DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Big (Currently) Unoticed Thing In Books 4-6 (Mistborn Spoilers)

Luckers

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also take into account Min's viewing's of birgitte, with an older ugly man, and a "much younger" ugly man, that she somehow knew where the same person. The MUCH younger ugly man will be Gaidal, in the current weaving, due to her inappropriate removal from TAR. The two of them are still linked, it'll just be a different dynamic this time around.

If it helps, here's my list of their respective ter'angreal and what they do.

Cadsuane’s and Nynaeve’s ter’angreal

Cadsuane’s

1. First Star - Vibrates when a man who can channel is nearby.

2. Hummingbird - Is a Well

3. Swallow - Detects channeling and indicates direction of channeler. Does not detect cross-gender links.

4. Shrike - Angreal

5. First Fish - Possibly breaks a distant weave (the way she took out Semirhage)**

6. Second Fish - Use Unknown to Cadsuane.

7. Third Fish - Use Unknown to Cadsuane.

8. Two intertwined Moons - breaks direct weaves (like Mat's).

9. A Crescent Moon - Use Unknown to Cadsuane.

10. Unmentioned Star - (The stars were mentioned in plural) Possibly breaks a distant weave (the way she took out Semirhage)**

These are all that have been listed or implied, though there may still be more.

**It's unknown which ter'angreal allowed her to break Semirhage’s disguise though my money is on the Fish because Cadsuane states that she doesn't know the use of 'two of her fish' suggesting she knows the use of the third. Still, its uncertain.

Nynaeve’s

1. Rings and Bracelet - Angreal

2. Long Necklace with Rubies - Use Unknown**

3. Belt with Rubies - A Well for Saidar.

4. Bracelet with Rubies - Covers the user with Armour made from Air.

5. First Bracelet with Emeralds - Use Unknown**

6. Second Bracelet with Emeralds - Use Unknown**

7. First Ring with Green Stones (one single stone) - Detects channeling as much as three miles away, and vibrates differently for saidin or saidar (note: If the person has their weaves inverted then apparently the ring can't tell the difference between saidin and saidar).

8. Second Ring with Green Stones - Use Unknown**

9. First Ring with Saphires (one single saphire) - Goes cold when someone nearby is feeling hostile or angry.

10. Second Ring with Saphires - Use Unknown**

Unlike Cadsuane we know this to be every piece in Nynaeve's collection.

**One of the unknown ter'angreal breaks direct weaves, like Mat's medallion.

Haha.  Wait until Aviendha gats her hands on them.  :D

Something came to my attention and just wanted to share.

I was looking through BS blog posts on his re-read of the WoT and game across this in regards to tDR "And now, it turns out that another big event (Rand using the lightning to clear the Stone from shadowspawn) is actually in the next book." (link: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/603/WoT-Read-Through-THE-DRAGON-REBORN)

Why is he saying that this was "another big event." As far as I can remember that event was not that big. The reference to it is made in the future books once in a while (in tGS Rand and LLT think that it was during that attack that they "failed" for the first time).

Any thoughts, idea?

maybe its taim giving rand the seal

Ahhhhhhh crap!  >:(

Yes I agree with you.

Also when did Herin Fel get murdered most foul? I dont think the bad guys would want that as he was trying to tell Rand to break the seals with the whole cleraring away the rubble

Herid Fel's murder was discussed at length. It is most unlikely that they missed that when saying that is was "unnoticed".

About the seal... English not beeing my natural language, I cannot garantee anythin, but, Taim giving the seal is pretty much a One time thing. not something that "started somewhere between book 4 and 6" ... and that is still ongoing.

Oh crap, 200 pages of this thing is enough ! let it rest, for th Creator's sake, so that we can at least be a bit surprised by what comes.

I was looking through BS blog posts on his re-read of the WoT and game across this in regards to tDR "And now, it turns out that another big event (Rand using the lightning to clear the Stone from shadowspawn) is actually in the next book." (link: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/603/WoT-Read-Through-THE-DRAGON-REBORN)

Why is he saying that this was "another big event." As far as I can remember that event was not that big. The reference to it is made in the future books once in a while (in tGS Rand and LLT think that it was during that attack that they "failed" for the first time).

Any thoughts, idea?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  I took that quote as Brandon previously having thought the lightning episode occured in book 3, but during his reread he realized it doesn't happen until book 4. (TGS Chapter 10).  Nothing big, but an example of how the books can blend together.

Any thoughts, idea?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  I took that quote as Brandon previously having thought the lightning episode occured in book 3, but during his reread he realized it doesn't happen until book 4. (TGS Chapter 10).  Nothing big, but an example of how the books can blend together.

