Favourite Scene?

Shadows_Edge

when rand earns his heron

Which do you referring to?

-receiving the sword from Tam

-killing the blade master

-getting the heron mark on both palms

-something else (please specify)

I bet it is killing Turak.  It is by far the best part of book 2. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands-down--that moment when, just after the Healing, Logain tells Nynaeve, "You know, I saw a man once who'll cause more trouble than I ever did... Caged as I was, I couldn't help laughing."

What an awesome setup FIVE FREAKING BOOKS BEFORE when Rand saw him being paraded in his cage in Caemlyn and was terrified of the laughter he perceived as madness. Just a moment when the intricate web of interconnectedness thing hit me the very hardest.

I'm also in favor of absolutely anything that happens in Rhuidean.

any scene where an aes sedai is put in here place.

"kneel to the dragon reborn aes sedai, or you will be knelt" gave me shivers.

When Rand beasted Cadsuane was amazing also.

Oh and Rand thinking the dark one is attacking him when he wields Callandor against the Seanchan.

Veins of Gold: I re-read it about 5 times as soon as i finished it the first.

The (assumed) Creator speaking to Rand at the end of TEotW

The scene where LTT steals control over the One Power in KoD and shouts "My hands! I cant lift my hands!"

When Logain was healed. (This one was special for me because i am a HUGE fan of Logain, easily my third fav character)

When Egwene proves that her extreme stubborness can do good after being captured in KoD

And last but not least, the unveiling of the human weapons, the Asha'Man, at Dumai's Wells

Nynaeve in the Borderlands: "will he ride alone?"

Mat blowing the Horn of Valere

Perrin finding out about his family - it was sad but wonderfully real

Rand's wonders in Rhuidian - especially raising the water

Nynaeve vs. Moghedian when she defeats her the first time

Nynaeve vs. Rahvin

Egwene vs. Seanchen in Fount of Power

Rand felling the grolm with his bow when he was with Selene, Loial and Hurin in the Portal World - that reminds me, how did Lanfear control those grolm?

Rand getting Lan to subtly prod Mat into describing the battle scene in the tent in FOH

Tuon: "He is a lion" about Mat

Padan Fain nailing the Myrddral to the door

Anytime someone describes Galad walking

Brigitte describing Mat and Talames together in the Rahad: "Surprisingly, Mat is the more dangerous of the two"

Veins of Gold

when Rand tries to bring that little dead girl back to life in the Stone of Tear with Callandor, and hes screaming at Moirane, "HELP HER MOIRAINE, I DONT KNOW HOW!" thats for me one of the most emotional scenes in the series. Also when Perrin goes back to the Two Rivers and he  crushes a metal cup when he finds out his family is dead, then when he faces two trollocs he just keeps hacking at them screaming his family's names

alot of scenes

but my top 3 are those:

1. the Two Rivers battle.

book 4 : The Shadow Rising , Ch :56 (Golden Eyes)

2. the Red band welcoming Mat, and thousands of men singing "dance with Jak o' the Shadows " when he showed up, him silencing them by just lefting his ashandarei above his head :) and keep on be surprising Tuon.

book 11 : Knife of Dreams , Ch :26 (As If the World Were Fog)

3. the scene of "The Return", when Mat, Thom & their company were going back to the palace and met first the flood of seanchen ppl, then mat seeing the harbor full of ships.

book 9 : Winter's heart, Ch : 16 (An Un Expected Encounter)

I like pretty much all of Mat's story arc, although I also really like parts that talk about the Age of Legends, LTT, Elan Morin, etc.  The Rhuidean arches are awesome, and other scenes that capture that feeling of the past.  Veins of Gold, too.

Also, although it's not my favorite, I like how Tuon leaves out some pertinent information regarding Mat Cauthon during a meeting she has in tGS (trying to avoid spoilers).  I want that information to be told to the people she meets with in a truly awesome fashion... but that's just because Mat is my favorite character.

Not my favourites but ones that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Rand retrieving the horn from the trollocs and fighting them in the forest alone and when Perrin realises who shadowslayer is and how that then plays a part at the battle of Dumai Wells when he contacts the wolves.

And just any conversation between Lan and Rand, I really like the relationship they have with one another. You could possibly even chuck Rhurrac in with that group too.

Oh and I chuckled when the boys were trying to tell Loial how ugly Mat's girl back home is jokingly. It just felt like something I would do ha

The "Kneel, or you will be knelt"-part at the end of the Battle at Dumai's Wells has always stood out to me.

Also, the part with Verin in tGS (I'm sure those who've read it will know what I'm talking about...), Rand creating a rainstorm in the Aiel Waste in TSR and, though it was painful to read, I thought the "The Last that Could be Done" chapter in tGS was very well written.

Battle for Two Rivers because I love to hate the Whitecloaks.

Rand's batle with the Seanchan general in Book 2 because he realizes his fighting skill for the first time.  Reminded me of Luke Skywalker taking on Vader.  Also the description of the seanchan general was pretty cool.

Mat defeating Galad was it?  Back in Book 2 or 3 . . .

High lord Turak, not exactly a general, but orders the generals.

And Galad AND Gawyn, in Dragon Reborn (3) if I recall correctly.  Both awesome scenes. 

So is when Uno and them are clearing a path for Wonder Girls to a boat, and Uno and his soldiers combined are barely handling the massive crowd of bad guys trying to swarm.  Galad draws and not only holds the line, pushes it forward and anything within his reach just dies.  All battle hardened soldiers bloody/sweaty, him just calmly bringing death to the bandits.  Awesome.

Most of mine have already been said, but I'll throw mine out there:

• The entirety of Dumai's Wells
  • Veins of Gold
  • The Last that Could Be Done
  • The scene where Demandred speaks with the GREAT LORD
  • The Cleansing of sai'din
  • Shaidar Haran chastizing Mesaana and marking Alviarin

• 1 month later...

Most of the big scenes that happen in tSR are awesome, my faves being Rand going through the glass coloums, Mat going through both doorways and Perrin and the battle of Emonds Field.

Also I absolutely love the scenes at the end of tDR when everones in Tear and they keep catching glimpses of Rand and thinking "I must be going mad, Rand is miles away." Then when Mat is on the rooftops trying to find a way into the Stone, he thinks about scaling the Stone "A hundred bloody paces. Maybe a hundred and twenty. Burn me, even Rand would not try to climb that." And as he's staring up, "Suddenly he blinked, and squinted at the side of the Stone. There was some fool climbing it, just visible as a moving shadow in the moonlight, and over halfway up already, with a drop of seventy paces to the pavement under his feet. Fool, is he? Well I'm as big a one, because I am going up too. Burn me, he'll probably raise an alarm in there and get me caught. He could not see the climber anymore. Who in the Light is he? What does it matter who he is? Burn me, but this is a bloodyway to win a wager. I'm going to want a kiss from all of them, even Nynaeve!

I love that scene because we don't get a POV from Rand and we've hardly had a POV from Rand in this book. It's just awesome writing and I can't express how much I love the little things like that in the series.

the battle for emond's field, perrin would've been my favourite character if it wasn't for faile.

This isn't my favorite scene but my appreciation for it grew after reading the Encyclopedia recently about when, during the Battle of Bekkar, the King's battle cry was said to echo over the land until the Queen could hear it in the city. Even though Faile had plans to come back to aid her husband, I still see it as kind of history repeating itself, in its own way.

Archived