DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Okay so about this viewing of a severed hand....

Rands hand didnt get severed, it got blown apart. And as a result, Moridins hand hurts, noted from Graendals PoV.

Could the viewing somehow be connected to Moridin, seen on Rand because they are becoming one when the incedent occurs?

Okay so about this viewing of a severed hand....

Rands hand didnt get severed, it got blown apart. And as a result, Moridins hand hurts, noted from Graendals PoV.

Could the viewing somehow be connected to Moridin, seen on Rand because they are becoming one when the incedent occurs?

I've posted my little pet theory about this before, but I'll mention it again just because I think it's a pretty fun thought.

It's Min's viewing of Elayne where we get the whole "a severed hand, not hers" thing, right?

Now we see Rand, Elayne's beau, get his hand blown off.

I just think it would be really cool if Elayne, queen of all things ter'angreal, were to make some kind of prosthetic ter'angreal hand for Rand.  I think that image fits the "severed hand, not hers" viewing, doesn't it?

Just my crazy little thought.

Omg I just had a horrible thought.  Janduin can channel, janduin goes to the bight, janduin's soul is fodder at thakken dar.  Janduin's body is occupied by ishy

that would require Janduins body has been kept pristeen over 20 years, something that the extreme heat of the blight would cause to decay rather quickly

Hello there, I'm new here my first post, so I'm sorry if it has already been answered somewhere else (I read through the whole thread, a very interesting read I must say).

In the firs book EoTW, Min tells Rand about a few visions she has of him during his stay in Bearlon. If I recall correctly one of these was about a "golden hand". And as we know, Rand loses his hand in one of the later books.

Is there a connection between these two incidents? I'm appealed to believe he will regain his hand somehow, thought the connections are quite weak.

What about this, the hand has been replace with a hand of gold during the final chapter of TGS.  As most of u know that chapter was called Veins of Gold.  I can't be that far out there. ;D

Guest BaLefireP

Alright, this may be a bit confusing. And I aplogize if this has already been covered in an older topic, but...  I had a thought, could the reason Rand was able to channel the True Power when he was wearing the Domination Band be because of his link to Moridin?  The reason I thought of this is I still have a hard time believing that the Dark One simply gave him [Rand] permission to channel the True Power without him even asking for the permission in the first place.

Any thoughts on this idea? ???

Alright, this may be a bit confusing. And I aplogize if this has already been covered in an older topic, but...  I had a thought, could the reason Rand was able to channel the True Power when he was wearing the Domination Band be because of his link to Moridin?  The reason I thought of this is I still have a hard time believing that the Dark One simply gave him [Rand] permission to channel the True Power without him even asking for the permission in the first place.

Any thoughts on this idea? ???

This has been discussed somwhere else, i can't recall where though.

I think the consensus is that the DO used Semi as bait to entice Rand to use the TP. She put him in a situation where his only hope was to reach out to the DO and his TP.

I think the DO wants this because it gives him a connection to Rand, or maybe there are other effects of the TP that we don't know about. We know it's extremely addictive and dangerous, but we don't know what happens to someone who walks in the Light when they touch the TP. Does it begin to corrupt them like Shadar Logoth objects?

I'm sure we will find out just how much the DO can influence Rand in the next books. He's going to have to come to terms with using the TP.

Both the theories about how Rand accessed TP remain alive. We don't know for sure.

1) Rand may have received permission through the GLoD who was trying to provoke him to become a padawan of the Dark Side.

2) Rand may have had access through the link to Moridin without bringing GLoD into it.

Opinion is also divided on whether GLoD knows at all, if its case 2).

There are several threads in this forum on Rand's link with Moridin, Semirhage, the nature fo TP, etc. You could search on those keywords.

Omg I just had a horrible thought.  Janduin can channel, janduin goes to the bight, janduin's soul is fodder at thakken dar.  Janduin's body is occupied by ishy

Moridin would be more probable than Ishamael.  Though I am not sure if Janduin's body could be preserved until the time.  The earliest for the resurrection seems to have been within time of Crown of Swords which is almost a year after the death; that seems to imply that the body was not yet available.

