DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

Meesh's claim is a WIFOM.  It's such a stupid claim for scum that scum would never do it.  OR WOULD THEY?  I was beginning to wonder why she would set up a WIFOM with her life in the balance when she had relatively little pressure on her, but then I remembered that she first claimed this anti-beloved thing the previous day when she was in fact in danger of lynch, i.e. when she had nothing to lose.  Furthermore, her reactions to Jeran's death are very scummy.  She seemed over-enthusiastic about it in the first place and then she called the idea of killing Jeran "brilliant."  Sounds to me like she is trying to both fart rainbows and either pat herself on the back if she is Ministry, or distance herself from Jeran if she is Death Eater.  I don't see a town reason for her behavior.  Thorum is indeed acting strangely, but that's nothing new imo.  He started this crap day one.  It's really hard to tell when Thorum is scum because of his style, but right now I think the case on him is very thin.  He pushed hard for both Aemon and Jeran so I don't see him as a likely scum candidate.

Also, FOS Tigs.  This has nothing to do with your baby cousin or your uncle or any of the other problems you have had.  I am sincerely sorry for those, and I believe you completely when you say you would not lie about things like that.  Your gameplay, however, cannot be ignored.  You have been playing the confused act and flying under the radar for the whole game.

In a vacuum, I would feel better about voting for Tigs than Meesh right now, but I think both are scummy and I don't see the case on Thorum so

[glow=red,2,300]Meesh[/glow]

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm, Wombat, the thing about wanting to thank whoever killed Jeran...Boopsy understood what I was getting at. It was a joking attempt at getting the ministry to reveal itself. ::)  Heh, the fact that you are calling my bluff on the skipping the night phase thing means you must not be ministry...or is that just what you WANT us to think?

Almost no defense in that post.  Instead, you attack me with another attempt at a WIFOM.  I'm feeling very good about my vote now.  And, what's this about the Ministry in particular fearing a skipped night?  Are you referring to Greyback?  Because with him apparently having a daykill and Lupin being an FBI Agent, I am not at all convinced that he is working for the Death Eaters.  Or maybe you already know exactly who is and isn't a Death Eater?

Or maybe I'm at work and don't have that much time to memorize your post so when I reply on my phone I know what points to address.  What's to defend? You won't believe anything I say anyway. I say ministry bc they and Voldy were the only ones nk-ing people and now voldy's dead so the ministry would have most reason to avoid losing a nightphase.

Umm, Wombat, the thing about wanting to thank whoever killed Jeran...Boopsy understood what I was getting at. It was a joking attempt at getting the ministry to reveal itself. ::)  Heh, the fact that you are calling my bluff on the skipping the night phase thing means you must not be ministry...or is that just what you WANT us to think?

You know, I was set to withhold my vote today.  The more I read the less I think Thorum's scummy, but I didn't really have anything I felt was strong enough to vote on.  This, however, just irks me.  You're lying about your death skipping night phase why?  Only reason I can see is to save your own neck.  You're trying to play it like you'd be helping the town because it would skip the night kill phase, but night is also when we've been getting information to help us play the game.  (I'm personally finding it very frustrating trying to wade through so many pages, especially with the changes in players due to the inactivity of the originals (which was its own problem), to find things that stick out to me on the few players we have left.  I'm hoping our investigators can help and that the killers will target each other or our healers will rock it out.)  Why would a townie lie about having an ability like that?  How does that lie help the town?  You even dangled the ability out there saying it would buy the town more thinking time to just kill you and go to the next day.  How would that have helped if we'd believed you and decided to take you up on the offer?

[glow=red,2,300]Meesh[/glow]

Right now that still puts it at a random with Thorum, but maybe someone else can help.

When did I say I lied?  I'm not lying. If you lynch me it'll go straight to Day, or at least no night actions will work. Same if I'm nked. All night actions for that night would be nullified. I'm serious. Fleur Delacour. Not scum.

Also, FOS Tigs.  This has nothing to do with your baby cousin or your uncle or any of the other problems you have had.  I am sincerely sorry for those, and I believe you completely when you say you would not lie about things like that.  Your gameplay, however, cannot be ignored.  You have been playing the confused act and flying under the radar for the whole game.

You are right, I have been flying under the radar but that is only because I hardly ever have anything useful to say.  I'm not one of those players that posts everytime I'm trying to work something out in my head.  To me it just confuses everyone else that much more.  ;)

YESSS!! *pumps fist in the air*

Thank goodness that turned out to be worth the risk. :D

I was debating telling you I was going to vig kill Wombat, but I thought I was going to have more time, too, and I wasn't sure if that would seal my doom or not. :D

Anyway, I was hoping he was Greyback, but obviously not.  Ah well.  Malfoy works just as well. :D

FYI, it was a bonus vig kill I got for being the 1635th post of the game.  Dunno why that particular number, but there you have it.

