DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite Scene?

Shadows_Edge

Just wondering what is everybodys favourite scene from tWoT in general it can be from any book including the prequel?

Personally my favourite scene is the cleansing of saidin i just thought it was the most exciting part of all the books i was totally glued and couldnt put the book down until i finished despite the fact that as far as i remember it was about 4 or 5 in the morning and i had school in the morning at the time lol.

i just started my 1st re-read of the series and am currently reading tEotW on the chapter where Egwene, Perrin and Elyas come across the Tuath'an just after they meet. Its strange reading all this and knowing how it effects everything in the future such as Min's visions in Baerlon and Mat with the dagger from Shadar Logoth all little things that you didnt really think anything of on your first read through but now reading it again your like ooohhhhhh so thats what that was all about lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The glossaries in each book.

Really??? Whats exciting about them I mean they're interesting yea but your favourite?

Not sure, but the historic stuff might have been part of what he was thinking about.

the battle for emond's field, perrin would've been my favourite character if it wasn't for faile.

This is probably mine as well. Though I think it's a great scene because of Faile, not in spite of her. I think even those who came to hate Faile can admit that thier relationship was actually pretty fun to read about up until at least book 6.

Anywho, the Battle for Emond's Fields is the climax involving my favorite character in my favorite book in the series. So, not too surprising. I've said it before, but I think Jordan wrote TSR with a little more feeling then he did the rest of the books. It's less descriptive and more emotional then the others, and the Battle for Emond's Field personifies that. Whether it's the scene where Perrin learns about his family, or Loial carrying Gaul all the way through the mountains after closing the waygate, or the women rushing to shore up the lines when the Children just sit there, Perrin reuniting with Faile, or the speech that Perrin gives to Bornhald at the end(gives me goosebumps every time) the scenes are just perfect.

The frustrating thing is that it goes to show that Perrin can be a part of a great storyline that is not "Save the World" epic, without being boring as hell. Which makes his story in books 8,9, and 10 all the more dissapointing....

The glossaries in each book.

Really??? Whats exciting about them I mean they're interesting yea but your favourite?

Not sure, but the historic stuff might have been part of what he was thinking about.

LOL, I was kidding.  I definitely appreciate the historical info given in the glossaries, being a history buff myself.

There's two favorite scenes that stand out for me so far: the redemption of Ingtar in TGH, and Rand reading Moiraine's letter in TFOH.  Both of them are very poignant scenes.

Moirane linebacker tackling Lanfear through the doorway - the scene has the epicness of Lanfear nuking peoples and Rand not being able to do much.  A real hero scene.

Also when Rand "earns his heron" at the end of TGH.

Also Also when a weakened Mat that can barely stand takes down Gawyn and Galad with his stick.

- Ingtar's redemption

- Just about every Mat chapter ever written, except in the Stone of Tear, Fal Dara (After EotW), and the Waste.

- Battle for Emond's field

Of those three, Ingtar's Redemption. It set the standard for epic/moving deaths in the series, and I don't think any have come close. I was pretty sad that RJ didn't add in the tradition of drawing your sword and tossing the scabbard away when you plan on dying in battle. Especially since Borderland culture resemble East-Asian culture so closely.

the battle for emond's field

This. This series of scenes was far and amway the most touching, most heart-racing and most gratifying story arc and conclusion in the series for me... so much there I'm not even going to get into it. Almost as much, Moiraine's telling of the story of Manetheren, which foreshadows much of what takes place.

Other scenes that were really great for me were the battle at Dumai's Well, the Cleansing of Saidin and the most recent Battle of the White Tower.

A particularly potent moment for me was the scene I quote below, when Nynaeve goes before Lan to rally the forces to his banner that he has unwittingly promised to lead.

Favorite moments? Wow. That's hard. There are a few that tumble around in my head often, though.

-tGS "In the White Tower" Egwene nearly made me cheer with what she did there. :D  (That better guys? No spoilers there? :)

-Dumai's Wells. A weird selection, i know, but that scene turned a LOT of points in the whole series. And I like reading about big turning points like that. You can almost feel the story shifting when something that big and substantial happens.

-Rand's viewing of the history of the Aiel in Rhuidean. I dont know why, but that part always got to me a little. What a sad history they've had and how the group as a whole has gone so far from what they originally were.

-Veins of Gold. Enough said.

-Oh. Yeah. And Mats weird proposal to Tuon. :) I can also see the perplexion and surprise on his face...

*Add-on:

Rand telling the joke about the chicken to those maidens of the spear. That always makes me laugh :D

Man, I have so many, I don't know where to start! But I'll drop in the ones that rank really high with me :D

1. Perrin and Faile's wedding.

2. Ingtar's redemption. I never even suspected he was a Darkfriend till that scene with him and Rand, and when I did make the connection, I had to admire Ingtar for his guts in admitting what he'd done.

3. Perrin rescuing Faile from the hedgehog trap, and of course, afterwards when he woke back up. That was such a sweet scene :)

4. Egwene's raising to Amyrlin of the SAS.

5. Elayne and Aviendha's bonding as first-sisters.

6. And to round it off (before I get too long winded!) the Battle of Emond's Field :)

There are just so many good scenes.

Some scenes from tGS. To avoid spoilers, here are the chapter names:

A Visit from Verin Sedai

Veins of Gold

Then from other books:

Moiraine telling the story of Manetheren.

The cleansing of Saidin

Dumai's Wells

When Rand poisons an Asha'man (Fedwin Morr???) because he has gone totally mad. I think the chapter is called 'A cup of sleep' in PoD.

Rand telling the joke about the chicken to those maidens of the spear. That always makes me laugh :D

You know, the WoT books are so long, it's amazing how little of it is non-essential stuff. It seems like everything is either vital storyline/plot stuff(a good thing) or mountains of detailed descriptions(not always so good). There is very little reserved for scenes that are just there to be there. The scene with Rand telling that joke, and the scene in TDR where Perrin is working at the forge are two of my favorites in the series because they feel like they are just there to have a little fun with the character. Not vital character developement....just a fun side view into the character.

Archived