What I'm getting at is why would BS call it "big event"? As far as I know it was not THAT BIG (I mean in comparison to finding about Aiel's past, being introduced to Slayer and many many other things in tSR). And I did not see much of discussion on the topic (maybe back in the day, the book is what?...over 10 years old now). So, did BS made a slip in his blog post? Is the BUT the lighting strike at trollocs? I don't know, but maybe...;)

to me its probably to do with who sent the trollocs to attack the others. im pretty sure that one of the forsaken/chosen thought about sending them in tGS, possibly messana? they were under orders to do so, so it maybe has some ramifications coming up. Lanfear used it to ingratiate herself with rand on the fly, and as i say, its had a recent mention.

to me its probably to do with who sent the trollocs to attack the others. im pretty sure that one of the forsaken/chosen thought about sending them in tGS, possibly messana? they were under orders to do so, so it maybe has some ramifications coming up. Lanfear used it to ingratiate herself with rand on the fly, and as i say, its had a recent mention.

If you're talking about the Trollocs in the Stone (TSR), sammael sent one lot to attack Rand and Semirhage sent another lot to defend Rand. We have a Semirhage PoV to that effect.

The trollocs who attacked Rand in the country house (KoD) are still a mystery.

So are the trollocs that ambushed Tylee outside Ebou Dar (TGS).

Big event as in memorable. Its Taim and the seal. End of discussion. Lock the topic. Put it in a box and never speak of it again.

I bet there isn't anything and Mr Sanderson is just going through this and going ' oh thats a good idea where's me pencil?'  ;)

Sorry--i'm confused--when you say "Big event" are you referring to the "Big Unnoticed Thing" or the "BIG" ramifications it causes?

Since I really do not want to look through 211 pages, can someone tell me if the 'bubbles of evil' have been mentioned? I'm skeptical on that too, after BS specifically said "small thing that means something large."

*Yea, if it's on the scale of mentioning someone's earring, then this definitely isn't it...

He also said it was on the same level of Vin's earing and if anyone here has read the mistborn series you will remember that we had no reason to question the signifigance of her earing until the last book as hemalurgy wasnt known of till hero of ages. I'm pretty sure that we will have no reason to question  what ever we have failed to notice and we wont realise what it was till after aMoL is realeased.

Big event as in memorable. Its Taim and the seal. End of discussion. Lock the topic. Put it in a box and never speak of it again.

I bet there isn't anything and Mr Sanderson is just going through this and going ' oh thats a good idea where's me pencil?'  ;)

Sorry--i'm confused--when you say "Big event" are you referring to the "Big Unnoticed Thing" or the "BIG" ramifications it causes?

Brandon Sanderson in his blog said concewrning the lightning in the stone which kills the trollocs that 'yet another big event that happened in a different book than I reemember'. Thats not an exact quote. Someone questioned waht he meant by a big event and I think it just means something memorable but prob wont have a big baring on the story.

He also said it was on the same level of Vin's earing and if anyone here has read the mistborn series you will remember that we had no reason to question the signifigance of her earing until the last book as hemalurgy wasnt known of till hero of ages. I'm pretty sure that we will have no reason to question  what ever we have failed to notice and we wont realise what it was till after aMoL is realeased.

On the risk of repeating myself, while we didn't know exactly how those earrings would come into play, it was quite clear from the start that they would prove crucial at one point or other. My original thought was that they would help her, not come in the way, but you know what I mean.

So at this point, this thread only serves in my mind to encourage discussion and analysis of the books (which still is a good thing, both for us and Maria's amusement, when and if she checks in to see what's been suggested). So much hoopla was done over this that I can't see it not disappointing people in the end, if you'd even notice what this thing was. I at least halfheartedly expect to be reminded of this issue after I finished reading AMoL, then go back and try to find out what it was.

Wait so when Kell told vin that he liked her earing in one of the early chapters of the first mistborn book you thought that the earing would end up saving her life. if thats true which i highly doubt then i am impressed. But if we are looking for hints like that any trivial comment on ANYTHING in books 4-6 qualifys as being that thing we missed

It's something that keeps happening, or at least happens later on, as well.

Edit (adding on here rather than double posting)

I keep coming back to Aiel Friends of the Dark - Rhuarc and/or Amys anyone, or Sorilea, maybe or all of them?

Too many incidents where there are fingers pointing at Aiel.

1) The Sammael-ordered trolloc attack on the Stone  - A fade recognises Mat as the Hornsounder - this is after Rhuarc has learnt about Mat (TSR).

2) All the assaults in the Waste - in each case, how did the Shadow know where to find people? (TSR=TFOH) - Here of course, we have Lanfear and Asmo around during some of them.

3) Rahvin's absolute preparedness for the Caemlyn Palace Raid - Amys knew the exact time (TFoH)- Moggy knew about it as well- how? 

4) The Gating in of Aiel to attack Mat's camp in LoC - how did they find him and who Gated them in?

5) Katerine's escape from the Aiel Camp (TPoD)- almost certainly an inside job?

6) The Semirhage escape attempt (TGS) - Sorilea knew where the DB were kept and saw the wards removed.

In each case, Aiel help would have been invaluable.

Plus we have no PoVs from the relevant suspects - none at all.

Archived