Deadline

Sat July 10th @ 4pm CST; 18 alive, 10 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorums (3): Meesh, Alanna, Tayla

Meesh(3): Thorum, Pookie

No Vote (14): Boopsy, Krak, Tigs, Lia, Dah, Mottlee, Wolfie, Adella, Verbal, Elli, Crusher, Taei

random.org has been used to brake the tie.  yes 3 votes on Meesh is right, and it's not including Womabts vote, he was actually dead at about 12:30 pm

Thorum, Mundungus Fletcher has been lynched

it's now Night Phase

Deadline

Sunday, July 11th @ 6pm CST or when all Night Actions have been recieved

[glow=Blue,2,300]Hogsmead Village[/glow] or [glow=purple,2,300]Department of Mysteries[/glow]

When did I say I lied?  I'm not lying. If you lynch me it'll go straight to Day, or at least no night actions will work. Same if I'm nked. All night actions for that night would be nullified. I'm serious. Fleur Delacour. Not scum.

I bolded the part I was referring to.  You claimed that he "called your bluff" which is a way of saying he caught you in a lie.  You're saying now that's not what you meant?

[glow=purple,2,300]Department of Mysteries[/glow]

[glow=blue,2,300]Hogsmead Village[/glow]

Oh, well I was on my phone and can't see coded things.  Didn't know you bolded it.

No, obviously I don't know how to use the phrase "call your bluff."  I didn't know calling someone's bluff meant catching them in a lie.  I thought it was more of a "I think you're bluffing so let's see if you are or not" sort of thing.  More like gambling on the chance you're right and they're lying, than KNOWING they're lying.

If that makes sense.

Obviously I was mistaken.

But yes, I haven't lied or made anything up about myself.  Obviously I'm a crappy townie if I'm drawing so much attention to myself, interfering with the true scum hunt, but then again Wombat was scum (of that I'm fairly sure even without Mottlee's report), and the only other people to take particular notice of what I said or did were you and Thorum.  I don't really know about Thorum yet, we'll need Mottlee to verify his innocence or guilt because the only way he could be scum was if he was recruited.  You, I dunno.  Right now I'm inclined to FOS you because you won't let it go even though I haven't changed my story at all or done anything particularly scummy, IMHO.

Also, you voted me after you thought I said I was lying--when it would be safe to kill me because you would think that you wouldn't lose a night phase action. :P

That could be reading too much into things, but those are my thoughts at the moment.

I did vote for you after I thought you were lying because it was a lie that I thought made no sense for a townie to make.  I caught and believed the Fleur references yesterday and that particular ability even makes a certain kind of sense for her, but then I thought you were saying that you made the ability up and that's when I voted.  I didn't think you'd done anything scummy up to that point either.  I also didn't think you'd been inactive, which was Thorum's reason for voting.  

I do think Thorum was right about the inactives though.  They are really hurting the game.  We have less than half of the people in the game talking (beyond "hey, I'm still here" or "boy that sucked" kinds of posts), and only a third voting, and that makes it way too easy for scum.  I've been in too many games lately that end up ruined by endgame because of people who won't play.  As he also pointed out, I'm not the paragon of activity myself, but I at least try to make posts with content and figure things out and vote even if I do end up being completely wrong.  Right now all the scum have to do is sit back and watch us pick at each other during the day and wait for night to fall.  It's really frustrating.

Yeah, I was debating whether or not to use my vig kill on someone I thought was scum, or someone Random.org chose from among the most inactive players, because I actually had to look at the list of players to realize we're farther away from being endgamed by a mafia win than it feels like, because we have so many people still alive, but so few are posting, so I see the point there.

I still think it's annoying to have to take out inactives instead of actually scum-hunting, but I guess if the inactives realize we're picking them off maybe they'll start posting more.

*shrugs*

I'm all for just waiting to see what Tomorrow brings, at least for now.

Taking out inactives puts the scum closer to winning. Just thought I would throw that out there. There are good chances that we will take out town by taking out inactives. Way to help the scum. I know inactives aren't HELPFUL but let's think about the numbers for a bit.

[glow=blue,2,300]Hogsmeade[/glow].

The number of people that actually voted today is ridiculous. Where is everyone? The inactives are definitely hurting us, but I'm always hesitant to just start lynching them. Unfortunately, inactives are (usually) town, and if we just concentrate on them, we could end up at endgame before we know it.

[glow=blue,2,300]Hogsmeade Village[/glow]. I had voted and then unvoted. As for inactives, some are probably like me and not completely sure who to vote for at the moment. Not to mention that the deadlines have been cut severely. Well, just my two cents worth.

Archived