DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

I´m readin ToM (yay, first time!) and I keep noticing every bloody character is using the curse Blast... ?? I can´t recall anyone saying that word, it was more Light, or bloody ashes or fish guts and now Blast is tossed around. Is it new for ToM...? I don´t like it...

I´m readin ToM (yay, first time!) and I keep noticing every bloody character is using the curse Blast... ?? I can´t recall anyone saying that word, it was more Light, or bloody ashes or fish guts and now Blast is tossed around. Is it new for ToM...? I don´t like it...

I hated this, think it happened in TGS too. it's just something Brandon does. Think maybe he doesn't like using "bloody" too much *shrug*.

I hated this, think it happened in TGS too. it's just something Brandon does. Think maybe he doesn't like using "bloody" too much *shrug*.

I guess it's just something we'll have to deal with. It really takes you out of the immersion IMO (kept thinking of Stewie from Family Guy), but some people don't seem to even notice it (which I can scarcely believe). With a choice of not finding out what happens and people not swearing correctly, I'll choose people not swearing correctly. It would be nice if we could have people speak more like they did for the first books and find out what happens, but meh.

According to Ideal Seek, the word 'blast' appeared 19 times in NS through KoD, and the only one to say it aloud was Rand (and even that was in his dream) in TEotW chapter 34 "The Light blast you, It's me you want, not her!"

Anyone with a wiki account. But Joel Halnan (@jhalnan on Twitter) is the admin, and another person (@planlist) also stepped up to take credit for organization of it.

Why do you ask? I have a personal policy against editing it just because I'd be stuck in it forever fixing stuff.

Anyone with a wiki account. But Joel Halnan (@jhalnan on Twitter) is the admin, and another person (@planlist) also stepped up to take credit for organization of it.

Why do you ask? I have a personal policy against editing it just because I'd be stuck in it forever fixing stuff.

Yeah that is why I asked. It's kind of a bummer, lots of things wrong and often times they jump to some very strange assumptions. Was wondering how closely it was tied to other areas of the fan world(DM, Theoryland, etc).

Yeah that is why I asked. It's kind of a bummer, lots of things wrong and often times they jump to some very strange assumptions. Was wondering how closely it was tied to other areas of the fan world(DM, Theoryland, etc).

Not very close, but it might get closer. They appear to be trying at least, probably for obvious reasons. Luckers and Linda and I were talking about maybe supervising a Wiki project - that is, not doing all the work, but keeping an eye on things and making note of things that need fixing. But that fell apart for various reasons. It's still technically feasible with the existing Wiki, though. I wonder if we started a thread here, if we could do the same thing - make lists of stuff for Dragonmounters to fix (and fix things ourselves when time allows). It has the potential to be a great resource - the only problem is there will always be some idiot who comes along and changes a page we've already fixed because said idiot doesn't understand as well as s/he believes.

AS in general will wonder how he got loose from the Domination Band.

Well, AS been wonderin' how the hell Rand al'Thor has done half the crap he's done, so I wouldn't be too worried about him being found out.

Also- in regards to Rand using the TP, does HE even know he used it??

Yes. Lews Therin recognized it. Better to kill again, I believe he said, than to use that. Besides, he broke the Domination Band. Nothing short of the Creator (and we now know, the Dark One) could break it, not the Dragon Reborn with both Choedan Kal himself.

Not very close, but it might get closer. They appear to be trying at least, probably for obvious reasons. Luckers and Linda and I were talking about maybe supervising a Wiki project - that is, not doing all the work, but keeping an eye on things and making note of things that need fixing. But that fell apart for various reasons. It's still technically feasible with the existing Wiki, though. I wonder if we started a thread here, if we could do the same thing - make lists of stuff for Dragonmounters to fix (and fix things ourselves when time allows). It has the potential to be a great resource - the only problem is there will always be some idiot who comes along and changes a page we've already fixed because said idiot doesn't understand as well as s/he believes.

That's actually a really good idea. I would be down to pitch in a bit, and it would be super cool to have it as a solid resource.

How does the multiquote function work? I've found that it goes green when you click on it (on more than one post) but how do you get them into one reply?

Do what you just did and after that click the 'add reply' button at the bottom of the page. The quotes should be there.

Thanks Luckers, I'll try it next time I need it.

Question: In EoTW, does Rand kill Ishamael, or does Ishy OD on TP? Because Rand certainly seems to think that he did it, and so does everyone else, but when he sees Ishy again, Ishy tells him that he drew too much of the power.

Also: There's a point when Rand starts sucking down OP, and Ishy suddenly gets worried. Why?

How does the multiquote function work? I've found that it goes green when you click on it (on more than one post) but how do you get them into one reply?

Do what you just did and after that click the 'add reply' button at the bottom of the page. The quotes should be there.

Hehe. I'm very flattered, but...

I am not Luckers :tongue: