DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Brandon refused to verify whether the Seanchan can make cuendillar, and when asked about that copy that survived after Rand balefired Semi and Elza, Brandon said that the question of whether it was cuendillar didn't matter to the scene. IOW, even non-cuendillar items would have survived because the bracelets were deemed "not integral to the person" by team-Jordan.

Just a question about the adam....

Can someone linked by an adam either sul'dam or damane use angreal/ter'angreal or sa'angreal?

Just a question that popped into my head....

We've never seen it happen. But that could be because the Seanchan don't possess angreal.

On one hand, it should be possible since a woman using a sangreal can be brought into a link.

But on the other hand, the a'dams involuntary link method does preclude creating a larger circle so perhaps this is impossible.

I want to offer the fact that we don't see any agreal in their possession as circumstantial evidence that it is actually not possible. I mean, no reason to think their part of the world would have ended up without any angreal/sa'angreal/ter'angreal, nor that they wouldn't have recognized their worth if any were to be had. Ergo, something else must be responsible for them not using any.

Just a question about the adam....

Can someone linked by an adam either sul'dam or damane use angreal/ter'angreal or sa'angreal?

Just a question that popped into my head....

Using angreal/sa'angreal is pretty closely linked to forming a group. (channeling "through" something/someone else). We know that they don't know how to link, so it's rather safe to assume that they don't use angreals as well. The Adam may even prevent their use.

Ter'angreal are probably a completely different matter.

An adam-linked pair form a involuntary circle that can't be expanded. Egwene exploited that weakness in the Tower.

But women can be brought into a circle (voluntarily) after they have started using an angreal or s'angreal (same difference in this case, a sangreal is basically a very strong angreal that's used the same way).

So it may be theoretically possible that an uncollared woman embraces OP with an angreal and then she's collared.

In that case, it would just be like collaring a very strong damane, which is not a problem (Alivia, etc). 

Still we've never seen a damane-suldam pair use angreal, nor do we have any Seanchan PoVs about wanting angreals.

Well, all the adam discussion got me thinking.......

What happens when an a'dam is used on a person using it?

What happens if two a'dam(s?) are put on a single person?

What happens if two people use a'dam on each other?

Those are very interesting question. I can think of no real evidence either way, but my guess is the first scenario might work (giving the bearer of the second a'dam control over the entire circle), but the latter two probably involve someone dying horribly, maybe everyone involved.

Well, all the adam discussion got me thinking.......

What happens when an a'dam is used on a person using it?

What happens if two a'dam(s?) are put on a single person?

What happens if two people use a'dam on each other?

Those are very interesting question. I can think of no real evidence either way, but my guess is the first scenario might work (giving the bearer of the second a'dam control over the entire circle), but the latter two probably involve someone dying horribly, maybe everyone involved.

We do know that one sul'dam can control two damane with an a'dam bracelet on each wrist - Tuon does this in KoD Ch. 9, and I think we also saw some sul'dam do it when they were capturing lots of channelers.

But I think you probably meant if someone had two collars put on them - in which case, yeah, I think that horrible death sounds likely.

I said it before, and I still think so: Rand and Moridin didn't meet in TAR, I don't think. I believe Moridin's own dreams or somewhere near SG (or a combination of the two) are the likeliest possibilities.

For example, Rand was able to pull himself out of it by reaching for saidin. This never happens for someone in TAR, IRRC.

If Moridin coordinates another tea party in T'A'R, what are the chances of Rand being there

I love this idea and would love to see it happen, but personally I agree with Drekka Mort.  That said we have not info on the consequences.

Actually there is at least this limit: the lifespans of each rebirth since souls cannot be split.

Not sure, but there might be a length of time after each death before the soul can be reborn.

I said it before, and I still think so: Rand and Moridin didn't meet in TAR, I don't think. I believe Moridin's own dreams or somewhere near SG (or a combination of the two) are the likeliest possibilities.

For example, Rand was able to pull himself out of it by reaching for saidin. This never happens for someone in TAR, IRRC.

In EotW Ishamael pulled Rand Mat and Perrin to the same room Rand and Moridin meet in. The only way we see that is via Egwene, and the Wise Ones. Everyone of those characters were dreaming in the relevant scenes. Ishamael pulled them to that room, and then Moridin thinks Rand pulled him to that same room.

Is ther any way to approximate how many people have gone through the doorway ter'angreal? Ever? In this age?

Mat's memories seem to indicate a hundred or so; though that seems just men from a certain time frame.

Was that Sniffer guy from book 2 the only one who could read anything into the alternate world they traveled in for a bit?  I am wondering if that ability was able to follow a trail that only exists in the future of the time they just left, implies other abilities may work as well.  Also in case i read it wrong, portal stones can give you some measure of time travel?