient strength to overwhelm the remaining anchors. I doubt it really matters; the actual breaking of the Seal at this point in time is secondary to Rand and Egwene confronting one another.

Since both Min and Nynaeve knew about that seal (Min was in Salidar when Nynaeve and Elayne got there), it's well within reason that Rand knows about it by now.

-- dwn

Yeah, but this is WoT after all. Experience with the series has taught me to always assume the characters haven't shared the info they've got unless explicitly stated otherwise.

And in CoT, Rand didn't seem to be aware of the status of that seal, and this was after he had taken Nynaeve with him.

-- dwn

Yeah, but this is WoT after all. Experience with the series has taught me to always assume the characters haven't shared the info they've got unless explicitly stated otherwise.

And in CoT, Rand didn't seem to be aware of the status of that seal, and this was after he had taken Nynaeve with him.

Since Rand feels able to break all the remaining seals, by simple deduction we can conclude that he has been made aware of the fate of that one. Furthermore, it's silly to think with all the research into Callandor and the Last Battle being done by Min, Cadsuane and committee, that neither Nynaeve nor Min have bothered to mention that the seal found in Tanchico is broken.

-- dwn

Archived