We have not been told whether Janduin could channel or not, but he was approaching the Blight; I take he was killed shortly after entering it.

Moridin would be more probable than Ishamael.  Though I am not sure if Janduin's body could be preserved until the time.  The earliest for the resurrection seems to have been within time of Crown of Swords which is almost a year after the death; that seems to imply that the body was not yet available.

We have not been told whether Janduin could channel or not, but he was approaching the Blight; I take he was killed shortly after entering it.

Yes the first thing I thought when I read this was the quote from Graendal about Moridin looking a bit like Rand, or so she head

Janduin led the three clans that got out of the Waste to claim Laman's head after he cut Avendesora. He died in the siege of Tar Valon.

The WO say that he coulnd't refuse anything to Shaiel and that he let her come with him despite her pregnancy.

Is there ever a scene in any of the books with Ishmael/Moridin communicating with the DO the way some of the other forsaken have?  Or at the very least a glimpse of a memory at any point indicating there was?

Nope I can only think of scenes like that with Mohogedean, Demandred and to a very small extent Grendeahl.  I am pretty sure that the nature of their imprisonment indicates that they all have done so, but those are the only ones I know of where we see the Dark One speak.

Janduin led the three clans that got out of the Waste to claim Laman's head after he cut Avendesora. He died in the siege of Tar Valon.

The WO say that he coulnd't refuse anything to Shaiel and that he let her come with him despite her pregnancy.

No. Janduin survived the war and went back to the Waste. But he was depressed at the death of Shaiel/ Tigraine, resigned as clan chief and led an expedition to the Blight. There, he was attacked by someone/ something that looked a great deal like a male version of his dead wife and allowed it to kill him. From the descriptions, we know it was Slayer using his Luc form.

No. Janduin survived the war and went back to the Waste. But he was depressed at the death of Shaiel/ Tigraine, resigned as clan chief and led an expedition to the Blight. There, he was attacked by someone/ something that looked a great deal like a male version of his dead wife and allowed it to kill him. From the descriptions, we know it was Slayer using his Luc form.

Indeed. Thanks for the correction.

This may not be a simple question, but it IS from a simple person. Or maybe it is. What would happen if someone went in to tel'aran'rhiod in the flesh, and fell asleep wearing a dream ter'angreal? Would a dream version of themselves appear there as well? Or might they dream themselves into another higher plane of tel'aran'rhiod? Also, have we seen any detrimental effect on Egwene having entered in the flesh yet?

This may not be a simple question, but it IS from a simple person. Or maybe it is. What would happen if someone went in to tel'aran'rhiod in the flesh, and fell asleep wearing a dream ter'angreal? Would a dream version of themselves appear there as well? Or might they dream themselves into another higher plane of tel'aran'rhiod? Also, have we seen any detrimental effect on Egwene having entered in the flesh yet?

I'm picturing the game portal, where you can view yourself through the portal.

The cake is indeed a lie.

In The Dragon Reborn...when Nynaeve is talking to Siuan (the Amyrlin) before she goes to Tear, Nynaeve mentions Callandor and Siuan says, "No more than a dozen women in the Tower know what Callandor is and perhaps as many outside"

Since Callandor is a major part of the Prophecies wouldn't more people know it's a sa'angreal.  Cadsuane knew (maybe she was one of the dozen "outside") and I can't imagine the Brown Ajah not knowing that.  Was that an exaggerated statement or do Aes Sedai really not know it's a sa'angreal?

1. I'm a bit confused by this Skimming. Where exactly are they while they're travelling? It's some completely black area where the channeler creates a platform (or whatever) to travel. But..where is this? Is it like the Ways? It's not outside the Patern, right?

2. When Egewene dreamwalks, she goes to an area where she's neither in her dreams nor in Tel'aran'rhiod. A place where she can see others' dreams sort of like stars in a black sky. Where is this place?