DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite Scene?

Shadows_Edge

Veins of Gold=proof that the end of the story does not need an epic action battle to be gripping and deeply moving. It was amazing.

Rands convo with a certain person that lead to Veins of Gold

Semirhage, Rand and Min in THAT scene

Dumais Wells

Fedwyn Morrs death

Moiraine's letters to Rand and Thom.

Logain in Caemlyn in EOTW

Also, recently in my re-read we see Rand channel without knowing he did it. He channels to help Bela run faster from the Draghkar right at the start of the first book."His bones felt like burning ice" or some such as he begged in his mind for Bela to run faster. That sent goosebumps up my spine.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that my 2 favourite scenes are the very first 2 of the whole WOT saga. The confrontation between Lews TT and Ishmael was outstanding. Simply put, one of the best opening scenes that I've ever read. Then we meet Rand and Tam on a lonely country lane and I was hooked.  I can still remember reading them for the first time and I knew that I had come across something special.   

In KoD Ch20, 'The Golden Crane', when Nynaeve calls on Weilin Aldragoran and says to him that Lan Mandragoran rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap, toward Tarmon Gai'don. She asks: Will he ride alone?

Goosepimples all over.

This this this this this this this this this!!!

Just another reason to be looking forward to ToM...

Rescue - EotW

Perrin and Egwene get rescued by the wolves from the C.O.L

Against the Shadow - EotW

Talwins Gap, Nuff said

To Come out of the Shadow - TGH

Ingatar, nuff said.

Scouting and discoveries - TDR

Mat and spar with the princes.

Whirlpools in the Pattern - TSR

Nuff said I think..

Goldeneyes - TSR

Defence of Emonds Field, nuff said.

This Place This day - TFH

Mat trying his best to avoid battle and failing big time :D

Dumai's Wells = LOC

Nuff said here too.

Swovan Night - LOC

Mat and Bridget have a wee chat, and the the girls get a verbal slap in the face.. (bout time too )

Six Stories - LOC

The whole Bowl of Winds Finale.

A Cup of Sleep - TPAD

Only scene that made me have a lump in my throat.

With the Choedan Kal - WH

The cleansing, Nuff said here too .

Prologue - KOD

Galad, Ituralde and Egwene

As if the world was Fog - KOD

Just something about the preverbal cold water being splashed on Toun face :D

I left out TGS references for obvious reasons.

The scene where THom M gets back to his inn and finds his girl dead and then goes all avenger on everybody! So very very well written!

yeah and he kills the King and starts off the whole Cairhienin civil war

i never made that connection on my first read through

One of my favorite scenes from tSR, though not at all my favorite, reminds me of the scenes from whole boot camp phase of Full Metal Jacket where R. Lee Ermey (The drill sergeant) is training the would-be Marines.

In chapter 33, Perrin pops off on his rag-tag group of Two Rivers men for arguing about who should do what and talking a bunch of nonsense straight out of stories:

"This is not a game, and it isn't a Bel Tine dance. You do what you're told, or else go back home. I don't know what use you are anyway, and I've no intention of getting killed because you think you know what you are doing. Now line up and shut up. You sound like the Women's Circle meeting in a wardrobe."

Then his pov goes on to mention that the whole spiel he just gave was inspired by what he thought Uno would have said, no doubt in harsher words. If he had used Uno's language, then he would've totally been going all R. Lee Ermey drill sergeant on them. I thought it was great.

In KoD Ch20, 'The Golden Crane', when Nynaeve calls on Weilin Aldragoran and says to him that Lan Mandragoran rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap, toward Tarmon Gai'don. She asks: Will he ride alone?

Goosepimples all over.

This this this this this this this this this!!!

Just another reason to be looking forward to ToM...

One of the few scenes that gives me goosebumps every time I read it. From the same book, I also love that one Logain quote. It's funny because the whole chapter(To Make an Anchor Weep) is supposed to be tragic and touching, about the entire island(or islands) of people killing themselves, but the sea folk are so boring it comes off flat. But at the end Logain's line really drives it home....

"Mourn if you must, but mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don"

• 1 month later...

The flashbacks in Rhuidean for me. Or perhaps the scenes where Mat gets accosted by Tylin :p I don't often actually lol when reading. But I couldn't stop giggling like a schoolgirl through those scenes (I'm a 20-something male. Luckily only my gf saw me)

Just saw that someone mentioned the scene where Mat and Birgitte get drunk and the super-girls get verbally shaken up a bit. Oooo then there's Nynaeve in the river. Actually, I'll just say most of book 7.

When the Maidens got Rand so drunk they had to assist him getting back to his sleeping chamber, and then play a game of tickling him and taking his cloths off before putting him to bed, all while Aviendah watched.

TEoTW Ch 9, Tellings of the Wheel

Reading this chapter was pretty much the point of no return for me on the first book, and then the next eleven books followed as soon as I could get my hands on them. 

I'm not completely sure, but Moiraine's tale of Manetheren might be the longest speech given in the entire story (Perhaps Agelmar's tale of Lan's life is close).  And one of the best.

ACOS Ch 38, Six Stories

This entire chapter from Mat's PoV is just wonderful (I always laugh when he notices Lan, finds out he's married to Nyneave, and thinks he understands why his eyes are so bleak), but his confrontation of the gholam to save Elayne stands out for me.  The second he realized she was alive, he turned around to protect her without a moment's hesitation.  "You can't bloody have her."

TSR Ch 29, Homecoming

Perrin finding out about his family's fate, his anguish at coming as fast as he could but not getting there in time to save them.  So well written.  I still tear up if I read or listen to it every time.

TSR Ch 15, Into the Doorway

TSR Ch 24, Rhuidean

Of all the people in the Westlands, Mat is the only one we get to see after entering the doorways to the lands of the Eelfinn and Aelfinn.  Though his way of thinking and floundering might be comical, we don't necessarily find out as much about what's there from him as we could from someone more learned in such subjects.  Nevertheless, RJ certainly didn't want to give away too much, and he succeeded in that, making the inevitable trip back among the most anticipated upcoming events in the series.  I must have read these chapters 25 times apiece.

KoD Ch 7 A Cold Medalion

Mat spanks Joline.  Hehe

In tDR when elayne egwene and nynaeve are kidnapped by bandits who try to sell them to a fade(just after we see avienda for the first time) when the Aiel burst in and surround it and are chanting 'dance with me shadowman' and the fade is visibly scared, then egwene sais THIS ENDS NOW and she makes the fade burst into flame then elayne crushes it into a ball and nynaeve screams and balefires the burnt, crushed ball of a mydraal. epic

mat beating gawayn and galad

when rand earns his heron

when trollocs attack the stone of tear and loial stands alone in the doorway to protect the children

when mat tells that guy rahvin sent after the girls that he is dead if he hurt the girls and then breaks his back

when perrin goes to save rand leading up to dumani wells and loial tells him he'd always be there to help too

when mat gets tired of how the women are treating him, figures ouut who is really in charge amongst the women and slams his knife down, leans forward calls her a daughter of the sands and tells her he is the master of the blades and his blades are bare

the cleansing

numerous others

when rand earns his heron

Which are you referring to?

-receiving the sword from Tam

-killing the blade master

-getting the heron mark on both palms

-something else (please specify)

Archived